A Place in my heart - Part 4

A Place in my heart

 

Part 4 – almost my confession

 

After dinner, they all return to their respective rooms; Eunhyuk stopped Donghae from leaving so soon. He then brought her to the adjacent music room and locked the door behind him.

 

“oppa.. I’m getting scared.”

 

“relax.. Hae.. I just wanted to tell you something..”

 

“something?”

 

“it’s really important..”

 

Donghae was backed against the wall and Eunhyuk came closer and closer. Eunhyuk took in the details of Donghae’s face, it was as good as he remembered, the innocent eyes that stared at him from way back when, the pouty lips that smiled at him and made him at ease.

 

“oppa… what are you doing?”

 

Donghae closed her eyes as Eunhyuk went nearer, so close that she can feel his warm breath.

 

“I’m… I’m..”

 

Eunhyuk started but he was stopped when he heard Shindong’s voice calling for Hae. Donghae took this opportunity to escape into the protective arms of Shindong.

 

“oppa..”

 

“It’s getting late Lotus.. you should rest your head or else.. Changmin sensei will kill me!”

 

“ok..”

 

“by the way, what are you doing in there?”

 

Shindong pointed out as Eunhyuk walked out of the room, he was stunned.

 

“Eunhyuk-oppa was thanking me for the soup..”

 

Eunhyuk nodded and smiled at Shindong.

 

“oh.. I see.. let’s go to your room and I’ll make sure you lock your doors before I head on to my room.”

 

“wow.. I have my own bodyguard!”

 

“not even close!”

 

---000---

 

Morning came and the first task for the freshmen is English. Of course Henry, Mimi and Kibum won’t have any problems with it but a girl like Donghae would have every bit of problem regardless of difficulty level. Again, she’s not smart like the rest of the group… all she had is the love for the sea and for the boy name Lee Hyukjae.

 

She listened intently at the professor saying random English lines and explaining them in Korean. Idioms. Why did they even invented that! Donghae said to herself as she scribbled on her notes feeling frustrated at the course of her life.

 

“so how was your first period?”

 

Donghae was surprised to be greeted by Hangeng on her way out of the classroom and into her next class.

 

“I don’t think I belong in here.. I’m not smart!”

 

“really now.. it’s ok.. same goes for me on my first day! Remember I am Chinese and I have to learn both English and Hangul!”

 

The two laughed and Donghae was feeling much better… so much better. Hangeng escorted her to her next class before going to his own majors. Heechul was so furious at the Island girl being escorted by none other than Hangeng himself.

 

“I’ll make sure that ing fish goes back to the sea where she belongs.”

 

She angrily said as she turn to attend her class opposite the room where Hangeng just accompanied Donghae. Donghae finds herself inside a bright and airy room with people concentrating on their own works. A tall, slender girl approached her and greeted her with a smile.

 

“Lee Donghae…”

 

“ah.. Sooyoung-sensei..”

 

“you remembered my name.”

 

Sooyoung led her to a room at the end of the hall. Donghae’s eyes widened at the spacious room.

 

“this was specifically reserved for you by Changmin sensei. He said that you loved the sea so this room overlooks the pond outside.”

 

Sooyoung pointed at the pond outside the window and Donghae smiled seeing calm water before her.

 

“And Changmin did the liberty to provide you with the best materials and tools to work with. All the things inside your room are all yours.”

 

Donghae was very excited and she hugged Sooyoung to thank her for the gifts. Sooyoung smiled and embraced her.

 

“Thank you so much!”

 

“you should thank Changmin sensei as well. Now we should both work together to make him proud of all of her plants, right Lotus?”

 

Donghae nodded then replied.

 

“Yes Star gazer”