A Place in my heart - Part 6

A Place in my heart

 

Part 6 – tears and smile

~~~~~~~~

 

“She’s gone overboard..”

 

Hangeng muttered and went to chase Heechul for a confrontation but Donghae stopped him.

 

“Don’t do it Hangeng gege. I’m at fault here, Heechul Unni is right. I shouldn’t break the rules.”

 

Donghae runs to her room and cried, wishing she never came to Seoul and just stayed in Mokpo.

 

“Hyukjae, I really need you right now..”

 

Donghae cried and cried until sleep dawns on her. Hangeng was about to knock on her door when he heard her say Hyukjae’s name; he was hurt and so he just left her. On his way to his room, he passes along Eunhyuk and he decided to confront him.

 

“Can you tell your girl to stop acting such a .”

 

Eunhyuk looked at him straight in the eyes and replied

 

“why don’t you tell it to her if you are such a man as you think you are. Stop acting like you’re someone’s prince charming when you are not. Be realistic.”

 

Eunhyuk then went to his room and locked the doors.

 

---000---

 

Donghae gloomily sat on her chair and stare at the canvass before her. Her eyes were red and puffy and her voice was harsh from crying. She sighed as she took the brush and dipped it unknowingly on the black paint. She started to play with the when Sooyoung noticed her uninspired and gloomy.

 

“any problems Hae?”

 

Donghae shook her head as she play with the brush, making circles and curves.

 

“Tell me the truth, how can I help you when you don’t tell me what I need to know.”

 

Donghae sighed and opened but no words came out. Sooyoung sat beside her and gave her a hug.

 

“are you having a hard time adjusting to Seoul?”

 

Donghae nodded her head and tears started falling down her eyes again.

 

“is everything in Seoul complicated?”

 

Donghae asked and Sooyoung gently held her hands and looked her in the eyes.

 

“Hae, when everyone is against you, remember that we are always here for you. Changmin sensei, Shindong-shi and Me.. we are always here for you.”

 

Donghae wiped her tears with her palm and thanked Sooyoung.

 

“you may take the day off Donghae, why not try walking and try to find some happiness.”

 

Donghae nodded and gathered her things. She bowed low at Sooyoung then off she went to chase happiness. Sooyoung looked at the canvass and smiled. Despite the uninspired and play of brush, Donghae had still created an abstract art worth appreciating.

 

“I have never seen such talent.. Changmin sensei chose the right person.”

 

Sooyoung muttered before cleaning up.

 

Donghae leisurely walked around the campus. It is loud and chaotic as different kinds of students attend to their own businesses. Donghae took her camera and started taking pictures of her surroundings. She can see happy faces, and smiling faces then some bore frowns. Donghae finally realized that life is not always smiles, it’s not always happy and she sighs as she recalls the day Hyukjae left Mokpo. She walked a few more meters but stopped when she saw a familiar face by the pond: it was Henry practicing his violin. She smiled and started to approach him but stopped when she saw Eunhyuk walking towards Henry. Donghae stood by a nearby tree and observed the two boys.

 

“yoh, Henry.. what… about a .. you knowing… showdown..”

 

Henry laughs softly at Eunhyuk who tries to converse in his best broken English.

 

“hyung, I can speak and understand Korean.”

 

Eunhyuk flashes his gummy smile and Donghae took a snapshot of it. She looked at it carefully and somehow it reminds her of Hyukjae.

 

“oh.. my.. I really see Hyukjae in you.”

 

“so Henry.. a showdown?”

 

Eunhyuk asked and Henry agreed. He positioned his violin and with a nod, he played Storm skillfully. In time with the beat of his violin, Henry moved his legs and started to dance along. Eunhyuk was impressed as he witness Henry’s talents for the first time. He nods along with Henry’s beats and when he caught the rhythm, Eunhyuk started to dance as well.

 

By now a great number of people had taken interest and had gathered around the two as they compete in a showdown. Donghae was smiling as both guys dances to their hearts content.

 

“watcha doing?”

 

A voice scared Donghae and when she looked, it was Ryeowook with her composition book.

 

“oh.. I was just..”

 

“OMG.. Henry and Eunhyuk showdown. Let’s go!”

 

Ryeowook dragged Donghae to the site and they squeezed themselves through the crowd and finally scored a spot in front. Ryeowook cheered for the two boys while Donghae blushes as she watches Eunhyuk perform. Henry is great but Eunhyuk has this aura Donghae cannot decipher. The showdown ended with Henry’s last and the crowd applauded and cheered as they took their bow. Eunhyuk extended a hand which Henry gladly shook.

 

“That was amazing Henry..”

 

Eunhyuk said and Henry praised him as well.

 

“that was excellent hyung”

 

Ryeowook runs towards the two and hugged each and planted a soft kiss on their cheeks.

 

“you two are absolutely, positively, exceptionally talented.”

 

“ok Wookie, enough adverbs!”

 

Eunhyuk said and Henry chuckled.

 

“wow hyung, you know adverbs?”

 

“I’m not dumb Henry!”

 

Eunhyuk exclaimed and laughed but stopped when he saw Donghae holding on to her camera and blushing. Ryeowook noticed her and dragged her to join them.

 

“uhm… you did great..”

 

Donghae muttered almost inaudibly. Henry looked at Eunhyuk whose face turned very serious.

 

“ah.. Donghae noona.. wanna join us for lunch?”

 

Henry asked and Ryeowook hopefully smiled at her. Donghae shook her head and turned away.

 

“she doesn’t want to come.”

 

Eunhyuk plainly said and both Ryeowook and Henry sensed tension hanging on the air. But the two have unwavering spirits. Henry stopped Donghae and escorted her back to where Ryeowook and Eunhyuk was standing.

 

“let me rephrase that noona. Hae, You will come with us for lunch”

 

Ryeowook smiled even brighter and wrapped her arm around Eunhyuk’s arm and went their way.

 

“I’m thinking Japanese ramen today.”

 

Ryeowook muttered and Henry agreed. They all walked a few blocks from the campus to a Japanese restaurant. They ordered different Ramen and Henry paid the bill.

 

“it’s my treat, I had a great time dancing with Eunhyuk hyung.”

 

Henry sat beside Donghae and Ryeowook did the same thing with Eunhyuk, making the two face each other. They ate their ramen in silence. Ryeowook motioned for Henry to leave using her eyes and Henry understood.

 

They heard a cellphone rang, it was Ryeowook’s.

 

“ah.. Yesung oppa.. you want help with what? Oh ok.. and you want Henry to come too? We’ll be there soon bye bye”

 

Ryeowook put on her poker face and excused herself and Henry before leaving the two alone.

 

“You used Yesung hyung?”

 

Henry asked and Ryeowook pinched his Mochi cheeks before answering.

 

“he really need us you know.. and let’s buy something to eat before we go, I’m still hungry..”

 

And so Donghae and Eunhyuk was left inside the shop as silence envelope them.