A place in my heart part 9

A Place in my heart

“shall we start?” Eunhyuk bowed and held out his hand which Dognhae took. Donghae and Eunhyuk both placed their bags down and Eunhyuk escorted Donghae to the center of the dance floor.


“so how do we do this?” Donghae asked as she nervously looked at Eunhyuk.


“Relax Hae, It’ll be easy” Eunhyuk smiled and took her hand gently.


“you just follow me.. forward, side-close, back, side-close. You just form a square.” Eunhyuk stood beside Donghae and did the step. Slowly, Donghae followed him. Right foot stepping forward, left step to the side, right close step, right foot back then left step to the side then close. It was easy and soon Donghae found herself getting the hang of the steps. Eunhyuk smiled and held her hand. 


“and now we dance as a couple” Donghae pushed him away.


“We are not a couple!” Eunhyuk laughed and approached donghae.


“in standard dances, partners are called couples. You cannot dance waltz alone” And so Eunhyuk bowed and asked DOnghae for a dance, this time Donghae agreed.


“now with my lead, forward, side-close back , side close” With a nod, Eunhyuk led Donghae to dance the basic waltz in position.


“You see it’s not as difficult as you think it is.” Donghae smiled at him.


“well I guess so.. but then there’ll be turns and we are not going to stay in one position.” Donghae commented.


“you’re right.. but then we have to go or else we’ll get scolded.” Donghae gasped and hurriedly grab her bag and made a run for it, Eunhyuk stopped her.


“you don’t need to hurry so much..”


“I can’t let Heechul unni catch me again!”


“it’ll be ok. Trust me.”


And so the two walked back to the dorm and Hangeng welcomed them. Heechul was there and she was being a once again but since Eunhyuk took all the responsibilities, she let it pass.


--..—


Donghae was getting busier each day as she prepares herself for the competition. Sooyoung got stricter as the days passed yet she still remained as a big sister for Donghae, encouraging her. 


“no, you cannot bother her now.” Donghae heard Sooyoung talk and when she looked at her, she was talking to Eunhyuk. She quickly cleaned herself and the room. Then she run to sooyoung and bid her goodbye.

“bye Stargazer.. I’ll be going thank you” She then dragged Eunhyuk out of the room and out of the building. 

“Stargazer?” Eunhyuk asked and Donghae smiled at him.


“I’m Lotus, she’s stargazer, Shindong’s Venus flytrap. We are Changmin sensei’s plants.”


“there’s such a thing?” Eunhyuk asked and Donghae nodded while she happily skipped to the dance studio. Eunhyuk followed closely. They entered the room and Donghae was very excited for another day of dance practice. She put down her bag and went to the center of the dance floor. Eunhyuk did the same.

“now let’s try moving around?” Eunhyuk led her as and started with the basic waltz and with counting, they started moving around and Eunhyuk held her hand tightly. They stopped and Donghae was breathless. 


“did you had a hard time?” Eunhyuk asked and Donghae nodded. “why not try tip toeing.. You see, tomorrow, we will be practicing with the rest of them.” Donghae pouted.  


“what.. that is not possible..”
 

“it is.” Eunhyuk pointed to the wall and reminded Donghae. “We both promised and we will do that”


Donghae nodded and did what she was told. Once again, Eunhyuk led her as they cross the dance floor. She turned and Eunhyuk supported her as she leans. 
 

“it wasn’t that hard right?” Eunhyuk asked and Dognhae smiled.
 

“not really..”
 

Then Eunhyuk left her in the middle of the dance floor and got something from his bag. He then asked Donghae to come and sit at one of the chairs in the room. Eunhyuk removed her doll shoes and replaced them with strappy silver stilettos. He helped her stood up and escorted her on the dance floor.


“I don’t think I can do this.”


Donghae said as she wobbled balancing herself with the high heeled shoes. 


“relax, tip toe and Hae.. when we dance.. can you forget everything but me?”


“why?”


“because you have to dance with your heart..”


“i.. “


“while we’re dancing…just pretend that you love me.. only me” Eunhyuk smiled and starting dancing.

 

First it was just some basic waltz steps then after a few rounds of basic steps, he started moving to the side. Three steps to the side then two sets of basic and end with a turn. Start with the basic step to the side, three steps to the back part then turn to the side. The steps were repetitive and easy to remember. Eunhyuk made sure she was supported. He smiled reassuringly as he led her with the final turn and ended with donghae leaning to the side. When Eunhyuk brought her to face him, their eyes met and faces were inches from each other. Donghae closed her eyes as she felt his breath warm on her face. And then all the blood rush throughout their faces as their lips met with absolute sweetness. They broke apart and breathe hard, unsure of what had happened. Donghae grabs her bag and runs out of the room. Eunhyuk stood at the middle dance floor staring at himself in front of the mirror feeling somewhat happy with the turn of events and somewhat sad since he hadn’t expected was what happened. He saw a smile form in his face and grabbed his bag and Donghae’s doll shoes and went back to the dorm.

“oh.. Lotus.. “


Shindong greeted her but Donghae run past him and went straight to her room. Shindong knocked and saw her sititng by the window sill. He also noticed the pair of stilettos beside her.


“hey.. what happened?”

Donghae shook her head.


“C’mon.”


“I think I’m cheating on hyukjae..”


“hyuk who?” Shindong was confused.


“I’ve been in love with hyukjae for a long long time.. but now, I think Eunhyuk oppa is taking his place in my heart.” Donghae looked at the stilettos and then to Shindong.


“You know.. if Eunhyuk has a place in your heart, then maybe you do love him.. but friends also have special places in our hearts. You shouldn’t think so hard about it.. “


Donghae smiled and hugged Shindong.


“Thank you oppa”


Shindong smiled and left her alone to settle the questions in her heart.


---…---


Eunhyuk leans on the wall as he watches the other pairs practice their waltz.


“Hey.. when she finally decides to join us tell me ok..” Sungmin shouted and Yesung stopped her.


“you shouldn’t do that.. you’ll get bad reps.”


“she’s a hassle!”


Then the door opened and Donghae entered wearing thee stilettos and everyone looked at her.


“I’m sorry I’m late.”


Eunhyuk looked at her and was happy to see her.


“I thought you wouldn’t come..”


“I can’t.. or else Sungmin would ninja assassin me.” Donghae smiled and Eunhyuk laughed a little. He led her to position. The music started and Ryeowook was a little concern.


“Will HAe be ok? I mean she just got here and the steps..”


“oh yes she will be, Eunhyuk is her partner” Kyuhyun answered for her.

The music played and on cue, they all danced the cotillion. Dancing a few basic steps then they moved in a circle. The practice did well and they were all amazed at how Donghae moved so gracefully, eve Siwon was impressed. They wrapped the practice and Siwon announced something for them.


“I talked to Heechul and she said that after the cotillion, there’ll be spotlight dances for each pair so do your best.” He then led Kibum out of the room for their acting lessons.


“spotlight dance?” Donghae murmured and Ryeowook approached her.


“Hae.. you diid so well I’m so proud.”


“oh thank you..”


Sungmin then approached her.


“yah right.. you’re just lucky to have eunhyuk as your partner!”


“nope.. she did really well.” Zhou Mi defended her.

Then Eunhyuk approached her and handed her doll shoes. “your feet might be hurting from those” Donghae thanked him then removed the shoes and wore her comfy ones. 


“wow.. he’s very thoughtful”


Ryeowook commented. Then both Henry and Yesung handed her some food and drinks. Ryueowok smiled and joined the two as they eat their snacks. Zhou mi and Sungmin then grabbed Kyuhyun by the arm and then dragged him out of the studio to eat something. Eunhyuk wanted to ask Donghae for some snacks but Hangeng entered the room and immediately escorted Donghae out of the room.