Tame the wild heart

The revenge of Satan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Massaging her eyes tiredly after long hours of stressing her eyes in front of this wide screen PC, finally Eunjung chose to close her eyes for a while hoping to fight back her drowsiness, but her mind was disturbed by so much thoughts that ran through her head. It had been weeks after the incident happened and when she returned home to find that her gang was discussing about her death and was voting to nominate new leader along with the beneficiary of her heir, fortunately after a along and difficult journey on the bus after bus, Eunjung and Hyomin finally made it home in time to interrupt all the process. It took her gang by surprise to see them alive, unsure if they were glad that they were not dead, but at that very moment, Eunjung lost her trust in her people, unable to explain how she felt, Eunjung unconsciously reached out for Hyomin’s hand and led her into the house to announce they were home.

Opening her eyes again, Eunjung peeked through her PC screen to see a figure sleeping in her couch, not sure why but her body moved it way from her working chair and walked toward a sleeping woman, couching down to grab a blanket which was dropped on the floor to cover to chest level for Hyomin. Satisfied with what she did, smile crept to her face, then her conscious sense brought her back to reality, a curve on her lips turn to a bitter-sweet smile.

“Why does it has to be you, why? Eunjung softly whimpered as she kneeled down the side of the couch, staring at Hyomin sleeping face brought peace to her mind, at this time how Eunjung wished she was a fool and forgot what Hyomin did to bring them here to face this fate together, how she wished Hyomin was someone else she never met in the court years ago. Unknowingly, she reached her hand to touch Hyomin’s face but it stopped in mid-air, as Eunjung hastily got up and walked to her bed. In the world where people she had trusted broke all her trust and where the lie was eating her up, Eunjung knew better to build a stronger wall to surround her and protect herself.

***********************

“Is this food too fancy for you to eat? Eunjung sarcastically snapped at Hyomin as she didn’t see Hyomin eat the food she ordered.

“I guess so, this place is too good for me” Hyomin replied back in her annoying tone.

“I know right” Eunjung smirked

“Why did you bother bringing me here when you knew it” Hyomin asked, pissed off.

 “It’s my choice, not yours” Eunjung said nonchalantly

“Then you should come alone” Hyomin put down her fork and knife

“I can’t waste my precious minutes not to torture you” Eunjung put a piece of steak into

“Oh, yeah” Hyomin’s face sadden.

Eunjung and Hyomin started eating silently with music serenading played by pianist in a classic restaurant, just then their peaceful moment was interrupted by a voice, a very familiar voice that caused Eunjung to stop what she was doing.

“How have you been doing Eunjung?” a woman greeted, Eunjung looked up to see an older woman she wished not see.

“Hi, I’m doing great and you?” Eunjung was frozen at first but managed to react as soon as she brought back her sense.

“I’m terrific” a woman smiled before turning her attention back to Hyomin who was sitting opposite Eunjung.

“Oh, Hyomin meets Soyeon, Soyeon, this is Hyomin” Eunjung introduced.

“Hi, Hyomin, I’m Soyeon, it’s nice to meet you” Soyeon fixed her focus on Hyomin

“It’s nice to meet you too” Hyomin smiled.

 “Is she your new girlfriend?” Soyeon forced a smile.

 “No” Eunjung replied as she looked at Hyomin, and it made Soyeon smiled with hope.

“ She is my wife” Eunjung added with smile which caused Soyeon to widen her eyes, and Hyomin was not much better, she didn’t expect Eunjung to announce it in public, however it made her heart skip a beat to hear so.

“Oh, congratulation” Soyeon faked a smile .

“Thanks” Eunjung said

“Hyomin, are you done with your food?” Eunjung asked and ignored Soyeon

“Yes” Hyomin answered

“Ok” Eunjung waved her hand for waiter’s attention

“Bill please” Eunjung told a waiter.

“It’s nice to see you again Eunjung” Soyeon said

“ Well, see you around” Eunjung said without much care as she was taking her credit card to pass to waiter and it made Soyeon upset a lot.

“It’s nice to see you Soyeon shi” Hyomin said genuinely , Soyeon smiled at Hyomin with a bow before excusing herself to a table with a man waiting there.

As soon as Soyeon left, Eunjung quickly walked out of the restaurant and Hyomin grabbed her thing before spinning her legs after Eunjung.

“What’s the matter with you?” Hyomin asked as she chased up with Eunjung.

“None of your business” Eunjung said and hastily opened the door to the car, Hyomin quickly got in as she didn’t want to be left behind.

“You can be harsh to me but you don’t have to be harsh to everyone around, they are just being nice to you” Hyomin voiced out.

“Don’t act like you know everything” Eunjung spat

“I don’t know everything but I know when to be nice to people who is nice to me” Hyomin snapped back

“Then I did the right thing” Eunjung smirked

“What do you mean?” Hyomin was puzzled

“I was being mean to people who was mean to me” Eunjung explained

“Did she do something bad to you?” Hyomin softened her answer

“She didn’t do something bad, she just made me learn not to trust people” Eunjung smiled bitterly before driving off from the restaurant.

Hyomin stole a glance at Eunjung and lost in her thought, figuring it out how much the woman sitting next to her had been through to turn her into an evil satan that she had to put up with every single minutes of her life. Hyomin came to a conclusion that major part of this effect might come from her as well, she couldn’t imagine how she would feel if she lost her one and only sister Jiyeon because she meant everything to her and it wouldn’t be much different from the way Eunjung treasured her brother and it was alright for her to blame her for taking her brother’s life, or at least that what she made people believe, and Hyomin never regretted doing that, on the other hand she was proud of herself for being able to protect her sister from the cruel world that she wouldn’t have to go through. Just then her train of thought was broken by the door shutting sound, Hyomin realized Eunjung already get off the car and she was left alone inside, looking around, they stopped on the side of the bridge road and Eunjung was walking toward the side view, following suit, Hyomin quietly approached Eunjung who rested her arms on the rail looking view above the bridge.

“This was where I confessed to her” Eunjung stated, Hyomin was surprised that Eunjung told her this.

“Did she reject you?” Hyomin asked to carry on the conversation.

“I wished she did, but no she didn’t” Eunjung reminisced of her sweet memory

“So this place shall hold your good memory then” Hyomin gave her opinion.

“I guess so” Eunjung smiled.

 “How long did you break up with her?” Hyomin asked as she assumed it might have been long that someone could talk about her breakup without showing any pain.

“Not long after my brother died” Worse memory rushed back to Eunjung as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter