A Place in my heart - Part 5

A Place in my heart

 

Chapter 5 - Let's team up

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

It was this space that Donghae called her own little bubble: a small space to be herself and be inspired by nature. She looked at the window to gaze at the pond and saw a familiar face sitting by the edge of a bench. Donghae stares and a smile appeared on her face as Eunhyuk stood up and started to dance.

 

The wind blew and Eunhyuk suddenly wanted to dance. He stood up and started loosening up and with his Ipod on full blast, he started to move his legs and in time with the beat, he moved effortlessly like waves crashing on a shore and returns to the sea, smooth and spontaneous.

 

Donghae got inspired and she quickly sat on her chair and mixed shades of blues, and for the first time since she came to Seoul, she was inspired to do something: and that something was not the sea.

 

Eunhyuk breathed out as the music stop and when he saw around him a hoard of fangirls with lunches and other gifts. Eunhyuk got a little scared and after a minute of staring, he smiled his gummy smile and off he went to run away from the crowd waiting to devour him whole. The girls followed him, screaming his name and endless saranghae’s; Eunhyuk feared for the worst. Donghae heard faint screams and she shrugged the feelings off and continued with her work: apparently, it was the sea but this time, it is an abstract of waves in white silver and blue, a view of the water underneath the glimmering sun.

 

Eunhyuk ran for his life, literally and he found a door and entered it, he sighed a relief as he lock the doors, but was surprised to see Heechul in there.

 

“I guess you were in a tight squeeze? I would want to help you, although I would ask a hefty price”

 

Heechul said and Eunhyuk has no way out but say yes. Heechul smirked and grabbed Eunhyuk’s hands and place it on her hips.

 

“just do what I say and you’re safe”

 

Heechul smiled seductively and Eunhyuk opened the door. The girls stopped screaming as the two emerges and Heechul has her game face on.

 

“Back off.. he’s mine!”

 

The girls made way for the two and Eunhyuk was surprised at the pross of Heechul: she is indeed a force not to reckon with. They walked away until no one was there and Eunhyuk let go of Heechul and stopped walking, Heechuk noticed him stop and she smiled at Eunhyuk.

 

“I just saved you, mind thanking me?”

 

“Did I just witnessed your influence?”

 

Heechul laughed.

 

“not even close Hyukkie..”

 

She approached Eunhyuk and whispered in his ears which made him shiver.  He has no way out but go with her plans, he has a debt to pay.

 

“I guess we have a deal now Hyukkie, nice working with you..”

 

Heechul  swayed her hair as she walks away leaving Eunhyuk frozen in place. He smiled and went to his class, maube working with her has an advantage: he’ll get away from the girls and he’ll have Heechul’s help when he needed it.

 

---000---

 

“Donghae ah..”

 

Shindong calls for her and She in turn responded

 

“oppa.. I’m in here”

 

Shindong entered her room and was amazed by the creation in front of her. Shindong’s mouth agape as the painting was finally finished.

 

“wow, Lotus.. that’s one piece of art, I’m not knowledgeable in arts but this is amazing”

 

Shindong was very happy to witness her skill.

 

“well I guess Changmin sensei made the right choice choosing you.”

 

Sooyoung came behind them and patted Donghae’s back. She smiles and dialed some numbers

 

“Changmin sensei.. yes..”

 

Sooyoung exited and Shindong waited for Donghae to clean up before they leave the room.

 

“what’s the hurry Oppa?”

 

Shindong slightly blushed as he arranged his hair neatly.

 

“I’m going to introduce you to a special person.”

 

Shindong smiled and Donghae smiled as well, although she was still clueless on what was going to happen. They reached a small café just outside the university and approached a table with a lone girl sipping hot coffee and reading some college notes.

 

Shindong nervously checked himself on the café glass window. Donghae saw the girl and realized what was going to happen. She arranged Shindong’s tie and hair before patting him on the back.

 

“you look perfect oppa.”

 

Shindong was reassured and he led Donghae to meet his special girl Nariya. The girl was two years younger than Shindong and she was shy and pretty.

 

“Nari, this is my dongsaeng Donghae.”

 

Donghae extended a hand and Nariya gladly shook them.

 

“wow, you’re such a pretty girl Unnie.. really pretty.”

 

Nari blushed and Shindong can’t help but adore his sunflower.

 

“Sunny, sweetie.. Hae’s new to Seoul so I invited her today.”

 

“it’s not a problem”

 

 

“Hae, Sunny is an English Major and I thought you might needed some help with your English. Not that I’m saying you’re weak or anything but just in case you needed some help, Sunny can help you.”

 

Donghae was a little confused with the name switch.

 

“I thought your name was Nari?”

 

Donghae’s brows furrowed and Nariya laughed softly.

 

“I am indeed Nari but my English name is Sunny, and Shindong refers to me as his sunflower.”

 

“oooh.. isn’t that sweet of oppa.. well speaking of English.. I do need help with my idioms..”

 

Donghae brought out her notes and Nari gladly helped her understand them one by one. The meeting dragged on for hours as the three of them enjoyed the company of each other; they talked about many things and managed to study all at the same time, somehow Donghae felt she’ll enjoy her stay in Seoul.

 

They returned to the dorm very late and this made Hangeng worry for Donghae’s safety. When both of them return to the dorm after accompanying Nariya to her respective dorm, they went home happily.

 

“Shindong , where the hell where you, I was calling you and Donghae hasn’t returned…”

 

Hangeng quickly told Shinding but stopped when he saw Donghae lagging behind him.

 

“I’m sorry Hangeng gege, we were just studying and we hadn’t noticed the time..”

 

Hangeng was relived and he hugged Donghae who was surprised.

 

“I’m glad you’re safe.”

 

“you don’t need to worry.. I’m fine.”

 

“so I guess we have a little rendezvous here?”

 

Heechul suddenly appeared behind them with Eunhyuk behind her.

 

“I see our dear island girl is breaking the rules already.”

 

Heechul said, being all powerful and Diva like.

 

“it’s my fault, don’t bash her.”

 

Shindong quickly defended the lotus.

 

“and you’re still seeing that girl Shindong, you do know that it’s against the rules.. both of you are really law breakers don’t you think? “

 

Heechul stared at Donghae straight  in the eyes the poor  Donghae was welling up.

 

“I’m sorry, if there was something wrong with my actions I give my sincerest apologies.”

 

Donghae muttered as tears roll down her face.

 

“if everything can be fixed by sorry then there won’t be North and South Korea just plain Korea…”

 

Donghae completely cried and Hangeng has to step in to stop her bratty mouth.

 

 

“would youjust give her a break, she is new here and Shindong is with her, can you not act all too clean and highly.”

 

“I’m just stating a truth that probably you are all arrogant about. It is not a matter of sincerity in asking forgiveness but an issue of following the rules, if there are no rules in then we will all turn into cannibals. Why do we need rules? To be civilized members of this society and everyone should follow them. If everyone breaks them then let’s just all be cannibals.”

 

Heechul walked out very angry and Eunhyuk followed her to her room. Donghae was crying.

 

“Heechul ah.. do you think you were a little..”

 

“harsh Hyukkie?”

 

Heechul faced him and he saw tears rolling down her face.

 

“I don’t want to talk to him in such a crude way..  it hurts when me more than I hurt him..”