Chapter 11

Things Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Baekhyun's POV)

A call from Luhan? The only reason I had him in my contacts was because of Chanyeol and Kai, and also because Tao and I used to be friends, that's his brother. It had been such a crazy night last night, I can barely even remember what happened. Taeyeon pulled me into a sloppy drunken kiss, then I pulled away and saw Tao run from the door frame. I didn't even greet him, he just left.

"Hello?" I picked up the call with a casual tone. I wondered what he was calling me for, we never even talk.

"Hello, Baekhyun? Um, this is Luhan. I just wanted to tell you that Tao is in the hospital on 32nd street. I don't know if you want to see him or anything, I just figured I would tell you." Luhan piped up once I answered the phone. My heart dropped to my stomach and I quickly slipped on my man sandals so I could rush to the hospital. I nodded even though he couldn't see me, and tried to stay cool and chill on the phone.

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes. What happened?" I asked. I opened the door, and the weekend breeze in spring greeted my skin. I shivered and waited for Luhan's response.

"Uh, I know this is kind of crazy, but last night our mom got up to use the bathroom and when she opened the door she found Tao unconscious on the floor, the doctor found a lot of pain killers in his blood. We went home and found the whole bottle of them empty on the floor." Once I sat down in my car and closed the door behind me, a gasp escaped my mouth and I held my hand to it. I was shocked, what came to this?

"Okay, I'll be right there. I'll see you in a couple." I didn't let him respond before I hung up the phone, I couldn't drive while talking. I was too focused on Tao. I hope he's alright.

Once I arrived to 32nd street, I parked in the parking garage across the street. I got out of my car and jogged across the street in a hurry. I was dressed in black sweat pants with cuffs at the bottom, and a blank white t-shirt, both of those articles of clothing were flapping in the breeze against me as I started sprinting.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, and I am here to see Huang ZiTao." I approached the lady at the front desk out of breath. I sighed and wiped the cool sweat on my forehead, she gave me a cold look, then typed in Tao's name to give out his room information.

"He's in 68M. Just up those stairs, and turn right, then at the end of the hall is his room." She pointed with her instructions. I nodded and bowed, "thank you."

I followed her directions, and then I finally arrived at the room, 68M. I opened the door with a strong force, to reveal Tao laying on his hospital bed, eyes closed, and his lips slightly parted. I looked away from him, I couldn't bear to see him in such a condition. I saw Luhan sitting in a bench across the room from me, and I walked up to him, taking a deep breath of relief that I made it here.

"He's in a coma. It's expected to last for a week." He let out a sigh after finishing his words. Luhan looked over at me, and rested his arm on his knee, and then laid his chin on his hand. I gulped down a lump in my throat and squinted my eyes.

"I'm so sorry " I didn't know quite what I was apologizing for, but I knew I made sense some how. I sat down next to him and watched Tao's chest ascend and descend calmly.

"No, I'm sorry for him. He told me that he liked you, and then something must've happened at the party with you and him. He was really hurt, and probably still is, Baekhyun. What happened to your guys' relationship? I thought the two of you were becoming friends again?" He kept looking over at me casually, even though he seemed quite aggravated that I hurt him. But that's when it all clicked in my head.

I asked him to join me at the party at Tiffany's, and we both liked each other, I thought I had a chance with him, and he thought the same. He saw me kiss Taeyeon, and he thought we had something. Tao, I'm sincerely sorry fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter