Chapter II

I NEED U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin scrunches his face, groaning as wave of pain shoot up his nose and forehead. He can hear Taehyung blabbering unintelligent words for the past hour since he had open his eyes – finding himself tucked under white blankets and inhaling antiseptic embracing the cold room – not exactly helping his inability to understand anything at this very moment. All his concern and attention was solely focused on what the hell just happened and why am I in the school clinic’s bed lying and the most important thing is how to shut the hell Taehyung up.

“Oh my God, Taetae, when are you planning to stop talking?” He propped himself up on the bed, albeit with a bit difficulty, leaning his back on the headboard.

Taehyung sighed, settling his flailing arms on his both sides from all the actions and talking before sitting at the edge of the infirmary bed. Looking directly to Jimin’s eyes; frowning. “What do you think you’re doing skipping Literature class?”

Jimin raised one confused eyebrow after hearing the serious tone underlying Taehyung’s words - it’s not usual. Also, he’d done skipping classes before, not just once or twice for dance practice, locking himself in the dance studio because his brain's not in the right condition to receive anything related to academics but it’s never been an issue to his best friend. It’s not like the latter’s never did the same thing either for his vocal and acting lessons.

And mentioning about that now, he’s thinking if the guy in front of him is doing some acting again and he’s the poor clueless acting partner again with the title of ‘Best friend’s Task’ now (because Taehyung loves acting, he honestly have the potential to be an actor with that extremely good looking face. And thus, always putting a scene on the situation and times that Jimin couldn’t see coming).

Jimin bit back a small laugh threatening to spill past his lips with the idea and was just a second away from jabbing a finger to Taehyung’s forehead and tells the guy to stop putting on his act when he noticed how the latter is scowling at him. His smile that was never even showed in the first place faltered, the white sheet in his hands as worry etched his face.

Taehyung's serious, he mentally notes before sighing in defeat.

“Jimin,” Taehyung calls and he hums in response. “What if you ended up with a broken nose or cracked skull? What will you do? That wasn’t just a ball, Jimin. It’s a baseball.” Jimin winced at the way his best friend emphasis the last word, drilling in his ears with a stupidly matter-of-fact tone.

Slowly, the bloody incident starts waking Jimin’s brain cells making him grunt in annoyance.

Stupid baseball players losing their bat swings direction, he thinks as string of curses start clouding his mind.

The room fell into a complete silence; neither of them wanted to talk. Well, on Jimin’s part, he personally doesn’t want to talk and say anything that will push ‘that’ topic any further because he can’t afford having a mad Taehyung for the rest of the day or maybe until the next morning.

Shutting his eyes and swallowing the hisses that tempted to escape his mouth, he carefully runs his fingertips smoothly and lightly on his abused nose and forehead; wondering if it’s bruised in an ugly shade of purple. He wanted to ask his best friend of how he looks like now but can’t take the risk to push another of Taehyung’s button so he stayed quiet.

“Luckily it’s just slightly bruised.” His eyes flew open when he felt warm fingers wrap around his left wrist, gently tugging his hand away from his face. He met Taehyung’s eyes and his bottom lip automatically jolted to a pout from the soft stares he’s giving him.

“I’m sorry,” he whispers softly and felt how Taehyung’s fingers tighten on his skin. He again close his eyes when he felt his best friend’s warm fingertips running lightly on the bruised part of his face, forming small circles that made him unconsciously leaning into the warm touch.

Taetae’s always been warm,  a smile slowly tugs the corner of his lips.

“I’m still slightly disappointed that you skipped Literature just to find you here lying with bruised bloody face. I didn’t get to eat my pizzas, Jiminnie.”

His eyes automatically flew open to squint at the guy in front of him, shooting Taehyung daggers with his playful glaring eyes but the wide smile that threatens to split his face into two never falters even for a second for the rest of the day. Buying his best friend the promised two boxes of pizza that didn’t last for another good 30 minutes before Taehyung emptied it both; miraculously giving himself a chance to finish – a least – two slices.

Taehyung is a big eater and there’s no doubt in it.

 

 

 

 

“I forgot to mention the guy who ‘accidentally’ hit you with baseball,” Taehyung started, flipping on the page of the manga he’s holding.

Jimin frowned at the mention, harshly turning his back on Taehyung who’s on his bed to face his loaded study table.

He sighed. Can’t life be more of a hustle for an eighteen year old, high school sophomore student?

Slumping himself on his swivel chair, he started scribbling notes. “Why do I have to hear that?”

“Uh, he actually visits you but stormed out of the room as soon as he sees you.” Taehyung looked up to his best friend that’s still busy burying his nose on pen, papers and complicated equations. “I don’t know what happened. He’s kinda weird?” He put his manga on his lap in favor of tapping his right index finger on his chin while looking at the ceiling – like he’s remembering the scene from earlier at the back of his eyelids.

“Yeah, weird,” Jimin answers nonchalantly, rolling his eyes from the fact that the judgement comes from Kim Taehyung’s mouth.

Like you’re one to talk, he argues silently.

“Well, he’s cute.” Taehyung beams, flipping another page and lying on his stomach. “He looks like on our age or maybe younger by year? But, well, I don’t know again. His body’s kind of built though, his voice is kind of deep and his face looks matured compares to you,” he finishes, cackling when Jimin abruptly snapped his head to his direction with a glare and Taehyung thinks it's cute and funny.

Well, Jimin has a baby face and no one can argue with that.

 

 

 

 

Jimin looks up to their bedroom wall clock saying it’s already nine in the evening, answering his wonder why his stomach is grumbling. He pushed his stuffs in his bag, walking towards Taehyung who’s crazily laughing so hard from what he’s reading that the boy’s rolling on his bed, kicking mid-air with his long legs that made Jimin’s blanket and pillows currently laying pitifully on the floor.

Shaking his head lightly in disapproval, he picks up his stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter