A Place in my heart - Part 3

A Place in my heart

 

Part 3 – What animal are you?

a/n: this part is super fluff and random… I’m sorry…



 

 

Shindong dragged Donghae to the mess hall since she was too slow for Shindong’s taste: his tummy is rumbling and he needs nourishment now!

Luckily, when they reached the mess hall, the table was set and everyone was seated where they should be. Hangeng motioned for Donghae to seat beside her while Shindong took a seat next to Donghae.

“well.. we usually have a chef to cook our dinner but tonight, Ryeowook prepared this for us.”

Hangeng smiled and thanked Ryeowook who blushed at the compliment. She was sitting in between Henry and Yesung.

They all eat in silence when Shindong exclaimed.

 

“wow… this is so good.. Ryeowook I think I love you!”

 

Ryeowook blushed harder and the two guys beside her glared at the Venus Fly trap.

“what? I love good food and Ryeowook cooks great food.. I think I’m in heaven.”

Shindong continued eating and smiled at Ryeowook.

“thank you oppa..”

Ryeowook smiled and ate her dinner contented.

“aish.. how can you say that to Ryeowook.”

Henry muttered under his breath.

Eunhyuk was sitting beside Heechul and was concentrating at looking at Donghae rather than eating his food, Ryeowook noticed him not eating and became emotional, Yesung noticed Ryeowook almost in  tears and yelled at Eunhyuk.

“aish.. can you be a little sensitive!”

Eunhyuk looked back at Yesung who was mad at the dancer then to Ryeowook.

“oh.. sorry.. the food is delicious Ryeowook, it’s just that I’m not feeling well right now..”

Eunhyuk made an alibi and this worried Ryeowook, it worried Donghae more; she can’t explain it but she feels she had this responsibility over Eunhyuk. Donghae immediately stood up and approached Eunhyuk, All eyes followed her.

“are you ok?! You look rather pale..”

Donghae touched Eunhyuk’s forehead and the young lad’s face heat up and turned red as a tomato.

“oh dear.. I think you have a slight fever.. you should rest..”

Then Donghae turn to Ryeowook and asked her

“Ryeowook-sshi.. DO you know how to make Chicken soup?”

Ryeowook nodded.

“can you help me make one?”

Ryeowook smiled and stood up.

“of course, are you done with your food?”

Donghae nodded.

“then let’s do it now..”

The two disappeared somewhere in the kitchen leaving the rest dumbfounded.

“ah.. lucky you, you now have a personal nurse and chef.. how much do they get?”

Heechul asked Eunhyuk then laughed her trademark laugh, Sungmin swore she’s really that , making fun of poor Eunhyuk.

=====

Ryeowook and Donghae started getting stuff from the fridge and pantry. Ryeowook started chopping onions while Donghae boiled some chicken.

“I wonder, why do you care that much for Eunhyuk?”

Ryeowook asked and Donghae thought hard then smiled.

“I don’t know..”

“really now.. well you see back in High school, he’s so mysterious.. he don’t talk about his past.. like his childhood and stuff..”

“maybe it’s a little painful for him.”

Donghae said as she slice some carrots. Ryeowook hummed a song she was working on then grabbed some parsley to chop.

“maybe you’re right.. this is so random but Donghae, if you’re an animal, what would you be?”

Ryeowook asked and Donghae chuckled.

“wow.. that is so random. But I’ll be a dolphin.”

Donghae answered, and Ryeowook can see stars in Donghae’s eyes, she’s so pure and innocent and Ryeowook would love to keep that.

“why?”

Ryeowook added.

“because I grew up loving the sea.. I belong there.. and Dolphins are said to be the guardians and protectors of the sea.. I want to be a creature that is helpful to others… I want to save people.. I want to care for them..”

Ryeowook can feel the sincerity in Donghae’s words.

“no wonder you want to take care of Eunhyuk even though you just met him.”

Ryeowook answered and smiled as she dump the vegetables in the pot.

“maybe you’re right.. so Ryeowook, same question”

Ryeowook stop to think and replied

“a rabbit maybe..”

But then Sungmin entered and gave her a big NNNOOOOO!

“I’m the bunny princess and no one can be a rabbit but me!”

She pouted and it scared Donghae, Ryeowook laughed a little then raised the white flag.

“fine Minnie.. you’re the bunny!”

And so Ryeowook thought hard as she stirs the contents of the pot.

“I always wanted a hamster.”

She said to her self then before the three knew it, Henry came rushing to the kitchen with plates at hand.

“no.. I’m the hamster.. do I look not like a hamster.. there can only be one hamster and that’s me!”

Henry puffed his fluffy cheeks and Ryeowook can’t help but smile.

“ok.. you’ll be the hamster Henry.”

Ryeowook gently pinched Henry’s cheeks; Henry blushed hard.

Ryeowook then turned her attention back to the soup while Sungmin and Donghae washes the dishes.

“hmm how about a turtle.”

“no!”

A falsetto was heard which made the three girls and even Henry who was staring at Ryeowook jump a little.

“if there should be a turtle.. it has to be me!”

Yesung proudly said and the four had unexplainable expressions. Finally the soup was done and Ryeowook ladled out some on a bowl. But since she made more than enough for one serving, they all decided to serve it to everyone. Donghae served it to Eunhyuk.

“here.. this will make you feel better.”

Donghae smiled and left Eunhyuk who was still blushing hard. Eunhyuk sipped the soup which was boiling hot and got hurt. Donghae quickly rushed to him and handed him a glass of water.

“here.. I guess you now have a patient under your care.”

Siwon stood up and let Donghae sit on his chair. He then transferred to where Donghae sat and started chatting with Hangeng.

“are you ok Eunhyuk?”

Eunhyuk nodded and Donghae sighed. She then took the spoon and got some soup, blew it to cool then turned to Eunhyuk.

“here, it’s much cooler than before..”

Eunhyuk took the soup and smiled.

“much better..”

“oh.. you remind me of my childhood friend.. he’s so clumsy..”

“really?”

Donghae nodded as she continued feeding Eunhyuk. Ryeowook was still thinking which animal she would be.

“so I guess a monkey? It’s closest to a human.”

Ryeowook said as she hands Shindong the soup.

“ah.. I’m like the monkey remember?”

Eunhyuk muttered softly and Ryeowook tipped her head to the side and think for a while; Yesung and Henry found this very cute and irresistible.

“oh yeah.. you were the monkey for the school play.. too bad I was the fairy.. so I guess a puppy?”

Ryeowook said as she sat between Henry and Yesung.

“Ehmm..”

All eyes were now focused on Heechul who was staring back at Ryeowook.

“did I do something wrong unni?”

Ryeowook nervously asked.

“there’s only room for one in this house.. and that would be me!”

Heechul crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

“oh.. I forgot.. sorry.. then.. a fox?”

Kyuhyun raised his hand..

 

“a pig.. pigs are cute..”

Shindong looked at her and smiled.

“oh.. so you are the pig.. bear?”

“looking at him.”

Kangin answered and Ryeowook sighed.

“ok.. so I don’t care what animal I become.. stupid question.. why did I even think of it in the first place”

Ryeowook pouted and slumped on her chair. Yesung and Henry whispered to her at the same time.

Butterfly

And Ryeowook smiled, she kissed both of them on the cheeks.

After dinner, they all return to their respective rooms; Eunhyuk stopped Donghae from leaving so soon. He then brought her to the adjacent music room and locked the door behind him.

“oppa.. I’m getting scared.”

“relax.. Hae.. I just want to tell you something..”

“something?”

“it’s really important..”