The half day of hell

That Tomboy Girl

 

Luhan asks the guard to show him the way to the office and the guard only points the way with no intention of guiding him to the office. “There are maps and signboards everywhere, so you won’t get lost if you follow them.” The guard told him. He sighs because he has to struggle alone while carrying his loaded luggage to the office. He doesn’t know where to put this.

He walks and walks and stops when he saw a map located at the corner of the pedestrian. He takes a look on where the office is located. His eyes widen when the office is far away from here and he has to walk to go there. He wonders how the students go through this every day. Are they tired? Or they have their own transport? Perhaps there is at least a transport for them to go to their respective class?

 

His face and body start to sweat a lot. This is like a hell for him. Who knows that the route to the office is like climbing a hill? It does like it! He can’t take it anymore. This is only the first day and he doesn’t even start everything yet. He is just about to make the first step of his undercover. He never knows that undercover can be this hard.

“Just a little bit more! A little bit more!” He mumbles himself while clenching his teeth because of the tiredness.

He brings three bags along with him. One is a huge luggage bag with wheels at the bottom, so it’s easy for him to pull it but the other two are luggage bag without wheels and a large backpack. Imagine having to carry these bags alone while climbing the hill. This is so crazy.

 

PIN

 

Luhan flinches when he heard a honk sound coming from behind. He turns and sees a minibus stops beside him. The driver opens the door revealing a young guy seated at the driver seat. He surprises to see how young the driver is. He looks like a student here but wait- this is SM Women University. That means only women study here.

The driver frowns when he looked at him. Luhan starts to feel nervous because who knows that this driver finds out that he is a guy.

“Are you a student here?” The driver asked him.

Luhan nods at him rapidly. “I’m an exchange student. I just come here today. Do you know where the office is?” He tried to sound normal and hopefully the driver didn’t catch him for being sounded like a real guy.

“Get inside!” He ordered but Luhan seems hesitated. “I will take you to the office.”

Luhan gets inside of the minibus and he feels like he is in heaven now. The air conditioner from the bus makes him feel better. After sweating a lot, he needs something to refresh himself before coming to the office. He doesn’t want to look bad on his first day here. He can feel that his whole shirt is covered with sweats. Thank goodness that the driver allowed him to be in here. He probably passes out by the time he reached to the office.

 

“What is your name?” The driver asked.

Luhan startles when the driver asked his name all of sudden. Will he be fine if he said his name? Will the driver finds out that his name sounded like a boy’s name?

“Lu-Luhan.” He stuttered.

The driver turns to him with a frown before turns towards the road. “Where are you from?”

“Seoul.”

The driver turns to him again before turning again to the road. “I never heard that kind of family name. If it is ‘Han’, I don’t really surprise because it is definitely quite common family name.”

Luhan rubs his palms together. He starts to sweat again but this time because of his nervousness. He is nervous if this task is going to fail before it starts.

“I’m from China but my family moved here for work purpose.”

“I see.” The driver nodded. “By the way, my name is Kim Joonmyeon. You can call me Suho. I’m a minibus’s driver for the students who want to go to their class because you see, the way to their class is really far and the road is quite hilly.” He introduced himself to Luhan. “There are six minibuses here so there are six drivers including me. If you have a chance, you might get to know all six of them. We all are quite popular among the students because we are their savior.” He chuckled. “And we are quite close to them too. So don’t be shy around us.”

Luhan nods after hearing Suho’s explanation about them. So there is a transport for them to go to their class. Suho seems to be a friendly person. He might get along well with him but he better not or else he will find out about him.

“So, how do you feel when you transferred here? Nervous? Excited?” He asked while grinning after he said the word ‘excited’.

What’s with that grin? Luhan feels like his hair straighten up. “Um, I’m quite nervous because this is the first time I’m coming here. I mean, to the women university.” No lies detected.

Suho chuckles. “I think you’re going to become popular in instant.” Luhan raises his eyebrow with Suho’s statement. “The girls are so lonely because there are no boys here. Usually, the one with tomboy nature will become their main attraction.” Luhan shivers and cringes while hearing about that. This is not good at all. “That’s why I said that you’re going to become popular in instant. There are plenty of tomboys in this university but if I’m not mistaken, Amber is the most popular here. It looks like she has a rival.” He added with a smile on his face.

Whoever that Amber is, he hopes that he won’t get popular among girls and leave that to that tomboy Amber instead. He can’t bring himself to be the girls’ attention. It will affect his job in undercover. Hopefully he will be fine until this task finally finished.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Luhan finally reaches to the office thanks to Suho, the minibus driver who offered him a ride just now. Without him, he could have passes out in the middle of the road. The road is no joke. It is quite challenging for him. That road is better for people who want to do an exercise or jogging.

 

He enters the office and meets the receptionist there. He gives the application letter to her and she told him to wait for a while before she goes inside to call someone. She also offers him to sit on the seat provided.

While waiting, he takes a look around him. The university’s achievements are placed there and he is so impressed with this. There is no doubt that SM Women University is one of the most prestigious universities in South Korea.

One of the achievements that caught his eyes the most is that this university became champion for three years in a row in futsal. He couldn’t help but feel proud because he loves football so much. Futsal may be different than football but at least that’s something.

 

“Luhan-shi?” A lady around late twenties appears and calls his name. She is really pretty and from her looks, she doesn’t look Korean.

Luhan follows her to the room and sits when he was asked to sit by the lady. She sits as well while flipping some papers. “So, you’re an exchange student from Seoul Private College, aren’t you?”

Seoul Private College? Those are just made up for his undercover. Luhan nods at her to play along with his undercover. According to his chief, no one should know about his identity and undercover. The only person who knows about this is the president of the university and her secretary as well.

“Where are you from?” She asks.

He clears his throat before answering her question and at the same time, he needs to make sure that his manly voice doesn’t sounds so obvious. “I’m from China but my family moved here for work purpose.”

After hearing his answer, the lady looks up with a surprise looks on her face but at the same time, there is a glimpse of felicity from her like she just won a lottery or something. “You’re from China? I’m from China too! Oh by the way, my name is Miss Victoria Song Qian. You can call me Miss Victoria or Miss Song. I’m the lecturer in Chinese language department. There is another Chinese lecturer here. Her name is Miss Zhang LiYin. She is the head of department of Chinese Literature and Language. Hopefully you’ll meet her soon. She will be so glad to meet another Chinese student here.” She said enthusiastically.

Luhan smiles or more like, he fakes a smile. It’s not that he is not happy meeting a fellow Chinese here but her sudden excited introduction shocked him a little. He didn’t expect that. But of course he is happy when he is not the only Chinese here. It would be nice for him to join her class since it’s been a long time he leaves China. He needs to know about his country too.

“Which part of China are you from?” She asked again.

“Beijing.”

“Oh, I’m from Qingdao. Miss Zhang is from Chengdu. I hope that you can join my class too since there are quite a few who joined my class and there are not a lot of Chinese students here.” Luhan notices that she always smiles. Maybe it’s because she’s meeting someone who is from her home country. Who wouldn’t get excited when you found someone who is coming from the same country as yours?

“So here is the form that you need to fill and you need to go to the dormitory department to get your keys to your dorm.” She said as she gives a form for him to fill.

 


 

After everything at the office has been settled, now he has to go to his dorm. He already took his keys and he reads the name of his dorm; 7-11, Block 9. How many blocks they have here? But that’s not what he cares about. What he cares about is that his dorm is in the seventh floor! He has an acrophobia. He shivers just thinking about it.

 

He goes out from the office and sees Suho is talking to someone. There are two minibuses there so Luhan assumed that the guy that Suho is talking to is another driver. However, the guy looks so young like really young. He doesn’t know how to describe him but he has a small eyes and kind of like a pretty boy image. If Luhan could pick any animal to describe him, he would choose a puppy. Puppy suits that guy the most.

Suho notices that Luhan has come out from the office and he points to him making the other guy looks at him too. That guy looks at Suho with a questioned look and says something to him before he turns to Luhan again. Luhan could feel that he probably talking about his appearance. Well, he doesn’t mind about that but he hopes that that guy didn’t found out that he is a guy.

“Luhan, this is Byun Baekhyun, another minibus driver.” Suho introduced the guy whom he was talking with to Luhan.

Luhan was about to raise his hand for a handshake when he realizes that he is actually suppose to act like a girl. Well, a tomboy but still has a girl’s attitude. He bows to him and smiles widely until his gums are shown making Baekhyun fakes a smile because of Luhan’s weird action just now.

“Suho-shi, if you don’t mind, can you send me to this place?” Luhan doesn’t even want to think of walking to the Block 9 from the office. Why not asks the minibus driver instead since he is here?

“Block 9?” Suho said before Baekhyun cut him. “Your dorm is at Block 9? You can come with me. I was about to go to Block 9 as well.” Baekhyun offered with a smile. Without thinking any longer, Luhan agrees.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Luhan takes a ride with Byun Baekhyun, another minibus driver that he just met at the office. Since he wants to go to Block 9 where Luhan’s dorm at, Baekhyun offered a ride in which Luhan agreed although he had to take all his bags from Suho’s minibus.

From Luhan’s observation on Baekhyun, Baekhyun seems to be a talkative person. From the time he entered his minibus until now, he couldn’t stop talking. Luhan isn’t the type who likes to talk very much in fact he can’t stand noisy people. But he didn’t have a heart to ignore him because it looks like Baekhyun is someone who seems fun talking to.

“You must be curious on how many does this university’s dorm block has, am I right?” Baekhyun started a new topic. “Well, let me tell you. Actually, this university has 5 blocks only but the name is not what you expected.”

Luhan raises his eyebrow as he couldn’t understand what he is saying.

“Your block is Block 9 but there are only 5 blocks here.” He continued.

That gets Luhan realizes what is the meaning. He’s right. There are 5 blocks here but where does the Block 9 came from? “How come there is Block 9 but there are only 5 blocks?” He wants to know why.

“The name of the dorm is not what you think. The first block is called Block 3. The second block is Block 4 and third is Block 9.” He stopped for a while to turn the steering at the junction.  “That sounds a little bit normal but here comes the weird part. The fourth block is Block 5 and the fifth block is Block 4/5.”

Luhan winces after hearing the fifth block’s name. Block 4/5? “Whose idea is that to give those blocks’ name? It sounds like that person doesn’t know how to count.” Seriously! The first block should start with Block 1, then Block 2, Block 3, Block 4, and Block 5.

Baekhyun shrugs. “I don’t know but I heard that they are in the process of changing the blocks’ name. I heard the name that they are going to use is S.E.S, CSJH, SNSD, f(x), and RV. But nothing has been confirmed yet.”

Luhan’s jaw drops after hearing the unofficial name for the dorm. After number, now they are playing with the letters. “What is the meaning behind those letters?” There has to be a meaning or at least that’s an acronym.

“I don’t know about that. The girls just told me what they heard.” Baekhyun’s leg presses the brake and stops the minibus and pulls the handbrake before turns to Luhan. “Here is the Block 9.”

 


 

Luhan pulls his luggage while carrying another two bags. Baekhyun only helped him to take out his bag from minibus and he couldn’t help him to carry to his dorm because guys are forbidden to enter the girl’s dormitory. Luckily, he saw an elevator that helps him to reach the 7th floor.

“Where is dorm 7-11?” He muttered angrily when he couldn’t find his dorm.

He sees a signboard where it shows an arrow pointing where his dorm is. He turns right when an arrow pointing the number of his dorm is right. He pants when he still hasn’t reached his dorm yet. Why his dorm is really far?

He stops after he sees the number of his dorm, 7-11. He smiles as he finally reaches his dorm. While he was walking, he didn’t noticed how different this dorm is than the dorm that he used to stay. As expected from SM Women University.

He takes his key to open the door. He feels nervous to enter his dorm. What if there is someone inside? He wishes that his roommate is not here. It’s almost lunch time now and he thinks that maybe his roommate still in the class at this moment so maybe no one is in the dorm.

He twists the door knob and the door is opened. He takes his bag and pulls it with his back against the door while pushing it so that he could enter along with his bag.

 

“Who is there?”

 

Luhan freezes when he heard a female voice inside the dorm. Damn! His roommate is here.

 

 

 

 


I'm back! Sorry for the late update because last week I still had exams and didn't have time to update. Besides that, I'm busy packing all my things because I'm leaving my hostel. Another thing is that my brother's family moved to another house so it's really busy. I hope you enjoy reading this and please leave a comment about this. Thank you!

Oh, let's talk about this story, shall we? Wonder who is Luhan's roommate? I don't know why I used EXO-K as the driver. Hahaha! About the dorm naming, I want your suggestion actually. Do you want the dorm block's name to be the one I mentioned above or the full name of the one I mentioned? (I mean do you want it the dorm name to be RV or RedVelvet for example) Or you just want me to stick the numbers? LOL! Those numbers have meanings too. It's the number of how many members in each group mentioned. As for 4/5 is RedVelvet. I can't use 4 because of CSJH and I can't use 5 because of f(x). 4/5 is better because RedVelvet debuted as 4, then they become 5. What a weird thought!