Chapter XXVII

I NEED U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before, Jimin doesn't understand whenever his mother complained about his father's lack of enthusiasm when it comes to shopping, saying that the man has to put those good arms to use and carry the shopping bags because what kind of husband let his wife carry all the heavy bags? He definitely sees his father rolls his eyes behind his complaining mother, whispering a very quiet she's just being dramatic to his sons who only tilts their heads in question and confusion.

Most girls he heard in his class complaining of the same thing was quickly shut down by a few guys in the same class with their own reasons; saying that girls never stopped at one shop and stay to only get what they need. No. Girls shopped like there's no tomorrow, jumping from one stall to another and stayed there for hours only to get one pair of pants. Exhausting was the word those guys and his father described it to be.

His mother, once his father and younger brother was out of earshot, engrossed with watching some sitcom rerun in the living room while he's sitting on the counter watching his mother chopped meat and vegetables, told him the real reason why she likes to go shopping with his father-except the fact that he needs someone to carry her shopping bags-that it's less lonely to walk around malls with company of the person closest to you.

Jimin still doesn't understand it fully, because he's definitely not in a mall doing shop right now, but he thinks he can share the same reasoning to his mother based on his current situation, could be a close one to that. He feels like complaining like how his mother used to when he was still a kid.

He quietly sips his orange soda as he watches with barely concealed amusement in his eyes as Seokjin passes a large bag of chips to Namjoon who tears it open effortlessly, immediately grabbing a handful and shoving it in his mouth making his cheeks puff like a chipmunk's before feeding his boyfriend who flashes a dimpled small smile in return. They stayed like that for a moment, just staring and feeding each other junk foods as they wait for their meal to serve. And it feels like a private exchange for the two elder so he quickly averts his eyes, landing it on his best friend sitting in his right instead.

He watches as the purple-head scoop a spoonful of rice, blowing as it burnt his mouth, eyes watering. He tsks behind the straw, shaking his head at the scene. Hoseok who's sitting at the other side of the younger boy notices the whole scene, quickly reaching for a glass of cold water and carefully guiding it to Taehyung's mouth. The latter took large gulps, face relaxing as the cold soothes his tongue, grinning a box-like smile directly to the older boy in silent thanks. Hoseok's eyes soften as he stares at the younger boy, his mouth closing from the supposed to be chiding words. Instead he leans a little, planting a soft kiss to the side of Taehyung's head and murmuring something out of everyone's earshot besides Taehyung's before going back to his food, leaving the younger boy to nurse his now burning cheeks.

Jimin shifts his gaze to his own empty plate for the nth time of the night, feeling his chest muscle constrict at the telltale sign of envy. He had been practically the 5th wheel of the group the whole night and it's no doubt slowly taking a toll on him. He wanted someone to look at him like how Namjoon look at Seokjin and he wanted someone to take care of him like how Hoseok did to Taehyung. He knows he's being childish right now, being dependent on someone. But he cannot, for the love of God, help the pang of envy whenever any of the pair hold hands; whenever one of the boy's sneak a kiss to their lovers when they think no one's looking; whenever they automatically sit beside each other on the rides and leave him alone to sit beside some alone stranger, too. He wanted someone to ask him if he's fine after all the walks, to laugh at him for screeching his lungs out, to ask if he's hungry or wanted a drink, to check if he doesn't hurt himself. 
He wanted someone like that now.

Too bad, he cannot blame the loneliness he's feeling now to Yoongi despite having four other people around him. The half-vampire needs his rest, despite being a natural nocturnal creature, he's still half-human, and his last project in music production had got a toll on him. Jimin can take being alone in the rides and in this table if Yoongi could get rid of those painfully bruise-like eyebags beneath his eyes after getting well-rested in return. It's not a big deal.

Only, it's actually a big deal. 
His ugly train of thoughts was cut off when the server places their food on the table. Two plates of meats to be grilled, additional side dishes because Taehyung ate the first served ones, soup because his request, a couple cans of cider, and lunch boxes. Jimin likes lunch boxes, a lot.

He immediately grabs one of the lunch boxes, shaking it with renewed fervor as his stomach grumble, placing it down and opening. His eyes twinkle with happiness as he sees the rice carefully mixed with meat, ham, and scrambled egg was finally displayed in front of him, digging like he's been starved for years and more and at the taste. He heard a chuckle in front of him, seeing it was Seokjin watching him with a smile as he started grilling the meats, the sizzle making Taehyung squeal with utter delight beside him.

"You enjoying the food, Jimin-ah?" Seokjin asks, smile still in place. Jimin nods, digging another couple of spoonful to his mouth until he feels his cheeks full enough for him to avoid talking. "Glad to know that."

Taehyung pokes his right cheek with a curious finger, repeating the action a couple more times until Jimin groans at the disturbance and swats the offending limb away with a not very intimidating glare, only causing the purple-head to emit soft giggles. Jimin's softens at the sound.

"Why are you so adorable even just eating, Jiminie?" it's not question, so Jimin doesn't feel the need to answer it. He continues chewing his food thoroughly. Taehyung smiles a little, something flashing across his eyes as he stares Jimin dead on the eyes, disappearing too soon even before Jimin thinks about the meaning behind it. And then the boy goes back to his food, stealing a piece of meat off Hoseok's plate and laughing as the older smacks him playfully with a spoon.

Jimin smiles at the sight; a little too bittersweet.

They continue eating, Seokjin and Taehyung throwing random topics to talk about. Jimin stays silent for the most part, only giving his opinion if he's directly talked to, focusing on his food more. He was in the process of attempting to stuff his mouth with four meats at a time when he heard someone clears their throat. He didn't need to look up.

"So, my brother texted me that he's at the entrance right now," it's Seokjin, tone laced with barely concealed ecstatic. Jimin smiles a little at the elder's action who is now looking over his broad shoulder, probably at the general direction of the said entrance. Jimin isn't sure though; he's never been good with memorizing directions. Unless it's about dancing and the song was one of BigBang's.

"Jungkookie? We probably should've ordered food for him, hyung. He might be hungry for the long ride. And someone enjoys the food so much to not eat everything," Hoseok points out, giving the boy beside him a pointed look-who looks not a bit bothered by the accusation-but also placing a fresh grilled meat onto Taehyung's plate.

Seokjin claps his hand a little, making a point. "Oh, right," then turns to Jimin, who now has his face tucked behind a piece of lettuce, attempting to shove the fresh leaf in his mouth, too, together with the meats. "Hey, Jimin-ah, can you please pass me the menu. I think Jungkook would like ddeokbokki, but I don't think he'll enjoy the consequence of spicy food before going to rides," he says thoughtfully, rather to himself than to anyone.

Jimin, who most definitely shoves the leaf into his mouth ungracefully, chewing half of it while the other half still hangs in between his lips, pass the menu to the eldest. Seokjin smiles at him, patting his forearm before flipping the first page.

"What do you think Jungkookie would like? This lunch box rice or sandwich? Maybe this giant burger?" Seokjin looks at Namjoon after pointing at every option he had just mentioned, brows knitted in question.

Namjoon flips to the next page, answering nonchalantly. "I'm sure the kid will enjoy anything, jagi. The boy could eat literally anything, sure."

"That's a big help, thanks," Seokjin mutters, flipping onto the drinks, choosing over frappe or iced tea, and asking for Namjoon's opinion again though he knows his boyfriend's answers over this never helps.

"Jungkookie will probably enjoy lunch box rice," Jimin unconsciously says, his orange soda straw in between his lips. Around him, the four boys halt in their business to gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter