He didn't forgot

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend

 

 

Baekhyun was on his usual spot. He's sitting on the bench, across the huge field of the university. Turning his head left and right, in search of a familiar giant. He looked at his watch, and he noticed that he's a bit early. Their professor on vocals just gave them an activity and left for he has a meeting to attend. 


"Hi hyung." Kyungsoo wave at him while walking to where he was. He smiled and motion for him to sit. "Can we make our activity on vocals this weekend?" he asked, Baekhyun remembered that Chanyeol told him to hangout on their house this weekend. 

"Oh uhmm, can we just make it this friday? I have things to do this weekend." he and Kyungsoo were groupmates on the said activity. They need to collaborate on a song to sing for a duet. "My class ends at 3, yours ends 30 minutes after that right?" Baekhyun asked. "Yes, can we practice at your house?" Baekhyun nods.

"Okay hyung, I'll go and eat lunch. You're waiting for Chanyeol, right?" he hummed in response. "Bye, see you on friday." Baekhyun waved and smiled. Kyungsoo stalk off and waves as well. He checked on his watch, and it's already 10 minutes past twelve. Chanyeol must be here.

 

"Come on, Baek!" Chanyeol grab his hands and started running. "Why are you in a hurry?" he asks in between breathes. "I'll tell you later." Chanyeol replied and runs faster. They've reached the cafeteria, both panting hard. "Dara, this is Baekhyun, my friend." Chanyeol says as he finally catch his breath. He motioned for Baekhyun to move forward to see her. Baekhyun's eyes round in shock as he saw the girl. Well, she's not just an ordinary girl, he's Chanyeol's long time crush. Ahh, that's why he's running so fast. I see. He smiled as he offers his hands for a handsake. "Its nice to finally meet you." he says cheerfully, enough to destroy the bitterness in his tone. "Its nice to meet you too." she smiled sweetly and accepts Baekhyun's hands. 


"Baek, she's joining us for lunch today, and maybe on the other days to come." Chanyeol looked at him and shifted his gaze to Sandara. He smiled bitterly and muttered, "Oh, that would be great." 

 

They ate lunch together, and Baekhyun has to stop looking at them, cause really he can't take it. He gathered his things and stand, "I need to go, enjoy your lunch." he smiled at waved at the two. "But, its still early for your next class." Chanyeol looked at him, confused. "Ahh, I have to go to the library. I have something to do." he lied. "Oh, okay. I'll call you later." Chanyeol's gaze followed his retreating back until he's out of sight and looked at Dara. "Uhmm, do you  have things to do this weekend?" he asked. She smiled and shakes her head. "Then, how about a movie on Saturday?" he asked wiggling his brows. She chuckled and nodded, "Okay."  Chanyeol forgot his plans for the weekend, before that.

 

 

Baekhyun's phone rings after his last class, and picks it up. 

 

Channie calling.....

 

"If you're going to tell me that Sandara finally noticed you, then congratulations." he said while rolling his eyes. "You really are my bestfriend!" Chanyeol laughed on the other line. "But seriously, where are you? he asked. "I'm on my way there. Wait for a minute." he hang up and walked faster. He saw Chanyeol leaning on the school gates and he immediately walk towards him. "Okay, I'm all ears. You may now start." Chanyeol just looked at him and laughed.

"I can't believe she's talking to me Baek!" Chanyeol starts his what-so-ever-marathon. That's because your famous now. Baekhyun wants to comment, but he knows it will just break Chanyeol's enthusiasm, so he kept his mouth shut and just nod. They're walking while strolling their bike. And Chanyeol just keeps on rambling about what happened when Dara first spoke to him, and how he nearly fainted when they're walking side by side towards the cafeteria, and Baekhyun didn't catch all of it and was currently looking at his shoes. "I asked her out this weekend, and guess what? She said yes!" Chanyeol shakes his shoulders, eyes filled with happiness. Baekhyun just realized what Chanyeol said and he smiled bitterly. Oh, he forgot. I shouldn't be surprised. He found himseld muttering, "That's great."

 

Does everything seems great, Baekhyun? He laughed in self mockery. Chanyeol stared at him for a while and asked, "Are you alright, Baek?" he looked concerned and Baekhyun want to punch him. Really are you asking me if I'm okay? It's all because of you, idiot! He just hummed in response. 

 

Once he went inside their house, he finally let out the breath that he's been holding. He sat on the couch and closed his eyes. I should get used to this feeling, I'm just his friend anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's Friday, he and Kyungsoo were on his house and is currently looking for a good song to sing on their vocals activity. Baekhyun noticed that Kyungsoo is not focused on what their doing. He kept on glancing and Baekhyun's just getting curious than ever. "Hey, why do you keep on glancing at my brother, hmm?" Kyungsoo looked at him with wider eyes, than the usual. "Huh? Wh-what are y-you talking a-about?" he stuttered. Oh well, he knows Kyungsoo is lying once he starts to lose his composure. "If you like him, just tell me. I could set you up." he suggested. As if not obvious enough, Kyungsoo turned into a dark shade of red. "N-no! I'm n-not gay." he whined. "Says the one who's blushing so hard right now." he laughed at his friend's face. Kyungsoo sighed, "Okay whatever. It's just he's hot, okay?" by that Baekhyun lughed even more. 

 

They finally chose a song. And it's entitled, What is love. They practiced for an hour and take a break. "Yaah. Jongin can you please get the snacks? It's on the refrigerator." he shouted and side galnce at Kyungsoo who's about to stand and said, "I'll just get it." he looked at him with pleading eyes. But it's too late. Jongin appeared infront of him and hands the chocolate chip cookies on them. "Come join us here." Baekhyun said while hidding his smile at the back of his hands. Kyungsoo glared at him and took the plate in Jongin's hands. He blushed a little and sat beside Baekhyun again. 

 

Kyungsoo bid his goodbye to Baekhyun and his mother and walked out of the house. He looked at Baekhyun one more time with a 'i'll-get-back-at-you-' look. Baekhyun merely laughed. He get back inside with Jongin looking at him expectantly. He thinks maybe Kyungsoo has a chance. 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol's looking for the perfect attire for their first date. And he can't decide which one should he wear. He gets his phone and dialed Baekhyun's number. He answered on the third ring. "Baekhyun-ah." and Chanyeol could feel Baekhyun rolling his eyes, he smiled a bit. "Can you come at my house?" Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise. So he didn't forget? He bit his lips and smiled. "Okay." he get up from lying on the couch and walked towards his neighbor's house. He rings the bell and immediately walked inside. "Yaah, I thought you---" he trailed off as he saw Chanyeol, who's half . Yeah, in' half . Baekhyun shifted his gaze as he feel his cheeks warm up. "Baek, can you please help me to choose what to wear? You see, it's my first date with Dara today." he grabbed Baekhyun's forearm and pushed him inside his room.

 

Of course, he didn't forgot. Stupid, Baekhyun. 

 

 

-----------------------------------

a/n: I would like to thank  xxihan  for editing this fic's poster ^^