Autumn Leaves

The revenge of Satan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Eunjung!!”, Hyomin scremed in panic, sweat was emitting on her forehead, her hand was damped with cold sweat, her heart was beating twice faster than usual but she was feeling numbness.   

“Hyomin ah”, Eunjung’s voice was fainted, and Hyomin could feel how tight Eunjung’s hand was holding onto hers. 

“Please look at me love” Eunjung was pleading with concern filled in her voice. 

Fighting back with the heaviness in her eyelids, Hyomin slowly opened her eyes to the dim light, in front of her was Eunjung with worry expression written all over her face. Eunjung stared deeply into Hyomin’s eyes and her heart was wrenching witnessing how scared Hyomin was being, her eyes were showing hint of frightening and confusion. It hurt Eunjung emotionally.  

“Eunjung” Hyomin controlled her cracking voice not to make the latter more worried.

“You’re safe, we are safe, nothing to scare” Eunjung took Hyomin into her arms, comforting her in her warm embrace, kissing her head.

“I have a nightmare” Hyomin stated hugging Eunjung tightly.

“I know” Gently and tenderly, Eunjung’s hand was soothing Hyomin’s hair to calm her down.

“It’s over now, don’t you worry” Soft whisper but with empowered comfort was carried to the listener, Hyomin hugged Eunjung tightly, trying to get over her nightmare that seemed so real.

 They stayed in silence for a moment until Hyomin was the one who broke the hug, forming a small smiling to reassure the latter that she was fine now.

“Thank you for being here” Hyomin reached out for Eunjung’s face, she was touching her as if to make sure she didn’t vanish, Eunjung lifted her hand up and put it on the top of Hyomin’s hand that was caressing her face.

“I’ll always be here” Eunjung gave a tender kiss on the back of Hyomin’s hand.

“I can’t imagine what I would do without you” Hyomin confessed.

“As I said before I’ll never go anywhere and I’ll protect you no matter what” Eunjung made a promise that she would do anything to keep it.

“I’ll do the same” Hyomin stated which Eunjung wouldn’t doubt it, but she preferred to be the one who fulfilled this.

“I know you will but all you need to do is being by my side, and I’ll take care the rest of it” Eunjung stated firmly, Hyomin looked into Eunjung’s eyes, she silently thanked her for that.  

“Shall we go back to sleep, when the sunrise, I promise everything will be alright” Eunjung suggested which Hyomin nodded in agreement. Eunjung caressed Hyomin’s hair until she fell asleep.

 

It would be a lie if Eunjung said she wasn’t shaken by a recent incident that just happened this evening, it wasn’t that she was afraid of getting hurt or worse die but she was scared to lose her love and more mad that if thing went wrong and what could happen to Hyomin then she wouldn’t be able to forgive herself. Now here they were, being safe under their roof, Eunjung couldn’t thank enough for thing turning out this way, otherwise she couldn’t imagine a worse nightmare in life either her or Hyomin had to face. Even so, it pained her to see how traumatized Hyomin was going through, it happened before her eyes.

 

Flashback

As fast as her brain could proceed, and quicker than her brain was reacting, her instint to protect her love, once Eunjung noticed Changmin, she covered Hyomin by using herself as wall block from incoming harm, and with a sudden move, Hyomin didn’t see it coming, she was spinned around and stumbled as the result they fell down into the ground exactly right the moment Changmin shot his gun aiming at Hyomin but failed, followed by the first gunshot, the 2nd and 3rd gun shots were firing but they weren’t from Changmin but from Eunjung’s men who were already there chasing after Changmin when they got the information from their network that he was up to something suspicious, and they didn’t miss it, both of the bullets landed right on Changmin’s chest and stomach, he fell lifelessly to the ground soon enough.

“We got him” A men announced when he was making sure that Changmin was unconscious and wasn’t able to cause any danger to them. Some of them were rushing to help Eunjung up.

 “Are you alright?” Eunjung was checking Hyomin alarmingly when she found her on the ground.

“I’m okay and you?” Still in dazz, Hyomin was oblivious to her surrounding, “What is going on here?” She asked

“I’m fine” Eunjung helped Hyomin up.

“Oh my god” Hyomin closed with her hands upon witnessing the scene before her, Changmin was lying on the ground with blood pooling on his side, Eunjung quickly put Hyomin head on her chest to keep her from seeing awful scene.

“It’s alright, thing is under control” Eunjung consoled a poor girl who was being shocked from unexpected crime.

“Ki-O, take care of things and send all evidences to police if it’s necessary” Eunjung instructed Ki-O who was there guarding the situation.

“Yes, boss” He bowed to her.

“It’s alright, it’s alright” Eunjung noticed how stiff Hyomin was.

“Is he alive?” Shaking voice was obvious. Eunjung shook her head which made Hyomin more shocked.

“Let’s get going” Eunjung shoved her arm around Hyomin’s waist then leading her into the house without a second glance back.    

Eunjung was relieved that Hyomin had only few scratches from falling, but the latter was still in shocking state. It took her a while to get over what she had witnessed until Eunjung could explain what had been happening, and why. Hyomin was silently digesting the information, and she was exceptionally quiet to the point that Eunjung got disturbed. Part of her started to get nervous fearing that Hyomin might not want to go on her life just like this living with her not knowing the hidden dangers. Couldn’t take anymore silence, Eunjung broke it with her question.

“Would you still want to be with me knowing that my life is hanging by a thread?” Sadness was filled in question.

“What’s with the question? Hyomin looked up from her lap.

“I don’t know but …” Eunjung was interrupted when Hyomin reached for her hand.

“After all these things we’ve been through, do you really doubt I would just leave you now? Asked back in slightly upset tone, Eunjung realized she made a mistake.

“Look, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you feel that way” Eunjung sat next to Hyomin and held her hand tight. “I’m just scared to think what I would be without you”, Admitted the woman who looked strong from the outside.

“Please don’t be then, it will never happen, unless you want otherwise” Hyomin knew the soft spot of the older woman who might look tough but she knew her better.

 “I always love to have you here, because it’s hard to imagine a life without you, I won’t be able to go on without your love.” Eunjung gently and weakly cupped Hyomin’s face.

“Then what do you think it would make me to live without you?” Hyomin asked in sacasim.

“I’m sorry to ask such a question, please forgive me and roll it off for now” Eunjung begged.

 

“Don’t worry Eunjung, I just want to make sure you know I always want to be with you” Hyomin beamed brightly to lift up the situation , eventhough a fresh memory of incident still bothered her, if Eunjung was scared to lose her thinking that she would give up and leave, then Hyomin was more scared of losing Eunjung to unpredictable danger like a today, she was too shocked to even think straight what if something bad happened to Eunjung, a person Hyomin dared to say that she loved her more than her life itself now.

 

End of Flashback

 

***********************************

 

Hyomin was feeling uneasy, she was shifting uncomfortably waiting for Eunjung while she was being questioned inside the investigation department. It had been a week after the incident, although the latter was opposed by most of senior members at their association that it was unnessary for her to show up at the law enforcement office because with their power they could keep thing u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter