Lost Stars III

Collections

  

Sometimes life is unpredictable. I was waiting for my date for ages when suddenly someone spoke behind.

“Oh god I’m really sorry –“ And she starred at me. I guess we have the same reaction.

“You!” We said in unison. It was a long time when the last time a yelled like that.

Everyone was looking at us, so I decided to make her calm.

“Sit”

“How? When?”

“I don’t know. Maybe let’s start this thing.” It took her a while before she spoke again.

“Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.” She held out her hand and I shook it.

“Kim Taeyeon” She smiled. I’ve seen a lot of eye smiles but this one is different.

“The great beauty”

“Excuse me?”

“Your name. Kim Taeyeon stands for the great beauty.”

“I see. I guess you’re from other country”

“Yeah. I was born and raised in LA and migrated here in Korea”

“When? Your Korean is good”

“Just a few weeks ago.  I managed to learn Korean way back when I was in LA”

“I’m curious about your Korean name. Would you mind?”

“Hwang Miyoung. But im not fond of it so I’m not using it”

The night went well and I can totally say that I didn’t regret it. We exchanged numbers and I drove her off back to her place.

“Oh wait. What about your car?” I asked.

“Its been an hour already and you just remembered it right now” she said.

“Sorry”

“Don’t worry about it. I have someone to pick it up tomorrow”

“I see. See you later then”

“Later?” she asked.

“No I mean some other time. I don’t like saying goodbye”

“Oh yeah. Be safe okay?”

“Yeah. Have a good night.” I waited for a while just to be sure that she’s safe even though she insisted that I should go home. Before I drove off, a text came up.

How was it?

Great thanks.

Told you

And I forgot when was the last time I smiled the way I smiled tonight. Life is indeed unpredictable.