Better Than Yours

Who I Am (Because of You)

3. It takes you a few weeks to get used to sharing a bed.

Sehun snores, which isn't that big of a deal considering how great he is when he's not asleep. But Luhan had definitely pictured their first sleepover as something much more romantic than this.

Then again, it wasn't Sehun's fault that Luhan had taken so long to figure out his film choice on Netflix. On the other hand, it wasn't Luhan's fault that Netflix was only great when you knew exactly what you wanted to watch AND knew for sure that Netflix actually had that choice available. Unfortunately for Luhan and Sehun, that hadn't been the case and now Sehun was asleep with a bored Luhan lying petulantly next to him.

Part of Luhan knew he could probably snuggle close to his boyfriend and very easily fall asleep in a matter of minutes. Another, larger part of him, though, had really wanted their first overnighter to be special and was very, very tempted to wake Sehun up. So he did.

Or at least, he tried to. As it turned out, Sehun was quite the heavy sleeper when he wanted to be and the younger boy's ability to sleep like the dead quickly crushed all of Luhan's idyllic, romantic images of waking each other up with whispered caresses and butterfly kisses. Yeah, no, that stuff didn't work on Sehun. So Luhan tried something else, apologizing quietly under his breath before he leaned over and pushed Sehun off the bed in one fell swoop.

"What the hell?" Sehun shrieked, the octave of his normally deep voice reaching new heights that surprised both of them. Luhan, like the good boyfriend he was, began snickering uncontrollably and could only point at his boyfriend while laughing "Your voice! Omo, your voice!"

Sehun actually growled at that, getting to his feet with a flourish and then pouncing onto the bed so he landed directly above a suddenly breathless Luhan. "Did you want something Lu-lu? Because you know how I feel about sleep, so you better have woken me up for something important."

His tone was a neat tie between threatening and promising, and it made Luhan gulp in an emotion that was a lot like fear. Maybe more accurately described as fear, but still. "Uh, um," Luhan stuttered, having an answer for Sehun but not wanting to share it for fear of sounding overly idealistic or stupid. A gentle sweep of Sehun's lips against his own, though, reminded Luhan that Sehun would never make him feel inferior like that, so after returning his boyfriend's kiss with vigor, Luhan admitted, "You've never stayed the night before, you know, and, I don't know, I wanted it to be special or something."

Faking indignance, Sehun pulled away from Luhan in mock horror and covered his body with his hands as best he could. "I knew it!" he crowed triumphantly, "I knew you only wanted me for my y body. Luhan, you scoundrel!"

Luhan gasped at the accusation, sitting up to face Sehun and pouting as he did so. "I would never!" he defended himself as Sehun began to literally giggle behind his hand.

"See," Sehun explained once he'd stopped laughing and caught his breath, "this is what happens when you wake me up at 2am just so you can have a cuddle." Luhan frowned so Sehun continued, "I'm not saying our first sleepover isn't monumental, even though all we did was watch Netflix and make out a little, but it's not like I won't be spending a lot of nights over here and vice versa." He paused and looked at Luhan teasingly, "Unless you don't want me...?"

Luhan gasped again and hit Sehun lightly against the other's broad chest. To the elder's surprise, Sehun smoothly caught Luhan's wrist and pulled his boyfriend to him so they could lay comfortably snuggled together in each other's arms. "Of course I want you here," Luhan mumbled into the fabric of Sehun's shirt. He rolled around in Sehun's arms so he could look his boyfriend in the face. "Unless you keep snoring," he added as he jerked himself out of Sehun's hold in order to push his younger boyfriend off the bed once again.

"Seriously, Lu, what the hell?"