Nice to meet you

That Tomboy Girl

 

“Who are you?” A girl’s voice asks him.

Luhan is totally like a stone after hearing his roommate’s voice. He freezes there for quite some time until he feels someone taps his shoulder. He turns slowly and sees a very pretty girl with a big eyes and small lips. She has a fair skin and a long hair. He is captivated with her eyes that he stares at it. His heart is beating so fast. Is it because he is nervous about his undercover?

 

“Are you-” She stops for awhile while biting her lips. “-um, a girl?”

Luhan gulps with her question. Does that mean that she knows he is a guy? This can’t be real! He clears his throat before answers her question. “Uh, yes? Yes! I’m a girl!” He says with a nervous smile, hoping that she believes him.

She heaves a relief sigh. “I’m sorry. I thought that you’re a guy because you’re really looked like a guy. I should’ve known that you’re a girl. I’m so stupid!” She playfully knocks her head while mumbling how stupid she is thinking that he is a guy.

But for Luhan, this is a disaster. Out of all the people that he met today, she is the only who asked him if he is really a girl because he looks like a guy. He needs to be careful with her. He needs to make sure that she doesn’t know that he is a guy not a tomboy.

 

That girl extends her hand for a handshake. “I’m Seo Joohyun, third year of first semester of Language and Literature Major. You can call me Seohyun.” She introduces herself to Luhan.

Luhan shakes her hand with a smile. “Luhan.” He says shortly.

Seohyun tilts her head in confusion. Honestly, Luhan finds that cute when she did that. Wait! What is he thinking about? He shouldn’t think anything like this! He needs to focus on his mission.

“Where are you from?”

Luhan sighs. How many times he has to answer this question? “Seoul. But I’m from China and my family moved here.” The same answer again.

Seohyun nods her head and then she smiles. Then, she helps Luhan to carry his bag inside their dorm. Luhan looks around her dorm or maybe he can say that it is his dorm as well. He is amazed with everything. The atmosphere here is so different compared to his old police academy’s dorm. It’s clean, well decorated, and big. It doesn’t look like a dorm but more like a studio house.

 

“Since the top bunk is empty, so you have to use that. Is it okay for you?” Seohyun shows the top bunk to Luhan which is something new for him. The usual bunk bed will have pillars for support to the top bunk and a stair attached somewhere for a people who used the top bunk to climb up. But this is different. It has some kind like a second floor where only the bed is placed there. There is also a spiral stairs attached to it.

Luhan gasps when he has to climb up and sleep there. He is scared of heights. “I-I’m scared of heights actually.” He shivers just to look at that bed upstairs.

“Acrophobia?” Seohyun asks. Luhan nods quickly and starts to rub his palms. Seohyun thinks for a while. She looks at her bed with a sad looks. “I don’t know. I’ve been using the bottom bunk since the beginning and I’m staying alone for the past three years and you’re my first roommate ever. It’s really hard for me to exchange my bed.”

Luhan didn’t know that she has been staying alone all the time. “Why are you staying alone?” It doesn’t make sense that the dormitory department missed her dorm, right?

“I don’t know either. I feel weird as well. That’s why I’m surprised when I saw you. I’m happy that I finally have a roommate. I feel so lonely staying alone.”

Luhan also asks why she didn’t just ask her friends to sleep over her dorm but there is a rule that all students must be in their own dorm after 10pm. No students are allowed to be in other’s dorm. The warden will do spot-check to make sure that there are no students from other’s dorm. If they found it, not only the students from the other dorm will get punished, the students who stay in the dorm will get punished as well.

 

“I guess I need to move my things to the top bunk now.” Seohyun mumbles softly. But Luhan stops her, saying that he is fine sleeping at the top bunk. Seohyun hesitates at first and starts to feel guilty for saying those words because for sure that he feels guilty for her because of his fear of heights.

“It’s okay. I don’t think this is too high. I’m fine with this. Besides that, who knows that I might overcome my fear after sleeping there?” He chuckles although he is nervous about that. There is another reason why he decides to choose the top bunk. It will be easy for him to observe Seohyun from upstairs. He is afraid if Seohyun finds out about his identity because of his slight careless mistake and she won’t come to his bed if she needs anything, right?

Seohyun smiles. “Really? But if you feel scared, do tell me or maybe you can sleep with me if you don’t mind. I don’t mind about that. I’m worried about your phobia.” She gives a suggestion.

Sleep with her? No freaking way! He won’t sleep with her. She will find out about him for sure but she is really sweet when she cares about him although they just met a few minutes ago.

“Let me show you the bathroom.” She guides him to the bathroom. What? A bathroom? In the dorm? For real?

Seohyun shows him the bathroom and Luhan is amazed with this. There is no dorm that has bathroom inside the dorm itself. This is so new to him. “Does every dorm have a bathroom like this?” Seohyun nods. Every dorm has a bathroom for each! Every dorm! He wonders how many cost that they needed to build this cool dorm for the students.

After showing the bathroom, they back to the room again. Seohyun points the closet for him to use as well as the empty study table for him. She also mentions that he is free to decorate anything as long as it’s not too much or disturbing her. While she is explaining something, a door is opened without a knock.

 

“Seoju, I want to borrow your-” A girl appears and stops while eyeing Luhan. She looks so surprise with Luhan’s presence here.

Seohyun goes to that girl and nudges her arm. “Baechu-ya, this is Luhan, my roommate.” She introduces Luhan to the girl whom she called ‘Baechu’. Isn’t ‘Baechu’ means cabbage though?

“You have a roommate? You didn’t tell me! I can’t hang out at your dorm anymore.” That ‘Baechu’ girl slaps Seohyun’s arm while whining at her.

“She came just now and I was explaining something to her.” Seohyun points to the bag to show that Luhan is just arrived here. Then, she turns to Luhan with a smile. “Luhan, this is my friend, Bae Juhyun. She is in the same class as me and she is same age as me too. We even have the same name except for our surname.” That ‘Baechu’ girl waves at him while saying ‘hello’. “Just call her ‘Baechu’.” Seohyun adds.

Baechu looks at Seohyun and then she pinches her arm making the latter flinches in pain. “What did she ask you to call her?” Baechu asks and Luhan tells her that Seohyun asked him to call her 'Seohyun'. “Don’t call her that. Call her ‘Seoju’. You know, like ‘soju’. Yes, that alcoholic beverage.”

Seohyun looks at her in disbelief. Yes, that’s what she always calls her but she never thought that she was actually referring her name as that beverage. Same goes to Baechu. That name is from her name too. To avoid confusion, they used Seoju and Baeju at first but Baeju sounds like Baechu so that name sticks to her. However, Baechu is only called by Seohyun and she didn’t mind about that. Seohyun decided to use 'Seohyun' because it’s quite common name and of course to avoid confusion but Seoju, only Baechu calls her that.

 

“I have another name, you know. Call me Irene. Everyone is calling me Irene except for this Seoju.” She points at Seohyun with her thumb making Seohyun glares at her. “Our history lecturer gave me that name because she said that I’m like a Greek goddess of peace.” She put her left hand upright to her right cheek like she wants to whisper something to him as if Seohyun couldn’t hear it. “But Seoju is known as the angel of SM Women University.”

Seohyun hits Irene playfully and tells her to stop. She doesn’t like it when people call her that.

“Anyway, my dorm is Block 4/5, 4-3. You are always welcome to come to my dorm.” Irene invites Luhan to come to her dorm if he has time.

“More like you will be the one who comes here often.” Seohyun mocks her.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

After unpacking some stuffs and arranged them nicely with the help of Seohyun, he is so tired and wants to take a rest. He looks up and realizes that he hasn’t applied a mattress sheet and on his bed. He gulps just from looking at it. Can he sleep peacefully today? He can feel that he couldn’t sleep at all because of anxious, worry if he gets caught and now the top bunk bed adds another factor that he can’t sleep.

Seohyun notices that Luhan looks uncomfortable while looking at the top bunk bed. “Are you really sure that you can sleep there? I don’t mind moving upstairs. You look so disorientated.” She is really worried about him. Phobia is not something that you can laugh about.

Luhan lets out an awkward smile. “I’m fine. I’m really fine with that. Don’t worry.” He assures that he is fine although no one can explain how fast his heartbeat is.

“Give me your things. I’ll help you to put on it.” She extends her hand asking for Luhan to give her his mattress sheet, pillow case or anything that related to his bed.

Once she gets everything, she immediately climbs up the spiral stairs to go to the top bunk leaving Luhan alone. Luhan just looks at her how easy she climbs up the stairs. Well, that’s not a problem to him but he probably can’t stand straight while he is up there. He decides to follow her and climbs up the stairs. He has to because he feels like he gives Seohyun a burden for helping him because of his fear.

By the time Luhan arrives there, Seohyun has finished putting the sheet and the pillow case for him. He thanks her and apologizes for giving her a lot of trouble but she didn’t mind about that. She tells him that if he feels uncomfortable sleeping here, he always welcomes to sleep with her or maybe she agrees to exchange the bottom bunk for him.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Luhan lies down on his bed while scrolling through his phone and it’s not that bad at all. All he has to do is to sleep on his right side to make sure that he doesn’t wake up with a heart attack in the morning.

He is thinking on how he should investigate about the problem. How does the student bring a guy to their own dorm? According to the report, the only evidence that they found is a man’s attire in their dorm as well as a man’s underwear suggesting that the student and the man that they brought were doing something that he doesn’t need to explain. But the interrogation between the students claimed that they never brought any guy and swore that they didn’t know how a man’s attire ended up in their closet.

There should be any action taken from the university if the students broke the rules, right? Although it is said that there will be an action taken, so far there is no action taken to the girls who broke the rules. It’s just that the problem vanished just like that. The president claimed that there must be someone who behind this and he is ordered to investigate this matter.

But how is he going to know about this in detail? He can’t just ask Seohyun directly about this. It will look like the image of SM Women University becomes bad if he asked that. The public didn’t know this ugly truth about this university and he just found out about it 3 months ago. If he asks Seohyun, she will wonder how he found out about this.

Luhan ruffles his hair in frustration. It’s not easy to do this and he questions himself why did he agree to this in the first place. It was all because of the promotion. His dream is to get promoted to a better rank. He wants to show to his father that he is also a worth to his family.

 

Unnie, aren’t you going to take a shower?” Seohyun asks after she comes out from the bathroom with only wearing a bathrobe. Unnie?” No answer. “Luhan unnie?”

Luhan turns to Seohyun after he senses that she is calling his name but there is something weird about the way she’s calling him. “Huh?”

“Aren’t you going to take a shower, unnie?” She asks again.

Luhan blinks for a second. Unnie? Me?” He asks while pointing himself for confirmation.

“Then, who else?” She says or rather she says it sarcastically. “You’re older than me so it’s better for me to call you ‘unnie’.”

Luhan feels like he is dead inside. He can’t help but cringes when Seohyun calls him ‘unnie’. Maybe he should ask her to call him his name only. “I’m just one year older than you. You don’t have to call me ‘unnie’. Just call me Luhan op-, I mean just Luhan.” He slaps himself mentally when he almost blurts out the word ‘oppa’.

“But I’m not used to call someone who is older than me by names unless they are same age as me. My mom taught me to respect someone older. I guess you don’t like to be called ‘unnie’ because you don’t like to become a girl, am I right?”

Luhan loses all his words with her statements. It’s not that he doesn’t like to become a girl, well, actually he is, but it’s really awkward for him. He doesn’t know why but her words earlier make him feels offended although there is the truth in her words. “It’s not like that. It’s just that… no one has called me ‘unnie’ before.” Obviously, no one will call him ‘unnie’.

“Then, can I be the first person to call you ‘unnie’?” Seohyun says in hopeful.

Luhan bites his lips while thinking about it. He needs to get rid that title. He can’t take it to be honest. “How about this, how about you call me Hannie? It’s like a mix of Luhan and unnie. It’s not that I don’t want you to call me ‘unnie’ but I’m not used to it. I’m afraid that I will ignore you if you call me ‘unnie’ because no one has called me that before.” He suggests.

Seohyun taps her chin with her index finger like a thinking position. She thinks for a while before she decides it. “Okay,then. But I can’t guarantee that I won’t call you ‘unnie’. It’s just that being polite is in my blood.” She chuckles before she tries to say his name. “Hannie un-, I mean Hannie.” She giggles when she almost said ‘unnie’.

Luhan facepalms mentally. He guesses that he needs to get used to it.

 


 

Luhan wakes up when his alarm rang. It is 6.00am. The class will not start until 9.00am but he needs to wake up early, even earlier than Seohyun because he wants to hide himself from her. Gather all of his courage, he carefully looks down from his bed to check whether Seohyun is awake or not. He heaves a relief sigh when she hasn’t awake yet.

He gets down from his bed and slowly climbs down the stairs. The spiral stairs make him to become more careful because he might fall from it. He tiptoes while making his way to his closet. Unlike the usual closet where it need a door to open and close, this closet used a sliding door instead and it is useful for him because it doesn’t make a loud sound while he slides it.

He takes his shirt and pants and everything that he needs to wear today. All this, he will wear it in the bathroom. He can’t just come out with him wearing a towel and wearing his clothes in the room, right? Seohyun will find out about him for sure. Besides, it’s his habit wearing a towel around his waist and he looked so awkward wrapping the towel around his body. Yes, he did that before and it’s weird.

 

After he takes a shower and wears his clothes inside the bathroom, he goes out to the room. Seohyun whimpers on her bed while her hand is searching for something which is her phone. She grabs her phone and presses the button. Her phone is light up making Seohyun squints her eyes to adjust the light. Unnie? You’re awake so early.” She says sleepily.

Luhan starts to feel nervous. What is he supposed to answer if she asked why he’s awake so early? “I’m sorry for waking you up. I’m afraid that I will get late to the class and I have a hard time if people waking me up early in the morning so it’s better that I wake up first.” Well, he always wakes up at 6.00am every day for his duty. He enters his work around 8.00am so waking up at six is not something unusual.

Seohyun pushes her body to sit on her bed. She covers when she yawns. “It’s okay, unnie. I used to wake up at 7.00am but I guess I need to take a shower now since you woke up.” She grabs her towel and goes to the bathroom.

 

Luhan waits for Seohyun while lying on his bed and scrolling through his phone. He is reading some news today which is the usual thing he does every day. Then, he goes down and takes his bag before he looks for his timetable for today. He looks at it and scratches his non-itchy head. He had no idea where his classes are. He needs a time to explore this university because it’s really big and he swears that he could get lost if he is walking alone. He needs help but from who? Seohyun? But she has classes. He can’t disturb her on that. The minibus driver? He only knows Suho and Baekhyun. He has yet to meet the other minibus drivers.

 

Seohyun comes out from the bathroom while wearing a bathrobe. Her head is wrapped with a towel. Luhan was about to ask her when Seohyun takes off her bathrobe, leaving her only with a towel wrapped around her body. He immediately turns to avoid looking at her while changing. His cheeks blush when he thinks about it. This is what happens when his roommate is a girl.

Unnie, are you looking at your timetable?” Seohyun asks from the back.

Luhan wants to turn to her but at the same time he feels embarrassed. What if she hasn’t done changing? “Uh, yes?” He says. He wants to turn to her but he is afraid but it is so rude for answering her without looking at her. “I told you to call me ‘Hannie’, am I?”

Seohyun quickly covers when she realizes that she called him ‘unnie’. “I’m sorry.” She apologizes. “Well, I told you that I can’t guarantee that I won’t call you ‘unnie’, right? I think I need to get used to that.” She reminds him about that. “So, which class are you going today?”

Luhan tells her that his first class is English in which Seohyun asks him who is the lecturer. However, the timetable didn’t state the lecturer’s name on the subject that he took. So, he didn’t know who the lecturer is.

“For English, there are only two lecturers who taught it; Miss Jessica Jung and Miss Tiffany Hwang. So maybe either one of them.” She explained to him. “If you don’t mind, I can show you around the university since you just came yesterday. I have one class for today so I can show around with the minibus. Have you met any of the minibus drivers?” Luhan nods and says that he met Suho and Baekhyun yesterday. “You haven’t met Chanyeol oppa, D.O oppa, Kai oppa, and Sehun oppa yet. If possible, you can meet them today. It’s not that hard to meet them. All of them will drive around the university at allocated time. If you missed them, there will always the next one but you have to wait for them around 15 minutes.”

“Does that mean that they will drive to the same place every day?” The minibus thing isn’t bad idea at all but if you’re a driver and drive at the same place for an hour every day, don’t they feel a bit bored?

“Yes, they used the same route every day except Saturday and Sunday because there’s no class on that day. Suho oppa told me that the university hired another one driver and will start next week. I can’t wait to meet him.” Seohyun says excitedly.

After Seohyun is done, both of them go out and wait for the minibus. Luhan suddenly feels so tense right now. This is his first day going to the class and all but will the other students notice him as a guy?

 

 

 

 

 


So, your wish is come true! Seohyun is Luhan's roommate! I want to laugh while writting when Seohyun called Luhan 'unnie'. And the best friend: Baechu and Seoju. Who do you think will be the new minibus driver? I give you a hint. It's someone from EXO. Since EXO-K is out (all of them are drivers) so it's EXO-M.