A Place in my heart - Part 1

A Place in my heart

 

a/n: Sorry for the late update! been very busy lately~ but here i will post 2 - 3 chapters^^

 


 

Spring signaled the start of another school year. It has been the same each year: freshmen enter universities and there will be some who will utterly rise to fame in an instant, others will be just the onlookers and supporters and an unfortunate handful that will be the center of the bullying attention.

During the freshmen welcome assembly, there were already a few who rank above the rest:

Yesung – the artist

He was by far the most anticipated singer of the century. His vocal prowess and undying charm can make each heart fall for this mysterious lad.

Ryeowook – the composer

This shy little girl is no ordinary frosh to mess with. At a young age, she was able to compose songs that even renowned composers would agree that they are in fact heartfelt.

Eunhyuk – the dancer

This lad has the makings of a master in dance and not to mention rap. Eunhyuk has been in the center of all programs in his high school and have been a charmer; guys wanted to be him, girls wanted to be with him.

Sungmin – The princess

A singer with the irresistible cuteness: the self proclaimed princess has her own way of getting all the attention. She also boasts of her guitar skills and had been deemed as the Korean Taylor Swift.

 

Kyuhyun – The prodigy

At a young age, this handsome lad has one of Korea’s powerful and artistic voices. Although he is a prince in his own right, his attitude can be a little harsh for his own good.

 

Kibum – the actress

A pretty girl from the US, this girl has been the lead actress in her high school musicals since she was five. With Korean roots, she is fluent in both Hangul and English.

 

Henry – the violin master

The young Chinese Canadian violin Master was chosen for his amazing skills: Violin, piano, vocals and dancing; a sweetheart that captured a lot of girls and guys alike, but has kept a humble heart. HE is fluent in four languages: English, Hangul, Mandarin and Cantonese

Siwon – the Korean Prince

A son of a well known CEO, this lad has proven that perfection can exist. A well rounded president of his High school Student council and the class valedictorian: he has become every girl’s dream husband.

Zhou Mi – the Chinese doll

The model, actress, singer, and lyricist from China has been accepted in one of the finest universities in Seoul. She is fluent in three languages: Mandarin, English and Hangul.

Donghae – The painter

An innocent girl from Mokpo who had captured the hearts of boys with her smile and character; A budding artist with a passion for the sea, Donghae was chosen for her raw talent and genuine character.

They were the chosen few: chosen by the top professors of the university and has been known to be very strict rivals despite being very good friends. Each year, they will choose whoever produced the best scholar and the winner will receive bragging rights: yes bragging rights and these five young masters would risk everything for those bragging rights.

The top five young masters of Seoul University or also known as DBSK were:

Yunho – the ladies’ man

HE’s known for his amazing dancing skills and good looks. This year he has chosen three scholars: Ryeowook, Yesung and Eunhyuk. He believed these three has the makings of a true master in their respective fields.

 

Xiah – the vocal master

He’s known for his vocal skills and passion for music. HE chose Sungmin and Kyuhyun as his trainees for he is sure these two had the best voices in Korea.

 

Jaejoong – the silent killer

Not a very talkative and expressive professor, Jaejoong has produced several great talents of Seoul University such as the international superstar BoA and Rain. Jaejoong chose Siwon as his baby this year for he believes that a true talent must be given full attention.

 

Yoochoon – the international master

He’s known for his travels around the globe searching for fresh talents: he had even convinced Hangeng to study at Seoul University. This year, he had found three talented frosh from USA, Canada and China: Kibum, Henry and Zhou mi respectively.

 

Changmin – the gardener

He’s the youngest in the group and had never won any bragging rights although he never wanted to have one either. He is focused on nurturing talents, for he believe that constant watering can bring out the best in every person’s potential. He chose Donghae for he sees a blank slate to work with, a sponge that can absorb every lesson and an ego that can be humble.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Inside the faculty room of the Music and Arts Department, there was a round table discussion with the DBSK members.

“you chose a CEO’s son.. I don’t know Jaejoong.. last time you chose the director’s daughter.”

Yunho said as he browse through the profiles of the ten scholars.

“it’s one of my strategies. Heechul’s very popular you know..”

“yah.. as a .. and she’s been chasing my prodigy Hangeng for four years..”

Yoochoon added.

“well, Changmin.. why choose someone not musically inclined? You do know you can harness the talents of singers and dancers because it’s your forte, why art?”

Xiah curiously asked and Changmin sighed

“I’m not in the competition you know, I just feel that she’ll do great one of these days. Although I know only a little about art, she’s my lotus flower: I have this feeling that she’ll be very valuable in the near future.”

“ok.. Mr. gardener.. no more plants vs. zombies for you!”

The five laughed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The ten scholars found themselves inside the conference room. Moments later, the famous DBSK entered and started the briefing.

“this is not your ordinary college course. Under this program, you’ll be attending selected classes that can hone your potential. You won’t be able to attend regular courses like everyone else and will focus on your forte for the rest of your stay here in the University.”

Yunho said plainly.

“ since most of you have various talents, we would want you to choose one that you’ll be focusing, let’s start with Yesung.”

Yunho asked his scholar.

“I would want to focus on my singing.”

“ok, your minor?”

“uhm probably acting.. I want to go on musicals”

“ok.. very good choice.”

Yunho noted that and then turned to Ryeowook.

“same question Ryeowook.”

“uhmm. Sir, I would really want to focus on my composition, then singing”

“ok.. I have the perfect curriculum for you.”

“last, Eunhyuk, I believe this is your nickname?”

“yes sir, I want to concentrate on my dancing. And I do rap.. maybe focus on that too.”

“you’ll be training under me personally..”

Yunho finished his notes then it was time for Xiah to ask his trainees.

“Sungmin-sshi.. uhm can I call you Minnie instead?”

“yes sir.. I love that name.. uhmm.. I still don’t know what to do..”

Sungmin said cutely.

“I heard you sing. It was pretty ok, the quality was there but it can be improved further.”

“really sir? But I want to be Taylor Swift. She sings and composes her own song.”

“why settle for her when you can exceed her status. Have faith in yourself.”

Sungmin nodded and Xiah smiled.

“I’ll take care of your curriculum, trust me Minnie ok?”

Minnie just smiled and nodded.

“so Kyuhyun.. hmm..”

“singing.”

“yes I understand.. your minor?”

“clarinet.”

“hmm.. well let me see what I can do with that.. your genre?”

“ballad”

“so we’ll work with pop and techno.”

By now, Donghae was really scared; how can she say to those five that she can only paint the sea?

“moving on, Siwon would you rather be a singer or an actor?”

“both.. but I think I am more marketable as an actor and a model.”

“perfect.. that’s why I chose you very smart..”

Jaejoong was very pleased with his baby.

“so now.. uhm Kibum..”

“actress..”

“very pretty and talented.. perfect as an actress.. Jaejoong will be teaming you up with Siwon on your acting class. You’ll be perfect as a love team.”

Kibum blushed hard and Jaejoong looked at the pair and smiled.

“ok, Henry, I believe you’ve finished your violin level 10”

Henry nodded.

“hmm.. we’ll focus on your singing and dancing instead.”

“hmm that’ll be great..”

“ok.. now Zhou mi..”

“I prefer to be called Mimi”

“ok mimi..”

“I want you to focus in singing then composing maybe..”

“uhm.. I can do that..”

And Yoochoon wrote some notes. Changmin stood and approached the nervous Donghae.

“Donghae ah.. I’m glad you considered this option.”

Changmin happily welcome his lotus.

“Changmin Sensei, thank you for choosing me, I’ll do my best!”

“that’s great. Now let me introduce you to Sooyoung, she’ll be in charge of you from now on but I’ll still check up on you from time to time.”

Changmin smiled and Donghae nodded just like she always do. Eunhyuk was silent in his place as he listened to the name, it resounded in his brain.. Donghae.. it has always been a comforting name to hear.