The Prince and the Tortured

The Prince of the Underworld

Trigger Warning: There is violence, mention of blood, non-consensualing touching (does not lead to anything), and a cliff-hanger.

A/N: As I'll be moving next weekend there will be no update next week and why I put cliff-hanger in the warning. I will try and make sure the update is on time but if I don't this is why. Hope you enjoy and will be posting from my new university :)

*

                Nichkhun sat quietly looking out his window. The castle felt so quiet for some reason. He had realised that he hadn’t seen his sisters in a while either, which unnerved him greatly. Hearing a knock at his door he cleared his throat, “come in.”

                Turning, he found Toren standing there. “Your highness, your uncle would like your company for lunch.”

                “Why?”

                “Your sisters are already there. Your uncle would like to have a few words with all of you present.”

                An unsettling feeling arose within him and Nichkhun stood instantly. “What does he want?” He asked, almost breathless.

                “Well, why don’t you come along and find out?”

                Even more troubled than before, Nichkhun walked out into the hall to find numerous guards there. Nichkhun mustered up his courage. The silence as they walked weighed on him heavily.

                “The King has another audience with the Queen of Lunaris today. I’ve asked that she bring along her niece.”

                Nichkhun withheld his anxiety the best he could. “Why?”

                “Something pretty to look at as we discuss war – I mean, peace.”

                Nichkhun scowled.

                “Besides, you seemed to enjoy her company. Why would you be against her return?”

                He shrugged, “Peace talks is no place for a lady, especially someone with no experience.”

                Toren laughed and rested his hand on the doorknob leading to the dining hall. “Right, I forget that people of your calibre do not get satisfaction from subjecting people to discomforts and violence.”

                Nichkhun was rushed inside once the door was opened and found his sisters seated at the table already. There were soldiers on either side of them.    

                “My dear nephew, I have some questions for you.” Helios said as he came to notice him. “Firstly, how’s the cold?”

                Ignoring his question, Nichkhun sat himself beside Yanin and gave him a silent stare.

                “Alright,” Helios gave a motion of his hand.

                “Ah!” Sherleen screamed.

                “Uncle!” Yanin yelled.

                Sherleen’s hands were pinned to the table with knives. “Uncle...” She muttered weakly.

                “Helios!” Nichkhun attempted to rise to his feet but hands on his shoulders kept him seated.

                “Now, I think I’ve tolerated your nuisance for long enough. If you wish for no further harm to come to your lovely sisters, Nichkhun, I encourage you to answer my questions.”

                “Alright! Just let her go.” He pleaded.

                Sherleen screamed as the blades came away from her hands, and she pressed them into her body. Yanin tried to help her but the guards kept them apart.

                “Show me your hands.”

                Nichkhun hesitated for only a second before he removed his gloves and held up his hands.

                “You are looking much better.”

                “Yes...” He said.

                “Did someone help you?”

                Nichkhun’s heart began to thud against his ribcage. “Yes, someone helped me.”

                “Who?”

                “Victor helped me. He recognised what-

                Helios flicked his hand.

                Nichkhun attempted to rise from his seat only to be dragged from it as Sherleen began to scream once more.

                “Brother!”

                “Please stop! Victor brought me to Junho in the dungeons and he told me what to use to keep the illness at bay! I swear, that’s all I asked of him.”

                “So, you went to see one of your conspirator friends and they helped you did they?” Helios asked as he began to eat.

                Nichkhun nodded.

                “Do you have any idea why the Queen of Lunaris would have re-opened negotiations for peace?”

                Nichkhun shook his head, “I truly do not. I was surprised when I saw Zahi at the auction. I didn’t think you’d move so quickly to let them into the kingdom.”

                Helios sighed. “Nichkhun, you are trying my patience.” He held up a small bell and shook it. The northern doors opened and Nichkhun’s heart sank as two soldiers dragged Taecyeon inside and dropped him to the floor. Turina walked behind them. “What happened at the night of the auction, Nichkhun? Did you see anyone other than Zahi?”

                Nichkhun shook his head and he began to struggle. “Please, let them go.”

                “I would refrain from resisting, prince. I don’t think we need any unnecessary bloodshed.” Toren said as he marched over to Taecyeon. “I would suggest you begin cooperating, or I’ll slit your lovely Wolf’s throat.”

                Nichkhun glared at him heatedly and shoved the guards restraining him. He reached for his sword and took out one soldier beside Yanin. As he made to free Sherleen, a heavy weight pressed down on his shoulders and Nichkhun found himself crashing down to his hands and knees. He could feel it becoming worse and worse.

                “You’re making things more difficult than they need to be.” He heard Helios say and he found him crouched before him. His hand ran into his hair roughly. “In this world of Immortals, you are weak.”

                Nichkhun seethed and tried smack his hand away but only succeeded in collapsing to the ground completely. Beginning to breathe heavier, Nichkhun felt his consciousness slipping, the weight unbearable.

                “Helios, you’re not going to get any answers out of him if he’s passed out.” Toren sighed.

                The weight against his body only receded a little, but Nichkhun found himself pulled to his knees. “My dear, dear Nichkhun, I’ve been hearing some very interesting stories.” He said as he brushed away his hair. “I do not believe that Zahi would have gone to the auction, unless someone had convinced him to. I do not believe it is coincidence that the Queen of Lunaris has suddenly begun to negotiate peace, and that you are miraculously getting better. No, I think someone has returned and given you some fire.”

                Nichkhun gasped as he was dragged closer and a ruthless hand took firm hold of his neck.

                “Did you see Jang Wooyoung?”

                “No...” He murmured. “I didn’t.”

                “Why did you bring Lady Hwang to the dungeons yesterday?”

                Nichkhun knew he had been very careful. He knew that no one knew they were missing from the dining room. “I didn’t bring her to the dungeons...”

                “Turina!” Helios yelled as he dragged Nichkhun towards them.

                Nichkhun was dropped and the weight returned.

                “Aggravate his symptoms.”

                Nichkhun tried to rise up but then a cool wave descended over him, and then the pain flared in his chest. “Ah!” He screamed and clawed at his chest. The cold lasted for several minutes before it retracted.

                “Please! Please don’t hurt him!” Taecyeon begged.

                “Then let me hear the truth!” Helios bellowed.

                “Nichkhun told Victor and I to leave the room-

                “Taecyeon!” Nichkhun interrupted. A swift kick to his chest had him coughing and he struggled under the weight of Toren’s foot.

                “Continue, Vice-Commander.”

                “We left the room as ordered. During this time, Nichkhun brought Lady Hwang down to the dungeons.”

                “Why?”

                “I don’t know!” Taecyeon yelled.

                “Alright, alright, relax, Vice-Commander.” Helios said. “Well now, I think that’ll be all. I would like to return to my lunch. Toren, take my dear nieces to their rooms.”

                “Yes master.”

                “Turina, wipe Taecyeon’s memory, leave him with an ache he cannot fill.”

                Nichkhun felt utter despair. “Please don’t...”

                “You can consider this your punishment, Nichkhun.”

                Nichkhun could only look on helplessly as Turina knelt before Taecyeon. He heard her muttering the words and then her hand descended upon his head. “Taecyeon!” He sobbed. A part of him died as Taecyeon began to fall back. As the weight receded from him, Nichkhun remained lying on the floor. Helios had sealed his fate. His eyes trailed over Taecyeon’s unmoving body and mustered up his energy and crawled over. Looking around, he realised they were alone in the room. Resting his hands against Taecyeon’s shoulders, he felt hot tears roll down his face. “Taecyeon..?” He murmured. “Please don’t be gone from me. Please be...please be with me, Taecyeon?” He asked and lay beside him. “I won’t be able to last without you with me...”

                Watching as empty, golden irises opened, Nichkhun felt whatever strength he had left dissipate. “What happened to me? Why are you on the ground?”

                Nichkhun shut his eyes tightly. “Do...” His whole body felt weak. “Do you remember me?”

                When Taecyeon’s brows furrowed, he shook his head, “of course, you’re the prince.”

                Nichkhun covered his face and curled in one himself. This was it. Helios knew. Nichkhun could only pray that the effects of the syndrome were hindered for long enough that he could still help Wooyoung. He had nothing else now. He had no other options.

                “Please let me help you.”

                Looking up, Nichkhun found kind eyes. “You can’t help me anymore.” He said quietly and slowly got to his feet.

                “What do you mean?”

                Nichkhun felt his wrist burn from the grip holding it tightly. “Do you remember who you are?”

                “Yes, I’m Ok Taecyeon. I serve in the Baxkos military. I’m a Vice-Commander. You’re prince Horvejkul, correct?”

                Nichkhun gripped his shirt tightly and smiled bitterly. “Yes, I’m prince Horvejkul. Would you be so kind...as to me to my quarters?”

                “Of course...”

                “Vice-commander Ok, General Toren requests your presence in the dungeons. We have a special operation to complete this afternoon before the meetings.”

                Taecyeon looked upon him apologetically. “I’m sorry, your highness.”

                “No...I am.” He said and earned himself a confused look. “Do not be tardy, General Toren is not a lenient man.” He urged.

                “Will you be alright?”

                Nichkhun bit his tongue and forced himself to smile. “Of course.” It might have been wishful thinking that Taecyeon did not believe him, but he turned away, and he left. The emptiness and the silence crept over Nichkhun like a vice. This was not fair.

                *

                “Now, my beloved nephew, you are to be on your best behaviour.” Helios said. “The lives of your sisters and your beloved Taecyeon hangs over your head. If you do anything to jeopardize negotiations with Lunaris, I will see to it that they no longer breathe personally, do you understand?”

                Nichkhun felt numb. He gave a small nod, and was dismissed.

                “Go welcome them. Bring them up to the Council chambers.”

                Nichkhun turned.

                “Oh, and Nichkhun?”

                He stopped at the door. “Yes uncle..?”

                “Make sure you smile.”

                Nichkhun slammed the door as he left. Victor was waiting for him. Nichkhun turned away from him and made for the castle entrance.

                “Nichkhun, wait!”

                “No, I can’t...” Nichkhun smoothed out his jacket and slipped on his gloves.

                “What happened?”

                Nichkhun stopped abruptly and faced him. “You know, I would rather be dead right now.” He hissed and stared him down. “With everything that has happened, I don’t know how I’m going to make it through the next hour – the next ten minutes.”

                Victor made to speak but Nichkhun turned and continued on down the hall. Coming to the castle’s entrance, Nichkhun took several calming breaths. He smiled as the Queen and Lady Hwang stepped out of the carriage, as well as several Lunaris Generals. This was really happening.

                Lady Hwang raced up the stairs and threw her arms around Victor. “I’m so happy I get to see you so often now, Victor.” She greeted.

                “Aren’t I so lucky?” Victor said with a roll of his eyes.

                Nichkhun nearly let his mask fall. He didn’t think he was going to make it. He was going to slip up.

                “Now, now, be nice to Dasom, Victor.” The Queen chided and she smiled at him. “Prince Horvejkul...are you alright?”

                Surprised by her question, he nodded, “I’m fine. It is a pleasure to see you, your highness.”

                “Why have you come to greet us and not an attendant, your highness?” Lady Hwang inquired.

                Nichkhun did not meet her gaze. “My uncle sent me personally. Please follow me.”

                As they walked through the palace walls, Victor and Lady Hwang shared small talk. When they came to the stairs leading up to the Council chambers, Nichkhun almost scowled upon seeing General Toren at the top.

                “Your highnesses, I’m very happy we are opening up peace talks.” He said, motioning for them to make their way into the chambers. “I am most pleased...to see the Lady Hwang amongst you.”

                “I thought Dasom would be meeting with Nichkhun, separately.” The Queen said.

                “Oh, well the prince is also joining us. So I think it would be right to have everyone together. Don’t you, Lady Dasom?”

                “You may call me Lady Hwang, General.” She said as she stepped away from his out-stretched hand.

                “Dasom, don’t be rude. General Toren is being nothing but civil.” The Queen chided. “I’m sorry, General. She still hasn’t recovered from her attendance at the auction the other night.” She sighed.

                Nichkhun noticed a shift in Toren. He would have missed it if he wasn’t looking. A look of something confirmed.

“Well, I hardly think that the auction is a place for a lady. These talks will seem bland and boring compared to that.” He laughed. “Well, we should head inside. King Helios is adamant about getting these talks underway.”

                The Queen nodded and they moved inside. Nichkhun felt a gentle hand at his back and watched Dasom walk before him and towards her aunt. Nichkhun’s hands itched. He didn’t know what Helios was going to do. He didn’t know how to warn Wooyoung that Helios potentially knew everything. He didn’t know how he was going to stomach anything that Helios or Toren did. He was afraid.

                “Victor, you may leave us.”

                Everyone from Lunaris looked at Helios surprised.

                “Excuse me?” Victor asked.

                “I would like for you to assist Vice-Commander Ok.” Helios said.

                “Why can my son not join us? I hardly see him as per our agreements.”

                “I’m afraid he has other business to attend to.” Helios said more firmly.

                “Yes sir...” Victor said without another word, and gave his mother and Dasom smiles.

                As the doors fell shut, Nichkhun felt like they were now sealed within the room, with no escape. The meeting began with the reading of the previous agreements. The Queen, Helios and the Generals all spoke about them heavily and which were nullified and what would be happening next. Nichkhun glanced at ‘Lady Hwang’ randomly, to find ‘her’ very attentive but also reserved.

                “I do have a theory about where my son, Chansung, was hidden.” The Queen said.

                “Oh?” Helios sat up straighter.

                “Yes, I believe that Jang hid him in his home territory, Astrum. They have never permitted my packs to look for him there, and I have always been suspicious.” She said.

                Nichkhun looked at his uncle to find him slightly amused. “I have never thought about that. It seemed too obvious, but your suggestion does seem plausible. We have been having difficulty with their royalty and might be heading to war with them.”

                “I...I wish to find him. I need my son back, King Helios.” She said as she sat back in her chair and rested her hand upon her chest. “Jang Wooyoung has caused me nothing but grief, and ripped my family apart. It ails me that I cannot find him.”

                “And he did the same to mine! Look at what he did to my brother and my dear sister-in-law, my beloved nephew’s parents.”

                Nichkhun felt unsettled with the statement. Helios never cared about his family.

                “I do not feel this conversation is going to get us anywhere.” Nichkhun interrupted. “I would rather not discuss what happened with my parents.”

                “Here, here,” Toren said. “I quite agree. Speaking of that monster, Jang Wooyoung, only puts a sour taste in my mouth.” He took up his goblet and a weird hush fell over the table. “I imagine having Lady Hwang around helps ease the loss of your eldest son a little, your highness.”

                “Oh yes, it is good to have my niece with me. Dasom was very kind to come and join me.”

                “Nichkhun, perhaps you can show Lady Hwang the gardens later.”

                “Yes uncle...”

                The conversation turned back to politics from there, and what measures would be taken when invading Astrum.

                “This is difficult for me to bring up, the ideals and opinions of my brother. When our kingdoms were at war, and fighting one another, we actually had gone to Astrum for aid and never got anything. This has truly been something I still have not forgotten.” Helios said.

                “Well you aimlessly attacked the clans of Luna, and you caused much chaos that didn’t need to happen.” Nichkhun blurted out.

                Both Helios and Toren stared at him.

                Nichkhun no longer cared. They could do whatever they wanted to him now.

                “Quiet yourself, nephew, I want none of your nonsense at the table this day.”

                “Well some people think the war was just a cover-up for something far more sinister.” Lady Hwang interjected. “And I think it would be important to speak of this matter, as they were your brother’s ideals.”

                The Queen did not stop her.

                “I’ve heard in some of the social circles I frequent that you may hold the same harmful views of our people, King Helios, which is worrisome for us.”

                “Best not to believe in all the gossip my dear, that’s what truly creates a mess.” Helios warned.

                Lady Hwang smiled coyly and leaned forward. “Yes, you’re quite right.”

                “Now, why don’t we begin to discuss real business.” Helios said.

                Nichkhun barely had time to register what came next, it all happened so fast. Helios stood abruptly and launched a very powerful spell at the Queen of Lunaris. She shoved Lady Hwang out of the way, and Nichkhun watched helplessly as the spell tore her to pieces, splattering blood everywhere.

                “Helios!”

                “Uncle!”

                Lady Hwang remained rooted on the floor as the Generals all rose up and launched into attack. They too succumbed to similar blows, or died from lethal sword slashes. Nichkhun watched Lady Hwang rise to her feet and touch her cheek. Their eyes connected and she staggered back and screamed.

                “Oh, stop it.” Helios said as he neared her.

                “You killed my aunt!” She bellowed, voice shaking heavily.

                The stench of singed blood filled the air.

                “Toren?” Helios called.

                “Uncle? What’re you doing?”

                Lady Hwang staggered back as Helios neared and she was restrained by two guards. Nichkhun himself was surrounded by four Baxkos soldiers.

                “Well, now that the Queen of Lunaris is no longer a problem and we already have authority over her legions, we’ll be able to scour Astrum and get on with my plans.” Helios announced. “But first, I must deal with an unsightly pest.”

                “Do not touch me!” Lady Hwang screamed.

                “Now, now Lady, well...shall I call you Lady Hwang,” Helios said as he gripped her chin, “or should you just come clean, Wooyoung?”

                “What’re you talking about?” She asked shakily.

                “Come now, come now,” Toren said as he replaced the soldiers behind her. “We all know you’re very proficient at potions and magic, Wooyoung.”

                “Plus we’ve seen this act before, right, Nichkhun?”

                “If Victor finds out what you have done to the Queen and what you are subjecting his cousin to, he will not take this quietly.” Nichkhun warned firmly.

                “What? Don’t tell me you’re fooled, Nichkhun?” Toren laughed and glanced at him briefly. “Well now, if you think I won’t harm you because you’re a woman, you’re gravely mistaken.”

                Lady Hwang shook her head. “I don’t understand why you’re doing this. I am not that accursed vigilante. You killed my aunt without reason, and now you’re assaulting me – you shameful piece of trash!”

                The General seemed taken aback.

                “Changmin, Taecyeon,” Nichkhun turned to see them both standing at the doors, a hooded figure remained there. “Bring me the goblet.”

                “Taecyeon...” Nichkhun whispered.

                Changmin handed over the goblet and Taecyeon helped restrain Lady Hwang.

                “Now be a good girl and drink it all.”

                Toren’s arm looped around Lady Hwang tightly, and Taecyeon gripped her chin. Nichkhun couldn’t bear to watch. Helios pinched her nose and dropped the liquid into .

                Nichkhun watched as her body began to change. Once Wooyoung returned to his original body, Nichkhun tried to get up but was forced back into his chair.

                “Well, well, if it isn’t my old friend.” Helios said.

                “I...am not your friend, you bastard.” Wooyoung grumbled. His foot shot up and clocked Helios in the chin. He jerked away from Toren and Taecyeon, and slammed Changmin into the ground. He flipped over onto the table and ripped the dress away from his body. “I had a feeling you already knew it was me...” He murmured.

                “You’re heavily outnumbered, Jang Wooyoung.” Toren laughed.

                Wooyoung shrugged. “I never go down easy.”

                Toren ran at Wooyoung and attempted to knick him with his blade. Taecyeon hung back for only a second before he too took up his sword. Wooyoung hit him with what appeared to be a paralysis spell. Nichkhun appreciated that greatly. However, as Helios entered the battle, Nichkhun could only watch as Wooyoung attempted to fend them off with more difficulty.

                Nichkhun had always known that Toren was a sadistic man, and that he was very much like his uncle, but actually seeing the way they fought, sickened him. As Wooyoung took hit after hit, Nichkhun felt his resolve crumbling even more.

                “Are you going to tell us where he is, Wooyoung?” Helios asked as he slammed Wooyoung into the table.

                A pain-filled cry burst from Wooyoung’s lips. He curled up and clawed at the ground. “How the hell should I know? You erased my memories, remember..?” He seethed as he tried to crawl away from them.

                Toren dragged him back and shoved his fingers into his chest. Nichkhun’s eyes widened as electricity barreled through Wooyoung’s body. His screams and calls of pain ripped through the air. When it stopped, Wooyoung fell back and jerked and shook from aftershocks.

                “What about you Nichkhun? Do you know where Hwang Chansung is?”

                He shook his head, “I really don’t know. I would tell you if I did.”

                “Well, I guess we’ll just have to force it out of this one then.” Toren said as he pressed down on Wooyoung’s neck.

                “Toren no!” Nichkhun screamed.

                Toren landed a punch on Wooyoung’s lower ribcage, and Nichkhun felt as much as he heard the sickening crack of bones. Wooyoung’s cries were even worse as volts passed through his body once more.

                “Immortals are so fun to torture.” Toren laughed.

                Wooyoung dragged his fingers across the floor, gasping and heaving for breath. Blood ran from his nose, ears and his mouth.

                “Wooyoung just tell them, please.” Nichkhun begged.

                “Listen to him, Wooyoung, you’re causing him so much grief by having to watch this.” Helios said as he moved Toren out of the way. “Just tell me where he is and this will all stop.”

                Nichkhun didn’t know who was more shocked, him or Helios as Wooyoung began to laugh. “You...you bloody bastard. The many times you’ve attempted to break me, over and over, and you think I’ll give in?”

                “Well, if you don’t, I’ll just have to kill that mage you so love and cherish.”

                “You’re not going to be touching him, Helios. I promise you.” Wooyoung heaved.

                Helios forced him onto his back. “Oh?”

                Wooyoung wheezed and smirked, “I promise you, if you do anything to him, it’ll come back to you a hundredfold. I swear it.”

                Helios scowled darkly and pressed his hand over his face and sent a volley of pain throughout him. “Tell me where he is, or I’ll do exactly what I love to do to you, in front of all these people, Wooyoung.”

                “No...”

                Helios took up a knife and sliced open Wooyoung’s shirt. “Yes, I’m going to touch you.”

                “No!”

                Nichkhun looked away.

                “Then tell me-

                “I won’t-

                “Tell me where he is!”

                “Please don’t-

                Nichkhun began to shake.

                “Tell me, Wooyoung.”

                “You can do whatever to me, I’ll never tell.” Wooyoung said and began to laugh.

                “Alright, you leave me no choice.” Helios sighed and rose to his feet and motioned for someone to come forward.

                Nichkhun turned back to the hooded figure and they made their way towards them. Heart beginning to thud loudly, he gasped as the hood fell back. “J-Junho..?” He whispered.

                Wooyoung went pale and his eyes froze on the mage.

                “Junho, my dear boy, Wooyoung is proving to be quite troublesome. He won’t tell us where Chansung is. Do you think you could convince him?”

                “Helios!” Wooyoung bellowed.

                Junho’s eyes were different. They were a vivid orange and he noticed white lines along Junho’s neck. From what he knew of magic, that was possession, and a volatile form of it. The hardest of possession magic to dispel.

                “I’ve finally done it.” Helios said as he came to stand behind Junho, his arms closed around him. “Isn’t he beautiful like this?”

                Wooyoung collapsed to his knees. Nichkhun knew that look all too well: devastation.

                “Now, how’s we make a bargain, eh?” Helios said, trailing his finger along Junho’s jaw. “Tell me where Chansung is, Wooyoung.”

                Wooyoung still struggled and his hands clenched and unclenched tightly.

                “Junho, he doesn’t care about you as much as he does Chansung. He won’t tell me where that demon is, and he’d rather protect him than you.” Helios said. “Even though you’ve helped him so much-

                “The Wintry Forest in the north!” Wooyoung practically screamed and then he deflated again. “He’s…he’s in the Wintry Forest…”

                “What a good boy. See, we didn’t need to go through all of that. You could have just told me. And such a clever, clever place, surrounded by the lands of Witches, and within the kingdom of Elves. I never would’ve guessed.”

                “The one place we haven’t looked.” Toren laughed.

                “Well, I should prepare to depart then. Toren, Changmin, please come with me. Taecyeon and Junho can throw these fools in the dungeons.”

                “You trust them to do that?”

                “Taecyeon is nothing but a dog, and Junho is completely under my control. He’ll do exactly as told.” Helios chuckled.

                Nichkhun broke away from the soldiers and made his way over to Wooyoung. “Wooyoung...” He said as Helios, Toren and Changmin vanished from the room. “Wooyoung...” He repeated. “Why did you-

                Wooyoung shrugged and slowly worked himself into a seated position. He sniffled and wiped at the blood coming from his nose. “I’m like a cockroach. One…who can’t even protect those he cares about.”

                Nichkhun shook his head. “You’re being too brash...”

                “I don’t have a choice. I had a feeling they’d figure it out, but I didn’t anticipate they would figure it out that quickly.” Wooyoung said softly, his eyes dark and empty.

                “I’ll be bringing you both to the dungeon.”

                Nichkhun looked up at Taecyeon, and noticed Junho before Wooyoung. He didn’t know what Wooyoung had planned originally, but he knew that this was not good. With the help of the other soldiers, they walked. Servants and other soldiers whispered as they went. When they finally reached the dungeons, Nichkhun was placed in his own cell and Wooyoung was dragged down further.

                “What a sight eh!” One of the soldiers laughed. “The esteemed leader felled and made useless by his own mage.”

                Nichkhun looked up at Taecyeon as he closed the bars. “You really want to go along with this, Taecyeon?”

                “I serve the Horvejkul family. You have committed crimes against your own family and your kingdom, Nichkhun. What else can I do?”

                Nichkhun dragged him forwards as he tried to walk away and began to shake. “You remember nothing about me, all those years training together, living together, protecting me from them.” He seethed. “They stole your memories of me...” He said with trembling voice. “No matter what they do to me, I do not care, but they have robbed me of you, Taecyeon.”

                He saw a flicker of recognition in the depth of his eyes. Taecyeon’s hand gripped his. “Something within me hurts...when you say these things, but I truly cannot help you, Nichkhun.”

                “Then do what is right!” He urged. “This is wrong and you know it!”

                Taecyeon looked upon him quietly. “But if I try to help you, and something happens to me, wouldn’t that hurt you..?”

                Nichkhun wanted to cry, to beg, to plead, but Taecyeon would never understand. “I don’t care, Taecyeon. Just know that I love you, and when the time comes, you can choose to help me or abandon me forever as they want you to. But I love you so deeply...and the only way this all can be fixed, is if we help Wooyoung.”

                Taecyeon turned his gaze to where the others were locking Wooyoung away.

                Nichkhun needed him to believe him.

                But, as Taecyeon removed his hand from his body, a chill sparked inside him.

                “I’m sorry, Nichkhun. I don’t think I can help you.” He said, and turned away.

                Nichkhun began to fall. The emptiness and the chill, they wounded him, deeper and deeper as Taecyeon walked away. “Don’t leave me...” He whispered. “You promised you wouldn’t...”

*

Next chapter is on hiatus...The Deepness of Their Bond (Wooyoung POV)