A place in my heart part 13

A Place in my heart

“Donghae..”
 
Two voices call for one name as the young girl runs away from the stage, away from the two boys fighting for her attention. She is not the type of person who dwells in such situations, she does not play on others’ emotions. As she runs away farther and farther away, she thinks how foolish can she be, overlooking the kind eyes and warm hands of her oppa, of the person who was always beside her. She recalls why she haven’t seen through Hangeng’s actions, why did she even allow him to come closer, for now she doesn’t know how to break it to him gently.. how to say good bye, how to reject a beating heart. And this was going through her head, and she falls, in the middle of uncertainty, darkness consuming and blinding her, it was all dark..
 
The cold wind blew and she shivers; her thin body against the autumn breeze. And she cries but no one seemed to hear, or they just won’t listen to a heart filled with questions which she knows the answer is not simple. She cannot choose, but she has to. Thought the questions were not posted to her directly, in a matter of time, one of them will ask the question she feared: “Him or me”. If that time comes, she does not know what to answer, for she is utterly confused.
 
“I shouldn’t have come..”
 
She mutters and her breathing becomes harder as every second passed. She is alone.
 
Xoxox
 
“lotus. I was worried about you..”
 
A welcome greeting from Shindong didn’t make her feel any better and she lies on her bed without saying another word. She knows how hard her situation is, yet she doesn’t know the solution. And as she thinks all night on what to do and what to say, her simple life in Mokpo has turned into a frenzy in Seoul. She finally decided that the best way out is to choose none.
 
Seclusion might be one of the common scapegoat a person can think of and Donghae did just that. Secluded from the rest of the world, she finishes her work, a final piece that will complete the promise of two Lee’s. and as she places the brush down and sighs, it’s finally over.
 
She walks out of the room to talk to Sooyoung and requested to leave after the painting has been submitted. Sooyoung gave her encouraging smile and asked to see the finished work. When they arrived, they saw Heechul holding a brush and talking to two girls Hyeoyon and Krystal. Then Donghae gasped.
 
Her hard work was ruined; her painting had black paint splashed on one side. Donghae cried and she can’t take it anymore.. She is giving up. She runs away, Not even stopping as she bumped into Hangeng along the way. He wanted to catch up after her but he felt he needed to find something out. And as he peered inside the room and saw Heechul, Sooyoung, Hyeoyon and Krystal and he also saw the painting ruined.
 
“You did this Heechul?”
 
Hangeng asked as he clenches his fist.
 
“ahmm.. i..”
 
Hyeoyon started but Heechul stopped her.
 
“so what if I did this? It’s only deserving.. she calls this art, yet it’s just a piece of rubbish and entering this into a competition is shameful.. she should not have been chosen in the first place, a gil with no talent!”
 
Heechul bravely muttered and Hangeng loses it.
 
“You’ve crossed the line!”
 
Hangeng screams and Heechul smiles widely.
 
“you’ve only noticed just now? Watch your mouth Hangeng.. I’m the daughter of one of the board of directors and I can withdraw your scholarship, expel you and make you pay every cent invested on you. You do know the contract right? And with one word, I can make your life turn 180o so if I were you better not mess with me.. this is merely a portion of what I can do.. “
 
Heechul mutters and throws the brush away and walks out, both Hyeoyon and Krystal followed after her. Hangeng clenches his fist tighter and punched the adjacent wall, maybe Eunhyuk is right, he can’t b the Prince Charming that he thought he was, he can’t protect Donghae from Heechul.
 
XOXOX
 
As Donghae stares at the ruined painting that night, she cries hard, feeling defeated and weak and now she wishes she was back in Mokpo, awaiting the return of Hyukjae. She cries until a voice stopped her.
 
“Come with me..”
 
She follows the voice not knowing who it was and where it is taking her. It was already late but she doesn’t fear the darkness around her, she doesn’t fear anything but Heechul and her wrath. She continues to follow until the voice stopped and the lights were on, she saw standing in front of a wall was in fact Eunhyuk.
 
“We made a promise didn’t we?”
 
Eunhyuk mutters aas he stares at the wall in front of him.
 
“a promise I intend to keep but I’m afraid I have been unfaithful..”
 
Donghae was silent as Eunhyuk spoke.
 
“I lied to you Lee Donghae.”
 
And before he can even continue with his revelation that night, he felt her warm arms around his waist and soft sobs as she cries and mutters.
 
“I knew it was you.. Hyukjae.. “
 
And Eunhyuk cries as he smiles. Now the pretending is over, his mask have been removed and he turns to kiss her sweetly.
 
“I’m sorry if I lied.. but how did you know?”
 
Eunhyuk asked.
 
“I felt your heart.. it was telling me your identity.. who you are.. and I recognize your smile.. I can’t be mistaken. Hyukjae.. “
 
Warm embrace and rivers of tears, the two stood in the middle of the dance floor where they practiced their spotlight dance and with smiles on their faces they took a step and danced, without words muttered, without music being played, just their eyes staring at each other and hearts beating for each other.