A Place in my heart - Prologue

A Place in my heart

 

Prologue

In a quiet patch of sand in Mokpo, two souls met for the first time. One was a clueless shy girl who loves the sea so much and the other was a budding dancer.

 

Donghae, as she said her name was, loves to paint and the sea inspires her to do so. She was always seen by the beach, painting the sea and its horizon. Her works speak for themselves: at a young age, her mastery of colors and combination is way beyond that of a nine year old.

 

One particular day, Donghae sat by the beach and gazed into the sea, it’s as calm as the wind that blew; a fine day indeed.

 

“Donghae..”

 

Donghae turned to face the friend as she waved and smiled, the friend, however, did not smile back.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

The friend said as silent tears flow down his pale face.

“I can’t fulfill my promise.. We’re leaving..”

 

As the words resound in her ears, Donghae continued to smile back at the friend.

 

“Hyukjae ah.. it’s ok.. it’ll be ok..”

 

“but I promised..”

 

“never mind the promise.. it’s ok.. I’ll be ok.. I can handle myself you know!”

 

Donghae smiled and hugged the friend as she kept the tears to herself. And with a final smile and wave of goodbye, Donghae was left alone staring at the sea, feeling the calmness and serenity at that moment; later that night when Hyukjae had left, a strong storm hit Mokpo as Donghae cried herself to sleep.

 

Since that day, Donghae drew and painted what she sees in the seas that surrounded her: some were bright and blue, some were full of life and bustling with excitement and some were grey and dark… just like how she felt when her childhood friend left.

One fine summer day, Donghae was again out in the beach, painting the sea as inspiration come to her. She started painting and a smile appeared on her face. When she was done and satisfied with her work, she put down her brush and admired her work.

 

“I’ve been observing you for a while”

 

Donghae was shocked and surprised at the same time.

“I’m sorry..”

 

“I’ve been observing you for a while and I’ve noticed that you have such great talent.. do you paint anything else? I mean aside from the sea?”

 

Donghae shook her head as she smile back at the person unknown

 

“thank you.. I’m Donghae and all I paint is the sea..”

 

“oh.. I’m sorry, I haven’t introduced myself.”

 

The man handed him a card and smiled back.

 

“I’m Changmin, One of the faculty members of Seoul University [?]. I belong to the Music department. I’m here on vacation and I’ve

noticed your extreme talent.. what level are you in?”

 

“I’ll be graduating this year..”

 

“great.. I’m giving you an opportunity to audition for a scholarship, your talents are raw and reflects what you feel… your works channel the feeling you impart to every painting you make.. I feel that with proper guidance, you can be a master”

 

“I don’t know sir… Seoul is far from home..”

 

“let me talk to your parents.. it’s an opportunity of a lifetime..”

 

“ok.. follow me sir..”

 

₀•₀•₀•₀•

 

Years passed and Eunhyuk shed the klutzy teary eyed guy he was before he transferred to Seoul. HE changed his name from that Dorky Hyukjae to the cool and manlier Eunhyuk. His form was pretty much the same and he still had that gummy smile but he is more reserved; he is known as a mysterious guy and people around him never knew what his past was.. no one knew about the girl he kept in his heart..

On a talent’s night sponsored by his high school, several guests from different universities took the chance to scout possible scholarship recipients for dance, voice and instruments. One of the attendees was Yunho, a respected dance Professor in Seoul University. Yunho was looking for talents that go beyond the stage: he wanted raw talent, pure passion and a lot of determination to make their dream a success. Yunho was impressed by most of the participants; Ryeowook was a talented composer as she performed one of her composition, Yesung had a vocal prowess that can topple any singer in the industry and last was the dancer who had an air of mystery which interests the young master.

 

And so the three were given audition slots for the scholarship grants and the young master was looking forward to work with them in the near future.

^^;

 

A scholarship to a fine University became the reason why Hangeng flew from China to Korea; He is a talented dancer and the directors knew that this is rare and should be nurtured. On his first day on campus, He was overwhelmed by the warm welcome of the faculty, Administration staff and most especially the students. He became an instant celebrity in the campus making all the girls fall for him and all the guys jealous of him.

 

This has come to the attention of the famous daughter of the University’s chairman of the board of directors.

 

“hello, I’m Kim Heechul”

 

Heechul extended a hand which Hangeng shook out of courtesy.

 

“I’m Hangeng.”

 

HAngeng said in his most straight Hangul

 

“oh you’ll improve with time.. btw, we have a welcome assembly for all freshmen and we would like to invite you to..”

 

“I’m sorry miss, but I’m not interested in having a girlfriend.. “

 

Hangeng abruptly left which made HEechul hurt and dejected.

 

“I just wanted to welcome you here..”

 

Heechul’s tears were bound to fall but she kept it all in. She smiled back to her friends.

 

“well.. he’s not needed anyway.. girls line up..”

 

Since then, she decided that no man should be above her, and that she can have everything.. and this is all a game..

 

“you’ll see what a I am Hangeng..”

 

She smiled as she walked out of a car, dressed in mini skirt, black stocking, black tank top and stilettos. Boys wanted her, for one, she’s too hot to handle, two, she’s a rich girl and three.. she is a challenge..She may look too easy to get but you’ll have to die thrice before you can touch her, she became a player and that doesn’t bother her anyway. When by chance Heechul and Hangeng met in a hallway, Hangeng was surprised by the transformation; Heechul just ignored him.

 

“oh.. oppa.. it’s rude to stare..”

 

Heechul giggled as she walk past Hangeng, whose mouth was hanging open, eyes fixed on her.