It's so unfair

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend


Baekhyun just sighed as he saw all of the outfit Chanyeol has been trying on. "Baek, I can't chose. Help me, please?" he looked at him with pleading eyes. And Baekhyun just can't say no to him. "Okay fine." he raised his hands and starts to search for clothes. He held up a navy blue button down shirt to Chanyeol while he bit his lips and furrows his brows in thought. Chanyeol looked at him and shifted his gaze. "Try this one on. I think it'll match that skinny jeans your wearing now." Chanyeol come to his senses and grabs it.

 

He looked into the mirror and raised his brows upon seeing Baekhyun's reflection on it. "Hmm, that one's good. Just wear your converse and put on some watch, then you're good to go." he smiled. "So, I guess I'm done here?" he asked and Chanyeol turned to look at him. Just then, Chanyeol realized that he had invited Baekhyun to come over this weekend. "Wait," he held up his hands to stop Baekhyun from leaving.

 

"Just come over at six okay? I'll tell Mrs. Byun that you'll sleep over tonight. Baekhyun looked at him with an 'are-you-serious' look. "Why? You can't come?" his face falls. "No, I mean, uhmm, are you home by then? Y-You have a d-date and I t-think it's too early for you to be home." he looked anywhere but at Chanyeol. "Oh, I'll try to be home early. I can't miss our game session." he chuckled. "I've got a new game set to play." 

 

 


Baekhyun waits until it's six in the evening. Her mother immediately said yes to Chanyeol. It's been like a routine for them. Baekhyun always sleeps overnight, when Chanyeol's mom isn't there for work. Their houses are just a 15-minute walk from each other so there's no need for him to bring extra clothes.

 


Chanyeol slowly held Dara's hands while they walk to the parking lot. He side glanced at her and saw her smile. "So, uhmm where are we going next?" she asked politely as they positioned theirselves in Chanyeol's car. He looked at his watch and it's six already. "Uhm, I'll just  drive you home." he looked at her and saw her pout. "But it's still early. Do you have things to do?" she asked. "Yes, I'm sorry." Dara reached for his hands and smiled. She's very sweet, Chanyeol thought. "It's okay." "Hmm, what about next time then?" Chanyeol arched his brows expectantly. She hummed, "Yes, maybe next time."

 

He drove until they reached Dara's house. He opened the car for her and they walked through the gates. "It's nice spending time with you." she said as she goes on her tip toes and kisses Chanyeol's cheecks. He catch himself off-guarded by the sudden contact. "Uhh, it's nice spending time with you too." he said and waved at her. He smiled while he enter his car. But it quickly wipes off as he saw the time. , it's 6:30 already and there's still a 30 minute drive until he reached home. 

 

 

Baekhyun gets himself ready and looked at his mom for approval. "Okay sweetie, enjoy the night." her mom winked and he had to mock a disgust look. He saw Jongin walking towards him with a grin that Baekhyun knows too well. He raised his hands and put it on Jongin's face to stop him from getting closer. "Where do you think you're going?" he asked. "I'm coming over at hyung's house too." Jongin whined. He take his hands off and put it on his hips. "You are not invited." he deadpanned. Jongin snorts, "You just want to solo hyung, as usual." he tsked and shakes his head. "Mom, Jongin's being a brat again." he stomps his feet and make face at his brother. Her mother just laughed while preparing the food on the table. "Just leave your brother, Jongiee. He won't be able to taste my chicken curry tonight." And upon hearing chicken, Jongin immediately dashed to the dinning table and started eating. Baekhyun pouted and smiled at her mom. "Alright, I'm leaving. Bye." he walk through their gates and walked to Chanyeol's house.

 

 

 

Chanyeol parked his car on the garage and immediately jumps out. He then saw Baekhyun, who's on a squatting position while he rest his chin on the back of his hands. Chanyeol slumped his shoulders as he feel guilt ran through him. "Baek, I'm sorry. I jus--" he didn't finished what he's saying when Baekhyun reached for his hands and said, "I told you, it's too early for you to go home after your date." Chanyeol just can't help but hug his bestfriend. Baekhyun's just so sweet when he's like that. Understanding and--, Chanyeol suddenly released him upon realizing the thought. "Have you eaten yet?" he settle on asking him a question. Baekhyun just shakes his head adorably. Chanyeol smiled and swiftly went inside. Baekhyun sat on the countertop as he watch Chanyeol cook. He's been used to it. Chanyeol cooked for himself since he's always left at home, alone. Her mom invariably wents home late or leave for business meetings. Chanyeol's parents are living separately much like Baekhyun's parents. The difference is that, Chanyeol's dad still has contacts with him, while Baekhyun's dad left and they never heard anything about him again.

 

Chanyeol placed the food infront of Baekhyun while getting spoons. "Did you know, mom cooked curry today?" Baekhyun asked as he saw the curry infront of him "Really?" Chanyeol chuckled. Baekhyun closed his eyes upon savoring the food. Why can he cook this good? It's so unfair. When he opened his eyes, he saw Chanyeol grinning at him. "I know I cook so well that you want to marry me." he teased. But really, I want to marry you. Baekhyun's face heats up and luckily he hadn't said it out loud. "As if" he muttered, head hanging low as he tries to calm himself.

 

Both settle on the couch. Chanyeol hands Baekhyun the other controller, and their marathon begins. After a short while, "Ughhh, why am I playing this game with you? I always lose, it's so unfair." he whined while the latter just laughed. Chanyeol turned to his side so he can face Baekhyun. "It's time for punishment." he said while leaning forward. Baekhyun immediately close his eyes. Chanyeol's about to flicked his ears but suddenly comes to a halt. He stared at his bestfriend's face up close and shakes his head, he flicks his ears anyway.  Chanyeol turned to his side again for another round. They went on and on until Baekhyun throws the controller on the table upon seeing a "loser" sign again on his side. "Let's stop playing! I always lose anyway and my ears are bruised already." he whined. Chanyeol smiles and said, "Just one last time, Baek!" Baekhyun heaves a sigh and gets the controller again. 

 

Baekhyun stands up and shouted, "Yehey! I win! I win! Wohooo!" Chanyeol shakes his head while he said. "That's because I let you win, idiot." He laughed when he saw the crestfallen face on Baekhyun. "But still! I win, so it's my turn to give you a punishment." he exclaims and moves towards Chanyeol. He flicked his ears and Chanyeol have this 'is-that-it?' look on his face. "Wait! Let me try it again!" he motioned to flick his ears again, but Chanyeol captures his hands. "This is how you do it." Baekhyun squirmed beneath him, but instead of flicking his ears, he tickles Baekhyun's side. Baekhyun giggled, but it suddenly changes when Chanyeol lifts him up. His eyes widen in surprise, cheeks tinted pink, and immediately laced his fingers on the tallers neck for support. 

Chanyeol lay him down on the bed while Baekhyun bit his lips at the latter's actions. "Let's sleep. I'm tired already." Chanyeol announces. He also position himself next to Baekhyun and scoots closer. "Good night, Baek." he muttered as he slowly drifts to sleep. "Good night, Yeol." he smiled as he thinks it's so unfair that Chanyeol can be this close to him without the flattery feeling he always has. 



------------------------------

a/n: what is going on here? *hides in the corner*