Tell Me Somethin' Good

Who I Am (Because of You)

8. And someone to permanently whinge to about trivial life issues.

It takes about five and a half months of being together for Sehun to wonder why Luhan has friends. When he thinks this to himself, he's not trying to be malicious or anything; he's almost positive he's in love with his older boyfriend by this point, so he naturally thinks Luhan is wonderful enough to have any friends he'd like. However, the amount of complaining Luhan does about everyone else they spend time with is humorous, to say the least.

As far as Sehun knows, Luhan has nothing spectacular to whine about where he's concerned; and if Luhan does, it's certainly not to his boyfriend. Literally all the others, though? Them, Luhan definitely has problems with.

It's not always, obviously, but sometimes Luhan seems like he wants to pull all of his cotton candy pink hair out at the way Yixing never remembers to wash the dishes in their shared apartment. That's why Sehun has legitimately gotten phone calls from his boyfriend at 4am, at which point Luhan, always near tears, will whimper, "I just wanted some ice cream, Sehunnie. Is that so bad?" It's either kimchi jigae, or ramyun, or just leftover rice, but there always seems to be something contaminating Luhan's midnight snack when he's too tired to turn on the lights and make sure the dishes are actually washed.

Junmyeon, who'd now been on a few dates with Yixing and was finally doing something about that eternal crush of his, had yet to experience this aspect of the Chinese dancer's forgetfulness, so he couldn't really relate. Also, Luhan would never complain to Junmyeon about Yixing because the former was so enamored that he never believed anything negative anyone said about the former. Those two were older than Sehun, and as such much more Luhan's friends than his own, yet he knew all these details because Luhan never wasted an opportunity to mention it. "It's like they can't get enough of each other. Jun's over literally all the time and they're always macking!" Before Sehun can point out that he and Luhan had been much different when they first got together—or even now—Luhan always added with a petulant huff, "And they aren't even dating yet!"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol, though, were officially together by this point. While Luhan generally seemed entertained by the dynamics of their friend group's newest couple, that didn't mean he was without things to say with regards to each on an individual basis. Sometimes they were silly, like "Chanyeol's too freaking tall! It isn't fair!" or "Baekhyun's such a diva; I swear!" and Sehun would do his best to gently remind his boyfriend to be nice. Other times, his complaints weren't so trivial. "Chanyeol was so busy gawking at his boyfriend that he elbowed me in the face while trying to wave at him!" Luhan sported a black eye for a whole week after that incident, and when Baekhyun had about the blemish, Luhan had whined to Sehun, "He's such an ! It's his own freaking fault this happened!" In those instances, Sehun knew exactly what to do, and just let his boyfriend rant his anger out while kissing him intermittently to make him calm down faster.

Kyungsoo, who wasn't studying premed like Yixing but still knew basic first aid, had been kind enough to send Kai over with some frozen peas as a peace offering for his best friend. Though the effort was meant to be an apologetic one, Luhan wasn't about that life, at least not until his eye had healed enough to hide it well with make up. "If Kyungsoo thinks he can always make up for Baekhyun's issues by sending me cold vegetables—and not even do it himself!—he's so wrong. Am I really that easy to win over, Sehunnie?" The black eye wasn't the first time Baekhyun had angered Luhan and Kyungsoo had done something about it on his best friend's behalf, so this was also not the first time Luhan had asked this as part of his whingeing. Sehun always tried to respond with something encouraging, but he did personally think Luhan was a little forgiving too for Yixing's dimples, at least.

To make matters worse, when Kai had stopped by to deliver the peas on his boyfriend's order, he'd observed the black eye in question for the first time and had thought it was hilarious because "It looks like Sehun beat you up!" Luhan, of course, hadn't found that funny at all—neither had Sehun, actually—so he'd been more than agreeable when Luhan had complained almost as soon as Kai was out the door. "I know he's your best friend, Sehunnie," Luhan began, not sounding apologetic in the least, "and I'm sorry for saying this, but he and Kyungsoo deserve each other. First of all, domestic abuse is not funny," Sehun concurred, but Luhan's next words definitely still made him want to laugh. "Secondly, if anyone is going to be giving beatings in this relationship, it would be me! It's like Kai thinks I'm not the man in charge here!" He wasn't, not really, because their relationship was a fairly equal one, but Sehun topped anyway, which, in conventional terms, made him the boss—in bed at least.

Minseok liked to tell anyone who would listen that he was the boss in his bed, too—though Jongdae always liked to joke "Yeah, when you sleep alone!"—and since he was also older than Sehun, it was usually Luhan who was regaled with stories of Jongdae and Minseok's diverse ual exploits. As an unsurprising result, though, that meant Sehun got to hear about them, too. Luhan, for his part, thought most of Minseok's stories were unbelievable and, because of that, also quite funny, but Sehun was always really disturbed by hearing about what his hyungs liked to do to one another behind the building in which Sehun had his 10am psych classes. In a nice turn of events, it was usually Sehun, then, complaining about their friends instead of the other way around, and when this happened, Luhan was just as accommodating as Swhun always tried to be for him. When Sehun would whine and beg, "Lu, can you not? I can't take any more details about Minseok's size, okay? I'm already scarred enough for this life and my next one!" Luhan would agree to keep the entertaining story to himself next time. Except he always seemed to forget and they'd repeat the whole thing all over again, and again, and again.

Jongdae, of course, loved that his and Minseok's relationship could make Sehun so uncomfortable, but whenever he tried to make the most of it by teasing Sehun into a furious blush, it was Luhan who got annoyed about it. "Leave him alone, you pyuntae!" He'd boss Jongdae, and he'd be his generally adorably obnoxious self until Minseok's boyfriend listened. It wouldn't be until later that Luhan would actually complain to Sehun, "The nerve. His jokes are never funny, Sehunnie. You shouldn't let him make you blush like that!" Except then Sehun reveals that the reason he blushes every time is because he's imaging doing those same things to his own boyfriend, and then it's Luhan with the instantaneously flush across his cheeks and up to the tips of his ears.

Unlike Minseok and Jongdae, Tao and Yifan never share details about their life, though Luhan likes to complain that the reason is because anyone with eyes can see it for themselves. "Those two need to learn some decorum," Luhan pulls out a big word and that's what really clues Sehun into his boyfriend's legitimate annoyance. "It's uncomfortable to be around them, like, always, you know? And it's not like the rest of us aren't like that too, but we at least know what's appropriate! Ugh!" Sehun agreed that Yifan and Tao were a little too physically involved while out in public, but part of him admired their courage and complete lack of stock in anyone's opinions but their own.

He never told Luhan this, of course, because Sehun recognized that being there when Luhan needed to get things off his chest was part of the boyfriend deal. Really, Sehun didn't mind too much; especially since a lot of the time, once Luhan's chest was lightened of its complaints, Sehun first lightened it of other things—like clothing—before lowering his own body on top of Luhan's to kiss his boyfriend senseless and make things real heavy, all over again.