We'll Be the Lucky Ones

Who I Am (Because of You)

12. The first time you have a fight, you totally freak out.

"Oh!" Yixing greets Luhan with obvious surprise. "You're home." It's clear he didn't expect anyone to be visiting their apartment anytime soon—there's dishes in the sink and clothes tossed haphazardly around the living room, and if Luhan's not mistaken he caught sight of Junmyeon's shoes when he stopped in the doorway to take his own footwear off.

"I'm home," Luhan agrees, dropping his bag to the table with a heavy sigh. "But don't mind me," he adds after a tense moment that sees Yixing glancing anxiously toward his bedroom and Luhan rubbing tiredly at his eyes, "I'm heading to sleep."

"Alone?!" Yixing is incredulous now, like he doesn't quite believe Luhan's taller boyfriend isn't somehow hiding somewhere on his person, ready to jump out at any moment and scare the living daylights out of Yixing.

Luhan signs again and rolls his eyes. "Yes, alone." He crosses his arms over his chest, frowning. "Can't a man sleep by himself every once in a while?"

Yixing looks suspicious but let's the subject drop. He calls a pleasant "Sweet dreams" to Luhan's retreating back, then beckons frantically to bring his boyfriend out of hiding.

"He's gone to bed?" Junmyeon clarifies. "Alone?"

Yixing nods. It's nice that someone gets him.

"I know, right? I wonder if they had a fight or something?" He pauses and they consider this possibility. "Those two bicker all the time but I don't think I've ever really seen them—"

There's a heavy pounding on the apartment door all of a sudden and Yixing's words stop short, his thought left unfinished in the air.

Sehun is on the other side when Junmyeon manages to lift himself off Yixing's lap in order to go open the door. No one is surprised by Sehun's presence except maybe for Luhan, who emerged from his bedroom at the loud knocks on the front door and remains stock still in shock to see his boyfriend standing there.

"Sehun," is all Luhan can say, but it's enough, apparently, because Sehun is immediately at Luhan's side, grabbing his boyfriend by the wrist and dragging him into Luhan's room. Sehun shuts the door quite firmly behind them so Yixing and Junmyeon are forced to speculate since they can't just listen in.

"Their first real fight," Yixing suggests once more.

Jubmyeon nods. He thinks so too. "Kudos to them, though," he murmurs. "It's been a pretty solid six months."

"More I think," Yixing corrects softly, but he isn't quite sure and Junmyeon's lips are oh so distracting. Yixing pulls his boyfriend back into his lap and breathes gently against the top of Junmyeon's head.

"I hope they make up," he decides after a long while.

"The first fight's the worst," Junmyeon sagely agrees. "Feels like the end of the world."

"When'll ours be, I wonder?" Yixing wants to know.

Junmyeon shakes his head and the movement tickles just under Yixing's chin, making him giggle.

"Let's not think about that just yet," Junmyeon suggests sleepily. He yawns. "Let's just sit like this and have a rest, okay?"

A rough moan suddenly rips it's way through the small apartment. Yixing smiles against Junmyeon's hair and closes his eyes. "Okay," he gives in easily. "Let's do that."