The Strange Opinion of Those Who Don't Know

The Time I Fell In Love

Yoona’s POV

 

To be honest I had lost some of my social abilities, the main reason was I had no used them until Yuri and Seohyun started to talk to me, but that happened three years after Seunghyun’s dead.

 

To me Seohyun was a perfect girl. She was pretty, intelligent and wise. She was also kind and a good friend, but as soon as I was starting to love Yuri and Seohyun Jongin appeared.

 

“Jongin was my boyfriend in high school” I tell Seohyun. She is sitting in front of me arms crossed, waiting for an explanation.

 

“May I know why you didn’t tell me before? She asks sad.

 

“I’m sorry” Is the only thing I say. I am not used to give explain things to people.

 

“I know you are not the talking type but please, please tell me. I am giving you a chance. I don’t want to fight over a guy. You are my friend but you have to tell me”

 

“I’m sorry” is the only thing coming out of my mouth. Then I look at the floor, unable to say anything else. Seohyun looks at me as her eyes start to fill with water. “If you want me to go I’ll leave. If you don’t want to be my friend I understand” Seohyun starts to cry for real “It’s ok Seohyun, I understand” I could tell her everything, but I don’t want to. I can’t. How can I tell after all this time Seunghyun still lives in my thoughts?

 

“Just remember you made the decision. Oh, and Yoona… I really love Kai. I don’t care if you still love him or if he loves you, Kai will love me at the end” She tells me wiping the tears of her face.

 

“Do what you have to do. Good night” When I enter my room I lean on the bed. Tears come down really easy. I wonder when I changed so much. I remember that I haven’t talk to my father in a while. I remember I faded from Jongin’s life. I remember Seunghyun, the only possible person who could console me, is not here and the only thing I can do is cry silently.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

It’s really weird to see her in the morning. It’s like if she was a machine. But not even a machine like her can hide the pain so easily. Yoona is sitting in the grass early in the morning. It must be seven or seven thirty. I woke up early just because. I was planning to play my guitar in a quiet area when I saw her sitting there, looking at the horizon. I wasn’t planning to go and sit with her but just when I am about to leave she turns around and sees me. 

 

“Jonghyun” she whispers and then smiles. I stand froze. She turns again. This is the second time I fall for her. The fact that she didn’t say good morning, or what’s up? make me walk and seat next to her. She doesn’t turn around anymore, which makes me think she really doesn’t want to talk to me. I understand so I start to play my guitar. As I am playing and singing I see Yoona’s tears. I play for twenty more minutes until she turns around to see me. “Thank you” She says again while smiling bitterly. I nod.

 

 

Kai’s POV.

 

“I hope she is fine. Seohyun is a good girl, I will explain her everything and she will understand, she has to” That’s what I’ve been thinking since las night, after Seohyun saw me trying to kiss Yoona. I was about to explain everything when Yoona herself asked me to leave. I protested but it was obvious I couldn’t do much, so I left eventually. I came to the hospital early in the morning even tough I start working in another week because I know Yoona will be here, when I finally see her she is with a man.  This is a scene I have seen before, when Seunghyun was alive, when Yoona wasn’t my girlfriend. She used to hang around Seunghyun all day at school; those two were always together to the point they looked like a couple. I don’t know why, but this scene reminds me of those days.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

It is weird, it is really weird but this is just what I needed. Have you ever had the thought of living something again? Those days when Seunghyun played the piano for me and made me feel calm…that’s how I feel right now, being tranquilized by Jonghyun.

 

“Yoong!” someone calls. Both, Jonghyun and I turn around. “Hey, do you have a minute? We need to talk” Jongin tells me while walking to where we are seating.

 

“Jonging, hi. I don’t think this is the right time. Can we do it later” I say standing up.

 

“Why are you eyes so red? Have you been crying?” He asks me worried. I honestly don’t like his question. I think nobody likes to give explanations but this is worse because it involves Seohyun. 

 

“Oh, hello. Good morning” Jonghyun greets Jongin. He nods. “My name is Jonghyun”

 

“I am Kai. Good morning”

 

“Nice to meet you … Well, I think I will be going to my room. I need to rest” Jonghyun says as he tries to stand up. I immediately help him. “Thank you Marshmallow” He says smiling.

 

“You are welcome. Let me take you to your room” I smile back but Jongin pushes me aside.

 

“I will take him, don’t worry. If you can’t talk right now maybe we can meet at lunch” Jongin suggests.

 

“Sure, I’ll see you at lunch time but now let me take Jonghyun to his room. You are not working until next week. I appreciate your help though” I know he is not moving, but what can I do? I feel nothing, I feel so empty looking at him, not because I hate him but every time we are together someone gets hurt, so I try my best to remind yself I have no feelings for this man.  

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

Yoona is walking me to my room, but half the way a doctor comes to look for her. One of the children in her department is really bad. She excuses herself and runs to the other direction.

 

When I arrive my room the doctor is already waiting for my daily check up.

 

“Everything seems fine but just to be sure why don’t you hire a nurse to help you? Just for two months or so. I’m specially concerned because unlike other patients you are very active and putting you to rest is not an option so I was thinking maybe you will need extra care” the doctor advices me. “I can ask Seohyun if she can do it”

 

“Let me think about it first”

 

“It’s up to you but I think that will be the best”

 

I sleep for two hours and the go to the roof to smoke. Gosh, I missed smoking so much. Yonghwa has told me a million times that it will ruin my voice, but I don’t care. I love the sensation. I am slowly turning off the cigarette because even I know it’s forbidden so smoke in the hospital and I don’t want to be caught. I am about to leave when I hear Seohyun’s voice in the hallway.

 

“I heard you said you couldn’t come today to the hospital. You seem perfectly fine tough”

 

“Jongin you were the one who called me. You said you wanted to see me”

 

“Yes I wanted to see you, mo like I want to ask you. Why did you tell Yoona to leave the apartment?”

 

“So Yoonas has already told you”

 

“Listen Seohyun. You don’t know what happened with her and me and Seung…Never mind, if Yoona didn’t tell you anything then it’s not my position to say something. I will just tell you that you are doing a big mistake. Yoona is a good girl”

 

“How can you be so cruel? Why can’t you even consider me? Have you asked me how I feel? I know you had feelings for her in the past but people change you know? She is not the same person you once loved…”

 

“I still love her”

 

“What?”

 

“Even if Yoona never accepts me she is the one”

 

Kai’s POV

 

She is not coming. Was she lying? Does she really hate me? She doesn’t want to see me? Why? Why isn’t she coming.

 

“Wow, some things just don’t change” Yoona finally appears taking a seat in front of me. I raise my head surprised.

 

“You are here” Is the dumb thing I say with an stupid high pitch in my voice.

 

“I just realized the girls sitting in the cafeteria cant stop looking at you. To be honest I woudn’t be surprised if at east three came with the excuse of borrowing a chair form this table”

 

“Nah…four came” I say smiling. Yoona lets out a sight.

 

“Told you, some things just don’t change” She says opening the paper bag where her breakfast is.

 

“Too bad that’s not the case with you and me” I smoothly say, Yoona leaves her apple aside. “I wish things between us were like before”

 

“I don’t regret it. I once read we are always where we supposed to be. We are not an exception cause we are not special”

 

“You really have changed”

 

“I have, and you have to, so there is no point in pretending to be who we were once” Yoona is looking at the floor, so I take her chin in mi hand an raise her head.

 

“Still, no matter if I don’t know you, I still like you” She smiles and taked my hand in hers.

 

“I appreciate it, but I can’t. I can’t be selfish. Maybe you and I are going to end up together who knows? It’s just that right now it’s not the moment. It doesn’t feel right”

 

“Because of Seunghyun? Or because of Seohyun”

 

“Because of me. Four years ago I was so sure of my feelings for you that I decided to go against the entire school just to be with you, that’s not the case right now. I am not sure I want to loose Seohyun’s friendship because I some memories of how I felt as a teenager”

 

“So that’s it. You don’t love anymore”

 

“I’m sorry”

 

“Don’t, cause you are going to love me soon. I’ll make you. Just like I did that time. I’ll prove you I’m worthy” I say hitting the table with my fist.

 

“Shh!” Yoona tries to calm me down.

 

“Be ready tonight. I will pick you up at seven ok? And you need to be super extra pretty cause we are going to a piano concert. So I’ll pick you in your apartment”

 

“Please calm down. First I am not going anywhere, I have to stay in the hospital at night, and second, I don’t live there anymore. After what happened I decided I should start looking for my own place. And third, a piano concert is not going to change my mind ¡, so if you are done I am going. See you around Jongin” She stands up and leaves. I see her going out of the cafeteria with a mile on my face. This is not the ideal scenario but at least I talked to her, and I made her laugh. The only thing I am worried is about where is she staying. I know leaving was not her idea, something tells me it has to do with Seohyun, so Iook for her.  The doctor tells me she is resting at home cause she is sick so I call her and decide to meet her in the hospital. I need to settle things with her.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

This is the first time in my life I acted so nosy. I know I shouldn’t have listened a personal conversation but I couldn’t help it. If my reasoning was correct Yoona and Seohyun were in love with the same man, he loved Yoona and Seoyun was annoyed, so she took Yoona out of the apartment they shared, and now she was determined to steal that man away from Yoona. I wasn’t supposed to play a role in the fight between the three of them, but when I heard in the hallway all of the young nurses complaining about Yoona dating the son of the owner of the hospital I tought it was too much. Why was she getting so much hate? Not only from Seohyun but also from all of the young ladies from here I grew curious, so I asked a nurse who came to bring me food.

 

“Thank you for the food” I said as soon as she finished putting the tray in my table. The lady got surprised because aside from the doctors, Seohyun and Yoona I didn’t talk to anyone. But when I showed my gratitude she smiled at me widely and noded. “Too bad you have to do this since Seohyun is sick”

 

“My pleasure. To be honest we fought over who should come to give you your food” I laughed a bit.

 

“I heard you fighting over something else”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Do you know the Marshmallow nurse?”

 

“Ah, yeah. We were not fighting. We just think she is a bit…weird. Since she came she only talks to Yuri and Seohyun. We tried to be friendly eith her but she ignired us. We even thought she wasn’t going to last that much because she had to work with children but surprisingly they love her. Eventually we all stoped to pay attention to her, but the entire students are interested again because there is rumor that she betrayed Seohyun. Oh, sorry. You must not care about this” I become nosy for the second time in my life.

 

“No, please, continue”

 

“Well, Seohyun is girlfriend the owner of the hospital, not the owner the son of the owner. He came yesterday and when he saw Yoona he asked her out. Yoona knew he was the boyfriend of her friend and she still went out with him, he even came today in the morning to have lunch with her and some people saw him breaking up with Seohyun after. We feel sorry for Seohyun, what kind of friend is that? Don’t you think?

 

“Wow, people really like to talk”

 

“What?” I sigh.

 

“Nothing, thank you for telling me. Do you think you can call the doctor? I think I have decided whom I want to be my personal nurse”

 

Yoona’s POV

 

I am playing with one of the children that had a relapse. Jenga is hher favorite. Soo Hyung is here too. We are so focused that we startle when the door opens

 

“Hey Marshmallow!!” Jonghyun enter yelling. “I have a question for you!!” Is this really the man who calm me down today in the morning? “Would you like to be my personal nurse?” He is smiling fully.