Ch. [09]

Swing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae didn’t have the time to enjoy the silence that surrounded his room because he was worried about Zhoumi’s and Kyuhyun’s date. He whined for himself and sighed as he simply went to rest on his bed over his stomach, hugging a pillow.

He didn’t know when he fell asleep but as soon as he opened his eyes, he had Kyuhyun’s face just an inch away from his. “-” he jumped up scared, backing away as much as possible.

“I’ve been calling you ever since like an hour ago,” Kyuhyun said, walking towards the desk to place a bag on it. “I brought you a hamburger because I didn’t know what else you would like and Zhoumi seemed a little mad when I asked him so yeah,” he stretched his arms and neck before sitting at the edge of the bed.

Hyukjae sighed softly and moved aside, making space for Kyuhyun. “How was it?”

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow and looked at Hyukjae before lying down by his side. “How was, what?”

“Your date,” Hyukjae smiled. “How was it?”

“Why are you so jealous?” Kyuhyun laughed. “It wasn’t a date,” he insisted. “We just went to grab some food, just like always.”

“I’m not jealous,” Hyukjae rolled his eyes and bit his lower lip as he turned towards his cellphone, grabbing it to quickly send some text to Zhoumi.

“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called after a few seconds of being quiet. His voice was serious and Hyukjae looked away from his screen to turn towards the other.

“What?” Hyukjae asked annoyed, actually feeling anxious because the taller was being too serious. Kyuhyun’s eyes were closed and he sighed out deeply.

“Why did you agree on having with me?” Kyuhyun asked serious, opening his eyes and turning to finally meet Hyukjae’s eyes. “When I lent you those notes, why did you agree on having with me? I don’t recall making you do it.”

Hyukjae gasped softly and felt a slight blush go up his cheeks. “I-” he bit his lower lip and turned away. “I was really happy because I had gotten a really high grade because of your notes… you literally wrote down the answers of all the questions so I had it easy… if not for you, I would have failed the course and there goes to my curriculum!”

Kyuhyun frowned slightly, almost unnoticeable as he also pursed his lips before speaking again. “Just because of your grade?”

“Well,” Hyukjae chuckled and looked up the ceiling. “It was the initial objective,” he closed his eyes and sighed out softly. “I really thought I owed you something and if that’s the way you receive payments, then that’s alright with me.”

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae’s profile. He didn’t know why he felt mad listening those words but he frowned deeper. “Really?” he asked. “Not even because you liked me or something?”

Hyukjae opened his eyes and turned towards Kyuhyun. He could feel his heart starting to beat faster but he knew everything he said to Kyuhyun would definitely be used against him in the future. Of course he had thought Kyuhyun was hot when he first saw him half . Ever since he found out about who Kyuhyun really was, he has been noticing how great his features are or even his good posture. The taller man was definitely a handsome man and he didn’t doubt a second anyone would give him in change of nothing.

“Me?” Hyukjae laughed it out, trying to cover up the fact that he actually was becoming a little anxious at the question. “Of course not,” he continued. “Why would I like someone who never lets me sleep because he’s having with every human being that steps in front of his door?”

It took only a few seconds for Kyuhyun to be over Hyukjae, both of his hands by each side of Hyukjae’s head as the other looked up with wide eyes, gasping softly. “Are you sure you don’t like me?” Kyuhyun asked looking down at the smaller, frowning deeply.

Hyukjae held the sheets under him firmly, gulping silently before realizing he had been holding his breath and he smiled, trying to hide his nervousness. “I’ve seen everything about you, Kyuhyun,” he said, chuckling as Kyuhyun frowned deeper, pursing his lips tightly. “And there are only two or three things I may like,” he pushed Kyuhyun away slightly. “I cannot like someone who is constantly annoying me.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and laid down once more, groaning. “I’m pretty handsome, you know? Everyone would give up everything just to be like this with me.”

“I’m lucky, then,” Hyukjae laughed, sitting up and standing up because he was sure he was blushing madly and he didn’t want the other to realize it. “To be with one handsome and smart man,” he smiled at the other and walked to the desk, finally taking out the food Kyuhyun had brought for him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter