My Wolf Is Yours

The Prince of the Underworld

A/N: This TaecKhun chapter was long overdue. So, it is also very long and has a lot in it lol. Never doubt the power of Witch House music when writing about witches ;) Hope you enjoy!

Warning: A little bit of mature content at the end but nothing major.

*

           It felt strange to be back. Nichkhun lay quietly in bed in his old room, contemplating how he was going to move forward. Many times over the few days since awakening he thought about the dreams and what brought them about. There were so many signs that Helios was going to betray his parents. He hadn’t been able to spend much time with his brother yet as he was in frequent discussions with Queen Hwang and other leaders attempting to make reparations. The topic of discussion primarily revolved around what happened with Helios, what to do with him, and in what ways Baxkos could make amends for being Helios’ pawn.

            Hearing his door open, he looked back and found a weary Taecyeon.

            Nichkhun was worried for him. Taecyeon had been avoiding his father and his pack. Before the dream ritual, Taecyeon had been having frequent disagreements with his father about guarding Nichkhun and his allegiance with Baxkos, and the feelings towards his father persisted to now.

 

            “You no longer need to associate yourself to Baxkos! Come home, my son. Baxkos is filled with poison and people who would rather kill our packs and magical folk than help us.

 

            No matter how Nichkhun tried to bring it up, Taecyeon either became angry or dismissed it completely. “You can’t avoid this forever.” He told him and that sent him off sulking. Now he was back and looking even more miserable.

            “I can’t face him.” Taecyeon said as he sat on the other side of the bed. “I basically did self-exile when I left.”

            “We both know your father would welcome you back...”

            “You’re not a bad person.”

            “No, but we both know what my parents did to the packs, and what Helios did. Baxkos is implicated in all of that, Taecyeon.”

            “You’re not them!” Taecyeon snapped.

            Nichkhun sighed softly and managed to get himself into a seated position. “Please stop avoiding me then...”

            Taecyeon faced him abruptly and made to speak but Nichkhun shook his head. Opening his arms, he soon had Taecyeon in them and holding him close.

            “Don’t you know how close I want you..?”

            “Sorry...” Taecyeon whispered as he hugged Nichkhun back. “I didn’t want to disturb you resting.”

            Nichkhun couldn’t resist rolling his eyes at that, and tilted Taecyeon’s head up. “Silly...how can I rest without you?” He held up his hand and waited until Taecyeon nestled his face into his palm and kissed it. “Where’d my confident and sure Ok Taecyeon go?”

            “Still lost in the haze of a dream I guess...”

            Smiling, Nichkhun shook his head. “I’m so terrified none of this is real.”

            This caused Taecyeon to sit up and cup Nichkhun’s face. “It is...” He said softly. “You got us out of the second dream. Can you imagine if we had gotten stuck there..?”

            So many things ran through Nichkhun’s mind and many of them got his cheeks flushing pink. Taecyeon seemed to notice because he became equally bashful. “Do you promise...to always stay by my side, Taecyeon?”

            “Have I not so far?”

            Nichkhun smiled and he tugged Taecyeon even closer to him. “I don’t want you to just be by my side as a guard...” He whispered softly. “I want you to be more than that.” He said as he ran his hands up Taecyeon’s neck and into his hair. “I want so much more...”

            Slowly but surely Taecyeon came in close and their lips pressed together, which ignited a heat within Nichkhun’s chest he hadn’t experienced before. Steadily, their kisses became more passionate, they became closer still and Nichkhun tightened his arms about Taecyeon’s middle. When they parted to breathe, he looked over his Wolf slowly, taking in the sight of his flushed face and bright amber eyes. “I want you, too.”

            Not being able to resist groaning, Nichkhun trembled when Taecyeon gripped his chin. This time the kiss was even deeper, if possible. Taecyeon’s firm grip on Nichkhun’s shoulder which slowly moved up his neck had him clutched the back of Taecyeon’s shirt.

            “Nichkhun,” Taecyeon said with a deep voice against his lips.

            “Mm...” He met his gaze.

            “Will you be mine?”

            Whatever it was about Taecyeon’s gaze that was even more intense than before, Nichkhun craved it to stay, because it made his stomach flutter and twist in knots. He nodded, “I want to be yours.”

            “I’m packless though...”

            Nichkhun shrugged, “eventually your father might understand, but if it is important to you then we’ll work on making our own.”

            Taecyeon’s eyes brightened to a beautiful golden colour, and he collapsed into Nichkhun heavily. “I seriously love you.”

            Nichkhun felt his cheeks, his ears and his neck burn with his blush. Before he could speak, a soft knock came to the door and they looked quietly upon one another.

            “I’ll be right back.”

            Nodding, Nichkhun slowly let him go and watched him head to the door. A chill descended over him, and his door opened revealing a familiar face. “Impossible...” He murmured.

            “Toren-

            The man Nichkhun thought had only been dream smiled wickedly and slammed into Taecyeon’s body, sending him back. “Thought you were done with me, huh?” His body was twisted and distorted; his pupils were completely dilated making his eyes black.

            “Where is he, Toren?” A new voice asked. A strange woman appeared behind him, hair and skin white as snow, eyes a chilling, callous grey.

            “The one on the bed.”

            Her hand rose, “gelida cor.”

            It began deep in Nichkhun’s body, like it had been buried inside him and it rushed to the surface: The cold. Icy lines stretched all over, and he held his hands to his body.

            “Nichkhun! What have you done?!”

            “Hush, you pathetic dog; how dare you speak to me in such manner.” She hissed and slapped him.

            Nichkhun gasped for air, but each intake of breath was beyond painful. The sensation felt like a burn but cold. Even in the dream it had never felt like this, whatever she did it was much worse. Looking up as the woman sat next to him, he attempted to move away from her but she rested her palm against his cheek.

            “It burns, doesn’t it? Right down to your bones,” She said and ran her hands through his hair. “Only one person can free you from this pain. Don’t you hear him?”

            Beginning to shake, Nichkhun heard gentle whispers.

            “He’s calling for you. I think you should go to him.”

            Shaking his head, Nichkhun wheezed for breath.

            “Look at me.”

            He tried with all his might not to, he knew he shouldn’t. She was a witch.

            “Let me quell the cold, Nichkhun. Come to me.

            “No!” He screamed and covered his ears. “Please leave me alone.”

            “But you’re so cold, Nichkhun. Let me heal you. Then you can be with Taecyeon for forever.

            Hearing Taecyeon yell in pain Nichkhun opened his eyes but all he met were those callous grey eyes. It was too late. It would be okay. Someone would help. He just felt so cold. “Please...cold...”

            “Yes, I can’t even imagine.” She said. “Shall I send you to the one who can help you, your highness?”

            Slowly, he began to nod. “Will they really take it away?”

            “Oh yes, he’ll take all of the pain away.”

            “Will you keep Taecyeon safe?”

            She smiled, “of course.”

            “Nichkhun – don’t listen to her-

            Before Nichkhun could say anything more, he found himself outside of Inferna palace. Walking slowly, each step felt like a thousand needles.  Eventually he came to a large door with no guards. He could hear the whispers even stronger within; whoever he needed to see was on the other side. He walked forward and pressed his hand against the stone. Slowly but surely, ice began to form and spread all along the surface.

            “That’s it, you’re almost within.”

            “Prince Horvejkul, may I ask why you have come?”

            Feeling the haze lift from his mind some, Nichkhun turned slowly and looked upon three people. One he recognised as Chansung, the two women were a little foggy to him.

            “I felt a beckoning.” He said, motioning to the wall. The whispers grew stronger.

            “From within the chamber?” The woman with red hair asked.

            “Yes.” He answered.

            “Where is Taecyeon?”

            Nichkhun jerked slightly and his head twitched. He looked beyond them and felt pain deep inside. Taecyeon was supposed to be safe. “I...don’t know.” He answered and fear built up within him. “A woman came. She spoke strange words.” He tried to remember, but the cold struck him. “Someone else was there, too.”

            “You look cold, my dear.” The lady with familiar eyes said gently. “Why don’t we go and have some tea?”

            Nichkhun remembered the promise and he turned back to the wall. “But he beckons me. He said he would be able to make the cold stop.” He said and held up his hands. They were hurting so much.

            “You mustn’t trust them, Nichkhun. They won’t be able to make it stop.”

            Beginning to breathe heavily, the burning sensation returned, and Nichkhun wanted nothing more than to give in.

            “Your highness, come away now, he cannot help you. He was the one who cursed you, remember?”

            Gripping his temples, Nichkhun began to tremble. It was becoming unbearable to stand. “No...he wasn’t.” They didn’t know.

            “My dear Madam, would you do me a favour?” The woman with red hair asked.

            “Yes love.”

            “Retrieve the cub, if he does not come soon...”

            Nichkhun collapsed against the wall and slowly slid down to the floor. He would never escape. He would never be free, no matter what he did.

            “My dear Nichkhun, I am so sorry.”

            He looked up into tender eyes.

            “Do you remember me?”

            He reached up and she took his hand without hesitation. Memories came to him slowly but surely. “M-Marigold.”

            “That’s right. Is it okay for me to help you?”

            Gripping her hand tightly, Nichkhun swallowed hard and his vision became blurry. “What’s the point?”

            “Precious one, you have most reason to never let him win.” She soothed and brushed back his hair. “None of this is your fault, I hope you know that.”

            Nichkhun couldn’t help but laugh. He so wanted to believe her but he couldn’t. “I don’t know what to think...anymore.”

            “Taecyeon is on the way. Is there anything else I can do?”

            “Wooyoung...” He said quietly.

            The air shifted around them and tender hands smoothed into his hair and along his face. “Oh, my prince, how have you come to be this way?”

            Nichkhun felt his tears finally release and he looked up into the concerned eyes of Wooyoung. “If I don’t make it-

            “Don’t talk like that.” Wooyoung said quickly.

            “Wooyoung, please...” He pleaded. “Look after Taecyeon, if something does happen to me.”

            “After everything you say these things to me.” Wooyoung scoffed. “You’ll look after that silly man yourself.” He said with that confidence Nichkhun always admired. “Marigold and Junho are warming you, can you feel it?”          

            Nichkhun didn’t feel anything but the cold. He shook his head. “I’m tired.”

            Wooyoung nodded, “just hold on, okay? We’ve been here too many times for you to give up now.”

            Nichkhun swallowed hard. “I wish I was as strong as you.” He whispered. “I’ve tried...I have tried so hard.”

            “I know.” Wooyoung assured. “I know you have more than anyone else. I’ve seen it again and again. He will not take you. You’re going to overcome this too, do you hear me?”

            Nichkhun gasped and Wooyoung lifted him into his arms.

            “We made it out of that damn dream. We made it, through all of that, you came back with us. He’s just trying to make a last stand, and I know you won’t let him win this round either.” Wooyoung said as he brushed away Nichkhun’s hair. Nichkhun felt that, he felt the warmth. “Taecyeon loves you so much.”

            Nichkhun smiled and closed his eyes. “I know.”

            “I love you very much. You’re one of my greatest and dearest friends, and I just...” Wooyoung held him tighter. “I’m not going to let him take you. You’ve got so much life, so much strength. I’ve seen it, Nichkhun. So just stay with me okay?”

            “I’ll try.”

            Wooyoung nodded, “now you listen, Junho is going to take my place. I’m going to go and get Taecyeon and Chansung. They need a little help.”

            Nichkhun nodded and slowly Junho came to take Wooyoung’s place. “Hey...do you feel the warmth now?”

            Nichkhun smiled. “You’re amazing.”

            “It’s because we’re such good friends.” Junho assured with a grin. “Just focus on the warmth, okay?”

            Nichkhun couldn’t stop the tears anymore. He was so overwhelmed.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?” Junho asked.

            “I just...” He started and Junho held his hand tightly.

            “It’s wonderful to have so many people who love and care for you, right?” Marigold asked.

            Nichkhun nodded.

            “Focus on that, your highness. So many people want to see you rise above and overcome this, I promise.”

            Suddenly, a tremor of cold shocked Nichkhun’s whole body. The whispers returned full force and he knew he was screaming in pain.

            “Nichkhun!”

            It was dark for a long time, and then he was just in this weird grey place. Hearing a soft chuckle, he turned and then rose to his feet quickly.

            “I’m never going to win.”

            Nichkhun looked over Helios with fear. He kept his distance. “Why do you keep trying to go through me?”

            “Because you are the weakest, and I had already planted a failsafe within you in the event we were awoken from the dream. Marigold always gets in my way...”

            Nichkhun couldn’t help himself: he laughed.

            “Shut up, you insolent child.”

            “You never learn, do you?” Nichkhun asked. “You already tried to use me and failed. I don’t know what you sought to accomplish but you had to have seen there was nothing but failure. You just caused pain, still are, and nothing was accomplished at all.”

            “Even if I failed, I gained. I learned more than ever during the dream. I would have gotten what I wanted.” Helios hissed.

            “Perhaps...but I don’t think so either. Something or someone would have stopped you. One thing is for sure: you are a monster.”

            “Just because my ambitions went the way they did it does not mean I am a monster.” Helios snapped.

            Nichkhun shook his head, “you tried to make Wooyoung believe he was a monster, I bet it hurts to be called that yourself.”

            “That man is a monster.”

            “You fear him...don’t you?”

            It was silent between them.

            “I think you fear all of us.” Nichkhun said after a while. “Fear is quite powerful...”

            “I don’t need a soul who has never seen the eons I have experienced to tell me that.” Helios said and sat back. “Be gone from me...”

            Opening his eyes, Nichkhun gasped for air and found himself in Taecyeon’s arms. He was so relieved. Taecyeon’s fingers went down his cheek gently and he was looking him over and over. “You’re back...”

            Nichkhun smiled and gripped Taecyeon’s shirt. “I’m so tired...”

            “I know.” Taecyeon whispered. “It’s okay to sleep. I have you.”

            Nichkhun didn’t want to close his eyes. Taecyeon leaned down and kissed him slowly. “Sleep, Nichkhun.” He said against his lips.

            “Is it really gone?”

            “Not yet, but it will be.”

            “I want it gone...” Nichkhun said, feeling slightly panic.

            “Shh, shh,” Taecyeon hugged him close and rocked him back and forth. “It will be, I promise. It can’t hurt you.”

            “How do you know?”

            Taecyeon cupped his face and brushed his thumbs over his cheeks, “because I love you.”

            Heart racing in his chest, Nichkhun felt a different kind of heat this time. It made him feel like he was melting and he felt it all the way to his bones. “I don’t deserve you. I-”

            Taecyeon kissed him hotly then and never let Nichkhun get another word in. “You’re warm now.”

            Nichkhun nodded and then they were laughing. “I love you, too, Taecyeon.”

            “Rest now, okay? It’s okay to sleep.”

            Finally relaxing in Taecyeon’s arms, Nichkhun closed his eyes.

            “If you two don’t mind, I would like for you to stay with me for a couple days.” Marigold said.

            “Sure...”

            “I know you’ve already begun the courtship and you’ll need your space, but I just want to be sure that neither of you are at risk once again.”

            “We appreciate it, believe me.” Taecyeon said. “I really appreciate everything, Marigold.”

            “Nonsense, if not for yours and Nichkhun’s strength...well, the story would have taken a much different turn.”

 

            *

 

            The lethargy was the worst part, Nichkhun concluded. He was exhausted, and he did sleep often for the two days he and Taecyeon spent with Marigold, but he was also restless. He couldn’t do menial tasks like go to the washroom or even brush his own hair. His muscles had atrophied substantially from the Frozen Heart syndrome, especially since he was half-mortal. Nichkhun was so grateful to have Taecyeon at his side. The only reason he was still alive was because of him, his friends, as well as Marigold and Madam Jang.

            Nichkhun had also come to learn that Marigold was much stranger than he originally thought. She was a gentle woman, and Nichkhun could certainly feel the power reeling from her, but she was...odd. Taecyeon was quite funny around her. He looked like nothing but a pup sometimes when she was telling him stories or explaining something magic-related.

            “You’re both well on the mend now.” She said and pat Taecyeon’s shoulder. “However...” Marigold leaned in close to him and Taecyeon seized up. “Have you met with your father yet?”

            Nichkhun watched the exchange closely. Taecyeon hadn’t mentioned his father or his pack since they had come to Marigold’s place.

            “There’s no point...” Taecyeon said after a while.

            “You miss your pack.”

            Taecyeon growled slightly but went quiet as Marigold gripped his chin.

            “You need not fear. Your pack will never abandon you. If they require an explanation I will provide one.” She assured and pinched his ear. Taecyeon however made his way out the door without a word. “Such a cub...” She rose to her feet and came to Nichkhun’s side. “I think you’re going to be able to walk on your own soon, but your body still needs time to heal.”

            “Why are you helping us so much, Marigold? Not that I am ungrateful, I just don’t see-

            “Because you are important to Wooyoung,” She said tenderly. “And...because you did not deserve what happened to you. Helios is a monster and I intend to take responsibility for cleaning up the disaster he has wrecked within this time period.” She explained and took up Nichkhun’s hand. “That is the way this story ends...” She added mysteriously. “The severity of his actions – the way he played with you like toys...” She shook her head.

            “Wooyoung is very special...” Nichkhun added. “I don’t see why you feel responsible for cleaning up the mess Helios made though.”

            She shrugged and sat quietly for a while. “I would think you would be more concerned about your stalled courtship with the cub.”

            Nichkhun couldn’t help but blush then.

            “I’ve done all I can you know? The rest is up to you and Taecyeon. Once you consummate your courtship you’ll be all fine.”

            If it were possible Nichkhun’s face grew even hotter.

            “Sorry...was that a bit too forward?” She chuckled.

            “No...”

            “You’re adorable.” She said and gripped his hand. “Taecyeon’s Wolf is restless. He desperately wants you healed he just won’t say it outright.”

            “Well...I...”

            “I understand your apprehension and fear. I really feel like Helios has pushed you both into a corner, forcing this upon you.” She said softly. “It really isn’t fair.”

            “I...” Nichkhun said after a while. “I guess I’m nervous because...well...I was always the weakest. Helios always went for me. He hurt my friends, people I care about, through me-”

            “Now you listen here, there’s nothing to be ashamed of about that. Don’t be silly.” She said more seriously. “Helios had a lot of time to formulate his plan and no one knew it was coming. You couldn’t have known – no one could that he would go that far. Nichkhun, it wasn’t that you were the weakest, it was because he got closer to you than the others and your family were not receptive to help from others. Instead they the very people that could have helped them. You were put into a helpless situation.”

            “Perhaps, but I could have left at any point. I could have made that choice.” Nichkhun lay back and covered his eyes. The scenes of the dream came to him then. “How real were the things that happened in the dream?”

            Marigold sighed, “Well, it wasn’t like the dreams you can just wake up from and none of it was real. It was both real and not at the same time.”

            “That makes me a little more confused.”

            Marigold took a deep breath and held her chin. “Madam Jang would probably be able to explain this to you better than I can. She’s more knowledgeable of dream magic. Tell me your worries and thoughts about the dream. Do not let these thoughts fester in your mind.”

            Nichkhun swallowed hard. “I guess...I guess it was just the fact that it was so real – it was real to me. I...” For some reason his throat burned and he was becoming overwhelmed with the volume of experiences he did have in the dream. “There...there’s just so much. I feel like Helios has made us strangers in some way. Whether I think about it as 2,000 years or 20 that’s still so much time. I want to be able to get to know Taecyeon all over again on our own terms. I want to be able to process what happened in the dream and do things for us on our own time.” The truth he wanted to speak became easier the more he spoke. Marigold never laughed at him or stopped him. “It just feels like I’ve done all these things and yet...I just want more time with him. Does that make sense?”

            “Of course it does.” Marigold answered with a soft smile, encouraging him to continue.

            “The things I experienced in the dream, the pain, the passion, all of it, there was just so much and I don’t really know what to do with it all.” His voice grew weaker then.

            Marigold folded her arms across her chest and looked up at the ceiling. “Well, I think the main thing is to acknowledge that it happened. It sounds like you are on the way to doing that. The second thing is to speak with Taecyeon openly and honestly.” She returned his gaze then. “He loves you very much, and while even I know it’ll heal you to consummate your relationship, you’ve got to be the one to decide how that happens. Taecyeon will know other ways that involve less sensual demands I imagine – especially where you require more time to heal. And! You can always ask Wooyoung. He’s very proficient in bonds. He could probably give you a type that fits everything you want. He’s quite clever like that.”

            Nichkhun smiled. “I truly appreciate this.”

            “It’s amazing you’re even alive right now, Nichkhun.” She said, and gripped his hand. “With the length the curse went...you should be dead.”

            Her statement rattled him.

            “You remain here because of the love of Taecyeon and your friends. Never doubt them, okay? They all truly kept you here. Taecyeon would never let you come to harm, and I doubt he would want to finalise your courtship with you feeling this way. Wolves mate for life you see? So...a relationship based on insecurity would do you more harm than good.” Marigold said concerned. “I know just the thing. There’s a really nice hot spring which would do you good. Talk to him there.” She tapped his temple and Nichkhun got the directions. “Taecyeon is strong enough to take you.”

            “Take him where?” Taecyeon asked as he entered.

            “A good place for healing, especially with how your core is doing.”

            “Core?” Nichkhun asked.

            “Your magical core.”

            Nichkhun probably looked even more confused.

            “Okay, I see I have some explaining to do. May I tell you something in strict confidence?” She asked and sat back. Nichkhun nodded. “Cub can listen too if he likes.” She aimed at Taecyeon who sniffed at the air.

            “Taecyeon...”

            “A very long time ago, long before Inferna even existed, and even before certain magicfolk came into being, there were the seven sages. Have you heard this story before?”

            Nichkhun shook his head. “Nope.”

            “I have been wondering when the story began to fall out of common knowledge. Perhaps it is why Helios was able to do what he did.” She said and tapped her chin. “The seven sages were born from the seven elements: fire, water, air, earth, metal, wood and the void. In the history of magic three are on the light side, three on the dark, and the one of void is neutral. Some say this was the birth of light and dark magic. This is why you have some who are proficient in medicine; they are innately of water magi.”

            “Is the void the deep magic?” Nichkhun asked.

            Marigold grinned, “you could say that. What Helios sought was the ability to do all and tap into the deepest of magics. That’s why it is sometimes called the ‘old magic’.”

            “Where do witches and elves fall?”

            “Well, it depends on their magical core. You could have a whole coven of witches and their strongest magic is fire, but I guarantee you, not of all of them have cores born from fire magi.” She said and leaned back. “Does that make sense?”

            “Yes, I had been wondering about such things.” Nichkhun said. “Why are you sharing this with me?”

            “One because you have the unique position to unite the many magical folk, and I feel you will not use this knowledge against us.” Marigold explained and smiled at him. “Two, everyone has a magical core that is tied to the deep magic.” She waved her hand. A shimmery dust of silver dust fluttered in the air and vanished. “Mine is void, metal and air.”

            “How normal is it to have three?”

            “It is most common to usually have one or two, and having one doesn’t mean you can do magic.” Marigold said. “The prince of Inferna, his family, they were born from the seven sages. So, it wouldn’t surprise me if one day his core became all seven – if it isn’t already.”

            “Junho and Wooyoung are powerful also-

            “Yes, but it is not my place to divulge their backgrounds. Junho is mysterious even to me. I feel...whoever his parents were they have placed all of their own knowledge within him and have protected him. To do so requires great sacrifice. Wooyoung...well, that’s a personal matter.” Marigold said and crossed her legs.

            “Do I – what is mine?” Nichkhun asked.

            “Do you know why the ice magic did so much harm to you?”

            Nichkhun gripped the blankets, “water?”

            Marigold nodded. “Individuals with water cores are at times the most at risk of the seven to succumb to volatile magic if they do not train themselves, especially since you are healers. Despite ice being of water, when it is combined with destructive magic it can become poisonous. With a bit of training I bet you would be able to even stop things like Frozen Heart from doing damage like this again.” She explained. “I also feel that since your parents were adverse to coming to know magicfolk and understanding that the peoples of Baxkos also have magical cores, you have been set at a huge disadvantage. It is very easy for people who close themselves off from their true nature to welcome in harm and destruction.”

            Nichkhun nodded, “yes...I can see that.”

            “Curious about your Wolf’s core?”

            “Yah...”

            Marigold snickered. “I can tell he’s curious, too.”

            “I already know what it is...” Taecyeon grumbled.

            “Your lovely partner should know too then.”

            “It’s earth.”

            Marigold looked back at Taecyeon surprised, “that isn’t all.”

            Taecyeon gave her a questioning look. “What’re you talking about?”

            “Wood too, can’t you feel it?”

            Nichkhun couldn’t help but smile at Taecyeon’s baffled look.

            “That’s why you and Nichkhun are so suited to each other.” She pat Nichkhun’s shoulder and got to her feet. “You match both sides of his magical core – so he basically drinks you up.” Nichkhun blushed heavily at that. Marigold was laughing and looked every bit of amused. “Chansung said he would be coming to fetch you in the morning. He’s been speaking with his mother, the Queen, and with your brother as well, Nichkhun. I’ve told them about Arenna and her coven. I think she will be more open to re-forming peace relations at some point.”

            “I’m sure they will want something from me. I expect to repent for things in some way.” Nichkhun sighed.

            “Well, we’ll see. Personally I do not think it matters, but you saying that is fine. I think you have already suffered enough.” Marigold rose to her feet and made her way to the door.

            “Marigold.”

            She turned back.

            “You didn’t answer my question.” Nichkhun said softly.

            “Sharp one you are. Head out to the spring and take all the time you need. Just call if you require anything.” She said and left with one last wink.

            Both look at one another. Nichkhun smiled and Taecyeon shrugged.

            “Do you know the way?” Taecyeon asked.

            “Yeah.”

            “Wanna go right now?”

            “Sure.”

            Taecyeon came to his side and Nichkhun found his arms filled with him. Despite the pain he felt he held Taecyeon as tightly as he could. “Don’t you know how strong you are to have gone through all you have and to still be here?” Taecyeon asked voice filled with emotion. Slowly Taecyeon rested his head against Nichkhun’s chest.

            “I couldn’t have done it without you, literally.”

            Taecyeon sighed deeply, “you’re breathing and alive right now because of your strength. If that comes from me and other friends you have made, we’ve only made you that much stronger. I just want you to realise that.” He slowly turned his head and revealed those stunning golden amber orbs.

            Nichkhun had already been overwhelmed before but now his emotions were all over the place. “I do.” Was all he managed to say.

            Taecyeon lifted him into his arms and he followed Nichkhun’s directions. They walked along a stone path lined with small evergreen trees. It was a short distance to the spring. It indeed looked very relaxing, especially with the setting sun above them.

            “Marigold is spoiling us.” Taecyeon said as he set Nichkhun down upon the ledge.

            Nichkhun slowly let his feet dip into the soothing water, “oh that feels amazing.”

            Taecyeon knelt upon the ledge and ran his hand through the water.

            “You’re coming in with me, right?”

            Taecyeon turned to him quickly, “you want me to?”

            Nichkhun smiled and then shoved him in. He laughed at the expression Taecyeon made and began to undress.

            “Yah!” Taecyeon huffed as he came to stand. “If you weren’t feeling well.”

            “Oh? Would you pull me in?”

            Taecyeon splashed him anyway. Then he was standing directly in front of him and Nichkhun slowly rested his hands upon Taecyeon’s shoulders. As he was brought into the water, he collapsed against Taecyeon completely. The water felt heavenly around him and he relaxed completely.

            “Feels good, right?”

            “So good...” Nichkhun cooed.

            Taecyeon adjusted his hands under Nichkhun’s thighs as he waded them deeper into the water. “You’ve been nervous around me.”

            Nichkhun sighed. “I’m sorry.”

            “I just don’t want you in anymore pain.”

            Nichkhun smiled and he edged back a little. He tightened his legs the best he could around Taecyeon’s middle and kept them close. “I guess this last attack just made me realise how scared I really was that we almost didn’t make it back, how much time has gone by, and...how much you and I have been through. I really shouldn’t be apprehensive.”

            “We can wait.”

            Nichkhun shook his head. “I’ve been waiting so long. I guess I’m just scared that we’re being forced together.”

            Taecyeon laughed then and leaned back against a rock. “You don’t feel like people have been forcing us apart all these years, trying to keep us from being together?”

            Nichkhun ran his fingers along Taecyeon’s cheek. “I do feel that way too. I just feel strange. I just want to be with you on our terms, because we decided.”

            “What makes you feel like this isn’t our terms? I’m just curious.”

            “I guess – don’t be mad.”

            Taecyeon chuckled, “I promise.”

            Nichkhun worried his bottom lip. “I guess I just don’t want you to feel like you’re trapped with me because Helios cursed me, that’s all. That it’s your duty to save me.”

            Taecyeon held him closer to him, “I don’t feel that way at all, silly prince.”

            Nichkhun blushed. “I am a bit silly.”

            “Well I am too. But, Nichkhun, you and I have been dancing around one another all these years. I felt like since I was a Wolf I had no right to love you, but that never stopped the way I felt about you.” Taecyeon said, his breath hot against Nichkhun’s lips. “Nichkhun...don’t you realise my wolf is yours?” He asked and then kissed him deeply. Nichkhun craved the touch so much. “I’ve always been yours.”

            Nichkhun held Taecyeon’s face with both hands and brushed his hair back. “You always show me how much my insecurities are unfounded.”

            “Were you scared that my love was just an obligation?”

            “A little.”

            “Consider my feelings just a little...please?” Taecyeon chuckled.

            “I know, I’m sorry. I know you’ve sacrificed a lot to stay by my side.”

            “So have you, you just don’t say it.”

            Nichkhun didn’t know if it was the water or the heat from Taecyeon’s body, but he just felt so very warm.

            “We can take our time, but please let me mark you.” Taecyeon pleaded. “Let me make you mine.”

            Nichkhun couldn’t help but groan and he nodded. “Make me yours...”

            The pain of Taecyeon’s bite only lasted a couple seconds. It was the surging heat that came after which aroused Nichkhun like nothing else. Soon Taecyeon was kissing up his neck and then kissing him and he lost all sense of place.

            “That’s it?” Nichkhun asked breathlessly.

            “Can I do more?”

            Nichkhun moaned, “yes, please? Touch me. I want to feel even warmer.”

            Taecyeon brought them back to the ledge and pressed his body into Nichkhun’s as he kissed him over and over, touching him again and again. He would touch Nichkhun’s mark so tenderly but then so passionately. Taecyeon their arousals between them. Coupled with the heat of the water Nichkhun tightened his hold on Taecyeon. He came so deliciously with Taecyeon pressing into him and on that mark. It was even more pleasurable when Taecyeon bit into his skin as he released. All his senses felt heightened and he regained a clarity he hadn’t realised had been missing.

            “Taecyeon...I want more.”

            “Mm, not yet. I want you completely healed so you can feel everything.” Taecyeon said with a low, husky voice that drove Nichkhun crazy.

            “But-

            “Shh, I’ll touch you more.”

            Nichkhun sighed.

            “I want to do so much more, believe me.” Taecyeon chuckled as he kissed him. “You...” Taecyeon remained so very close to him. “I understand what she meant now, you really quench my thirst.”

            “Oh?”

            “But then I also feel like I’ll never get enough.” Taecyeon said with desperation.

            “I’m yours so take as much as you want.” Nichkhun smiled and bit his lips. “Will I turn?”

            “Yes...”

            “I’m kind of excited about that.”

            Taecyeon groaned and then proceeded to touch him again. Nichkhun never wanted it to stop. It was a while before they finally got out of the water. After drying off and getting dressed Nichkhun felt the lethargy again. However, this time it was because he felt sated and well pleasured. He took Taecyeon’s hand and he collapsed into him. “See, you’re not ready yet.”

            “I will be soon.” Nichkhun promised.

            “Mmhmm,” Taecyeon hummed and kissed his forehead. “You’re amazing that way. For now though, just let me bask in having you and you being safe and in my arms.”

            Nichkhun wanted to hear so many more of these sweet declarations, to share his own, and to make Taecyeon proud. Surprised as Taecyeon lifted him into his arms, Nichkhun relaxed after a thorough kiss. Taecyeon tasted different, and he smelled different. Everything felt different. It was like Nichkhun had been given a new life and he revelled in that most of all.

*

TBC 

Next chapter is called Truths Over Tea Chansung/Wooyoung POV