Ch. [02]

Swing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been three nights, a record in Hyukjae’s perspective, that his dorm neighbor hasn’t had any extremely noisy night activities and he was more than thankful for it. Although he couldn’t sleep properly, studying hard for his finals, he really appreciated being able to do so in the comfort of his own room.

He looked at his own notebook. He has been copying everything from Kyuhyun’s notebook to return it as soon as possible and although he could take copies, he’s rather copy them to at least learn something from it.

It was too much.

Kyuhyun seemed to have everything the teacher said in those sacred pages. Hyukjae had no idea how he did it but there were even notes in red and blue that were easily understood and his handwriting was neat and well done. Those were some precious notes that Hyukjae in there. The notes in red seemed to have been added after everything else and Hyukjae thought it was probably key points of the topics.

It took him almost five days to finally finish copying them all and in all those days he didn’t go to have lunch with anyone nor did anything that could cause him lose his precious time for the hardest course in the entire campus.

At some point, Hyukjae felt like the king of Monetary Economics, knowing it all until Zhoumi asked him something he didn’t know and he had to read about five hours to finally answer that question, making him spend nights and days in the library surrounded by the last copies of useless books for him because everything else had been taken away already by other students desperate to pass the test as much as him.

His eating habits changed drastically for a whole week in which he had to order pizza and water because otherwise he couldn’t continue reading. He still had a few classes to attend and he had to take obligated showers so those were his breaks for relaxation without thinking on anything else.

Heechul always sent him vitamins and scolded him for not taking a good care of his own body but as soon as Hyukjae convinced him it was until the test finished, he would be better and Heechul rolled his eyes, leaving him alone for only a few days.

He still could sleep well. As soon as he could he slept four or six hours, which were enough ever since he started having bad sleeping habits because of his annoying and promiscuous neighbor.

The day of the exam, Hyukjae made sure to put at least twenty different alarms for him to be able to wake up and not let the hour pass by him.

As soon as he woke up, he spent twenty minutes deactivating all of them.

Finally the day had come and everyone was in there extremely early, fearing that the woman would arrive sooner than expected and start the exam without telling anyone else. “Are you nervous?” Zhoumi asked as he sat down by Hyukjae’s side.

“Are you kidding me? I think I’ll get a heart attack soon,” Hyukjae replied, feeling his own hands trembling from how anxious he felt.

Zhoumi wanted to laugh but he was also feeling anxious and he couldn’t even do so. Looking at the front, they gasped as they saw the witch come in with a bunch of papers in her hands and a stern look that told them it wasn’t going to be easy on them.

It was still twenty minutes before the actual class hour but the woman was already giving the papers to everyone, being considerate because otherwise they wouldn’t have time to finish it in just three hours.

“,” Hyukjae sighed out as he finally received his paper and before even starting to read it, he closed his eyes and breathed in and out deeply, letting the paper down because it was too obvious his hands were trembling and after a few seconds, he finally opened his eyes to look at the words written on them.

Hyukjae had studies everything, almost memorizing the entire notebook Kyuhyun had lent to him and he was at the verge of tears when looking at what he had to answer in there. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter