Ch. [06]

Swing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae came into the first class of the semester. It was told that class was so difficult, that some took it exclusively in the entire semester. He was conscious that he would probably have to give up on other classes to pass that one, but it had so many credits that his curriculum was going shine after passing it.

He looked around, he was twenty minutes early because according to the rumors, the teacher was so strict and full of herself that she arrived ten minutes earlier and didn’t allow students to come in after her.

Hyukjae found a familiar figure and he chuckled, walking through the small stadium to sit by the other’s side.

The male had his head down, resting his head over his arms and books, just in the middle of the auditorium. “Hey…,” Hyukjae greeted, not knowing if the other was sleeping or not. “Is this how you get through your everyday by not sleeping at all at night?”

“Shut up,” Kyuhyun groaned, straightening up only to reveal a tired face. “I got drunk last night, remember?”

Hyukjae laughed softly. “Ah, right,” he nodded. “You started making out with that girl/boy… I didn’t know what it was in reality,” he chuckled. “You were lucky Zhoumi didn’t see it, he would have been really disappointed.”

“I don’t care,” Kyuhyun said. “What are you doing here?”

Although Kyuhyun was right, and their night together had only been casual , Hyukjae couldn’t stop himself from remembering every once in a while. It was impossible to not feel anything for Kyuhyun at all and he wanted to believe it was the same for the other.

He wasn’t stupid. Hyukjae knew that Kyuhyun glanced at him from time to time, although he wouldn’t know if he didn’t do so before they had that night. He also knew ignoring him and pretending he didn’t care was a great way to attract Kyuhyun’s attention. Inverse psychology always worked and Kyuhyun wasn’t that brilliant as to avoid it.

Yet, Hyukjae had come to the conclusion that they didn’t need any kind of attachments. To the contrary, that being just friends would also be alright. He started thinking about why Kyuhyun was that way and how much effort it was to keep his life a secret. Being lonely would be a good reason, but Kyuhyun had great friends he trusted, and he knew because Zhoumi was one of them and he remembers the tall man being worried because Kyuhyun talked about him about his unsolved problems.

Whatever it was, if Kyuhyun didn’t want to tell him, he would just be casual about it.

“I’m taking this class,” Hyukjae smiled. “Good for my curriculum,” he said as he arranged his notebook and books on the desk.

Kyuhyun sighed softly. “It’s good,” he said. “I’ll usually sleep at this time so you’ll be in charge of waking me up when the witch comes,” he said, already preparing himself to lie down.”

“It must be really tiring to have the life you have,” Hyukjae said. “How many curses are you taking this semester?”

“Six,” Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head. “Not that tiring,” he said. “It’s a little more tiring talking to you.”

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “Whatever,” he said, turning to the front to wait for the teacher to come.

Just a few minutes later, the women came in, closing the door after her. The silence was almost painful. Hyukjae started feeling nervous and he turned towards Kyuhyun, who looked almost interested in his surroundings. “Take out a piece of paper,” the woman instructed and Hyukjae gasped.

Those were the most feared words for a college student.

The surprise exam was hard. It was way too hard.

The questions were so specific and difficult that they would be answered with just one word and yet, Hyukjae didn’t review any of the topics of the curse. He glanced towards Kyuhyun, who was calmly writing down his answers and he wondered if the taller had studied before or if he was just writing nonsense.

Whatever it was, Kyuhyun had answered the ten questions provided and he had none. “Five minutes,” the woman said after giving them only ten to answer all.

He looked down at his paper, if the class was going to be that hard, the most probable was that he would have to give it up and stick to his other classes. He sighed out deeply when the mark of three minutes hit and he gave up. He knew nothing.

Hyukjae gasped as he saw a paper slid down in front of him on his table and he saw how Kyuhyun’s hand took his own exam instead, quickly answering it too.

He looked down at the paper with Kyuhyun’s name written on it and he raised his eyebrows. He didn’t know if the answers were correct, but he was sure he would have never b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter