Your Light, Your Strength, Your Weakness

What Do You Want In My Life?

Note from Author:

Okay sorry guys I didn’t update for a long time, this chapter is sort of like a bonus. Where I talked about Jess’s weakness.

 

Highlighted Text Like This -- Thoughts and actions going on in HATH's head.

Highlighted Text Like This-- Thoughts and actions going on in JESS's head.

Text Like This-- Thoughts and actions going on in other people's head or together as a group.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

______________________________________________________________

Chapter 11 Review:

“ARGHHH” I sat up and hit myself.

“Stop! Don’t think about him again, DON’T EVER THINK ABOUT HIM. He is out of your life once and for all, HE IS OUT OF YOUR LIFE! That guy you met today is probably the same as him, don’t trust him, don’t trust him.” I compelled to myself.

 

Then I dropped back down and closed my eyes.

 

But my last thought for today was:

I hope I can see that guy again.

______________________________________________________________

 

I am running down the dark corridor, tripping but stumbling up again. Desperate to get out, to see the sun or anything other than the endless darkness. Just then I heard a sinister laugh from behind, and footsteps…coming closer, and closer. I reached the end of the hall, there’s no more way. Then the footsteps behind me stopped…slowly the hair on the back of my neck began to rise. I can feel his presence…closer and close-

 

*BANG*

“RISE AND SHINE HATH!!” Jess exclaimed cheerfully as she barged into my room.

 

I groaned and turned away from here, snuggling deeper into my comfortable blankets.

 

“Forgive me Mademoiselle. I tried to stop her but-” Butler Cain feebly apologized as he walked into my room after Jess’s entrance but I sleepily waved my arm at him to stop. I pulled my eye mask closer to my face and rolled to the other side of the bed, away from the noises.

 

“Come on Hath, wake upp~” Jess whined as she jumped on my bed and started bouncing around making sleep unreachable.

 

“Jess, I swear, if you don’t get out now. You’ll need to learn to sleep with your eyes open from now on.” I grumbling threatened her.

 

“But, but…It’s 9 Hath! How can you still be sleeping at 9 on a beautiful Saturday morning??!!” Jess cried in disbelief.

 

“N-ni nine??? NINE?! NINE ON A FREAKING SATURDAY MORNING??!! What kind of sane person wakes up at NINE?! Let me SLEEP!!!!” I stuttered then barked at Jess.

 

Thankfully she quieted down, just when sleep was about to take over me again, Jess did something unforgiveable. SHE. SLASHED. OFF. MY. EYE. MASK. Lightfilled my eyes, even when they are closed.

 

….. Silence consumed the room. Very slowly, I opened my eyes.

 

“Jessica Suvichapatsuk, you did not just tear my eye mask off.” I growled dangerously. At times like this I wish that she had a middle name.

 

Jess just innocently blinked at me, “You mean you can’t sleep without them? OMG I didn’t know.” Her voice dipping in honey.

 

*Growl*

I deadly glared at Jess, if looks could kill. She’d die 8 times already.

 

Damn it, I’m awake now.

 

“Now that you’re awake, go wash up. I’ll see you downstairs in 10.” Jess chipped before hopping out of my room. Butler Cain walked out after her to prepare breakfast.

 

I rolled my eyes before lying on my bed again. Just as I felt sleepy a thunderous voice came from next door.

 

“HATH I KNOW YOU ARE SLEEPING AGAIN, GET YOUR UP BEFORE I GO IN THERE AGAIN!!” Jess hollered from her room.

 

“Aish!” I shot up from my bed and scratched my hair in frustration. Then I stumbled blindly towards my bathroom.

 

I splashed cold water on my face and instantly I was awake again.  I leaned forward with my hands on each side of the sink and looked in the mirror in front of me. My wet hair sticking and dripping to my face. Sorrowful, knowing eyes gazed back at me through the reflection.

 

It’s that annoying dream again.

When can it stop bothering me?

 

I angrily clenched my jaw and shoved the dream out of my head before going through my morning routine.

 

[Jess's POV]

Hath is soooo hard to wake up! Goshh I wonder how she managed wake up every day on time to go to school. I thought as I walk around the garden behind Hath’s mansion just enjoying the morning breeze.

 

…And I wanted to tell her about the dream I had too. I guess I’ll just tell her during breakfast.

 

Suddenly, I saw a Lily White, growing in one single pot surrounded by nothing but grass. My feet stumbled to a stop. It’s the same flower that he used to give me whenever we went on a date. The temperature around me seemed to have decreased all of a sudden, as if that’s possible. I shivered slightly and pulled my jacket closer around me while staring at the forsaken flower. Unwelcomed memories filled my mind reminding me of the dream I had last night. I was in a trance, trapped in the realm of memories until someone called my name from mansion pulling me out of my miseries.

 

“Jess!” The voice called again. It was Hath, it’s always her and Beth that saved me from my weakness. After feeling normal again in the presence of my dearest friend, I took one last look at the white sullen flower then receded back into the mansion.

 

[Hath’s POV]

Jess seemed a little pale when she stepped into the massive dining room.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked her worriedly setting down the cup the tea on the luxurious wooden table.

 

She only gave me a faint but relieved smile before saying “It’s just the dream again” while waving her hands like it’s not a big deal.

 

I pursed my lips and looked away, thinking angrily to myself that when can the past stop haunting us. Jess acted like it’s not a big deal when it was, so if she can still act that means that it didn’t affect her like it did before, which is great. However, I can’t possibly tell her that I had my own little dream last night now because it might just be the final blow to her strong facade.

 

Before I could do anything a loud greeting filled the air.

“Are you girl- I mean girls, --wow Jess how did you get Hath to wake up this early?— Ready for another day to start?” Beth’s powerful voice filled the room.

 

Both of us turned to the enormous TV on the left wall of the room and on the screen was Beth sitting gracefully on a grand chair with a cup of coffee in her hand. The TV has the feature of Skype on it.



“Shush, I still need my sleep.” I joked while laying my head on the table.

 

*Eye rolls*

“Hath girlie, get up! We need to go out early today.” Jess smacked the back of my back making me groan in annoyance. “And when are you arriving Beth?”

 

Beth gave us an exasperated sigh that made us stop goofing around and look at the screen.

“Sorry girls, I can’t go with you guys today.” Beth gave us a sad smile.

 

“WHAT? Why?” Jess cried.

 

“It’s my dad, he wanted me to take care of some work for a new idea he came up with last night. You know how dad owns almost all of the best entertainments in Asia right? Apparently he came up with a good suggestion as to how to connect all of them.” Beth explained with a tired sigh. I arched one perfect eyebrow.

 

“You don’t mean the idea where he decided that he should team up all of his entertainments to create a big one that represents the Asian music to the western world?” I raised my eyebrows in amusement.

 

Beth stared at me in amazement,

“How did you know that?” She asked incredulously.

 

“Cause I certainly remember bringing that idea up in the last dinner I had with your dad.” I said with a tiny smirk and maybe a little bit of smugness.

 

Both of them just stared at me in shock.  Before Beth cough in awkwardness and said in an exaggerated cheerful tone:

“Excuse me girls, but I need to have a nice chat with my dear daddy. Sorry about today but make sure to have fun even if I’m not there. Adios~”

 

The screen went blank.

 

“Wow I wouldn’t want to be within hearing area when Beth is ‘talking’ with her father.” Jess joked.

 

“OH and-” the screen abruptly went on again with Beth still sitting in the same position, Jess and I jumped in shock- “about the little incident with MBLAQ yesterday, it’s all over the net. Fortunately no one took any photo but you guys still need to watch out for angry fans~ *wink* I’ll see ya later.” This time the screen went blank, permanently.

 

I raised my eyebrows and looked at Jess only to find out that she did the same to me, and we burst out laughing.

 

“Well, that warned us not to talk about yesterday’s event when we’re outside.”

 

“Haha definitely, I don’t want to run marathons every time we go out.” Jess replied me with a whole heartily laugh.

 

I only smirked, happy to see that the tension from the conversation we had before Beth interrupt us was gone. Jess is too precious to be hurt and I’ll make sure of that.

 

“So what should we do for today?” Jess asked as she settled down on the chair next to me.

 

I gave it some thought before a mischievous smile crawled up to my face.

“How about we do some adventure?” I leaned in and whispered in Jess’s ear.

 

She gave me a suspicious look but motioned me to continue and my grin just got bigger.

 

What is she up to now?

 

[Jess’s POV]

I don’t know how I let Hath convinced me to do this but that sneaky little girl has her way with words, even though it’s usually me and Beth that are the mischievous ones in the Trio.

 

I looked at the guard standing in front of the big Iron Gate that locked Hath’s mansion from the outside world. He is dressed in neat uniform with a walkie-talkie on his belt. I gulped as I stare at the black metal baton stuck on the other side of his belt. This guy can’t be older than 24, even though his face is hidden by his hat, I can still see youth from the way he moves. This is probably his first job and I might just get him fired.

 

Slowly I made my way to the man and tapped him lightly on his shoulders. He jumped when I touched him and turned to me with an alerted face but soon changed into a surprised one. I’m pretty used to this kind of reaction with boys and now that I took a close look at the guard’s face. I can see that he is actually very handsome with big round eyes, masculine face and shaggy black hair.

 

Wow, Hath really knows how to pick her guards…

 

*Ahem*

“How may I help you miss?” The guard timidly asked me with a touch of shyness.

 

 “Hello sir! My mom is one of the maids working in the mansion and she bought me here today to tour around. But my dad just called me and told me that he needs my help at home so I have to go. Could you please open the gate for me?” I flashed him my signature smile as I finished.

 

The guard only hesitated for a moment before submitting into my charms. From my right vision, I could see Hath sitting on a low tree branch smiling at me and giving me a thumb up.

 

That little girl is soooo gonna get it…I sulked silently in my head.

 

“Sure, I can’t normally open the gate for just anyone but I’ll make it an exception for you. But under one condition, why don’t you tell me your name so we could hang out some other time?” He told me flirtatiously with a boyish smile, all the shyness from earlier gone.

 

I cringed inside but still managed a sweet smile, and that smile slowly turned genuine as I see a tiny figure sneaking up behind the guard. The guard noticing my look and began to turn back but before he could turn completely, a loud smack is heard and the guard fell unconsciously to the floor.

 

 “Was it really necessary for me to distract him for you sneak up to knock him unconscious?” I pouted at the grinning girl in front of me.

 

“Hmmmmm, nope! I could take him out without your distraction.” Hath said cheerfully and patted her hands in smugness.

 

I sighed melodramatically and shake my head,

“You like to make my life harder don’t you? You little devil.” I , stealing her usual line when Beth and I did something similar to her.

 

Hath just gave me a big smile showing her teeth. Then she scooped down and fished a key out from the out cold guard’s back pocket and used it to open the gate. I took my phone out of my hand bag and texted Butler Cain to inform him of the unconscious guard and to reassure him that Hath and I are save, for the time being, and that there’s no need to alert the special police force or any of the agents that works for either mine or Hath’s dad.

 

“Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s have a taste of freedom!” Hath smirked and dragged me out of her mansion to the outside world.

 

[Hath’s POV]

Yes I’d do anything to get Jess’s mind away from her dreams, even if I had to act out of my way and do something as childish as running away from home. But I had to admit that the taste of freedom was something that I enjoyed. Away from the bodyguards and do whatever I want with no one to report my behaviors to my father.

 

“So where should we go now?” Jess asked me as we were roaming the streets of Seoul. Her simple white dress fluttered a little from the wind.

(Dress: http://www.princessroyaldrama.com/ruffle-white-dress.jpg)

 

“How about we go to Myeongdong?” I suggested and on my Popsicle. I am wearing a blue and white striped hoodie with jean short because the day is too hot.

(Hoodie: http://cdn2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/204/162/540/womens-blue-and-white-striped-hooded-top-large-145de.jpg)

 

Needless to say, we dressed very casual to fit in as normal citizen without all those brand name. But the clothes are still designers made, you just have to look very carefully to realize.

 

“Wooo then, how about we go by the train?” Jess exclaimed excitedly and pointed at a nearby underground train station.

 

I also grinned in excitement,

“Good idea.” For someone like me and Jess, simple things like riding the train can excite us. But never once did I think that that train ride can change my life forever.

 

[Inside the train]

Jess and I chatted away as we stood in the moving vehicle under the ground. Both of us were trying to ignore the looks that the high school boys standing near us are giving.

 

“Do you think Beth would flip when she finds out that we rode the train without her?” Jess asked with a giggle.

 

“I don’t know but I certainly want to see her reaction when she finds out.” I replied and we both snickered.

 

“Oh, by the way, do you remember the group that performed yesterday?” Jess suddenly asked out of blue.

 

“Jess, like 20 or something groups performed yesterday and you expect me to know which one you’re talking about?” I gave her a look.

 

“Hahaha sorry, I meant the group that danced after the whole incident with MBLAQ. You know, with the boy that walked by us before the show started?” She said, but I can’t help but notice that her eyes softened when she mentioned ‘the boy’.

 

“Ohhh you must meant the pretty boy.” I nodded in acknowledgement. I don’t know why but the image of the other blond boy wearing the green football shirt flashed in my mind.

 

“It’s not nice to call people names.” She scolded me lightly.

 

“Yeah yeah, but you have to admit he looked prettier than an average girl… But why did you suddenly bring them up?” I asked indifferently but my brain’s turning as I waited for her reply.

 

Jess looked rather tense again and looked out the window as the train went over ground instead of answering my question.

 

Please Jess, don’t let that guy affect you like he did. I prayed silently in my head as I watch the internal struggle on Jess’s face. My heart bleeds for her.

 

Why am I feeling this again? Why must I be so weak? Why can’t I be like Hath who’s always so strong?

 

A lady stood up from a seat in front of us and I pushed Jess towards the seat. She was shocked by my action that broke her train of thoughts.

 

It’s almost noon right now and the sun is high up in the sky, the rays of light pouring from the window hit the back of Jess’s head making her look like an angel that ascended from heaven.

 

I smiled softly.

“This is who you should be Jess, an angel so bright that even God himself couldn’t take his eyes off you. The kind of person that should never experience hurt, but one bastard ruined you, he polluted your lights -and I should have killed him for doing that- but that light never disappeared, it might have gotten a little dimmer but it’s still there. It’s always in the innermost part of your mind taking time to mend itself, until it could shine as brightly as it was before. That light, my friend, is your confidence.” I putted up my hand to stop Jess from interrupting. “I’m only going to say this ONCE so listen well. You are like the Sun Jess, you shined up my world, and I’m pretty sure it’s not only mine. A weak person could never become someone’s Sun. You were always strong, not just in sports, but strong in personality. Just remember, someone strong is never weak, someone stronger accepts the fact that they are weak at times, but the strongest person accepts that they are weak and knows where they are weak at. Your weakness is you trust too easily and you are too kind for your own good, but that is strength too, because of that weakness of yours, you got me and Beth.” I stared into her teary eyes.

 

Hath, you are really… I’m so blessed to have you in my life. I know now, even if part of me still refuses to, but I know what you are saying. So I will try my best to regain my ‘light’ because that is the fastest way to thank you. And I have to accept my weakness so it could become my strength.

 

“Jess, you are already the strongest person out there, just how much stronger do you want to get?” I finished my little speech with a tiny smirk. That earned a gentle punch on my stomach.

 

“Ouch, have you been working out lately? Why do I feel like you’ve gotten more powerful?”  I while I exaggeratedly clenched my stomach as if I’m in pain, but stopped immediately when Jess held up another fist.

 

We looked at each other then burst out laughing at the same time.

“Ahhh you are so cheesy Hath!” Jess laughed sincerely as she wiped the unshed tears in her eyes.

 

“I know that’s cheesy, which is why I told you I will only say it ONCE. But what were you going to say about that band before my inspiring little speech?” I asked her after we finished laughing.

 

“Right, I was going to say that I did a little research on them before waking you up in the morning. As Beth said, they are called Daeguknamah, or in English, The Boss. There are a total of 5 members, leader Mika, second oldest Karam, or A.K.A. pretty boy *she gave me a pointed look*, Hyunmin, Injun and maknae Jay. Apparently they only debuted since the beginning of this year with the song ‘Admiring Boy’ and the song we heard yesterday’s called ‘Stumble Stumble’. Interesting fact is: they are all very talented, almost all of them won multiple awards since they were young either on singing or dancing.” Jess summarized her little research.

 

“Do you know which one was the blond boy from yesterday?” my mouth blurted out this question before I could stop myself.

 

*Gasp*

“What’s happening? YOU asked for some information of a GUY? Are you feeling okay Hath?” Jess gaped at me.

 

“Can’t I ask? But it’s no big reason, I just like the way he danced.” I waved her mockery aside.

 

“Haha, of course, it’s Hath we are talking about. Seriously you should become a scout for Entertainments because you’ve got good eyes for talents. The guy you are asking about is Jay, the maknae of the group. Before he debuted, he was on Star King and they named him the ‘Poppin Prodigy’.” Jess answered my question.

 

Poppin Prodidy? I can’t wait to see the reason behind that name. But… this is the first group that Jess showed interest to besides MBLAQ. I should watch out if we ever run into them again.

 

“So-” My sentence was interrupted when I sensed that someone’s trying to sneak up to me. I turned around and was face to face with one of the high school boys that had been staring at us ever since we got on the train. I gave them a shock when I turned around without any warnings but I was the one that quickly stepped away putting distance between us.

 

What now?