Permission

That Tomboy Girl

 

Seohyun stretches herself on the bed after waking up from her sleep. She doesn’t know why but she dreamt about Luhan confessing his love to her and even proposed her to marry him. Too bad that it was just a dream. How much she wished that it was real. She wants to marry him.
 
Never once in her life she will think about married. She swore herself that she wants to stay single forever and even declared it to her parents which made them sad and disappointed. She thought that if she’s married, she will be ‘bullied’ by her husband by asking to do everything. She doesn’t like that. She wants her husband to help her even though he is tired.

 

She takes a towel to go to the toilet and while on her way, she heard his parents’ voice and she is confused. Are they really here? For what? She takes a look at the living room and sees Luhan and his parents like they are discussing something.

Her mother notices her presences beside the wall and calls her immediately, “Joohyun dear, you just wake up?”

With that, everyone turns to the girl who is wearing a nightwear while holding a towel on her shoulder while standing curiously in front of her room. She feels embarrassed when everyone is looking directly at her especially Luhan. She can’t look at him in the eye now because she keeps thinking about her dream. She remembered that in her dream, he was wearing the same suit that he wore for their dinner and thought that it was real but unfortunately, she woke up and realized that it’s all a dream.

“Yes, omma.” She answered to her mother before asking a question that was bugging in her mind. “Why are you here?”

“We are discussing about your wedding.” Her mother replied.

Seohyun’s eyes widen after heard the word ‘wedding’. “My wedding? With who?”

Mr. Seo is confused for a moment before he turns to Luhan with a glare. “Luhan, you told me that she said yes!”

Luhan gulps when Mr. Seo changed into that scary old man again. “S-She did. She probably didn’t realize it because she was sleeping.” He tried to answer but at the same time he is scared with Mr. Seo. But it’s true that Seohyun said ‘yes’ to him. He should’ve just recorded the whole thing as a proof but it’s too late now.

“You proposed to her while she is sleeping?” Mr. Seo raised his voice making everyone is shocked with his action. “You lied to me!” He uttered angrily.

“I took her for a dinner yesterday night but my workmate called me for an important work. It turned out that they were fooling me with their prank. I shouldn’t have gone there. By the time I arrived here, it was 11.30pm. I have no choice but to wake her up and propose to her. I really want to marry her.” Luhan explained to Mr. Seo to defend himself.

“Joohyun, do you know that he proposed to you yesterday?” Mr. Seo asked his daughter for confirmation. Luhan hopes that Seohyun said ‘yes’.

“He did? Does that mean it wasn’t a dream?” Seohyun is in completely dazed when she found out that the proposal is real. In her heart, she feels slightly happy with it but she is still stunned with that.

Mr. Seo turns to Luhan in fuming. “I’m not going to accept that. I’m against your marriage!” He declared making everyone is shocked with that.

Luhan is almost heartbroken when Mr. Seo said that. All his hard work just vanished in a blink of eye. He never thought that Mr. Seo doesn’t accept that even though he has a reason why. Seohyun was sleeping. He knows that either she listened or not to his confession and proposal. But she said ‘yes’? Maybe she didn’t know what he was babbling and she just said ‘yes’ because he asked so.

 

Appa, no! Don’t against it! I love Luhan oppa so much and I want to marry him too. If you’re against this, I’m going to be single forever.”

Luhan feels like he is flying now. Did she just say that she loves him and wants to marry him? So she really said ‘yes’ to him. He is so happy right now. If possible, he wants to hug her tightly but of course not since her parents are in front of him. He needs to behave in order to be their son-in-law.

Mrs. Seo calms her husband down. To be honest, she doesn’t like what her husband did to Luhan. That boy just suffered from his parents and he’s making him to become stressed with his deadline. She knew that Luhan basically rushed everything just to confess and propose to her daughter. He even called her secretly just to ask how Mr. Seo confessed to her before because he didn’t know about dating at all.

Mr. Seo sighs after his wife coaxed him to accept their relationship. “I have no choice, am I?” He said in defeated. He turns to Luhan, “I did this because I want you to know whether you really love my daughter. If you love her, you will want her to be yours fast. You can’t wait for this kind of thing.” He gave out his reason to both Luhan and Seohyun.

“And you can’t rush this thing either.” Mrs. Seo said mockingly.

Mr. Seo told her to shut up but Mrs. Seo won’t. She brings up what happened to them when they were dating and how she was waiting for him to confess to her and even propose to her too but all he did was asking his parents to do it for him.

“At least, Luhan tried to take her for a dinner and he also confessed and proposed to Joohyun while she was sleeping because of your stupid deadline.” Mrs. Seo scolded her husband with witnessed by two people who were giggling at their antics.

While Seohyun’s parents are still bickering about their past, Seohyun takes a seat next to Luhan with a bright smile on her face same goes to Luhan as well. She wanted to ask him about yesterday, “So, you did propose to me, oppa?”

Luhan nods while pointing at her ring finger of her right hand. “You wear that ring.”

She looks at her finger and is surprised to see a ring on it. The ring is so beautiful and she feels so happy with this. “You bought for me? I like it, oppa! Thank you so much! I love you, Luhan oppa.” She said with a shy smile.

“I love you too, Joohyun.”

Three words, eight letters, it means a lot by them.

 


 

“So, her father finally accepted you?” Lu Gao asked Luhan as Luhan told his story about his proposal to Seohyun as well as the deadline that Seohyun’s father gave it to him. Besides his proposal story, he also mentioned about their parents which also made Lu Gao unhappy with it.

Luhan nods to Lu Gao. While he was telling his story, Lu Gao was laughing out loud that was almost disturbing other prisoners and guests there. Lu Gao couldn’t stop laughing on how Luhan was pranked by his friends and how he was proposing to Seohyun while she was sleeping. Luhan feels happy to hear him laughing like this. He can’t forget his reaction when Lu Gao found out that he is visiting him again.

“You should thank her for confessing her love to you to her father. She really loves you so much, huh? I mean, of course because you love her too. It’s cringe-worthy but I’m so jealous!” Lu Gao makes a frown face when talking about the couple which makes Luhan chuckle for his funny face. Suddenly, his face changed into a serious one. “And mom? Dad?”

Luhan understands the meaning of his question. What was their parents’ reaction about his marriage? “Well, they disagreed at first as expected. But then, I don’t know what’s in their mind and all of sudden, they agreed with the marriage.” He had expected them to against it because their dislike towards Seohyun but he had no idea why they changed their mind. They came to his house and he was glad that Seohyun wasn’t there either. He didn’t want his parents to hurt his beloved one but their reason to come here because they approved his marriage with Seohyun. However, they just said that and nothing else before leaving. He didn’t make it to ask why were they agreeing suddenly but for him, what’s important is that they accepted Seohyun. Or maybe not.

Lu Gao notices the glum look in his little brother and he feels regret for asking about their parents’ thought about his marriage but people said it’s important to have a consent with both sides of parents and if one of them is against it, then they can’t get married. But that’s what people said. Nevertheless, he is glad that their parents agreed to it. He doesn’t want his brother to be sad again. That’s enough for what he and his parents did to him in the past. He really regrets it.

Now he understands the meaning of feeling lonely. He doesn’t have a friend in prison. Why would he befriend with them when they excluded him? Right now, Luhan is all he has since Luhan is the only person who is willing to visit him, not even his parents who claimed that he is their proud son visit him.

 

Lu Gao tries to change the topic to make Luhan smiles again. “Hey, Luhan! Don’t do that face. Smile! You’ll look cute when you’re smiling.”

“Lu Gao!” Luhan screamed while making an annoyed look. Lu Gao knows his weakness and he has a habit to peeve him by saying that Luhan is cute. Lu Gao really loves to see him whining over the word ‘cute’. “I told you don’t call me cute!” Luhan whined while Lu Gao enjoys with that. Lu Gao even does a fist pump in the air while saying ‘yes’ because he manages to make Luhan feels annoyed.

This is the first time he looks at his younger brother with heart and he admits that Luhan is indeed cute in his eyes. No matter how he loathes hearing people call him cute, Lu Gao will still say that he is cute even when he is angry. Sometimes, Lu Gao wished to turn back the time when they were young so that he would use his fighting skill to people who bullied Luhan because well, he is his little brother. As a big brother, he needs to protect him because Luhan is such a fragile boy and cute too. If only the glass wall isn’t separate them now, he would pinch Luhan’s cheek until he’s satisfied.

“I will call you ‘a man’ when you have a child soon.” Lu Gao proclaimed to Luhan. That statement caused Luhan to blush a little and it can be seen by Lu Gao and immediately teases him without forgetting to call him cute which only makes Luhan become annoyed more. Meanwhile, Lu Gao laughs at Luhan’s reaction every time he called him that. “By the way, when is your wedding?”

Luhan finally calms himself down after the teasing from his brother and he just couldn’t believe that his brother would do that. It’s like a dream. He turns to Lu Gao when he asked about his wedding. “I’m not sure yet because I have to wait for Joohyun to finish her study and graduate first but her parents-” He stops right there.

“Want you to get married fast?” Lu Gao finished Luhan’s sentence as he got what Luhan meant.

He nods at Lu Gao while looking down blankly. Right now, everything is on Seohyun’s hand. If she wants to wait until she graduates from university, then he will follow her decision, and if she said that she wants to get married early, he doesn’t mind either. The earlier, the better but he doesn’t want the marriage will distract from her studies since she might get pregnant while she is having her final exam or during convocation. Pregnant? Suddenly, Luhan’s cheeks blush while thinking about Seohyun is going to get pregnant. With his ‘seed’.

“Luhan? Why are you smiling?” Lu Gao called Luhan as he feels weird with his brother’s behavior of smiling suddenly. “And why do your cheeks flushed?” He bets that Luhan must be thinking of something and urges Luhan to tell him but he said nothing.

 

“Luhan, I have a request.” Luhan waited for Lu Gao to continue. “About your wedding, can I, can I come to your wedding?” Lu Gao said in low voice feeling unconvinced with this. “I really want to come but” ‘I’m afraid to meet Seohyun.’ He thought. He knows what he did to her and if he comes, it would be so awkward especially that she was his past almost victim. Another reason is that he is in prison, is it okay for him to leave the prison for awhile to attend Luhan’s wedding? He knows what other people think when he gets out from the prison that means it is his chance to escape but he swears that is not even his intention a little bit.

“I would love for you to come but I need to ask permission first. You wouldn’t be coming alone. An officer will come with you.” Protocol is still protocol. No police would let the prisoner to go out that easily, let it be going out alone. But if Lu Gao really wants to comes, he doesn’t mind it. He is more than welcome to come.

“Luhan, that’s not the problem. The problem is your future wife.” Lu Gao stated the obvious.

Finally, Luhan understands what he meant. Seohyun. She has a bad memory with Lu Gao. How could he forget that? Now, he is in dilemma. He wants Lu Gao to come since he wants to but what Seohyun’s reaction will be when he was there? He never told her anything about her brother ever since that incident.

 


 

Oppa?”

Luhan brought back to his sense when Seohyun called him. He was thinking about Lu Gao’s wish earlier. He doesn’t mind if his brother wanted to come but the only problem is will Seohyun allow him? He doesn’t say anything regarding that to her yet.

But for Seohyun, she noticed that after he went back home, he was quiet and expressionless which worries her the most. She did ask him if there is anything wrong and he said it’s nothing but she knows that he is hiding something. She wants him to tell her about his problem because who knows, maybe she can help him to solve his problem but it’s probably about work and she doesn’t know what police does except catching criminal or something.

“Are you okay?” Seohyun can only sigh when Luhan nodded his head and continues to eat. This is not the first time she called him. It’s like after he took one bite of his food, he is in reverie again. She takes his hand and squeezes it lightly. Oppa, what are you hiding from me?” Once again, he didn’t answer. He even removes his hand from her hold and that makes her upset. Oppa, did you perhaps not love me anymore? Do you love someone else?” She asked while trying to sound normal because it’s obvious that she is hurting herself from asking that kind of question.

With that, Luhan immediately grabs her hand that she held him before and leans close to her. Seohyun is taken aback with his action and slowly moves her body backward because she is afraid of what is he going to do to her. Looking at her fear face, he sighs before he backs to his position without saying anything and continues to eat.

Meanwhile, Seohyun is getting more frustrated and with an irritated frown, she picks up her food and shoves it into quickly before adding more and more food without waiting the food inside to swallow. Because of that, she chokes while trying to swallow the food and searches for water in the kitchen but it’s too late. She throws up all her food into the sink and Luhan comes to her in worried state. He doesn’t do anything except stand beside her while patting her back.

After Seohyun washed and cleaned everything, she immediately hugs Luhan while weeping. Vomit is terrible. Luhan is stiffen in his place while hesitating whether to hug her back or not. He is not sure of what to do and he just puts his hands on her back awkwardly. He feels bad for her and he hates to hear her crying.

“Joohyun, are you pregnant?” Luhan tried to make a joke on her but it came out sounds serious. She is mad with it as she glares at him and pushes him before going inside her room with a loud slam. Guess his joke is too harsh.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Luhan was on his laptop while doing some work when he heard the door from Seohyun’s room is opened. Seohyun heads straight to the kitchen and opens a cabinet before she takes a bag of biscuits. Probably she is hungry. Luhan’s eyes is only on her and she saw him but only to roll her eyes totally ignoring him before she enters her room again. She is still mad.

But Luhan thought that this is the time he asks her about his brother comes to their wedding. He knocks the door of her room before he enters it. Seohyun is watching something on her laptop while munching some biscuits. She takes a brief look to him but her face shows that she is uninterested with his presence here.

 

“You’re not sleeping yet?” Luhan asked the obvious question. Well, of course she hasn’t.

With that, Seohyun pulls her laptop lid to close it and puts it on the table before she pulls the blanket completely covering herself. Luhan sighs before he walks to her bed and sit on it while looking at her -covered in a blanket.

He reaches his hand to which he assumed could be her shoulder and touches it but all of sudden Seohyun screams before sits up while covering her chest with her arms.

Oppa, what are you doing?” She asked coarsely.

Luhan blinks because he didn’t do anything except touching her should- wait! She covered her chest. Does that mean that he accidently touched her -? But it’s quite big and soft too. Oh my goodness Luhan, stop thinking about it before she is officially yours! He shuts his eyes tightly before slapping himself to clear his naughty thought.

Seohyun is totally confused with his action but she is so embarrassed when he touched her part. She immediately pulls the blanket to cover her chest as if she is . She clears before asks him what does he want.

“I want to talk about something.” He began. “About our wedding.”

She waits for him to continue. At the same time, her heartbeat increases rapidly like there is going to be bad news coming up. She hopes that he doesn’t cancel the wedding. She will be heartbroken if he does that.

“You know my brother right.” He carefully said the word ‘my brother’ to her and he continues after he received a nod from her although he feels so nervous right now. As for Seohyun, she is surprised when he mentioned about his brother. This is the first. She did ask him before but he avoided it and since then, she doesn’t ask anything. “My brother-, I visit my brother at prison after that trial and yeah, we’re good.” He tried to sound normal but he is nervous because it’s Seohyun.

“What do you mean, oppa?” Actually, she didn’t understand what Luhan was trying to say. She understands that he visited his brother but what about the latter?

“I mean, our relationship is good now. We’re like brothers. A real brother that I always wanted. We talk, we laugh, we throw some jokes, and we’re close now.” Seohyun couldn’t believe of what she heard now. Luhan had told her about his brother who always bullied him and she feels glad that they’re okay now. But she never thought that Luhan would visit him in the prison.She thought that he probably is happy that his brother is in prison. “He said that he wants to come to our wedding. He can but with permission from the authority. But I want to ask your permission about this.”

Seohyun tilts her head in confusion. “Permission?”

Luhan tells her that Lu Gao wants to come but he feels awkward because of her. Seohyun finally realized that his brother was the one who tried to ruin her life before. She is forgotten about that because her memory now is filled with her happy memory with Luhan and she clears all her bad memory from the past because there is no point to remember it. It only gives her a pain.

“If he wants to come, he can, oppa. I’ve already forget about that incident because I know that oppa will protect me. But I think it’s better for my parents to decide it. To be honest, I can't forgive him for what he did to me but if it's you, I will do anything for you.” She gave an idea. After listening to his story, she is positive that his brother had changed himself to become a better person. But her parents might remember that memory. Luhan told her that her father asked him whether his brother was the one who tried to take advantage on her. She hopes that her parents allowed it because Luhan must be very happy that his brother manages to come to his wedding. Anything that can make him happy is what she happy the most. But at the same time, she is still scared of that jerk.

 

“By the way oppa, why did you look so sad today?”

Luhan shakes his head while smiling. “Nothing. I was just hesitated to ask you about that.”

That’s it? That’s why he felt sad that he didn’t want to talk to her? Seohyun grits her teeth while making a mad look and pinches Luhan’s cheeks hardly causing him to wince in pain. Luhan asks why she did that. She lets out a cute grumble that he shouldn’t act cold to her. She was worried that he had someone else behind her back and doesn’t love her anymore. Luhan apologizes for making her worried and tells her that he loves her forever.

“But you need a punishment, oppa!” A punishment? Well, what is it? Seohyun clings to Luhan’s arm while saying in cute voice. “Sleep with me today, oppa. I miss sleeping with you.”

Luhan frowns at her so-called punishment to him. “Sleep with you? No, we’re not married yet!” He rejected her offer. Since when she becomes this bold?

Seohyun pouts sadly when he doesn’t want to sleep with her. “It’s just a practice, oppa. We practice to sleep together before we married.” She said softly while giving a nonsense reason.

Luhan shakes his head but lifts his legs and leans his back to the headboard. Seohyun cheers in happiness with his action. She feels so happy to be with Luhan and can’t wait their important day which will happen in another three months.

He leans forward specifically to her stomach while rubbing it. “Baby, your mommy is too spoiled. I hope that you don’t make her asking me something tstupid.” He whispered to Seohyun’s stomach making her confused.

“What are you doing, oppa?” Why does he talking to her stomach?

“I remind our baby to behave and don’t let you to have a weird craving.” He explained to her.

“But I’m not pregnant, oppa.”

“It’s a practice, okay. I need to practice before you get pregnant.”

Seohyun blushes with his remark. She tries to imagine how their kids will look like. Will they follow Seohyun or Luhan? She wants to have a baby that looks like Luhan because he doesn’t like being called ‘cute’ so she will say that word to her son or daughter.

 

“Seriously, if your parents saw this, they’re going to ask us to get married like now.” Luhan thought because it’s true. Seohyun’s parents are the conservative type so it’s not surprise if they’re going to ask them that if they saw them like this.

“You’re right! I don’t mind getting married earlier though.” Luhan turns to her when she said that. If she doesn’t mind getting married earlier, why does she told her parents that she wants to get married after she finished her study? She told him that she decided to get married after she finished her study and her parents are okay with it. “I told them that I want to get married after study because I know that’s what they want. Even though they said that I should make a decision or the earlier the better, if I said that I want to get married before I finished my studies, they will against it. They said that I should finish my study first and all that. Even if I’m the one who makes decision, it’s always them who ended up make a final decision.”

Luhan understands that. In the end, it’s Seohyun’s parents decision not Seohyun herself even though they said to get married fast. “It’s okay. Whether it’s early or late, we’re still going to get married.” He said while getting close to Seohyun and she snuggles to Luhan happily before both of them go to the dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 


I hope you will enjoy this chapter although it's bad. Don't forget to comment. =)