A place in my heart part 14

A Place in my heart

It was the final day for the competition and Sooyoung excitedly presented Donghae’s entry to the organizing committee who will be pre-examining the entry for compliance with the mechanics. Donghae was there nervously holding Eunhyuk’s hand as Sooyoung removes the cover of the canvass. They were all surprised, even Donghae, since the black smear was gone and it was transformed into an accent of the whole design, complimenting donghae’s original master piece. Donghae sighs as she stares at the canvass and she noticed a very small signature near the black paint, though it was almost invisible due to its very small size.



The organizers smiled and congratulated Donghae on her work and they are very glad to take her work as a contestant for the competition.

“Who do you think did it?”

Eunhyuk asked her as they walk near the pond, hand in hand and smiling happily.

“I have my guesses but I thank that person who ever he or she is..”

Donghae smiled happily, being reunited with her first love and having her work in a competition is already enough for her to make her life really happy. As they reach one of the benches near the pond, they were welcomed by cheers and applause, everyone was cheering for them.

“Hae.. I’m sooooo Happy!!”

Ryeowook hugged her dearly and both Mimi and Minnie congratulated her. Kyuhyun handed her a bouquet, Henry gave her a stuffed Fish and Yesung presented her with a cake.

“but it’s not my birthday..”

Donghae mutters and All of them smiled and muttered.

“It’s for your competition and for getting together with Eunhyuk!”

And they all laughed as both Donghae and Eunhyuk Blushes, Eunhyuk letting go of Donghae’s hand.

“really?”

And they all shouted Kiss and Donghae bit her lower lip and looked at Eunhyuk who didn’t look back. She then suddenly kissed him on the cheeks and looked away. The rest cheered and Eunhyuk touched the place where Donghae kissed him.

“poor you.. you can never have her..”

Heechul mutters as she passes where Hangeng stood, a safe distance away from the rest.

“I pity you more.. you have everything anyone would dream of having but no one loves you..”

Hangeng walks away and Heechul felt like being stabbed in the heart. His words were fierce and sharp, but most of all they are most certainly true. And so Heechul walks away with a broken heart and she held back the tears that are threatening to fall from her already tired eyes.

XOXOX

It was only civil to congratulate Eunhyuk and Donghae as they become a couple and Hangeng did just that. As they all ate dinner, Hangeng proposed a toast for the two and he smiled a genuine but hurting smile. The rest raised their glasses, cheered for the two and congratulated them. They were all present for that celebration, except for Heechul who had been missing since that morning.

Days passed fast and soon the landscape was turning, Winter was approaching and the cold wind blew harder and harder. The competition was nearing the end and by the end of the month, the awarding ceremony will proceed.

As they wait for that day, all of them had been busy with their respective works, practicing hard for their exam before the year ends. Donghae was exempted from her exams for she was chosen as a competitor already, a feat alone worth recognition. And so she would drop by the dance studios or music rooms to check up on her friends. She would not forget to meet Shindong and hand him the lunches Sunny would cook for him.

“why don’t you help me!”

Eunhyuk mutters as he stretches before practicing.

“What kind of help?”

Donghae asked and Eunhyuk walks towards her and grabbed her hand. He then led her to the middle of the dance floor and asked her.

“Dance with me”

“why would i? I don’t even know how to dance!”

“liar.. Hangeng taught you how to dance for the talents’ night..”

Donghae smiles and kisses him briefly.

“I learned to dance because I wanted to dance with you!”