The moment everything changed

The Time I Fell In Love

Yoona’s POV

 

Seunghyun, I think I have discovered three kinds of fear. There is this fear of not being good enough. I remember when I started dating Jongin, and how everyone kept saying I was too poor, too ugly and too stupid to date someone like Kai; that was when this fear appeared. Then is the fear of forgetting. While I was alone I suddenly became afraid I could forget your voice; that same voice had been with me for eighteen years, but not only your voice. As time passed by, it got harder to remember your laugh, your sense of humor…And then, the fear everyone knows: rejection. Right now I am living the three at one time. I’m afraid I might not be good enough to be working here, with these amazing kids. I am afraid if I go they will forget about me or I will forget about them but I am also afraid how I am deliberately rejecting life. I keep thinking that maybe if I had become friend of the other nurses, or if I had been a little nicer to them none of this would have happened. What I am supposed to do now Seunghyun?

 

.....

 

“No thank you. I think I have told you like ten times already that I am not qualified and seriously I just can’t take another job” I start saying when my teacher comes into the room and says.

 

“Miss Im please come to my office, I need to talk to you and it’s urgent” The Doctor in charge of my department says abruptly interrupting my activities with the kids. I look at Jonghyun and he tells me he will be waiting for me there.

 

 

“Sorry, what?” I ask confused after the Doctor tells me I had been fired.

 

“There’s been a complain about you and the border has decided to let you go for now. Truth is I doubt they change their minds. The accusation the personnel made against you is pretty serious, so for now I must ask you to leave the hospital”

 

“Wait, what accusation? I wasn’t even informed”

 

“Listen Miss Im. Someone saw you misbehaving and taking advantage of the son of the chairman, some of the nurses have even declared against you. I am truly disappointed cause you are my top student. This department loves you and as soon as you see an opportunity to be in a higher position you choose to go up not by effort and talent but by seducing the son of the chairman? I’m very disappointed myself. Please take your things and leave”

 

“I am going to take my things and leave. I don’t want to be on a place where there is so much hate and judgment against the wrong people” I say furious and close the door angry. I see Jonghyun outside waiting for me. I try to avoid his gaze but he comes to me and my head.

 

“I know how cruel people can be. I know what they did. I am sorry” I push his hand away.

 

“What do you know exactly? I seduced Jongin because he is the son of the chairman. I didn’t care he and Seohyun had something going on despite Seohyun was my friend. You know that? Or what do you know? Don’t tell me you are the only stupid willing to believe in my word when the Doctor who had been in charge of me since I started working in this hospital didn’t even asked me what had happened! When everyone that I been working for almost a year thinks I could have done that. I don’t even know what I did to these people…”  Suddenly someone grabs my arm. It’s Jongin.

 

“I just came to say I’m sorry. I’m going to solve this. I will talk to my father and…”

 

“Stop Jongin. It’s not only you. It’s like everyone was waiting for an opportunity to get me out of here. They finally have it. You and I know we didn’t do anything wrong. So, I leave with no regrets”

 

“But Yoong this was your source of money and now…”

 

“Don’t worry about that. She has a new job. Right Yoona?” Jonghyun asks me. I sigh. I wish I could say no but right now I need the job.

 

“Yes, I do”

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

It’s crazy how this hospital turned into a drama. Turns out the nurses were so jealous of Yoona going out with Kai that hey handled the issue in their own hands. They decided to use the revenge thing as an excuse to finally kick Yoona out of the hospital. Even I as a man can see it. Yoona is beautiful and captivating. She can caught a man’s eyes just by standing there. More than that, Yoona was mysterious, so no one knew her weaknesses and they couldn’t hurt her because it was like if she had no past. No one ever saw her cry or smile or even being angry, they just saw Yoona getting attention from the students for her beauty and from the teachers and doctors for her intelligence and ability, so they were mad and jealous.  

 

When Yoona’s boss asked her to talk in private I knew something was wrong, so I went with the nurse that had given me all the information about Yoona, Kai and Sehoyun before.

 

“We decided to help Seohyun since our principles don’t allow us to have someone like Yoona working in the same hospital that us” This woman is so fake. “All of the nurses got together after we saw Seohyun leaving the hospital today crying. Someone heard her and Kai fighting. Seems like he has already decided to date Yoona instead. No one can fall in love so quickly so we all think Yoona is doing this because she wants a higher position in the hospital. Once someone heard her talking over the phone with her father. She and her family are very poor so this is Yoona’s opportunity to assure her a position in this hospital. She had bad blood and we are not allowing her to stay here. We are actually fighting for justice” No they are not, they are just angry at Yoona so I think at least Yoona must have someone on her side, that’s why I offered her to be my nurse. I must show all these people what real justice is.

 

I give Yoona the keys of my apartment once she accepts to be my nurse.

 

“Why?” She asks once I put them in her hands.

“Because you need a place to stay and I have lots of space in my house” I answer.

“But I am only your nurse, not your relative, you really don’t have to be so nice…”

“I am not. You will have to pay half of the services. Plus I need someone to be in the house cause I am mostly in the company, abroad or with my members in an apartment we share so I need someone to be take care of the place, its actually more like you are doing me a favor” Yoona thinks a bit but then she finally nods.

“Ok, since I have the keys I’ll go and check what you need. I might have to move some furniture in order for you to be comfortable and walk without danger around your house. You also need a specific diet so I’ll go to the grocery. Is there any specific thing you need?” I smile, she is really organized, just the opposite to me.

“Nop, I don’t think so. By the way, my driver will take you. You have to come tonight to pick me up. Since I told the doctor I have a nurse he is willing to let me go already”

I spend the rest of the day between check ups and analysis. At the end I am just waiting for Yoona but is Kai who opens the door of my room.

 

“Hi! We met before. Can I come in?”

 

“Sure… so what’s up?”

 

“I’m going to be straightforward. It’s about Yoona. I just want to know why are you helping her. Do you like her or something? I heard she is staying in your house so I am just curious”

 

“I don’t like Yoona. I mean, not in that way. She is pretty and intelligent but I just don’t see her that way. My life is usually surrounded by music. Being here was absolutely boring and depressing so I thought helping her was the best thing to do, since I know she was basically incriminated, and I just hate being aware of injustice and not doing anything”

 

“I still think her living with you is too much. Maybe I could get a place for her and you could just tell her it was your idea…”

 

“I am not going to do that. I am not a psychologist or anything but I want to have a good relation with her and lying is not going to help me with that”

 

“Sorry, am I interrupting something?” Yoona comes into the room.

 

“No, no. I just wanted to know where are you staying” Kai replies.

 

“With Jonghyun” Yoona says.

 

“He just told me. Listen I was thinking maybe we could talk”

 

“Jongin not now, I am working”

 

“Yeah, sorry. Well, see you around” Yoona nods and Kai leaves.

 

“Ok Jonghyun we are ready to leave. I changed some things. Don’t worry, nothing major and I also made a stop by the grocery. I asked for your schedule and I cooked your meals for tomorrow already.  When we get to your house then I will help you to wash yourself and maybe I was thinking we could do some exercises before you go to bed. What do you think?”

 

“I think how the hell you thought you were not qualified for the job?” Yoona smiles. “Listen you are the doctor and I’m gonna do whatever you tell me. I just want to heal fast cause this is delaying my debut. Also, how about going to Japan in a week? You are free in the school right? It’s summer” I ask while Yoona is taking all my stuff.

 

“Why would I go to Japan in a weak?”

 

“Because I’m having a show there and I need you to do what you did today and to make sure nothing happens to my beautiful face and body”

 

“Yeah, I can go, but only a week cause after I need to go back to school”

 

“Sure”

 

“Hey, your house is really pretty”

 

“Thank you. It was a gift from my father when I started living in Korea”

 

“So you are not from Korea?”

 

“My mother is Japanese and my father is from Korea and they are divorced and I lived with my mother since I was young and yeap I just came back for the band’s debut”

 

“Well, your house is pretty”

 

“That’s it Marshmallow? You are not going to tell me anything about you, or your childhood or Kai?”

 

“Sorry, I don’t like to talk about that”

 

“Cool, cause that’s all you are going to know about me. I should have told you but I don’t like to talk about my family neither. What I told is what everyone knows…Something tells me you and I are going to get along well” She doesn’t smile she acts like she didn’t hear me and I get curious.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

Living with him has been really easy, taking care of him not so much. He is never around.  He is always working. Healing hasn’t been as fast as I thought because he is constantly moving. However he has proven to be a good patient. He follows his diet and he stop drinking and smoking when I caught him and forbade him to keep doing it.

 

Soon we traveled to Japan. Since Jonghyun and I didn’t talk too much we developed a natural ability to understand each other by just looking at our faces. I could tell when he was in pain, tired, angry or happy. Most of the time Jonghyun was happy and concentrated. Working was everything for him. I had become closer to Jongin and Yuri. They often help me to visit the kids in the hospital and give them the gifts I brought for them. Yuri told me she and Seohyun are not as close as before. Seohyun has changed with her. Jongin and I are good friends. At the beginning I refused to go out with him, but when we were going out to eat or to watch a movie  and I accidentally touched his hand my heart beats fast. I am not sure if I love him or not and that’s the main reason we didn’t date officially yet.

 

When our plane in Japan landed I saw a woman running towards us quickly hugging Jonghyun. He smiled fully and took her mother in his arms.

 

“I missed so much mother” He says smiling from ear to ear.

 

“How about me? Did you miss me?” A beautiful girl in a red skirt and black sweater asks. Jonghyun laughs.

 

“Sure, I missed you too. But I can see you any day in Korea and you chose to meet me here” Jonghyun answers giving her a hug while her mother greets the members.

 

“Cause your crazy fans in Korea will kill me if they see me around you. That’s why I didn’t go to visit you at the hospital”

 

“I’m sure that was it. Oh, sorry. Mom, Jess this is Yoona and she is my nurse”

 

“Hi Yoona, nice to meet you” Her mother says hugging me. I smile ashamed.

 

“Yoona this is my mother and this is Jessica, my fiancé”

 

“Hi. You are really pretty. You look just like my little sister” Jessica says smiling. “It’s funny cause she told me once someone named Yoona was giving her trouble” Jessica tells me smiling. “If you are not tired maybe you, Jong’s mother and I could go shopping.  What do you think?”  I look at her and she seems nothing but nice and honest. That’s why it hurts knowing that in a few days I will be stealing Jonghyun away from her.