Seunghyun's story

The Time I Fell In Love

Seunghyun’s POV

 

I died at the age of twenty two. That’s what the official report said. I was in a trip with the school when we had the accident. I helped to save most of the students that were there, but I couldn’t survive myself. While I was drowning I had a small yet precious second to think about what I had done in my life, and the way I had live it. My biggest regret was not being able to express my feelings. If I could go back I would tell my mother how much I always loved her, and I would tell my father how much respect and admiration I always felt for him, I at least hope they knew, but nothing compares to the pain of never being able to tell Yoona how much she meant to me. During my life she was everything. A friend, a sister and my first and only love; I have no idea how she managed to get all those titles, and I never knew why I was so afraid of telling her how I really felt. I guess I always thought of myself as someone who could explode any minute, someone who could heart and damage everything, and Yoona was simply to precious to be damaged; yet I always felt attached to her, even when I got surrounded by fake friends, kids that loved my house, my money, my appearance, etc I knew she still loved me for who I was.  She was my mirror, no, she was the best mirror.n no one’s eyes I was so smart and handsome so I always wanted to be the kind of man she always saw on me and it was at that time when I lost my head for her, because she made me wanted to be much better than the sum of all the characteristics she had put on me.   Since Yoona and I were opposites (she was always bright, smiley and positive and I was just….cold) she had the ability to get the best of me, the playful and relaxed Seunghyun. I on the other side, had the job to listen her problems and downs because Yoona’s best hobby was to hide things from others.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

“Seunghyun! I feel so down today” I said one day when my best friend and I were lying on the grass of his house. He turned to face me and caressed my face, then he smiled. Whenever Seunghyun smiled I wondered how was going to be able to stop loving him?

 

“Why? Can I do something to make you feel better?” He asked still smiling. I noded and he started to laugh. “Please, everything except for that, I’m terrible, and I am sure you don’t enjoy it that much”

 

“Please, please. I swear that’s the only thing that’s going to make me happy. You know I have no comparison since you are the only person I have done it with, so for me you are always the best, please please” I begged turning to see him too. I know Seunghyun is just week at my gaze.

 

“Ok, let’s do it, but you have to be quiet, otherwise my parents are going to freak out”

 

“I think you should be honest with them”

 

“I don’t play the piano because I like it, I play it because you always want me to play it whenever you feel sad”

 

“Ash, you are so lucky, if I had enough money I would have learn how to play the piano, I love it Seunghyun, please teach me”

 

“I already told you I can’t. I myself at it, but you still think I play beautiful”

 

So we hide in the living room and Seunghyun connected the earphones. He put them in my ears as he started to play. I always knew Seunghyun wasn’t the best but I loved to listen him playing. We did that until he turned fifteen, when his circle of friends suddenly grew. He spent less time at home and when he was there he was always in his room. Sometimes he would go to the kitchen where I was doing my homework and only to mess my hair.

 

“Ash, why would you do that? I hate it!” I yelled annoyed trying to tied my hair again.

 

“Sorry, I just want you to stop being so perfect Im YoonA” I always blushed when he complement to me.

 

The day Seunghyun turned nineteen we kissed for the first time. Since he was becoming and adult he and his friends decided to get drunk. Even thought his parents forbade him to get drunk, he did. Seunghyun drank so much he called me at four in the morning completely lost. I had secretly taken driving lessons with him in the white Mercedes his mother got him when he turned sixteen. I was only twelve at the time but Seunghyun kept insisting I should learn.

 

“Hey, Yoona! Come here, I really need a friend right now!” He kept saying as soon as I answered my phone. I remember I took a taxi through the whole city to get him. Once I reached the place it was a beautiful park and Seunghyun was almost in his five senses. “Yoong, here” Seunghyun raised his hand trying to catch my attention.

 

“I saw you already dummie” I replied annoyed. “Where are your friends?”

 

“Here” he said pointing at me. I smiled a little bit because when it comes to Seunghyun I am just weak. He saw me and smiled too. Then he stood up and caressed my face. “You are the only friend I have, the only friend I trust, the only friend I like, you are the only one Im Yoona” Seunghyun said while hugging me.

 

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?”

 

“It has to be today, otherwise I am might never do it. It has to be today” He suddenly started to get close to me and… he started to shake my head.

 

“Hahaha, I am a grown up now and you are a baby, muahaha” He said teasing. I looked at him really pissed. “Yoona, you have the face of a hot dog right now”

 

“Shut up!!” Then we started to chase each other. After that we sat down and waited for the sun to rise.

 

“This is the best present. To be with a unique person in my life watching a scene that is unique in the world”

 

“Aigo, you surely are good with words aren’t you?” Seunghyun smiled. “Thank you for letting me be with you”

 

“No, thank you for let me be with you.  You are the best friend someone can ask for” I looked down. That’s what I was, a best friend and nothing else.

 

“Seunghyun, about what I told you, can’t you think about it again? I know you are nineteen now but we are only four years apart, besides, who cares about numbers right?” I turned around and he was already sleeping. “Ash!! Anyways happy birthday Choi Seunghyun” I said and took his face between my hands. Then, I slowly kissed him. I wasn’t planning to do it, but he was just so handsome sleeping there. “Wait until I’m eighteen” I whispered.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

I felt the touch of her lips and got excited. In my head all kind of ideas crossed. I wanted to kiss her back. I always had wanted to kiss Yoona because she was pretty but at the same time as we were growing my thoughts of her as a sister forbade me to kept thinking about kissing her, now the fact that I was nineteen and she was only fifteen made me feel disgusted, and, for the first time I hate being older.

 

“Wait until I’m eighteen” Unconsciously that sentence stuck in my head. For the next four years I kept minimizing everything. When I turned twenty and started to work in the company of my father I met a model. The first time I saw her I thought she was Yoona. I sneaked behind her and gave her a back hug.  When she turned around surprised I immediately let her go.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry I thought you were someone else. I am really sorry Miss…”

 

“Krystal, my name is Krystal Mr…”

 

“Seunghyun, Choi Seunghyun. Nice to meet you Krystal” She looked at me in a strange way before continue with the conversation.

 

“Your friend must look like me then”

 

“Actually yes…I’m surprised”

 

“She must be really pretty then” Krystal said and then started to laugh. I smiled a bit.

 

“Even your sense of humor is similar”

 

“Are you a model too? Are you coming for the interview?”
 

“Well, I already work here”

 

“Really? I am so jealous; I really want to get the job here. Well I guess if I make trough the interview I will se you around”

 

“Sure” my job that day was to make the interviews for the new models, so when I saw Krystal again I decided she was going to get the job. The reason: she was insanely similar to my Yoona, more than that, she had some of the odd the qualities that I loved the most about my baby. She had a weird sense of humor, she always gave her best and she worked really hard to get what she wanted the only problem is that she wasn’t Im Yoona. Unlike my friend, Krystal had close to zero friends because she was always quiet and sad; Krystal wasn’t a happy virus, she looked cocky and spoiled, although she wasn’t but out of all those things the one thing that I hated the most was that Krystal needed to be recognized. Whenever she did something good she wanted someone to congratulate her, unlike Yoona who was used to do things good and receive no applauses besides mines and his father. Still I decided to date Krystal, it was a situation in which things were natural. She said she was attracted to me since the first time she saw me and to be honest I liked her too.

 

The day Yoona turned eighteen all I could think about was “Wait until I’m eighteen”. By that time I was pretty close to Krystal. We would always have lunch together, meals or whatever we could. That particular day of May I excused myself from work and spent my day with Yoona, waiting for her to mention what she had said three years before.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

The day I turned eighteen Seunghyun was acting rather strange. I became so excited with the idea he was going to mention something about me turning eighteen and being able to date freely. We were walking out of the restaurant where we had dinner but Seunghyun had forgotten his wallet so he came inside again. I was waiting for him outside when someone taped my shoulder.

 

“Hello!” Jongin yelled directly at my face, I got scared and threw him a punch.  When I recognized him I immediately help him to stand up.

 

“Oh my god” Jongin what the hell? Why would you do that?” I started to laugh, I know I wouldn’t but I found it funny.  He started to laugh too.

 

“If my perfect face is damaged you are gonna have to pay” He said caressing his cheek.

 

“Come on, today is my birthday, I can do whatever I want”

 

“What? Today is your birthday? Like, for real? I thought I was your friend and you didn’t say anything”

 

“Well..” He interrupts me with a hug, and then he kissed my forehead.

 

“From now on, today is my favorite day” He whispered at my ear, then he cleared hi throath and smiled ashamed. “Happy birthday Im Yoona, I’ll see you around ok?” And I couldn’t even nod. I kept holding my breath, until Seunghyun came back, and even then, even when I was with my best friend, I kept thinking about Jongin’s siloute when he left.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

We went to the movies, we went to the museum, we hugged while walking on the street and finally we went for the cake. As we were going out I came back to the restaurant for the flowers I had prepared, I was thinking about confessing while eating, giving her a ring hidden in her cake but that idea was so old fashioned and corny that made me feel disgusted so I bought her a necklace, something I designed. I came back to get the flowers I had forgotten because I was so nervous when I saw Yoona, I saw her with a guy from the school. I had heard rumors about the two of them, but Yoona never mentioned anything so I thought it wasn’t even worth it to ask, but that particular night when I saw him I saw the way Yoona looked at him, I could sense the shivers she got and when we got back to our car she wasn’t with me anymore. I kept talking trying to get her attention, but she wasn’t there anymore, she was thinking about someone else, so I gave up. I gave her the necklace without a confession and without telling her the necklace was something unique I had designed for her.

 

One month later I was dating Krystal and three months after Yoona introduced me Jongin in a fancy restaurant where I was supposed to meet her. She came late and his boyfriend came walking right after her. We were waiting when I asked Yoona what she liked about Jonging. I thought the way she touched his arms and how she tried to secretly reach his hand under the table is what annoyed me the most but I realize now it was the way she answered, so confident and sure about her feelings what make me feel completely disgusted and out of  place. So, I rushed the dinner as fast as I could. 

 

When we are leaving I held Yoona’s hand and pushed her towards me.

 

“Are you going back home with me?”  I asked stupidly afraid of her answer.

 

“Oh, I think I’m going with Jongin, is that ok?” She asked not realizing how hurt I felt. I finally let her hand go as Jonging steped to us.

 

“Ready to go?” He asked smiling and Yoona replied nodding with a smile on her face. “It was a pleasure sunbae, take care”  He held Yoona’s hand and I stood there, looking at them like four months ago at her birthday.

 

“Yoona!!” I yelled and she turned around confused.

 

“Take care” I said and she replied with a silent yes. But I know that’s no what I wanted to say, “I love you, come to me, please” Is what I really wanted to yell but I didn’t. If only I had known that day was going to be the last day with her I would have said it, too bad I’m just a simple human being who left for granted I was going to see her the next day, like usual.  Too bad I didn’t know I was going to die the very next day.