Jonghyun's story

The Time I Fell In Love

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I really hate him. What I hate the most about him is that he is a good person, which makes me impossible to hate him. I hate the fact that my father loves him maybe even more than he loves me, but when I spend time with Seunghyun I can see why. I am two years older. My mother is a japanesse actress and my father the owner of a company. When I was around seven my parents got divorced, but my father was still living in Japan, so I spent most of my time with him. My mother never tought me to hate him, just the opposite. She would tell me how I should trust and love my father and I did, until he got married again.

 

My father was in a business trip in Korea, there she met a woman who had a seven year old kid. Her husband had died three years ago but she had inherited the actions of her deceased husband firm. She was also there for business. As told by my father it was an instant connection, so they spent the next two weeks being each others company. Then they continued meeting each other whenever my father had a trip to Korea, and in a couple of months they got married. I was dragged to another country to celebrate their wedding. I was really sad cause even though I was young I knew my mother had the hope to get back with my father, she was still in love with him so when she heard the news she cried in silence. When I traveled to Korea I met the son of my stepmother. He was a chubby seven years old kid. I instantly felt jealous about him and the way my father took care of that fatty. I mean, I was his real son and he was just the son of her new wife. Yet, Seunghyun tried to talk to me and be nice but I used every opportunity I had to make him feel bad about his appearance so when my father found out he scolded me like never before and I made sure to never go back to Korea.

 

As I was growing I became distant from my father. I couldn’t bear the fact that he had decided to  live in Korea. Each year he made three trips to Japan and in every trip he would stay for a month. Whenever he came I made up an excuse to not see him until we became more like strangers. Being with my father was drepressing to me. I was never able to forget how he had left me to live with a new family in another country. Still my father wanted me and Seunghyun to had a nice relationship so every year Seunghyun would come to spent summer vacations with me and my mother. When I was around seventeen and Seunghyun came he had gone under a total transformation. Suddenly he became as tall as me and lost a lot of weight, so all of my friends asked me his number. I was even more pissed at him. In that trip both went to a business camp, unfortunately we became roomies. Seunghyun was unpacking when a picture flew out his bag. I turned around for curiosity and saw her. Of course at that time I didn’t know I was going to end up over heels for her.  I didn’t know Seunghyun was going to become the bridge but also the wall between us.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

Nobody knows my father is actually my stepfather, not even Yoona. The reason is, sometimes I forget too. Since my mother got married again this man treated me as his real son. So I naturally called him dad and he called me son. He was there for my birthdays and school plays, presentations in school and great accomplishments. Yet my mother always told me the only thing that was really mine was what my father had left for me when he died, and the company and other business my new father had were for his real son, I actually liked that cause I didn’t feel pression on my shoulders. I could do what I wanted. My stepbrother was amazing. I was so jealous of him. He was always popular and handsome. He started modeling at the age of ten and everytime I went to Japan to visit him he had mastered something new: playing guitar, learning karate, the nickname as the MVP of his school, model of the year in Japan, etc. I never mentioned Yoona about him neither because even though I liked him I really felt we were strangers. I always tried to understand why he treated me like and every time I convinced myself he didn’t hate me as Seunghyun, but as the person whom his father had adopted as his son. Yet, when I became fifteen and my appereance changed I thought that would be the new window for us to become friends. That didn’t happen. We went together to a business camp my father was excited about. I was unpacking my things when a picture of Yoona and me hugging came out. Yoona had taken the picture two months before and then she decided to give it to me once she found I was going to be overseas for the summer. Jonghyun took the picture and saw it curious.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

“Who is she?” I asked whithouth shame. I was intrigued because I never heard Seunghyun had gotten a girlfriend.

 

“My girl” He answered taking the picture out of my hands. I found the gesture rude because Seunghyun was always polite with me.

 

“Do you pay her to date you?” I asked laughing. I know I was being a moron and to say I grew up doing whatever I wanted is no justification but I just hated that guy.

 

“No, I don’t. Unlike you I grew up with real friends”

 

“Really? Cause it seems you don’t have any”

 

“Maybe I have few but at least this girl like me for who I am and no for what I have or how I look”

 

“I don’t mind looking like this” I said pointing at my face “It is better that being a fatty” Seunghyun looked at me and smiled.

 

“Life really has messed with you really bad. I wouldn’t dare to fight with people I feel sorry for. If calling me a fatty makes you feel better then at least I will give you that joy” Seunghyun had a talent to make me the worst person, so I just looked at him annoyed, fist closed and went outside. He never came to Japan again.  We never spoke again for three years until the day I sent him a handwritten apology.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

I remember when I came back from that trip I was mad as hell. When Yoona asked me about the business camp I confessed her everything about my father and stepbrother.

 

“Wow, I have a whole new grade of respect for you Seunghyun. I mean, I would have punched his face for less” Yoona said adopting a boxing pose. I laughed watching her.

 

“No, I feel bad for him. If I place myself in his shoes I think I would hate myself too. I mean, he must think: Why does he get to live with my father? Why does he get his love? And somehow I think he might be right”  Yoona smiled at me and looked me with those eyes filled with the love she always gave me. Sometimes that look made me feel uncomfortable so I messed her hair and change the subject. After that Yoona and I never talked about Jonghyun again because I lost contact with him, until I entered university. That day I received a letter from Jonghyun.

 

Seunghyun, I know its been a while. I just…I am sorry for everything that happened between us. I know our relationship turned this way because of me, and my attitude towards you. I shouldn’t have said those things and I shound’t have treated you that way. It’s just that I don’t know what to do with all the rage I have inside. I feel like I hate you even though is not you fault. Anyways, I am working on that, please come anytime. I want us to be friends. To be honest I always liked you, you seem like a cool person and I could learn a lot from you.

 

Jonghyun

 

As I read the letter I smiled. I had heard from my father that Jonghyun was becoming a popular star in Japan, playing rock with his band and doing a lot of concerts; that they were even planning to do their debut in Korea.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I was a good student, I finished university just for my father, because he wanted me to have a degree, but I knew as soon as my band formed that I didn’t belong to a firm, at least not my youth. I wanted to do different things, I wanted to travel and know the world with the soundtrack of my own music, so I did. My mother was like me so she understood and soon I was able to live the life most people dream of. I also had the support of my father who even offered to be our manager if we decided to debut in Korea.

 

The next years were heaven, except when it came to my personal relationships. I wasn’t intrigued with the idea of love. Since my parents’ divorce in my mind didn’t exist ideas such as love, so when a girl came to me I would set things clear. To be honest I wasn’t looking for anything serious but most of the girls wanted to hang out with me so I never lost the chance. I was a spoiled child. My mother tried to cover the paternal figure by giving me maybe too much freedom. One night in particular my mother was coming back to the house when a girl I had sleep with was leaving. My mother looked at her and then at me completely angry. The girl (whose name I don’t even remember) smiled ashamed and left hurry.

 

“Lee Jong Hyun! How dare you to bring girls to my house like this” my mother yelled at me taking my ear between her fingers. I smiled because to be honest that wasn’t the first time. “If you want to have girls then buy a house or take them somewhere else. Jesus! Nowadays no one respect their elders. That … girl didn’t even greet me properly”

 

“Because I told her not to. Listen mom maybe I bring girls but that doesn’t mean they are something special. The day I present you one of them as my official girlfriend then its real, meanwhile I don’t want to have something serious, with no one. You are the only woman in my life ok?”

 

“My son, you really...can’t bring girls here. If I see you again you are grounded”

 

“Ok, ok” I said smiling and kissing my mom’s head.

 

Neither my mom or I knew at that time that it was going to take me some time before I met someone, but once I met her I became a whole new person. 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello subcribers!! I read a comment today and I decided to update the story. Truth is I has already finished written tis ff but I had a problem with my computer and I lost all my information. Since I was happy with the way it was before I don't feel able to write the exact same thing I had already written, that's why I decided to kind of start again since chapter three and write a new story based on what I had before. I am so sorry for those who had read the story till chapter five and found it good, but I hope you will like this new start as well. :)