Chapter III

I NEED U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III

 

Jimin can’t even remember how it all started. He just remembers that he met Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi one late night in front of Seokjin hyung’s apartment while he and Taehyung are on their way home. Also learning that night that they’re schoolmates and living 2 blocks down from each other’s shared apartments.

And there is definitely nothing to be suspected, definitely, but Jimin’s gut feeling was saying the opposite. Most likely towards this Min Yoongi guy. He still can’t figure it out though, but he’s weirded towards the elder. And being the usual curious kid Park Jimin, he is now thinking deeply, finding what’s odd with the older boy, that he didn’t even realize he’s staring too intensely and longer than necessary to the aforementioned boy.

Yoongi awkwardly cleared his throat, catching himself shamelessly staring back at the younger who still hasn’t blink for almost five minutes now. And really, it’s unnerving. If it’s not for the sweet smell coming from the younger’s blood rudely invading his sensitive craving system, he’d probably snapped and kicked Jimin right in the face. But no; they’re in school and there’s also two other people with them at the rectangular table of the school's cafeteria.

He sighs, shaking his head mentally as he sinks back against his seat, averting his eyes to the orange haired boy who suddenly flicks Jimin’s forehead, so loud Yoongi winced at the sound. Jimin jumps on his seat, partly fighting mild heart attack.

“Goodness, Tae!” Jimin’s voice was only an octave away from screaming, gritting his teeth when he turned to face his best friend.

Taehyung blinks before a smirk tugs on the corner of his lips; leaning to Jimin’s left ear to whisper, “You’re eye ing, Yoongi hyung in front of the foods. How rude of you.” Before pulling back, snickering like a ing hyena after seeing Jimin flushing bright red from the tip of his hair to toes.

“W-What?” horrified, Jimin scoot away from Taehyung, not caring if he's only an inch before falling his off.

The two youngsters continue with their bickering; trying to be careful by maintaining their voices as low as they can manage underlying through terrified and teasing tones. And completely absorbed in their own world that they almost completely forgot the existence of the elders--that Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok are still right in front of them, watching them bewildered.

Hoseok snorts, amused by the sight of the whispering youngsters in front of them. He tried to hide the grin threatening to split his face into two by taking a big bite from his cheeseburger, side eyeing Yoongi sitting on his left who also has the sole attention invested towards Taehyung and Jimin.

“I know your type, Jiminnie. The likes of Yoongi hyung, right? Don’t you dare deny it, .” He heard Taehyung whispers to his best friend with a snicker. And he almost choked on his food when he tried to suppress his laughs in the back of his throat, rushing to get his soda.

“You arse-head, shut up, before I shove you to Hoseok hyung,” the shorter male’s comeback with a glare and it is Yoongi’s turn to snicker at Hoseok who eventually choked in his cheeseburger for real while he’s trying to swallow it down peacefully. He felt the cola entered the wrong pipe.

What the hell? He mouthed; expression’s more than amused according to Yoongi.

“W-What are you talking?” Taetae stuttered, flustered by what he heard from Jimin, and also very much feeling betrayed. He gives Hoseok a side glance from the opposite side of the table before giving back his full attention to his best friend.

Jimin’s smirking. A malicious, sarcastic smirk that looks completely off of his baby face.

Hah! You really think I wouldn’t notice, eh? Jimin thinks as he busies himself from watching the still flustered Taehyung in front of him – Adam’s apple bobbing up and down restlessly from nervousness. He knows Taehyung more than anyone and observing the boy’s unusual reaction for a kind of Kim Taehyung, he knows he won.

“I know you’re flirting with Hoseok hyung, Taetae. Don’t you dare deny it, .”

And before he can flashed Taehyung another smirk, a violent cough on their opposite side interrupts them; gaining their full attention as they both stared wide eyes at Hoseok who’s now a coughing fit with half-eaten cheeseburger in hand, coleslaw and ketchup dripping on the table, and Yoongi with his annoyed and irritated expression, carelessly patting (or more like smacking) Hoseok’s back.

“What happened, hyung?” Jimin asked, eyes jumping from Hoseok to Yoongi back to Hoseok then to Yoongi again until the latter answered him with eyes rolling at the back of his skull.

Well, that's not very nice of Yoongi, isn't it? Jimin mentally huffs.

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe those kids! I can’t believe them! How? How can they talk like that?” Hoseok screeched; a mixture of frustration and amusement rolling off his words, face slowly reddening with the memories from earlier rushing through his head. “The fact that they’re in front of us! Us! For God’s sake. Oh my God.” Rubbing his hands on his face roughly before sighing onto his palms.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter