The ghost

The Time I Fell In Love

Yoona’s POV

 

“Hey” He says looking at me in a creepy way. I’m not sure what to do. I feel taken aback. Why? Why it has to be Jongin? I’m fighting against myself when I realize Seohyun is looking at me. And I remember this is Seohyun’s dream man. I feel ashamed.

 

“Hey, it’s been a while. How have you been?” Yuri quickly responds while I avoid Jonging’s stare. I know he is still looking at me.

 

“Sorry Yoona. This is Kai, the guy Yuri and I talked you about?” Seohyun says.

 

“Hello, nice to meet you. I hope we can all get along well” I say before anyone notices he and I know each other. Kai is still looking at me and I feel so uncomfortable. “So you are Kai right?” I ask trying to avoid any possible eye contact.

 

“Yes… nice to meet you” He finally answers confused.

 

“Ok Mr. Kim we have to move to the rooms now. This is the time where most of our students go out the hospital so it won’t be crowded” The main doctor tells Jongin.

 

“I see” He answers. We wave our hands as he and the group of doctors start to walk inside. I feel relieved. “Girls!” Jonging suddenly shouts as he returns running to where we are. “Since I just came back, do you think is possible if the four of us go to have dinner tonight? I will be out at eight or so” I focus my attention on my bag avoiding him again.

 

“Yes” Seohyun answers right away.

 

“Hope you can make it too Yoona…and Yuri, of course. Well, see you later. Bye” He is still looking at me. I nod half smiling. He finally smiles fully and then he goes back.

 

“My god, that man is gorgeous” Yuri lets out.

 

“What do you think he invited us?” Seohyun asks looking at me.

 

“Well duh! You obviously. I’m not really his friend and he just met Yoona. By the way Yoona, you are super pretty. He kept looking at you in a weird way” As soon as Yuri realizes what she just said she changes the subject. “But still, this is your opportunity Seo. Wait, I’m just having the best idea. What if Yoona and me scape dinner so you can go alone with him?”

 

“Yeah, we should do that!” I yell realizing this is my best chance to scape from Jongin.

 

Kai’s POV

 

I knew Seohyun while I was studying in Canada. That was the first time I was taking subjects of something related to Medicine. When I met her I swear I saw something of Yoona in her so I was curious. I asked her out, just to meet her. We went for coffee and I realized she was not Yoona. She was just alike. I liked her though. Unlike most of the girls I had met Seohyun was the hardest working, sincere human being in the world. But she was too upright and serious. I was in charge of being the funny one in our friendship. She didn’t allow herself to make any mistake so any possible relationship between her and me was killed because I wasn’t interested in the lifestyle she was carrying. When we were a couple Yoona taught me to work hard having fun, it was complicated but possible, so it made no sense for me to worry about everything like Seohyun did. This day I was extremely grateful to have known Seohyun, because I felt thanks to her I got the chance to see Yoona again. I spend the afternoon thinking about her. If anything she had gotten prettier. I heard by the doctors that Yoona had a perfect score in her entrance exam to the Medicine school, something I was really not surprised about. She was the Yoona I knew, except for something. I couldn’t understand why she pretended not to know me, why she avoided my gaze. I was going crazy wanting to ask her so many things. When it was finally eight I only saw Seohyun waiting for me.

 

“Hey” Seohyun yelled excited. I smiled.

 

“Hey” I answered trying to see if Yoona was around.

 

“So, where are we going? I guess I should treat you since you are kind of new here”

 

“What about Yoona…and Yuri?”

 

“Oh, they had some business to do. Yuri says she had a date and Yoona, well she wants to rest at home”

 

“Do you know where she lives?” Seohyun looks at me in a strange way.

 

“Yeah, she stays with me and Yuri, we share an apartment” She finally answers.

 

“I see. So maybe we can buy food and take it your house, just in case Yoona hasn’t eaten. What do you think?” Suddenly a noise distracts us, I turn around to see what it is but Seohyun takes my hand so I turn back again.

 

“You haven’t changed at all, you are still so nice. Yeah, let’s do that. I think I know what Yoona would like to eat” Seohyun replies smiling. I smile with her, I really like Seohyun, she is a nice person.

 

Yoona’s POV

I was going home when I realized I had forgotten something. A book I am reading currently. I realized about it when I was in the subway and I tried to take it out in order to read, I had to go back to the hospital because I cannot lose that book. I was almost at the entrance when I saw Seohyun and Jonging talking. I immediately hide but I still could hear them. Seohyun was so pretty that night. All I could think was how much she must really like Jongin. To be honest Seohyun has a good taste. Jongin is handsome, funny and a good person. He really is.

 

“Maybe we can buy food and take it your house, just in case Yoona hasn’t eaten. What do you think?”

 

“!” I let out. I immediately cover my mouth and run to the opposite direction, inside the building. I know I am doing so much noise but I have to hide. I open the first door I see when someone yells.

 

“Auch!”

 

Jonghyun POV

 

I hate the rules of the hospital. I am a night person. I don’t sleep at night. My body is used to work at night and rest during the day, but that’s not possible in a place like this. I was walking around the hospital when someone opened the door and hit me right in the forehead.

 

“Auch!” I yelled, not because the pain in my head, but because I was using crutch instead of the wheelchair so I lost the balance and ended up falling over my broken knee.

 

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry. Are you okay? Let me help you. Oh, no. It’s your knee. I’m so stupid. Let me… If I press here, does it hurt?” marshmallow nurse asks me worried. I smile she is so cute.

 

“Auch” I yell again, just to make fun of her but the look in her face shows me she is really worried.

 

“I’m going for a doctor, please don’t move, this can be really serious” She says standing up really fast. I grab her wrist and pull her towards me.

 

“Wait, I was joking, it doesn’t hurt, really” I assure her. She looks at me really mad but then worried again.

 

“Are you sure? Cause it’s still a bit swollen and since I hit a vain it could stop blood from circulating which means you could lose your leg”

"

What? Go, find the doctor and bring him right now!” I say paranoiac, but she smiles and sobs her tummy.

 

“Sorry, it’s not true, but you deserve it. Don’t play like this at this hour cause doctors are tired. If you pretend to be ill but you are really not, just think about the patients whose life’s are really at risk” I nod because I now she is right. “Ok, let’s go to your room. Let me help you”

 

“Are you still working?” I ask her while we are walking to my room.

 

“No, I was leaving”

 

“And you saw a ghost or something? You seemed pretty rushed” She looks at me as if deciding wheter to tell or not.

 

“I saw a ghost actually. And I am afraid that the ghost might remember me” She finally answers.

 

“Is the ghost bad or good?”

 

“It’s the best, that’s why I am afraid, because I made suffer that ghost, and I don’t want to make suffer anyone again. Specially him” She says sad. I look at her as we ahead to the door of my room.

 

“Well, I don’t know the complete situation, but I will tell you this.  A ghost can only appear if it has business unattended, so if you really want to get rid of this ghost you have to solve whatever issue you have with it”

 

“I thought you were just an immature person. I was mistaken. Thank you for breaking the rules and being outside your room when I needed you the most” She says smiling. This is the first time I fall for her. Maybe because I had never felt someone was so grateful towards me, or maybe just because she has a beautiful smile. “By the way, my name is Im Yoona”

 

Yoona’s POV

 

I took back my book and went straight home. I don’t know why I was so relieved when I talked about Jongin to someone. I noticed I had spent a lot of my time trying to hide him, but in just one night I was more relieved to actually had the opportunity to talk bout it. I thought that maybe my past was coming because I had unsolved business.

I smiled and took the book and started to read. I was walking back home with the book still in my hands when just outside my department someone said

 

“I thought the first time we met you said Until you wasn’t your favorite. Are you really Im Yoona?” Jonging asked me as I tried to hide the book. I finally gave up and held it right in front of him.

 

“I have read this book for three years because I once met someone who said this was a good book, and that I should give it a shot, and to be honest the more I read it the more I like it” I answered.

 

“I guess that man had a good taste then”

 

“No, the book is bad, it’s just that it reminds me of that man, that’s why I keep reading it”

 

“I thought you were mad a me, and that was the reason why you never talked again or pretended not to know me”

 

“I wasn’t mad at you, I was afraid. I still am, but I need to tell you that I don’t think anything of what happened has anything to do with you. It was me, I keep blaming myself and I don’t think you deserve that Jongin, because you are great, you are a good person and you deserve more” He comes and hugs me.

 

“I always thought you had the idea that I was too much of a good person. That’s what I liked you the most. That you always thought everyone had a good heart and good intentions. I don’t. I have bad intentions right now” He looks at me and slowly starts to close his eyes to kiss me. I look to the opposite direction to avoid that kiss and see Seohyun standing there, looking at us.

 

“What is going on?” She asks angry and sad.