Meeting Him (Hath Ver.)

What Do You Want In My Life?

Note from Author:

HE’S FINALLY HERE! Sorry people, made you wait for so long. But da-da-da-daaaaa HE IS HERE!!!

 

Highlighted Text Like This -- Thoughts and actions going on in HATH's head.

Highlighted Text Like This-- Thoughts and actions going on in JESS's head.

Text Like This-- Thoughts and actions going on in other people's head or together as a group.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

___________________________________________________________

Chapter 12 Review:

“So-” My sentence was interrupted when I sensed that someone’s trying to sneak up to me. I turned around and was face to face with one of the high school boys that had been staring at us ever since we got on the train. I gave them a shock when I turned around without any warnings but I was the one that quickly stepped away putting distance between us.

 

What now?

___________________________________________________________

 

There are 5 of them, and all of them had their uniforms hanging loosely on their body and 2 of them highlighted their hair to yellow. They wore rings and earrings and all of them have a bulky build. They are the usual delinquents that every school has. However oddly enough, this group of rebels doesn’t lack attractiveness either, unlike all the other troublemakers. They had us surrounded and the other passengers beside us scooted as far as they can from us. The rest of the people just watched us with worried eyes but didn’t come to help us.

 

Jess and I shared a meaningful glance. Seriously, does this have to happen to us every day?

 

The leader of the group walked toward me and stopped when he is one step away then smirked charmingly. He’s one of the blonde, best looking out of the whole group, the kind of look that screamed ‘DANGER’.

“Are you two girls alone? Want to come with oppas? We will take good care of you.” He said in a husky voice.

 

I uncomfortably shuffled back since I don’t like stranger, especially male strangers, standing so close to me.

 

Some pick up lines just never gets old.

I switched to my poker face, hoping that they would get the clue and leave. BUT NOOOOO they just had to mess with us.

 

“No thanks, we are fine on our own.” Jess politely rejected them in korean. When it’s only me, Jess and Beth, we always talk in English, but with Koreans, we speak Korean.

 

“Aww don’t be like that, don’t you want to have some fun?” The leader greasily said and took a step closer to us. I slightly narrowed my eyes but didn’t change my facial expression.

 

“Umm really its okay, we know the way around here.” Jess shifted uncomfortably in her seat, making the guys chuckle in a disgusting way.

 

Peace, Love, Butterfly, Rainbows, Unicorns 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. DON’T smack him the face.

 

“Lady, don’t you know that the more you turn us down the more we pursue?” The leader gave Jess a greasy smile and reached out his hand to touch her hair.

 

Okay that’s enough.

 

“Have you ever heard of the saying ‘Silence is Gold’?” I suddenly spoke up and the guy paused in his action. “My father always told me that, but you know what? I think I have too much gold already, I don’t need more.”

 

With that said, I snapped the guy’s hand away from Jess still with my pokerface on.

 

He glared at me and then chukled. “Well well well, look who finally spoke up. I thought that you were mute. You know, you don’t have to be jealous, you’ve got one hot body too” The other guys gave me wolf whistles.

 

I tilted my face to the side and finally let out a smirk.

“You guys just don’t get it do you? You are arrogant because you are the jjang but still got a pretty face. Girls usually throw themselves over you or gives up playing hard to get over a few greasy lines. But just this fact straight, that don’t work on us.”

 

The smile wiped off the guy’’s face and replaced it with a glare.

 

“Hath stop.” Jess gave me a worried look.

 

“Yeah listen to your friend little girl. You don’t know who you are messing with.” The other blonde from the group spoke up.

 

*Scoff*

“Morons, she’s not worried about me, she’s worried about the consequences of my actions and maybe about you guys getting hurt.” I gave Jess a pointed look. “See what I mean when I said you are too nice?” I said to her in english.

 

*Rolled Eyes*

“Now, don’t get so worked up, we created enough trouble yesterday. Not that it’’s our fault but still. I’m not even sure we are out of danger yet.” Jess replied me in english too.

 

“Don’t worry, I still kept my promise.” I said in a light voice.

 

“YAH are you guys ignoring us?” The leader shouted at us making the passengers around us cower even further away.

 

“Don’t worry I didn’t forget you yet. If you have time to wander around the streets hitting on random girls and bothering other people, why don't you go to school and actually learn something useful that might help you later on in your life?” I said in a calm voice.

 

The leader’s face flushed red, and he took a menacing step towards me.

“You think you are funny?” He told me in a menacing voice.

 

Unfazed by his tone I chided

“Oh I think I’m adorible.”

 

He pulled back his arm to give me a punch but in a blink of an eye, my left fist shoot out and hit the guy in the gut before he even realized I was moving.

 

“Wai-” Jess started to say but wasn’t fast enough.

 

As soon as the guy felt the pain, his body instantly crouched forward and I gave him a textbook perfect right-hook just on the pressure point below his jaw. The guy collapsed on the floor sooner than his subordinates could even absorb what happened. When they finally did, they regarded me with cautious eyes.

 

*Sigh* Great just great…

 

Jess facepalmed herself and glared at the little girl in front of her who has a face of a kid who’d been caught doing something wrong.

 

Oops...

 

“Just go while my friend is still in a good mood, or else you’re going to end up worse than your leader.” Jess told them in a new tone, being nice to some thugs is one thing, but being nice to them after they wanted to punch me was another thing.

 

At first they looked like they wanted to get even but after taking a good look at their leader whom still haven’t got up yet, they reconsidered.

 

“ you are only lucky today. There won’t be a next time. Let’s go guys!” The other blonde and one other guy carried their leader, who was knocked out cold by the way, by the shoulder and hauled him out of the train.

 

And some lines never get old.

…… That reminded me……

I straightened my back and dared to take a peek to my left but immediately looked away when I saw the reincarnation of Satan glaring at me, fire burning in her eyes.

 

“You just LUVVVVV getting into fights don’t you?” Jess shot me with a sarcastic question.

 

I didn’t dare to look back at her.

 

“After all I said, you just HAD to get in a fight in the next minute.” She continued to interrogate me in that sarcastic tone.

 

Trust me not, even though Jess is the sweetest girl on the universe, you do NOT want to get her mad like Beth. Even an angel could turn into a devil.

 

“Sorry, it was all reflex.” I held up my hands in surrender.  “I didn’t want this to happen either.”

 

*Sigh*

“That’s the scary part, all that was reflex.” Jess sighed exasperatedly.

 

*Grin*

“Don’t worry, I wouldn’t have hurt him badly anyways. I still have to keep the promise like I said.” I said as I guided Jess to sit again after she exploded on her feet when I first punched the guy.

 

Jess just shook her head hopelessly and followed my directions to sit. I stood in front of her and –once again- tried to ignore the stares that I’ve been receiving that multiplied since we got on the train because of the little scene.

 

“But you know, I really think that we are all jinxed in our past life or something. How can something like this happen to us for two days in a row?” I asked dubiously.

 

Jess opened to say something, but before she could voice out a single word. A steam of excited screaming came from the other compartment to my left interrupted us.

 

Sharing a confused look we both gazed at the direction where the screaming was coming from, only to get THE shock of our lives.

 

From the direction of the screaming, was a whole army of girls, mostly teenagers, that were running at FULL speed towards us in the tiny space available in the train. The only thought that entered my mind was:

 

Ah, the fans finally found out who was with MBLAQ yesterday.

 

Only then did I realize that a tall masculine figure wearing a hat was running in front of, or away from, all the other girls like his life depended on it. Well, in this situation, it looked like it did.

 

They are getting closer and closer, all the passengers, including me squeezed to the side so we wouldn’t get squashed by the excited girls.

 

In matter of seconds he ran passed me, but not before accidentally bumping into me- WHOA!!!!! My body was lifted off the ground by a sudden force that pulled me forward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“…Hey can you stop running now?” I said to the hat guy next to me after running beside him for 10 seconds.

 

He whipped his head at me but only frowned and fastened his speed.

 

I cursed softly under my breath and speeded up so I was side by side with him again.

 

“That’s not nice.” I  told him and this time, he finally noticed me like he didn’t a second ago.

 

But when he did, he was so shocked that it caused him to lose his tempo and stumbled for a few steps, almost dragged me down with him. However I gave his bag pack a harsh pull that restored him to his previous speed.

 

*Rolled Eyes*

 

[FLASHBACK]

[1 Minute Ago]

In matter of seconds he ran passed me, but not before accidentally bumping into me- WHOA!!!!! My body was lifted off the ground by a sudden force that pulled me forward.

 

Looking down I realized that the guy’s stupid bag strap accidently caught on the belt of my jean short when we bumped. Luckily, my body automatically started running when the force abruptly pulled me so I didn’t fall and lose my balance yet.

 

Since then I’ve been running beside him thinking of what I should do next.

[FLASHBACK  Ends]

 

“H-how?” He gasped out the instant he regained his footing.

 

“You think I want to run with you?” I glared at him. “Your bag strap got caught on my belt and refused to let go.” I pointed at the piece of strap that got tangled with my belt and gave it a frustrated look.

 

I’ve been trying to untie it as I run but it wouldn’t budge at all.

That’s why I hate those stupid belts!

 

“Oh… Ohhhhh I’m really sorry. This bag is made from leather so the straps are really strong.” The guy apologized and I just sighed.

 

“I guess leathers are strong huh? It’s okay, but can we stop running? Why are you running in the first place?” I asked the stranger next to me.

 

He glanced back then quickly increased his speed again, confused I looked back and saw that the earlier crowd of girls are gaining on us. One of them could almost touch me.

 

Shocked I let out a little gasp. In that moment of confusion I didn’t even have time to react when the stranger suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me forward.

 

“Let’s get out of this mess first!” The stranger yelled then jumped out of a closing door just seconds before it completely shuts.

 

We fell on the hard tiled floor of whatever station we are in and looked up in time to see the squashed faces of the girls that were chasing us pressed against the windows of the train door before the train rode away.

 

By that time, both of us were panting while sitting on the cold hard floor trying to calm our heart down. I was panting a little less than the guy, so I recovered faster. Then I turned and examined the guy sitting next to me. On the train I didn’t really have time to see what he looks like. He got a black cap covering his face so I can’t see his features but he got a nice jaw line and he’s wearing a dark grey jean and a white T-shirt with a black vest over it.  

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zsuIviNt3q4/TMk4ULDpUrI/AAAAAAAABiM/n-vv7LLnchk/s1600/kimhyunjoong051.jpg)

 

I liked his style, but the thing that really caught my eyes was his rings and wrist bands.

 

Darn, I want it…

 

“So… who did you offend?” I asked him after a few moments. He stared at me for a second then fell on the floor again laughing.

 

“Hahaha offend? I didn’t offend anyone, at least, none that I know of.” He answered while laughing with ease.

 

I arched my eyebrow at him.

“So you are saying that an army of girl warriors are out for your blood for no particular reason at all?” I said incredulously. Subconciously I noticed that he has a nice laugh.

 

“Haha, an army of girl warriors? You-” He stopped laughing when he finally took a good look at me.

 

“Yeah?” I blinked at him.

 

“Nothing…” He abruptly fell into silence but he was staring at me for the whole time with an unreadable expression on his face. It was sort of like awe but I can’’t be sure since I can’’t really see his face.

 

I decided to ignore him since he finally looked away from me and started to stare into space.

 

That’s strange, normally I hate male strangers but with this guys I can speak so comfortably.

 

 I stood up and patted the dust off my clothes.

 

“You don’t know who I am right?” The guy suddenly asked me out of blue.

 

“Emm should I?” I answered with a puzzled face pausing midway in my action.

 

For a second he looked crushed but I don’t know the reason behind it. Normally I’m not this lost but normally I wasn’t hauled off a train by a stranger who’s hunted by half of the world’s female population.

 

“Psh I thought we became a little popular recently but I guess not.” He mumbled quietly to himself then to me he said:

“Have you ever heard of the band SS501?”

 

“Yeah I did.” I replied and stared suspiciously at him. There's a nagging little thought in the back of my head.

 

Bewildered he looked at me,

“But……then do you know any of the members?”

 

“Not really, I know their songs. Why did you-” I paused in the middle of the sentence and looked at him in shock.

 

No way...

 

He raised his eyebrows.

"Wow you are fast." Chuckling he stood up and took off his cap then ruffled his fluffy brown hair.

"Nice to meet you. Leader of SS501, Kim Hyunjoong at your service." He grinned showing his teeth.

 

I think I just caught my breath.

 

[Jess's POV]

 

*Blink* *Blink Blink*

What just happened?