Been Here All Along

Who I Am (Because of You)

4. And a good few months to say the words “my boyfriend” without feeling like an imposter.

It was one thing for Luhan to tell people when they asked that no, he wasn't single. It was another thing entirely to go places with Sehun and actually introduce the younger as his official boyfriend.
 
Take the celebratory Senior's event, Strawberries and Champagne, for instance. Luhan went because 1) he was a senior, and 2) because he'd literally turned his thesis in just that morning and if he didn't do something fun soon he thought his brain was going to burst. Sehun went because he was Luhan's boyfriend and that in itself was enough of a motivation for him to bug Kai for a borrowed suit, leave work early, and clean up nice, all in time to a giddy Luhan to the party.
 
"You aren't allowed to drink though," Luhan bossed as Sehun led him by the arm up the stairs and into the ballroom filled with other university seniors and their dates.
 
Sehun groaned but it was playful and Luhan kissed the corner of his boyfriend's mouth, grateful that Sehun wasn't going to make a fuss. Having fried chicken and beer together in Luhan and Yixing's apartment was one thing, but in public, Luhan wasn't sure he wanted his boyfriend maybe getting in trouble and unintentionally ruining their night.
 
The alcohol ban that Luhan had imposed on Sehun—and himself, for solidarity's sake—was soon put to the test, though, because a voice behind Luhan called his name and both students turned to find one of Luhan's classmates smiling at them with more than one drink in his hand. He gazed at the couple, mostly interested in Sehun, as he handed each make a champagne flute. "I grabbed a few extras," was his shifty explanation when Luhan took the offered beverage but raised an eyebrow, curious.
 
The other senior took a sip of his drink, then turned to Sehun, eyeing the younger student with barely concealed appraisal. "And who's this, Lu-Lu?"
 
Sehun tried not to be obvious about his jealousy, but he did not like the familiarity with which his boyfriend's nickname rolled off this other man's tongue. "Sehun." His answer was abrupt and the other man obviously thought it was a little rude, because he opened his mouth a little in shock and pulled away almost subconsciously.
 
"My, uh, person." Luhan supplied when the guy's frown him. Sehun chuckled at that and it took a few seconds but Luhan eventually corrected himself with an embarrassed blush. "I mean, boyfriend. This is Sehun, my boyfriend."
 
The other student still looked entirely nonplussed, but he liked Luhan, at least, so he was willing to overlook Sehun entirely for his fellow classmate's sake. "Well congrats." He looked once more at Sehun, who glanced away quickly before he could be angry again. "Cheers to you two?"
 
Sehun and Luhan exchanged uneasy nonverbal communication, but one nod from Luhan and Sehun was raising his glass in the air to clink echoingly against the other two's.
 
"To your new relationship." This was for Luhan and included Sehun while also completely disregarding him.
 
"For my," Luhan paused and blushed again, "boyfriend-person."
 
Sehun returned the snub, locking eyes with Luhan without giving the other senior a single thought. "To us."