Of Yoona and Seunghyun

The Time I Fell In Love

Yoona’s POV

 

The first time I met Seunghyun was fate, actually everything in our relationship has been fate. Seunnghyun is from a rich family.  My father is Seunghyun’s father driver and since we didn’t have a place to stay we were offered to live there in Seunghyun’s house as part of the personnel.  It was awkward to live in a place that is not really your place but that’s the way I grew up.  The first time I met Seunghyun he was ten years old and I was six.  The house was going trough chaos because of the anniversary of Seunghyun’s parents; everything got worse when Seunghyun got sick. He woke up that day with tons of fever so her mother (who actually loves him like crazy) tried to cancel everything until he got better but her husband (who actually loves Seunghyun like mad) told her to call the doctor and wait to see if Seunghyun could make it to the party.  The doctor came and said it was just a cold but he was going to need medication, the problem was nobody could give it to him because everyone was deadly busy with the party so I was the one in charge to made sure he took his medicine.  I remember I was angry; I wanted to help in the party because that was way exciting that helping the owner of the house to take his medicine.  My boring job was to make sure he had the medicine and water he needed every four hours.  At eight in the morning my father woke me up and told me to take the water to Seunghyun I looked at him with all the rage a six years old girl can have.  I took the glass and started to walk upstairs slowly, biting my lips.

 

"What is the rule Yoona?" my father asked me when he saw I was really angry.

"Everything you do, do it by heart" I answered lazily.

"Good, that’s the rule, so now go there with a smile, who knows?  Maybe you en up doing a new friend" turns out my father was right.

 

The first time I met Seunghyun was fate and we became best friends just like that.

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

The first time I met Im Yoona was like meeting an angel.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  I was ten years old and she was six. I was lying in bed, I wasn’t sleeping but I had my eyes closed when I heard little steps.  Just like those steps I opened my eyes slowly and saw a little girl with a red dress on carrying a tray with my medicine and water.  I was surprised because it was still morning.  I incorporated with my heavy and tired body ( I was a chubby boy back then).

 

"Don’t.  I just came to give you your medicine.  I’ll put it here and come back in four hours with another tray and take this one back" the little girl said trying to sound like a doctor.  She turned around proud of herself but stumbled with her own feet and fell.  I saw the little tears coming down her face although she didn’t cried out loud.

"Hey, are you alright? Don’t cry. Here, I’ll give you something you will like" I said taking out a doll my mother had given me because she thought my spider man would like to have a girlfriend. Yoona took the Barbie in her hands and smiled hugging the doll.  I really don’t know why I smiled looking at her.  Maybe because when I received that Barbie I almost threw it annoyed.

"Are you really really going to give this doll to me?" Yoona asked with her characteristic doe eyes shinning.  That was the first time I saw sparkles in her eyes.

"Well, of course, barbies belong to girls"

"But I am a girl and I don’t have barbies"

"That’s why I am giving you this" I said pointing at the doll.  Yoona smiled wider.

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

That was my first and only Barbie. 

 

"Would you like to play with me and my new Barbie?" I asked Seunghyun when I was sure he wasn’t joking about giving me the doll.

"I don’t know…"

"Please, I don’t have many friends at school"

"Why?"

"The girls in my school always bring their toys, since I don’t have any I can’t play with them"

"Me too.  Well…almost.  I have a lot of toys but the kids in my school wan to play football and I am just too fat to play, I can’t run I can’t jump, they always tease me about that" Seunghyun looked at me once again "Ok, let’s play"

 

I spent the four hours I was supposed to help in the kitchen playing with Seunghyun and I discovered I loved action figures instead of dolls.  In a sense Seunghyun influenced the person I became.  After that day always, after school, I would return to Seunghyun’s house change my uniform and go to his room to play, until, after almost six months of that routine Seunghyun started to pick me up at school.  Well, his driver, which was one of my dad’s friend picked Seunghyun first and then they would go to my school to pick me up too.  The girls in my school thought I was rich and I became popular until the first years of high school, when they discovered my father was the driver of a rich man and accused me of lying.

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

Six years had gone.  I had physically changed.  When I was around fifteen I lost a lot of weight and grew taller, but I kept growing and growing still at sixteen, when Yoona was twelve. For six years, she was my only friend so I saw her as my little sister.  I begged my father to pay for her school since she was a brilliant student, always at the top of her class.  We studied in the same high school with the only difference that when she was entering I was graduating. My father went to my graduation party, Yoona’s father went too, as my father’s driver.  The girls in her classroom saw her and made fun of her.  I remember that day she came crying.

 

"Seunghyun, I don’t want to go to that school.  They are rich girls and make fun because my father is a driver"

"Who cares Yoona?  I told you before didn’t I? You are my sister.  The only sibling I have.  If they want to make fun of you… Well, we are going to think about something"

 

My plan was simple. I presented myself the next day as Yoona’s boyfriend. It was a good plan since I was older and handsome (I wasn’t chubby anymore).  Like I used to I went to pick her up but this time I got off the car and in front of everybody I carried her bag.  I leaned and gave Yoona a forehead kiss.  She smiled and took my arm.  I asked Yoona who were the girls that made fun of her and I went to talk to them.

 

"I heard you are teasing my girlfriend.  I would like if you stop" I held Yoona’s hand and kissed it. "If you don’t I’ll come back and take care of it myself" I turned around still holding Yoona and we went inside the car both were excited, screaming and celebrating.

"Did you see their faces?   You are really the best Choi Seunghyun"  Yoona said and kissed my cheek. I kept smiling but after that she just kept quiet embarrassed.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

When I kissed his cheek I felt butterflies.  I was completely stupid because I was a twelve years old girl but I couldn’t help it. I felt weird because he was my best friend but it didn’t matter.  I felt shy because he was four years older but it waesn’t important.  I kept thinking until we arrived Seunghyun’s house.  I acted strange after that day for almost one month.  First I fought agains the feeling of me liking him, but every time I looked at him I wondered how I never noticed he was handsome, it wasn’t helping the fact that we weren’t real siblings.  I kept avoiding him until one day, after that month Seunghyun asked what was going on.

 

"I think I like you" I said.  I couldn’t hide it anymore. He looked at me and laughed.

"Nooo" He said playing.

"I am serious.  I know it was just a strategy to stop those girls of laughing bout me but… I don’t know"

"But you are my little sister"

"So you don’t see me as anything else?"

"No, I mean, you are younger than me"

"I see. I am just a girl.  You are right. I’ll get over this" I pretended not to be offended.  Seunghyun was the first person I loved.  Years after I still remember the first time a boy rejected me, it was my best friend, because for the next six years I continued loving him in silence.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

When Yoona confessed her feelings I thought she was joking.  I felt weird when she said she liked me.  I didn’t like her back, at least not in that way.  She was my little sister, she was my best friend, and she was like.. the best dude. I never thought I could see her as something else, but I was wrong. I don’t know when it happened though. Maybe when she turned fifteen and we spent the whole day together.  Maybe when she turned sixteen and we went to dance.  She looked absolutely beautiful.  Maybe when I turned eighteen and decided to take a year before going into university to decide my major (honestly I wanted to take a year to wait for Yoona, since she was smart she was going to enter in university at seventeen, when I was twenty one and we could spent two years as classmates, as equals). Maybe when I turned nineteen and we kissed for the first time, although it wasn’t my first kiss it was the only one that made my heart race.  I never noticed my true feelings until today. 

 

We are already in university (she is eighteen and I am twenty-two) and we take two classes together. In advanced mathematics (a class that I only take to spent time with Yoona) at seven in the morning Yoona told me she wants to have dinner with me.  At six pm of that same day I was already waiting for her when she appeared, looking gorgeous behind her is a tall, perfectly tanned and popular guy from the university.

 

"Seunghyun!! Sorry, I forgot how obsessive you are with punctuality"  Yoona says.

"It’s ok baby, I haven’t wait too long" I answer.  I am used to call Yoona like that since I became eighteen and she was still fourteen. I used to tell her she was still a baby when I was already a man. 

"Seunghyun, you are the first one I am telling this.  I want to introduce you to my boyfriend Kai"  and that’s when I realize.  I realize I am love with Im Yoona as I hear the sound of my heart breaking.