Ch. [08]

Swing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ouch…,” Kyuhyun groaned lowly, flinching slightly in pain.

“I’m sorry,” Zhoumi sighed. “But how did you manage to get this?” He asked, trying to cover Kyuhyun’s eye bruise with makeup. “It looks… really painful…”

“It is painful,” Kyuhyun frowned and glared at the man barely peeking from behind Zhoumi’s back. “Hyukjae head-butted me.”

Hyukjae gasped as Zhoumi turned towards him with an expression that either seemed mad and infuriated for ruining Kyuhyun’s perfect face, or confused and disturbed as of why would he do that. “You did, what?”

Hyukjae started panicking as he saw Kyuhyun smirking at him. “I-” He cleared his throat, smiling apologetically. “It was late and he came by and surprised me when I was off guard so I got scared and head-butted him because I thought he was a ert and would me or ask for in change of notes or something…”

Zhoumi raised an eyebrow and sighed, turning around to keep on covering Kyuhyun’s bruise. “Kyu, don’t do that ever again. Hyukjae is really strong,” he said, smiling almost lovingly to him.

“It’s alright,” Kyuhyun smiled to Zhoumi and Hyukjae bit the inside of his cheek. The way Kyuhyun smiled at the tallest of them was as loving as Zhoumi did. He looked down and clenched his fists, sighing out softly. “Also,” Kyuhyun continued, making Hyukjae turn up and realize Kyuhyun was looking at him, smirking. “Hyukjae told me he would invite me out to have something to eat as an apology.”

“Really?” Zhoumi turned around, frowning at Hyukjae, as if blaming him for taking away his man.

Hyukjae frowned at Kyuhyun before Zhoumi turned and he laughed nervously. “I was just about to tell you,” he said. “We had planned on you coming with us. You’ll come, right?”

Zhoumi seemed a little more alleviated. “Of course,” he said, finally smiling brightly.

After only a few minutes, Zhoumi was finally done and Kyuhyun stood up, looking at himself in the mirror. The bruise was still there, but it couldn’t be seen at first. One would have to look at it carefully to find it. “Thanks Mi,” he said, smiling at Zhoumi who just smiled back brightly.

“No problem, Kyu,” Zhoumi said softly.

After a few more minutes, they finally greeted goodbye and Hyukjae walked to his next class. “Where do you think you’re going?” Kyuhyun asked as he appeared by his side.

“Class,” Hyukjae sighed softly. “And apparently, you too.”

“We’re in the same class, idiot,” Kyuhyun said, walking side by side.

“No need to remind me,” Hyukjae groaned. “And what was that about going out to eat?” He asked, partly annoyed. “You may be free, but I have an essay to finish today and I won’t leave it for tomorrow, I’m planning on actually studying.”

“I’ll help you later,” Kyuhyun shrugged. “I finished mine already.”

“When do you even get the time to work?” Hyukjae asked, truly curious. “You’re always ing people around, how do you even get to attend classes and not fall asleep?”

“I’m magic, that’s why,” Kyuhyun grinned, making Hyukjae laugh softly.

“You wish,” he said, rolling his eyes. “I’ll find out how you do it later.”

Kyuhyun hummed, finally stepping into the auditorium. “So, can we eat sushi later?”

------------------------------------

The class was about discussion and they were set in pairs. Kyuhyun and Hyukjae decided it was a great idea for them to be together and strangely enough, Hyukjae actually had fun doing their work. They were efficient and were the first ones to end, getting also a hundred points in the review.

Kyuhyun was firm in his opinions and he usually backed them up with many sources. Hyukjae was the one to always reach a great conclusion and together, they made quite a great team. “We should work together more often,” Kyuhyun said, sticking his belongings inside his bag as the teacher allowed them to leave almost an hour before since they had finished their work. “You give me extra time to do anything but be in class.”

Hyukjae laughed, humming as he waited for Kyuhyun, already having his bag on his shoulders. “And you give me perfect scores,” he said. “You should indeed help me with my essay due to next Monday.”

“I’ll give you mine too, so you can review it,” Kyuhyun sighed. “Let’s go to the cafeteria, I need something to drink or I’ll die in here.”

Hyukjae hummed, turning around as Kyuhyun joined his side.

They spent almost the entire day together, almost the entire week. Since they shared the two most difficult classes and some others, they were great supporting each other, complementing their works and quizzes and always reviewing each other’s essays and projects.

Almost every day, they ate with Zhoumi and Siwon. Heechul, Leeteuk and Kangin were only going for their thesis reviews, so they didn’t show up often.

“Hyuk!” Zhoumi called, grinning widely as he ran towards Hyukjae, who was calmly taking a few books from the library.

“Zhoumi! Hello!” Hyukjae greeted, grinning widely.

The past weeks, Kyuhyun has limited his night activities, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter