I want You to Trouble Me Again

Who I Am (Because of You)

9. Reaching six months is definitely something to celebrate.

Kai saw Luhan's name on his phone's caller ID and sighed; it was almost evening and this was a call he'd been expecting all day.

"Hello?" He spoke first—to get this over with.

And with good reason, too, because the words that greeted him were far from pleasant. "Your best friend forgot our six month anniversary and I'm going to kill him," Luhan informed Kai through the crackle of bad service from which Kai's dance studio perpetually suffered.

"I'm sure he didn't forget forget," Kai tried to convince the Chinese boy. "Maybe he's trying to surprise you?"

Luhan scoffed and the malice in the sound made Kai shiver involuntarily in fear—not just for Sehun, but for himself too.

"I've been dropping hints all day and he's completely oblivious," Luhan said angrily. "And you and I both know he's a terrible liar!"

Kai could agree with that. He could fondly remember that the only reason he managed to snag Kyungsoo was because Sehun had been asked directly about the existence of his best friend's feelings for the Do boy and hadn't been able to deny anything. "This is true," he conceded, hoping his even tone would calm Luhan down a little.

"Oh!" Luhan made a surprised noise, then huffed. "He's out of the bathroom. I've got to go."

"Okay," Kai was relieved, frankly. "Um...keep me—"

The dial tone sounded just as he finished: "Updated?"

"Hope everything came out alright," Luhan commented to Sehun sarcastically. He'd hung up the phone the instant Sehun had come back into the room but his mood was no more improved than when he'd called in the first place.

Sehun scratched the back of his head and looked confused. "Yes?" He answered, unsure if Luhan's snark was rhetorical. He hovered at the edge of the bed where Luhan was sprawled out on his back and asked cautiously, "Are you alright? You seem upset about something."

When Luhan snorted derisively, Sehun's thoughts were confirmed. He didn't know what he'd done to make his boyfriend mad, though; especially since Luhan had been passive aggressively upset since Sehun came over that morning.

"Tell me what I did?" He cajoled his older boyfriend, dropping himself onto Luhan's prone form with a dramatic sigh. Luhan let out a surprised oof and growled in annoyance but didn't push Sehun away when he inched forward to press their lips together.

"I don't want you to be mad on our anniversary, Lu," Sehun pouted against his boyfriend's mouth.

Luhan gasped. "You didn't forget?!" Sehun shook his head, eyebrow raised. "I thought you forgot!"

"Wait!" Sehun started to laugh softly. "You thought I forgot that today was our six month anniversary? That's why you were mad?"

Luhan looked unbearably sheepish and when he nodded Sehun laughed even louder. "I've spent all day wondering what I did to make you angry enough that you'd risk ruining our special day by pouting about it and—" He shut up abruptly at the glare Luhan sent his way. "I mean..."

"You think I ruined today?" Luhan questioned as he pushed Sehun off him and say up.

"What? No!" Sehun looked hopeless and secretly Luhan was enjoying watching his boyfriend squirm. "I just meant that," he hesitated and Luhan shot him a knowing look, eyes narrowed.

"Uh-huh," he teased. Sehun gulped.

"Um...I made dinner reservations!" Sehun shouted desperately and with enough volume for Yixing to pop into the room with a concerned "Everything okay in here, you two?"

Luhan sent his roommate away with a wave of his hand. As soon as Yixing was gone he pulled Sehun close again. "Damn right, you did," he whispered, mouth close to Sehun's parted lips. He pecked his boyfriend once, just barely, before placing a hand on either side of Sehun's shoulders and shoving Sehun hard off the bed.

"Seriously, Lu?" Sehun moaned from the floor. "This again!?"