Seven

Friends...

“How do I look?” Chaerin asked Bom who was busy applying lipstick.

 

“Like a queen.” Bom winked at her making Chaerin chuckle.

 

They just finished preparing and were now on their way to the club.

 

“I feel excited. I can’t wait to hang out with the crew.” Chaerin said, happy.

 

Bom smiled at her cousin. “Yeah. Me too.”

 

They had no trouble getting in the club since the bouncer knows them. “Thanks Cho!” They both winked at the big bouncer making him blush.

 

“Wow. It’s totally packed!” Bom said.

 

“I know right. Where are they?!” Chaerin asked. They were squeezing their way through the crowd.

 

“There!” Bom pointed up to the balcony where they saw Daesung dancing.

 

It took them about 5 minutes to get up to the VIP room.

 

“Noona!!!” the younger boys shouted as soon as Bom entered. Bom always had a good relationship with others. There were many people in the room. Most were their friends.

 

“Hey~” Bom greeted everyone and Chaerin followed. Bom scanned the room and didn’t see TOP there so her and Chaerin settled on a vacant sofa.

 

“What’s up ladiesss~?” Seungri said and sat beside them.

 

“Yah. It’s still early and you’re already drunk.” Chaerin said.

 

“Hul~ that’s exactly what Jiyong hyung said to me before!” Seungri said and started laughing.

 

“Alright alright.” Youngbae came and pulled Seungri away and took a seat. “What’s up?” he asked the two and poured them a drink.

 

“You’re what’s up! I see you’ve been hitting the gym huh.” Bom and started pinching his biceps.

 

“I’ve always been like this.” Youngbae smiled.

 

“Aigoo~ where did this vanity come from?!” Bom teased. “Is it because of your pretty girlfriend right there?” Bom said pointing at the girl chatting with some friends at the other side of the table.

 

Youngbae smiled. “Hyo Rin’s great.” He said, proud of his girl friend.

 

“Oh we know.” Chaerin said. She has worked with Min Hyo Rin before and she was a kind girl, humble and down to earth.

 

“By the way where’s Seunghyun?” Bom asked.

 

“He’s out back with Jiyong. I think they’re talking. Hey cheers!” Youngbae raised his glass and put two glasses in front of them.

 

“Cheers!” Bom and Chaerin said then downed the glass of Black Label.

 

“Your man’s here.” Youngbae nodded to the door and they saw TOP entering, shortly after, he was followed by Jiyong… but he wasn’t alone.

 

“So much for being friends huh?” Bom whispered to Chaerin who had her eyes stuck on the two approaching figures.

 

Chaerin swallowed the lump in and willed her senses back.

 

Bom suddenly stood up and Chaerin didn’t know why but she followed her. Leaving her standing there awkwardly facing the couple in front of her while Bom and TOP hugged each other.

 

“Hey…” Jiyong said softly.

 

Chaerin forced out a smile. ‘We’re friends. These things happen. I shouldn’t be affected because we’re only FRIENDS.’ Chaerin thought to herself.

 

“Hi!” Chaerin said a little too loudly surprising the people around them. She saw Sandara snake her hands around Jiyong’s arm and smirk at her. She wanted to punch the smirk off her face but no.

 

“Hi Chaerin, Bom.” Sandara ‘smiled’ at them. Bom rolled her eyes at her but Chaerin nodded in response.

 

“Come on. Let’s go sit somewhere wider.” TOP said pulling Bom’s hand and Bom pulled Chaerin. Jiyong followed and Dara tagged along.

 

They ended up asking for another table in the VIP room and some more chairs. The others noticed the awkwardness surrounding the three. Well who wouldn’t find the picture awkward? Jiyong sitting between his ex whom he apparently loves and the girl he messed around him who apparently is his girlfriend at the moment.

 

Bom didn’t spare Jiyong any mercy though. Every time his eyes pass her, he would see the anger in them but he’ll only look at her apologetically.

 

“Hey hey hey!” Someone shouted from the door. They all looked. Chaerin sighed in relief. It was Xin.

 

“Hey man!” they all greeted him with hi-fives and as soon as he reached Chaerin’s corner his hand stopped mid-air.

 

“Whoa…” he said looking at the three.

 

Chaerin pulled him down to sit beside him. “Where’ve you been? I’ve been texting and calling you.”

 

“Sorry baby girl. I overslept.” Xin simply said and ruffled Chaerin’s hair.

 

Jiyong overheard their conversation and couldn’t help but feel jealous. He’s always been jealous of how Xin spends a lot of time with her and could just say anything to her.

 

“Come on! Who wants some shots?!” Xin asked and everybody cheered.

 

“Cheers!!! To friendship!” they all clunk their glasses and drank.

 

“Or not.” Bom said and raised her glass towards Jiyong before drinking it. Chaerin kicked her from under the table but Bom didn’t mind her.

 

“Sorry.” Chaerin mumbled just enough for Jiyong to hear.

 

“No. I’m sorry.” Jiyong said, facing her.

 

Chaerin faced her with a smile on her face. “What are you sorry about? We’re friends, right? It’s all good.” She looked away and conversed with the others.

 

Jiyong felt a pinch in his heart. He didn’t want it to be just this.

 

“Hey. Can you give me a glass of water?” he heard Sandara ask from his other side. She was still clinging to him. He sighed and reached for a bottle and poured. He gave her the drink without saying anything.

 

“Yah!” he heard a shriek followed by a series of coughs. Jiyong looked at Sandara who had teary eyes and coughing her lungs out. “I told you to give me water not vodka!” she screamed at him.

 

Bom started laughing. She saw everything that happened. Seungri laughed too earning a deadly glare from Sandara.

 

“Oh , sorry.” Jiyong said his half assed apology. Of course he didn’t mean to do it but it was funny to think.

 

“Ugh!” Sandara stood up and stormed out of the room while Bom was still laughing at her.

 

“Unnie!” Chaerin scolded.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just that the vodka went out of her nose. You should’ve seen her face!” Bom laughed and the others followed.

 

Chaerin shook her head. “I’m sorry about Bom unnie, Jiyong. You should go after her.” She said.

 

“What?” Jiyong didn’t want to. He’s glad she left. Now he could finally enjoy his night… with Chaerin.

 

“I’m sure she wants you to be with her. Go to her.” Chaerin said.

 

Jiyong really didn’t want to go but he also didn’t want to say no to Chaerin so he nodded his head and went out.

 

“Yah. What the hell are you doing?” Bom asked her.

 

“Yah unnie. Stop it. You’re being really mean.”

 

“Well they deserve it. And you, why are you being that ’s fairy godmother?”

 

“I’m just being a friend. Friends support each other.”

 

“Friends my . You two can never be just friends. It’s either you’re in each other’s life or you’re not. There’s no in between.” Bom said.

 

“Noona’s right baby girl.” Xin said and drank another shot. “And what the hell was that anyway? Are they dating? I didn’t expect that. You just friendzoned him like less than a week ago and he’s already into that?” Xin shook his head. He expected more from Jiyong.

 

“Well that’s his business already. Let him be.” Chaerin said and drank a shot.

 

 

“I wondered how long it would take for Chaerin to convince you to come find me.” Jiyong heard from the side. He was in the parking area of the club.

 

Jiyong sighed and leaned on the wall. “Are you happy now? You’re practically destroying my relationship with Chaerin.”

 

“Me? Oh you did that all by yourself, babe.” Sandara was now standing in front of him. “You cheated on her, remember?” she smirked.

 

Jiyong closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. He wanted to hit something.

 

“Come on, babe.” Sandara said and pulled on his arm.

 

He expected her to lead them back to the club but she was going towards his car.

 

“Let’s go home.” she said. Jiyong pulled his arm back.

 

“Then you go home. I don’t wanna leave yet.” He said, anger rising.

 

“Oh babe, you’re cute.” Sandara smiled at him making him angrier. “Now let’s go home before I decide to burn that special book of yours.” She glared at him and entered the car.

 

 

“Good morning sleepy head!” Bom said as soon as Chaerin opened her eyes. “Wakey wakey!”

 

“Unnie, stop screaming. My head hurts.” Chaerin said and covered her head with a pillow but Bom pulled it away from her.

 

“Oh you gotta get up Chaerinnie~” Bom said and started opening the curtains making the sun light up the entire room.

 

“Whyyy? It’s too early.”

 

“It’s almost lunch time babe. Chop chop!” Bom clapped her hands along with the words chop chop.

 

“Why do I have to get up? It’s weekend. No work.” Chaerin mumbled and tried to catch her sleep again.

 

“Oh have you forgotten?” Bom laughed.

 

“What?” Chaerin asked, curious of what her cousin was talking about.

 

“You have a date today. In like 2 hours.” Bom said and started getting clothes from the closet. “So get your pretty little up and take a bath.”

 

“What? What’re you talking about?”

 

“You called up Mino last night and you set up a date for today.”

 

“You’re joking.” Chaerin said surely and lied back down.

 

“Check your call logs.”

 

Chaerin wasn’t so sure anymore. She got so hammered last night and she couldn’t remember everything that happened. She reached for her phone and checked the calls and there it was. She called Mino 2 times last night and they weren’t short calls too.

 

“Oh my God.” She mumbled and felt her headache getting worse.

 

“See? So get up. You don’t want to be late to a date you set up.”

 

“Why’d you let me do it?!” Chaerin almost screamed.

 

“Oh there was no stopping you last night.” Bom chuckled.

 

 

Last night

 

“Come on Rinnie. Time to go home.” Bom pulled on the younger’s hand but failed. It was already 1AM and the shots were coming faster and faster.

 

“10 more minutes unnie.” Chaerin said and downed another shot. Bom couldn’t keep track of all the shots Chaerin took ever since Jiyong left. Damn that man.

 

“Xin, you better stop Chaerin from taking any more shots.” TOP said. They were supposed to leave already but Bom said she wouldn’t leave without Chaerin.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I got her.” Xin said. He wasn’t drunk yet. Just a little tipsy, that’s all.

 

“Come on babe. Let’s just give her 10 more minutes.” Bom pulled TOP to sit down again.

 

After 20 minutes, Chaerin still showed no signs of stopping so Bom made a decision to pull Chaerin out of the club, carry her if necessary but not before going to the bathroom. But when Bom got back, Chaerin wasn’t on her seat anymore, so was Xin and TOP. She looked at her phone and saw a message from TOP that he went out for air but no messages from Xin or Chaerin.

 

“Hey. Where’s Chaerin?” she asked Mina who was already half asleep on the couch.

 

“B-balcony.” The girl managed to say.

 

Bom went out to the balcony and heard Xin laughing his off then saw Chaerin smiling and talking to someone on her phone.

 

“Hey. What’re you doing here?” Bom asked and Xin jumped in surprise but still continued laughing.

 

“Chaerin’s making a booty call.” Xin said.

 

“What?!”

 

“Yeah. It’s so funny.” Xin was still laughing.

 

Bom slapped Xin’s head. “And you’re just letting her?!”

 

“I tried to stop her but she slapped me!” Xin pointed to his cheek which clearly shows a mark of what appears to be Chaerin’s rings.

 

“Ugh.” Bom groaned and went to Chaerin.

 

“Oh I’mma let you spank this .” Bom heard Chaerin say to the person on the phone. “I’m gonna your –“

 

“Alright that’s enough!” Bom tried to grab Chaerin’s phone out of her hand but Chaerin was faster.

 

“Unnie! Stop it! This is an important phone call.” Chaerin said. She was so drunk.

 

“You better drop that call now!” Bom said still reaching for Chaerin’s phone.

 

“I’m gonna call you later. See you tomorrow!” Chaerin said on the phone before Bom grabbed it out of her hand.

 

When Bom looked at it, the call was already dropped but she saw that it was Mino. The Mino who happened to be Chaerin’s high school sweetheart. The Mino who Chaerin thought was the one.

 

Bom sighed. “Oh girl, you don’t know what you just got yourself into.”


Hiiii!!! Is anybody still reading this?! Well, I'm sorry for the wait. I've been busy but I'll try hard to update again sooner. Thanks for reading! :*

Feel free to tell me what you think. I get inspired by comments a lot. And thank you for the 100 subbies <3