Chapter 13

Things Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Baekhyun's Perspective) "So do you want to come over for dinner?" I asked in a calm tone, I was trying to keep my cool. I was starting thinking that Tao was the one for me, I wanted to introduce him to my family as more than just a science partner. I didn't think that was going to happen any time soon though.

Tao sighed and thought to himself. I smiled to hear his sweet breath through the phone.

"Sure, I doubt my step-dad will want to come at all, he's a big homophobe. I'll ask Luhan and my mom, though." I smiled at his response. Maybe we can spend some more time together, to test our true feelings.

"Alright. I'll see you at 6?" I asked as I played with my hair that needed a trim.

"Why not?" He responded and chuckled under his breath. I felt warm on the inside.

"Seeya then." I hung up and felt my heart beat through my sweater with my hand. I let go of my phone, and it fell on the floor. I wiped the sweat from my forehead, is this what love is? A thud came from the kitchen or the living room, causing me to jump. I sat up and slipped on my slippers since the floor was cold. Once I got to the kitchen, I noticed my mom had fallen from the stool. I rushed to help her up, and she smiled at me.

"Thank you for helping me up, Baekhyun. My foot is a little hurt, I think my ankle might be twisted?" She said and sat up to look at her foot. She raised her eyebrows as she felt around for any bruising. I just stayed silent. "Actually, I don't think there is any injuries! Never mind then. But thank you for helping." I lifted her hand and helped her stand a little bit more stable, and she just smiled. "So what time do you think Tao is coming over?" My mom asked while we sat down on the couch.

"I asked for 6 and he said why not, so I think 6 is good!" I looked at her and crossed my legs in a comfortable position.

"Alright, it's about 12:30 right now, so why don't you go get some groceries from the store for some BBQ pork mandu?" She suggested. I nodded and smiled while she said the name of the dish. My favorite. After coming back from the store, I parked in the drive way, and saw my sister standing in the door way. She crossed her arms, like always, and pursed her lips.

"What now?" I passed her by nudging her arm and she furrowed her brows.

"Mom was waiting for you, Baekhyun." She closed the front door behind us and walked in front of me again once I put the groceries on the table.

"Well, I'm here aren't I? There must be something else you want." I looked at her and crossed my arms as well.

"Mom's ankle is swelling and she is laying down, so we have to make dinner." She rolled her eyes at the thought of working with me. As A+ students, we know what it's like to work together with people that slack off. She believed I wouldn't work as hard as her for dinner. Not when the dinner is for someone I love!

"I make good mandu, stand back little sister." I lied. I pushed her out of the way and got out all of the vegetables and pork. She pushed me and got out the pre-made dough.

"You don't even know how to cook! I always cook with mom, and help her prepare mandu when she makes it! You don't do anything!" She started raising her voice. I smirked and sat down at the table.

"Okay if you insist!" I raised my eyebrows as she rolled her eyes at me. She waved her arm to beckon me and I stood up.

"Come on, we have to work together." She pursed her lips and rolled her eyes again to avoid eye contact. She tried to hide her smile through pursing her lips sassily. I could see right through her little fit.

"Oh, so now you want me to help?" I smirked once again and she thought this was completely awkward. She kneaded the dough while I chopped up the pork and cooked it. Then, she mixed the sauce, and chopped up the veggies. Once the mandu was almost done, it was just finishing up steaming, the door bell rang. Mom was in the living room already, feeling a lot better, so she answered it. I peeked my head over from my phone to see Tao, his mom, and Luhan. I smiled and ran to Tao. I had no idea why, but I missed him so much already. He was looking so much better, from lifeless in a hospital bed, to absolutely the most beautiful human being. I hugged him sweetly, and pulled away, I thought I was being a bit too clingy.

"Someone is excited to see me." He smirked at me, and pat my head as he walked into my living room. I just smiled, grateful for his existence.

"Sorry we came a few hours early, we just were handling this one, he was so excited to come." Tao's mom pointed to him, and Tao blushed. I smiled at him as we sat down on the couch together.

"Oh, that's fine, the BBQ pork mandu is almost done anyway. You don't want to eat it cold, do you?" My mom teased. She had always got along with Tao's mom, it had just been so long since they had even communicated. We stopped being friends about 5 years before.

While we were eating our mandu, Tao was on the left side of me, and Luhan was on the other side of him, silent, he didn't really have any reason to be here. I slipped my hand underneath the table, and felt around for Tao's hand. I slid my thin fingers in between his, and locked our hands. Tao looked at me, his cheeks puffed and filled with mandu, and started to blush. I took a bite of mandu and continued listening to our moms t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter