So I Let My Walls Come Down

Who I Am (Because of You)

6. And you love that feeling of being so comfortable around another human.

"Your breath smells," Luhan grimaced into his boyfriend's mouth after he rolled over to kiss him good morning.

 
"Right back at ya, babe," Sehun rumbled groggily.
 
"Is it bad that I don't even care?" Luhan yawned his question drowsily. He burrowed a little deeper into the warmth of Sehun's chest and sighed drowsily, falling back into sleep even as he finished speaking.
 
Sehun didn't answer, though, because he, too, had fallen asleep, arms fastened right around Luhan's body, perfectly content.
 
They woke up again a few hours later. It was now 10 instead of 7:30, and Sehun thought that was a much more acceptable time to be awake. His arms tightened reflexively as he slowly came to, but the absence of Luhan made him instantly conscious and he shot up in bed, panicked.
 
"Lu?" He called, a little frantic in his aware, but still only half-awake state. "Lu!"
 
"What?" Luhan snapped, annoyed, not at Sehun, but at the world because he had class in 15 minutes and he'd forgotten about it completely. "Sehunnie, I have class!"
 
Sehun groaned and dropped onto his back again. "Sorry," he apologized halfheartedly. "I just woke up and you weren't there. It scared me for some reason."
 
Catching the haunt of real fear in his boyfriend's eyes, Luhan stopped what he was doing and tripped over the the bed, one shoe tied and the other sort of dangling off his toes as he moved. "Sweetheart," Luhan wondered softly, "you didn't have a nightmare, did you?"
 
"I'm not really sure." Sehun shrugged like he wasn't bothered, but readily accepted Luhan's comforting hug and kiss.
 
"Your breath still smells," Luhan teased gently as he pulled away to finish putting on his other shoe.
 
Sehun made a face, but then smiled suddenly and the sight of it took Luhan's breath away. "Right back at ya, babe," Sehun repeated, too. "And you might want to do something about your bed head," he added. "I think it's cute but it might scare your classmates away."
 
Luhan reached his hands up to his head to realize that he had, indeed, forgotten to brush both his teeth and his hair.
 
"Oh my god," he was horrified. "They'd all be disgusted by me. Sehunnie," he turned to his boyfriend still sitting on the bed, "We're too comfortable. What happened to the me who wouldn't even let you see my bare face? What is happening?"
 
Before Luhan could spiral into his panic mode and possibly be even later to class, Sehun interrupted to joke hastily, "On second thought, Lu, don't bother. I like the idea of being the only one for you. Scare the world away!"
 
This time, it was Luhan's turn to make a face, and he stuck out his tongue before quipping back, "But then everyone gets to see what I look like all ed up. Is that what you want?"
 
Sehun shook his head vehemently; he'd suddenly changed his mind. "On second thought—third thought—better brush those teeth." As Luhan nodded in agreement and made his way back into the bathroom, he heard Sehun say, too, "And there's not such thing as being too comfortable. It's simply called getting better together."
 
Luhan stuck his head out the door and mumbled, with a toothbrush in his mouth, "You're a sap, Oh Sehun, you know that?"
 
Sehun took in the sight of his boyfriend's still disheveled head of hair, the second shoe that had yet to be tied, and the tag of Luhan's shirt because it was not only incorrectly buttoned, but also inside out. Despite it all, Luhan was adorable to him, and Sehun felt his heart swell with something, maybe not love yet, but definitely something close to that.
 
"Only for you, babe," he summarized his feelings as Luhan returned fully to the bathroom to resume getting ready. "Only for you."