A different light

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend

 

Chanyeol is a mess. He's the worst person living on earth. Hell yes, you are. And just like that, even his brain despises him. He just hurt his bestfriend, Byun Baekhyun. The person who gave him happiness. He likes him. No, scratch that. He loves him---as his friend. Yes, his friend.

 

 

But the flips his stomach does everytime he recalls his and Baekhyun's memories together says otherwise.

 

From the way Baekhyun looked at him whenever he has something to say. From the breathtaking eyesmiles he receives when he walked towards him just to randomly say 'hi'. From the stubborn yet cute rolling of his eyes when Chanyeol asks for favors. From the musical laughters he hears after cracking jokes. From the way he blushes and get all moody everytime he teases him. From all the action Baekhyun does that screams 'I like you, you idiot' makes him ty and warm inside. Realizing that his bestfriend likes him that way, makes him like Baekhyun more and more and, WHAT AM I THINKING? 

 

No, he can't be. Really he can't. That would be weird, yes, weird as in weir----"Chanyeol." a sweet voice suddenly spoke. Was he dreaming? Did he just heard Baekhyun's voice? He look around his room and saw no one. Oh.My.God. He's hallucinating, crap. This is so not normal Park Chanyeol. You are not normal. What is happening to you? He ruffled his hair in frustration and groaned. He needs to clarify things out or he'll burst anytime soon.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol was strolling alone on the park on a Saturday morning. He needs to unwind and think over things. And maybe a wide open field can help him. He was in the middle of sitting on one of the benches when he saw a familiar petite girl. And that girl isn't alone. He quickly hide from the nearest bushes and looked closely. He's right! Its Sandara, and she's with Kwon Ji Yong hyung. Not just that, they were kissing. He prepares himself to get angry, jelous and hurt. But nothing came. He just stood there, looking at the two as if Sandara wasn't her girlfriend and that she was not obviously cheating on him. He feels nothing and it confuses him, scare even. 

 

Why does when I saw that guy kissing Baekhyun's cheeks, its like I want to kill the guy and get Baekhyun away from him? Why does he feel jelous? Why does he want Baekhyun to be his and only his? Why doesn't he feel that way towards Sandara?

 

 

 

 

Is it possible that he perhaps, "No way! Not on earth will I be gay!" he shouted which makes the two couple quickly break from their small make-out session and looked at him. His eyes widen, Sandara's eyes widen, and he wants to escape right now. Like, right now! 

 

"Chanyeol, wait!" Sandara called after him, and he immediately came into a halt. 

 

He needs to fix things. He needs to carify his feelings. And talking to her might help him. 

 

He turned around and went towards her. Sandara was fidgeting upon realizing that she was just caught. She starts to explain, "You see, Chanyeol, we uhmm, we were just friends and," she wasn't able to finish what she was saying when Chanyeol said, "Let's break up." Sandara looked at him, confused. "I like you, Sandara but something's bothering me and I know there's something bothering you too." Chanyeol explained. Sandara sighed, "Look, Chanyeol. I like you because your gentleman and all, but you're really not my type. You know, being shy and young." Sandara shrugged. Chanyeol dropped his jaw, and later on both of them laughed. Wow, it's the first time he feel comfortable with her. "So, can we be friends?" Sandara offered her hand as she raised her brows. Chanyeol smiled and shakes it. 

 

But wait, if she doesn't like me, how come she agreed on dating me? Chanyeol wants to ask but somehow Sandara read through his expression and chuckled. "Seriously, you don't have to know." Sandara waved and winked before she left. Chanyeol 'tssk' as he shakes his head. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Baekhyun is so done with this . He wants to stop crying and stop blaming himsef for being such an for ruining his and Chanyeol's friendship. But he can't. He can't help falling for his bestfriend, either. And it's insane. Seeing Chanyeol look just like him makes him even more insane. He wants to end this stuff, he can't have his daily dose of happiness without him, without him by his side. All he does was to think what's going through Chanyeol's mind, but unfortunately he isn't a psychic. 

 

And to add to his worries, Mrs. Park just have to call him and asked where did Chanyeol go. It's ten in the evening where is that dumb? 

 

"Uhmm, I'm sorry Mrs. Park. I'm not with Chanyeol now. Did you just came here in Korea?" Baekhyun asked, relieved that Mrs. Park is finally back. And that she could take of Chanyeol.

"Yes honey, but I'lI leave immediately since I've some things to do. But Chanyeol's not in the house and he's not answering his phone." Mrs. Park is so worried based from the tone of her voice. But really? How can tis lady be able to work almost every second? He sighed.

"Okay, I'll try asking some of his friends, Mrs. Park. Don't worry. I'll call if Chanyeol arrives." Baekhyun reassured. 

"Oh, thank you so much, honey. If only my dear Chanyeol find a lover like you." Mrs. Park unconsciously commented. Baekhyun blushed and chuckled nervously before he bid his goodbye.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol is so not fond of going to bars and clubs. But he found himself on the bar Sandara has once took him. He wants to drink, since they said its the best way to get away from your problems for a while. He sat on the high stool and ordered a drink. He doesn't know any so he just let the bartender pick a strong one. The bartender handed him a cup of vodka. Chanyeol gulped and drink it on one go. His face contorted at the taste and suddenly felt dizzy but he ordered another shot and another and another. He was about to drink his nth cup but a girl wound her arms around his neck and whispered, "Why are you alone, handsome?" He shivered. That's why he hate going into these kind of places, a lot of people wants to flirt and just plainly wants to get laid. 

 

He shook his head as to say he's not interested but the girl just kissed his neck. "Rejecting me so suddenly, huh?" She grabbed onto his arm and dragged him somewhere. Chanyeol's too dizzy and drank to even react. He tried his best to wave off her but the girl was so persistent. He just found himself on a queen-sized bed after being pushed harshly by the girl. The next thing he knew was that, the girl was kissing him passionately and that all he could think was Baekhyun, Baekhyun, and only Baekhyun. He deepened the kiss and hovered over. He remembered how amazing it was kissing Baekhyun and pulling him close to him.The girl moaned into the kiss and Chanyeol instantly turned sober as he realized the the person beneath him wasn't Baekhyun. He stood up, leaving the room and the girl behind. He went down and run away from the club. He bumped onto them but he cared less. All he wants was to get out after realizing what just happened.

 

 

He just thought about kissing Baekhyun. 

 

 

Chanyeol went inside his car and drove. Wow, suddenly he's feeling as if he didn't drank at all. How could that happen? And for the love of God, he was able to park his car but not on their house, but at Baekhyun's. He went through the gates and was about to shout Baekhyun's name, but then he realized what time is it. He might disturb his Baekhyun's sleep. Chanyeol just settled on walking home. It was dawn and the only the moonlight and lamp post were the only light he see. But not until he went near their house that he saw another light radiating from something--someone in the matter. His vision adjusted and he saw Baekhyun running towards him. 

 

"Chanyeol? Where the hell were you? Why did you went home late? Don't you know Mrs. Park was here and he's worried because you were not at the house. And oh, you smell like you've drunk. Wait, you dranked? Why did mmphhm," Chanyeol cut off Baekhyun's rant and kissed him on the lips. He can't help it. Baekhyun just looked so etheral under the moonlight and the thought that he waited for him made him want to kiss him so bad. Baekhyun's eyes widen at the kiss. Chanyeol sneaked his hands around the latter's waist and pulled him impossibly closer. Baekhyun let out a puppy-like whimper (which Chanyeol missed so much) as Chanyeol moved his lips and kissed Baekhyun so slow and passionately. Baekhyun can't help but kiss back, hands clutch tightly onto Chanyeol's shirt (a thing Chanyeol missed too) as the kiss went on. 

 

Chanyeol's feelings are so unbearable that after Baekhyun broke to kiss for them to catch his breath he said the words he thought he can't ever say, "I like you so much Baek." Baekhyun can't believe what was happening, more when Chanyeol said those words. "C-Chanyeol, you uhmmm, a-are you k-kidding me?" And that's when Chanyeol let his feelings fall into words as he said, "I am not kidding, Baek. I like you too, and I know it's too late. But I realized I've always been in love with you. I just don't want to accpet it, but I know. I fell in love with you. I fell in love with my bestfriend."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: I THINK THIS STORY IS ENDING SOON OH MY GOD I CANNOT.