Lost Stars IV

Collections

Everything went nice and smooth. I admit that this dating thing is truly worth it. My past relationship was a disaster so I made sure that I’m not going to enter a relationship again. My past relationship, I mean relationships were all one- night stands. I don’t like commitments. It just gives you headaches. Being in a relationship is too demanding so I’ll just go for the pleasure.

And I’m a hit man, it will just mess my job. This time is different. She’s an exception. She made me change my perspective about relationships and I guess, I’m willing to give it a try. I remembered our conversation before and it made me change my perspective about her.

“Look at the stars Taetae. There are so beautiful right?” her eyes were twinkling. I scoffed at her remark.

“Stop calling me Taetae”

“Why? It’s cute though”                                                      

“No, its not”

“then what do you want me to call you?”

“Taeyeon”

“Nah that’s boring. How about Taengoo?”

“Its not boring”

“Then I’ll call you Taengoo instead! You did not complain about it so yeah” she clasped her hands together. I guess taengoo is way better than Taetae.

There’s a moment of silence when I decided to speak again.

“Would you love someone who’s a lost star?” I expected that she will ask me about the lost star part but I did not expected what she said.

“That’s so not your thing Taeng” I know that’s too way out of my usual cup of tea but it made me wonder.

“Now you call me Taeng. You have a lot of nicknames for me huh” I tried to divert the topic.

“Yeah I do.” Brief silence before she spoke again.

“I would love that lost star.” I thought she’ll never answer that.

“I would be your guide lost star” She continued. It was a brief answer yet she managed to make me swoon with her answer. The moment our eyes met, I know I got it bad. I fell in love with her while the moon was above us.

She led me towards the moon. I’m not a lost star anymore.

 

I’m jobless for a month and it made me wonder why. I always got a new mission and the last time I checked, I did well with my previous mission. I guess it has nothing to do with me being with Tiffany right? I tried to convince myself about that. I’m still stable with my finances so I shrug it off and continued my day with Fany.

2 months later after my mission at the party, a letter was slipped again in my mailbox. At least a new mission is coming. My smile disappeared when I got to see my new mission.

Name: Miyoung “Tiffany” Hwang

Age: 27

Address: *********

FINISH IT ASAP


I’ve never been this dull. I mean I’m already dull but this time is different. My new mission is none other than my girlfriend. That’s brutally insane. Yes, I kill people but those people are some dirty politicians or syndicates. I never killed an innocent people before and never will. I’ve been working with them for years already and all of my mission is about killing those not so innocent people.

It made me wonder why they want me to kill Tiffany. Is she has something to do with syndicates? Is she also not innocent? There are a lot of questions running in my mind but I made sure my girlfriend is under my protection.

It’s been weeks since I got the mission. Normally, after they give me my mission, I’ll finish it immediately so I think they wonder what’s going on so they’ve been spying on us these past few days.

I always make sure that Tiffany is safe and I decided that she lives with me and I guess she’s on about it. She doesn’t have any clues about what’s going on and I’m not planning to give her hints either.

One afternoon, we decided to take a walk. We did the normal stuffs, bought some foods and stroll again. I kind of lost my concentration about my surroundings when Tiffany suddenly pushed me aside and took a gun behind her. She shot the guy whose aiming his gun to us.

As my instincts kicked off, I shot the other man straight to his heart. Then the other guy. Then the other guy again. There were too many so Tiffany decided to hold my wrist and ran away towards our car. People are already running for their lives when we sped off. The men are still shooting at us but Tiffany managed to escape.

Now, questions are already flooding my mind. How did she managed to hide a gun without me noticing it? How did she managed to shot those men? She didn’t even flinch a bit. Why they’re after us? After her? Who is she? Is she also a hit man like me?

Oh god please. Not her.

 

“Who are you?” the first thing I asked as we got back to my house. She stood frozen. Her back facing me but I can sense that she’s taken a back at my question.

“We don’t have time for questions. We have to go” she went upstairs to pack our belongings. As I followed her, something hit my head. The last thing I remembered was Tiffany calling me and gunshots then I passed out.

The moment I opened my eyes, a semi-dark surroundings greeted me. I lost all my strength to stand up so I just groaned. I was surprised when I saw a chair facing me with a man sitting on it.

“Hello Kim Taeyeon” the man greeted me with a smile that was intimidating.

“Who are you?” I asked coldly.

“Is that the proper way of greeting your boss?” Oh. So he’s my boss. He’s quite scary and there’s some resemblance of me in his face and that make me wonder. Why the hell we kind of looked a like?

“Who are you?” I fired again

“Little feisty huh? Just like your mother”

“Don’t you dare talk about my mother!” I yelled.

“As I remember, you were taught to hide your emotions right? Or you’re still that lame kid way back?”

“who are you!?” he smirked before he answered my question.

“Oh. Where’s my manners. As I observed, you were dying to know my name.” He stopped for a moment.

“I’m Kim Taewoo. The man who trained you to be the best hit man I ever had. Also” He stopped. I have a bad feeling about this.

“Your father”

 

Father? How did that happened? As far as I remember my father died years ago. So who is this man?

“Stop lying” I answered coldly.

“I’m not lying my daughter”

“Don’t call me that”

“You’re my daugh- “

“I said stop calling me that!” I yelled. Frustration was written all over my face.

“I looked for you! And I thought you were dead! Now you’ll show up and tell me I’m your daughter!”

“I have to do that” He answered after a moment of silence.

“For what?!”

“Revenge”