Have I Told You Lately? (That I Love You)

Who I Am (Because of You)

11. And the first one you say those three magical words to.

They were laying side by side, pleasantly and exhausted, in the small expanse of Sehun's dorm room bed. Sweaty shoulders pressed close together were heated reminders of the night they'd just enjoyed, and Luhan was running lazy fingers through Sehun's hair--which was now dyed a pretty honey-caramel color that Luhan liked way more than the rainbow Sehun used to have.

"You're so good to me," Luhan whispered, the contentment he felt spilling over to warm his tone. "I love you."

They'd yet to confess the extent of their feelings for one another--at least not audibly--so Luhan was understandably put out when Sehun remained silent.

"Sehunnie?" No response. Luhan stopped playing with his boyfriend's hair and lifted himself up on his elbows so he could look over to check the expression on Sehun's face. To his surprise, Sehun was already fast asleep, eyes closed and little puffs of air fluttering the bangs that rested against his forehead. Luhan rolled his eyes but since he, too, was sleepy, he let the moment go.

Besides, it wasn't like his feelings were going to change. He could always tell Sehun again later.

Despite his best efforts, though, Luhan found over the next couple of days that repeating his "I love you" when Sehun was actually awake and listening was harder than it seemed.

He tried once as they took the bus to the movies. They were listening with shared earphones to the radio on Luhan's phone and he'd taken his out to say "Sehun, I--" when the song changed and Sehun crowed in excitement, "Turn it up, babe. I love this one!"

He tried again as he laid in a flopped heap on Sehun's bed as the younger worked dilligently on his math problem set. "Sehun," he started. Sehun hummed but didn't look up and Luhan took the sound as evidence that his boyfriend was listening. "You know I love you, right?" Luhan asked after a long moment as he worked up the courage for the third time.

"Hmm?" Sehun hummed again. "Did you say something, hyung?" When Luhan pouted, Sehun put his pencil down and said "Sorry, but you know how I concentrated I can get sometimes." Luhan, who'd seen that concentration applied quite wonderfully when Sehun danced--or did other sinful things with that body of his--could merely pout a little deeper.

He tried for the third and last time over text, thinking that even if Sehun couldn't seem to hear or pay attention when Luhan verbally tried to share his feelings, Sehun would eventually read a text.

From Lu-Bear: I love you, Oh Sehun.

It felt like an unbearable amount of time before Sehun finally texted back, but it couldn't have been anymore than five minutes--despite how relieved Luhan felt when his phone vibrated in his grip.

From Oh Baby: I heard you the first time, Lu-lu.

"Brat," Luhan murmured under his breath, but he was smiling a little at Sehun's antics and the expression widened exponentially when his phone buzzed once more.

From Oh Baby: I love you too.