A Place in my heart - Part 2

A Place in my heart

 

– welcome to the dorm



 

They were the chosen few and they were the new breed of fresh blood with talent and skills. They are the most wanted.. the most envied, the most looked upon.

“Yesung-oppa..”

“Henry-gege..”

“Kyuhyun-oppa”

“Eunhyuk-oppa”

“siwon oppa!”

There were screams and cheers from girls of all level and there were fanboys too for the four talented girls: Sungmin was the cute girl, Ryeowook was the sweet one, Mimi was the popular one and Kibum was the pretty one: But when they saw Donghae, her innocence, purity, and anonymity captured the hearts of every guy in the campus, even that of the known Chinese prince.

“hmm.. so the newbies are here..”

Heechul said, as she stared from the second floor balcony. She waited until all ten of them reached the building and greeted them as they enter the isolated building.

“welcome.. I see ten new faces: this will be your dormitory for the rest of your stay here in the university.”

Heechul smiled and welcomed the ten.

“I’m Heechul”

Sungmin gasped and Heechul grinned.

“judging by your looks, I think you know who I am”

Sungmin nodded

“so..”

“they say you’re the campus…. “

“go on..”

“…”

Sungmin said in a very soft voice but still audible.

“ah.. you heard right.. now if you don’t want to feel my wrath then don’t mess with me..”

Heechul said it as a threat. Back off or I’ll bite.

“so, hmm.. Siwon?”

 

Siwon stepped forward and greeted Heechul.

“ah.. my prince.. I believe you’re also in Jaejoong’s care..”

Siwon nodded.

“come with me.. and the rest of you, wait here..”

Heechul and Siwon disappeared somewhere. Hangeng then greeted them.

“hmm.. I’m Hangeng.. nice to meet you all”

Hangeng shook every hand then stopped to stare at Donghae, she became uncomfortable under the stare.

“is there something on my face oppa?”

Hangeng snapped back to earth.

“oh sorry..”

“well I believe I have three scholars under Yoochoon?”

Henry, Zhou mi and Kibum raised their hands, Hangeng smiled.

“ah.. wow.. two Chinese.. hmm follow me to your rooms..”

The six remaining stood there admiring the dorm; well it was more of a hotel than a dorm.

“Hello, I’m Leeteuk”

“and I’m Kangin”

The six bowed and greeted them.

“I’ll be your unni in this dorm and I’m one of Xiah-sensei’s trainees… so Who’s Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun stepped forward and leeteuk extended a hand.

“and Sungmin”

Sungmin stepped forward as well and Leeteuk extended a hand.

“I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here.. we’ll be graduating by the end of the year so I would want to spend the rest of it with you and make happy memories!”

Leeteuk excitedly embraced the two which made Kangin a little irritated.

“your boy friend is right here Teukie.”

“they’re my Dongsaengs..”

“yah right.. hmm.. Eunhyuk, Yesung and Ryeowook?”

The three raised their hands.

“very well, let’s go see your rooms.”

The three nodded and followed Kangin. Leeteuk noticed the lone girl by the door and approached her.

“you must be Donghae.”

“oh.. hello.. I’m Lee donghae… nice to meet you.”

“you’re Changmin-sensei’s scholar right..”

Donghae nodded and smiled.

“you have such a precious smile, where you from?”

“Mokpo.. I grew up loving the sea..”

At the mention of the place, Eunhyuk turn to look at the girl, he remembered and now his heart can’t stop beating fast: Donghae.. Lee Donghae, the girl he loved..

“Really.. that’s very nice.. oh.. you’re the girl who paints..”

Donghae nodded and smiled innocently.

“I’m not musically inclined like the rest of you.”

“it’s ok.. we’ll get going now, wait for Shindong, he’s Changmin’s student just like you.”

“thank you..”

The eight went their way and Donghae was left there sitting in one of the chairs. She took out her sketchpad and her pencil and started doodling. It seemed like hours and finally someone approached her.

“I guess Shindong’s not back yet.”

“ah.. Hangeng oppa.”

Hangeng gave her a can of soda and sat beside her.

“your drawings are pretty good.”

“I only know how to paint the sea but I do know a little about doodles..”

“you’re really interesting.. hmm an art student..”

Donghae smiled innocently, like a five year old being praised by her teacher. Upstairs, Heechul was observing the two and her fingers balled into a fist.

“so.. an island girl wants to steal my Hannie… you’ll see what a I am..”

Eunhyuk was also observing the two, well Eunhyuk wanted to talk to Donghae.. to introduce himself as the sentimental boy from Mokpo, lee Hyukjae; but she had forgotten him..

“oh so sorry.. Lee Donghae?! Ah.. thank God you’re safe!”

Shindong came running to them.

“oh.. oppa.. are you ok?”

Donghae asked while Hangeng stood and patted the chubby guy in the back.

“oh yeah I’m ok.. sorry.. I got punished for slacking off again.. here I’ll take your suitcase and let’s go to your room.”

Donghae stood up and smiled at her oppa.

“thank you..”

“don’t say that.. I don’t deserve it..”

“everyone deserves to be thanked for.”

“you’re too kind… so what are you?”

“excuse me?”

Donghae was confused and Shindong tried to clarify

“I’m a Venus Fly trap..”

“what?!!”

Donghae was more confused and her brows furrowed.

“Changmin-sensei regard me as his Venus fly trap because I love to eat.”

“oh.. that one.. ah.. I guess a lotus..”

“wow.. such an important flower.. wow.. “

“really?!?!”

“it’s a long story.. so what do you do?”

“I paint..”

‘not musically inclined?”

Donghae shook her head and Shindong smiled.

“it’s ok.. let me teach you dance when we’re both free..”

“wow.. oppa is a dancer..”

“tried to.. but I’m just inferior to Hangeng..”

“but still oppa is a dancer.. you’ll teach me how to dance.. I’m so happy..”

“you’re too innocent.. so who’ll be teaching you?”

“Changmin sensei introduced me to Sooyoung sensei.. she’s pretty and kind..”

“yeah and younger than me..”

“what?!?!”

“she’s just 20 and she’s been teaching for four years.. she managed to graduate from here at the age of 16, she’s a monster!”

“she’s that talented..”

“a world-renowned prodigy in painting.. much like that Henry guy.. “

“the Canadian violinist?”

“yup.. news is that he already finished his Violin ranking and was even awarded silver medal.. such talent.. Yoochoon really knows one when he sees one..”

“oh.. so Changmin sensei made a mistake choosing me..”

Donghae sulked as they reached the room.

“oh no.. don’t say that.. what Changmin sensei did is not an accident. He also chose me.. and he said that I had the makings of a great dancer..”

“are you not?”

“well.. I was not at first.. being with Hangeng was a little heart breaking. With his talent.. I’m dog poo!”

Donghae laughed.

“I’m sorry..”

 

“but all these time, Changmin sensei believed in my talents and he supported me and all his plants, Sooyoung was one of them, she’s stargazer. Everyone was against her studying at a young age but Chnagmin never gave up on her.. look at her now..”

“so.. I must believe in myself.. I must make Changmin-sensei proud!”

“yes.. that’s the spirit.. but now let’s go down and eat!”

“aigoo.. you are such a Venus fly trap..”

“let’s go lotus..”