The truth hurts

That Tomboy Girl

 

“I’m sorry, Baechu. Luhan unnie is in bad condition now. I can’t leave her alone.”

Irene called Seohyun if she had arrived at the cafeteria but Seohyun explained that she can’t leave the room now because she needs to take care of Luhan. He is badly injured after he was beaten by the head warden who is also his bully brother. Whenever he looks at himself in front of the mirror, he reminded of how he was looked like when he was young. Nothing changed. That’s how he looked when he was young and he really didn’t want to remember that.

“Huh? What happened to her?” Irene asked on the other line.

“I tell you later but for now I need you to buy something for us.”

“What am I to you? Seoju-ya, don’t forget to pay back, okay?”

“Of course I will. Buy anything but buy it two, okay? It’s for Luhan unnie.” Seohyun reminded Irene for that.

“Huh? You reconciled with her?”

“I tell you later!”

“What is this? Can’t you just tell me what happened?” Irene said in annoyed tone.

“I will tell you once you bring our food here.”

“Ah, you’re right! I will go there. Okay!”

Seohyun laughs at her friend’s silly antics. She turns to Luhan who was lying on her bed with his eyes closed.  She sits in front of him and observed his face. It is so cute but there is some kind of strong aura from him and he has an attraction to her that each time, she wanted to be with him all the time. She doesn’t want to hurt him anymore.

 

She brings her hand to his face and caresses his cheek gently. Because of her action, Luhan opens his eyes and he sees Seohyun who was taken aback a little when he opened his eyes. Meanwhile, Seohyun freezes in her place with her hand is still on his cheek. When he opened his eyes, she supposed to withdraw her hand but instead she did nothing like the time has stopped completely.

Even with his face like that, he still looks attractive and she couldn’t stop staring at it. Unconsciously, her hand trails to his lips and brushes it, mainly to the scar that was on the side of the lips. His lips are so soft and she quickly thinks of the kiss yesterday.

Maybe that’s why she responded to his kiss. She never thought that someone lips could affect her that much. She has the urge to kiss him again but she shouldn’t do that. They can’t be together either. Is Seohyun really fall in love with a tomboy? She declared that she didn’t have any feeling towards anyone whether it’s a girl or boy. But why Luhan? A tomboy? Is it because that she resists both of the gender that she ends up interested with a person who is a girl but with boyish personality? But from the day they met, Seohyun only sees him as a man. A manly man and she didn’t know why.

Luhan holds her hand and removes it from his lips. He couldn’t handle himself anymore. He really wants to kiss her and as much as he wanted to, he knows that he can’t especially with what happened yesterday. He couldn’t bear in losing her anymore. He just can’t. He feels so lost without her and as much as selfish as he sounds, he wants to be with her all the time. If possible, can she be with him for the rest of his life? It sounds stupid but he is pretty serious with it. It’s like his job for protecting Seohyun is the job that he doesn’t want to stop. He wants to protect her until he dies.

Like a magnet, their face once again inches closer and closer. They don’t realize that happen because they are too busy staring at each other’s face. Nothing is heard except their anxious breath as their lips slowly approach for another kiss. Their lips barely touch with each other but they could feel a tickle on their lips.

 

“Seoju, I bring your food! Open up!” Irene shouted from outside while knocking the door.

Seohyun and Luhan quickly pull their faces away from each other after they heard a knocking and Irene called them from the outside. They avoid each other’s eyes but Seohyun takes a glance at Luhan with his eyes closed, probably pretending to sleep.

She clears and goes towards the door to take their foods and when she opens the door, Irene just barges in without saying anything to Seohyun. She raises her eyebrow when she sees Luhan on Seohyun’s bed and goes to him to take a closer look. She turns to Seohyun with wide eyes and mouths to her for an explanation.

Seohyun mouths back ‘later’ making Irene frowns because she promised that she will tell everything to her once she arrives at her room. Seohyun takes a small table before taking out the foods from the plastic.

 

“So, both of you are reconciled?” Irene asked Seohyun for a second time.

Hearing Irene’s voice, Luhan opens his eyes and sees her standing in front of him but facing to Seohyun while she is taking out the food and nods to Irene’s question. Irene turns back to Luhan and this time she is surprised when she sees him with his eyes opened and quickly apologizes for disturbing him. He says that it’s okay because he wasn’t sleeping before he glances at Seohyun who was also glancing at him and she quickly diverts it to the food.

“Luhan, what happened to you? You look like you got into a fight.” Irene questioned his looks.

“Baechu, can you help me with this? I need to help Luhan unnie to get off from the bed.” Seohyun is trying to distract Irene from asking that question. She could see that Luhan was startled when Irene said that he got into a fight.

Irene didn’t say anything and helps her while she is going to help Luhan. Slowly, she pulls his legs off from the bed so that he could lift his body easily but she is afraid that he is going to get hurt from this. He shuts his eyes tightly and clenches his teeth before she slowly pulls him to sit. Even with a slow motion, the pain is just too much to handle.

Seohyun brings a plate of fried rice and sits next to Luhan on her bed. She scoops a spoonful of fried rice and feeds Luhan. He was taken aback with her action but his mouth naturally opened and eats the fried rice.

“Is it tasty?” She asked with a smile and unconsciously wipes his mouth with her thumb before she scoops fried rice and feeds him again.

Luhan takes the spoon from her and scoops the fried rice and put it in front of . Seohyun blinks when he did that. “You need to eat too.” He said. She smiles and opens to eat it. Then, she takes the spoon and feeds him again. Both of them take turn to eat and feed each other.

Irene looks at both of them in dumbfounded. They casually feed each other and from her point of view, they look like a couple, like really a real couple. She clears to grab their attention and they turn to her but their reactions are normal like nothing is happening.

“What is it, Baechu?” Seohyun wondered why her best friend looks at her and Luhan like she is in some sort of kind puzzled.

“Sometimes I always wonder if you two are just more than friends.” She spoke.

“What do you mean?” Seohyun clearly didn’t understand at all what Irene is trying to say.

Irene is thinking on how to answer her but she just shrugs it off because she knows that Seohyun will have a hard time to understand it. However, she suspects that these two probably develop some feelings towards each other because their actions are just quite different than what usually friends do.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

After they finished their brunch, Seohyun helps Luhan to lie down on the bed. With using a handkerchief, she pours the big chunks of ice that she asked Irene to buy it to the handkerchief and wraps it to make a bundle. Then, she goes to Luhan and applies it on the bruises to reduce it.

“Don’t you want to go to the clinic? At least, they can treat you.” Irene suggested.

Luhan immediately shakes his head in disagree. It’s not that he doesn’t want to go or rather he can’t go there because the doctor might check everything on him and they will find out about him. Seohyun and Irene ask why he doesn’t want to go and he makes a very lame excuse says that he is scared of doctor. It is lame but he doesn’t have any choice because that’s what crosses in his mind.

Irene suggests again about bringing the doctor to the dorm in which Luhan replies, “Don’t bring any doctor here! I’m scared. If you do that, I will kill you and the doctor.” He whined while making a high-pitched.

His whining voice makes Seohyun giggles because he looks so cute while doing that. It is like he is doing an aegyo without him knowing. She puts her hands between his cheeks with a huge grin plastered on her face. “Don’t worry. We won’t bring them here. Gosh, you are so cute!” She kissed his forehead making his eyes are wide opened. Even Irene is surprised too.

“I’m-I’m not cute!” He disapproved with her statement. “I’m man-, I mean, cool! I’m cool!” Thank goodness he doesn’t blurt out the words that he always says to his friends whenever they .

She still giggles with his words. Seriously, there is no doubt that he is the cutest person that she had ever seen. There are the times that she just wants to pinch every parts of him because he is too cute to handle.

 


 

It has been three days since Luhan slept on Seohyun's bed and she always sleep on the floor with her head on the bed so that she will wake up with the sight of Luhan in the first thing in the morning. With those three days has passed just like that, this is the first time she felt so calm and peace because it feels like there is someone who always with her.

Luhan wakes up from his sleep and frowns when he saw Seohyun still sleeping even though her class is about to start. He wakes her up and tells her that she should go to her class now. Seohyun yawns and in half-awaked state that she might not hear what he said.

“Did you sleep well?” She asked while trying to open her eyes.

“Aren’t you supposed to go to class now?”

She puts her head on the bed again while mumbling that she doesn’t want to go. He asks why and she answered, “I want to be with you.”

LH smiles and he feels thoughtful when she did that but this is definitely not Seohyun that he always knows. “You should go. You never missed any class before. I don’t want you to skip class because of me.”

But she didn’t budge. She wants to stick with him until he finally gets well no matter how long it takes. That means, she will not go to her class until he is able to stand on his own without any support. Although she never missed classes before, she believes that she won’t regret taking this decision because it is for Luhan.

 

Suddenly, the door was knocked by someone. Seohyun frowns and she thought that Irene is coming so she decides to ignore it. Luhan thinks that he needs to open the door so he slowly sits up. Seohyun doesn’t realize about that and looks up after she heard his yelp.

Unnie, what are you doing?” She looked so worried because she couldn’t stand seeing him in pain. He points to the door and she heaves a sigh because whoever that was, they just disturb both of them.

Seohyun opens the door and gulps when the head of the Board of Discipline is in front of her. Is she going to punish her for cutting class today? But that’s not the only thing that surprised her. What makes her surprise is that the head warden is there with his sunglasses and white mask that totally creep her up.

“Yes, ma’am? Is there anything that you need to meet me?” She tried to sound calm as possible despite that she is shaking.

“I received a report claiming that you brought a guy inside your dorm.” She began while fixing her eyes to Seohyun.

Seohyun is confused for the moment she said that she brought a guy. There is no way she will do that knowing her hatred in guys. Perhaps the head discipline mistaken Luhan as a guy. “I didn’t bring any guy but if you’re talking about Luhan unnie, then I’m sorry but you’re mistakenly her as a guy. She is a tomboy.” From that, she could hear the creepy head warden snickered which earned a glare from her.

Noticing her glare, the head warden clears his throat. “Are you sure about that? What if your ‘Luhan unnie’ is lying to you?” He chuckles but then stops when he saw Luhan coming from behind. “There you are! We are looking for you.”

 

‘I will make sure that I will ruin everything that you love. That includes Seohyun too.’

 

‘Everything that I love means Seohyun. He will ruin everything means he will make me suffer. There is nothing that I love more than I love Seohyun. He will make me suffer by ruining Seohyun’s life. Before he ruins Seohyun’s life, he needs to get rid of me first.’ That was Lu Gao’s plan. He knows it all along that he is going to get exposed with his undercover but he never thought that it would be this fast. Lu Gao seriously loves to humiliate him.

“You don’t understand! Luhan unnie is a tomboy. She is not a real guy.” Seohyun denied to them.

“Stop defending him! I have a proof that Luhan is a guy.” Lu Gao stepped inside the room which makes Seohyun pushes Luhan to the back and acts like a defense. “Step aside! And you! Take off your shirt if you are really a woman.” He commanded to Luhan.

“What are you doing? You can’t ask her to do that in front of you!” Seohyun raised her voice as she is really angry with him.

“Shut up!” Lu Gao slapped Seohyun and she falls to the ground. He tries to lift Luhan’s shirt but Luhan defends himself while grabbing his wrists. However, since he is stronger and Luhan is in weakest stage, he twists his wrists and grabs Luhan’s wrists before he twists it again making Luhan screams in pain and eventually let go of Lu Gao’s wrists. Without waiting any longer, he pulls the hem of Luhan’s shirt and pulls it forcefully.

 

Seohyun gasps and covers after witnessing something that she really couldn’t believe. Luhan is a guy. A real guy. It is really proven when the head warden took off shirt and he doesn’t have . Another thing that shocked her the most is that his body is badly injured. There are bruises everywhere and it is painful to look at it. But that’s not what she cared about.

“You’re- a guy?” She asked in disbelief. Everything happened too fast. Why does she wish that he would say no when the proof is in front of her? When he is actually a guy? Much to her disappointment, he nods his head slowly as he is really regretted about it. “W-Why?” Her voice cracked. She couldn’t contain her sadness any longer. He lied to her. For three months, she thought that Luhan is actually a tomboy.

Luhan couldn’t help but feels upset about this. Looking at her face, he feels like he deserves a slap from her and felt bad when he did nothing when she was slapped by Lu Gao. It was supposed to be him. He deserves that slap and he doesn’t want his brother to touch her either.

“Just because.” He was told not to reveal about his undercover no matter what even if he gets caught because no one knows about this undercover except the president since the president suspects that the whole thing happened is actually involving the staffs. At least with his caught, the police department will have another plan to capture him.

“So tell me Luhan, what makes you come here?” Lu Gao asked him but he didn’t say anything which earned a smirk from Lu Gao. “I guess you want to take advantage on her, aren’t you? I mean, she is beautiful and you must feel very happy when you can see her without any clothes. Besides, she looks satisfying, am I right?”

Luhan didn’t react but he looks at Lu Gao in furious. Now he decides to create a lie to him. He is the one who wants to take advantage on Seohyun. Luhan knows that. Lu Gao will create a lie to humiliate him so that Seohyun will hate and feel disgust on him.

 

“That’s enough! Let’s bring him to the office.” The head of the Board of Discipline ordered.

Lu Gao throws Luhan’s shirt that was on his hand to Luhan’s face and tells him to wear it before he takes him to the office.

Luhan looks at Seohyun but she avoids his eye contact. Her eyes become teary and while she is blinking, a drop falls from her eyes. She covers and shuts her eyes tightly. Seeing her like this makes him feel bad. He didn’t mean to lie to her. All he wants to do is to protect her and catch the monster in front of him. He doesn’t understand why his brother has to cover his face like this. It looks like he doesn’t want anyone knows how he looks like so that he could get away with what he had done.

“Come!” Lu Gao said harshly.

Luhan takes another glance at Seohyun but she didn’t turn to him at all. He wants to say something to her but those words couldn’t come out. It’s his fault for making her cry. He will never forgive himself. Or maybe he will if she at least turns and looks at him for the last time but she didn’t. Without he realized, a tear comes out from his eyes and flows to his cheeks.

‘Please look at me. For the last time.’

 

After Luhan and the head warden leave the room, Seohyun sits down on the floor and begins to sob harder. Why? Why did he lie to her? What is he doing here? How did he come here? Why is it so sad to see him getting caught? Why is she crying instead of getting angry at him? He lied to her but she doesn’t want to believe it. She refuses to believe even though she saw the proof itself with her two eyes. She feels so hurt right now.

 


 

Luhan is in the university’s president room with Lu Gao standing behind him. He had removed his sunglasses and white mask from his face. No one is in the room except both of them. They are waiting for the president and the board of discipline had called the police. Silence occurred in this room without both of them open their mouth.  Or at least Lu Gao will mock him and announce his victory for dragging him down.

“Your life is over, Luhan! You are going to end up in jail for intruding without permission.” Lu Gao threatened him.

Hearing his threat, Luhan smirks because Lu Gao doesn’t know who he is. “No, not me. It’s you!” He said casually. For some reason, he is gaining a confidence to fight back to him which is something that he never thought that it will come.

“What are you saying? I can’t hear. Say that again! It’s me?” He laughs like crazy when Luhan said that he is the one who is going to the jail. “Are you in denial, Luhan? It’s obvious that you are the one because I have a proof. If I’m the one who is going to jail, what had I done and where’s the proof?”

Luhan stands up and faces Lu Gao without leaving his smirk. “You don’t know me, do you? You don’t know what am I doing for my life, do you? I thought I made it clear that I’m going to catch you. You told me everything what had you done and I told the president about that. Guess what? He believes me. Why? Because he knows who am I from the first day I came. Proof? I have a lot of proofs and witnesses too. I’m dead serious about this. I’m not lying.” He finally made it. Lu Gao starts to lose himself when he said that and his face looks uncomfortable. This is the first time he sees him scared like this.

Lu Gao grabs Luhan’s collar in fury and Luhan didn’t flinch at all when he did that. “You’re trying to threaten me, aren’t you?”

Luhan scoffs and smirks. “I’m not. I’m just stating a fact and for your information,” He leans closer to Lu Gao’s ear. “I’m a police.” He whispered before he looks at him once again. “With all those evidences that I had, I’m going to reveal it and you’re going to end up in the jail.”

Lu Gao breathes hardly while gripping Luhan’s collar tightly in rage. He is about to explode himself. “You son of a-” He throws a punch on Luhan’s face. He pushes him to the floor and chokes him hardly making Luhan unable to breathe. “You’re not going to get away with this!” He growled.

Luhan is trying to gasp some air while his hands try to remove Lu Gao’s hands but it is really hard. Lu Gao is too strong to defeat and it is much worse when he is angry. His eyes caught a small vase on the small table nearby and he tries to take it.

Lu Gao realizes that Luhan was trying to take the vase and he takes while showing it to Luhan. “You want this? Why? You’re going to hit me with this?” Luhan’s hand is fast enough to grab the vase but Lu Gao pulls the vase harshly and hit it on Luhan’s head. The vase breaks into small pieces while Luhan is unconscious with his forehead is bleeding.

Lu Gao stands up and he is in the state of shock of what he had done. He can’t let anyone to see this. He quickly takes the glass pieces and throws them into the dustbin. He takes tissues and wipes off the blood on his forehead to make sure that no one knows that he was attacked.

 

The door is opened revealing the president, the board of discipline, and the police. They are surprise to see both of them like this. Meanwhile, Lu Gao starts to become anxious.

“What happened?” The president asked.

“H-He’s unconscious all of sudden. I-I-I don’t know what happened to him.” Lu Gao stuttered. He immediately crumples the tissue to prevent them saw the blood on it.

The president takes a look on Luhan and turns to the police. “Call the ambulance!”

 


 

With the ambulance arrival, there are a lot of students gathered at the front of the office's building. Mostly, the news about Luhan is a guy has spread like wild fire and the students couldn’t stop gossiping about it. They heard that Luhan will be taken to the police but now they are confused why there is an ambulance here.

Irene is also there but she had no idea what’s going on now. She goes to the drivers to ask them. Well, they can be considered as an insider of what is happening in the office and they are usually talking about that too.

“What is going on here?” Irene asked the drivers. They looked so disappointed or something.

“Don’t you know? Luhan is actually a guy.” Sehun said in confused because there is no way that she didn’t know when it’s become a hot topic among the students.

“Luhan is what? Oh no! Seoju!” Where is she? Does she know about this? She didn’t go to class today.

 

Soon after that, people who wore white uniform come out while dragging a stretcher. They lift the stretcher when they need to go down. Everyone is surprised to see Luhan lying there motionless with his eyes closed. Even the drivers are surprised too.

“We need someone to accompany him to the hospital.” One of the attendants asked the staff for a volunteer.

“I’ll go!” Lu Gao with his face covered volunteered.

“No! I’ll go. I have nothing to do right now. He is busy.” Sehun stepped in and said that Lu Gao is busy with work. The other drivers disagree with his decision and he makes some kind of faces that Irene doesn’t understand but the drivers nod at him. The head warden volunteered to go and he probably knows that Luhan is going to catch him. It’s better to let Sehun go instead. Who knows what will happen if the head warden is going with Luhan.

 

After the ambulance leaves, all the students leave from the place as well. Irene suddenly remembers about Seohyun and she immediately forces any drivers to send her to the Block 9 which is Seohyun’s block.

 

 

 

 

 


This is my last chapter before I'm going for my internship. If I'm not busy, I will update this but you have to wait for it. Please don't forget this story. *pouts* Anyway, enjoy this story and don't forget to leave a comment. <3

p/s: I feel like the revelation thing is too rush.