Chapter Eight

Waiting

(( A/N Hello~ I don't think I have much to put for an author's note, other than I plotted out stuff for Waiting and Tao should show up about chapter 14 or 15. Thank you all for being so pantient! I'm doing a lot of planning on the actual ChanTao arc of this fic so I hope it ends up being worth the wait that was far longer than even I had expected.

Oh, and as you can tell this is an off week owo With classes ending and my getting caught up on the ot12 I'm working on I've had more time to work on this fic, thus it will be changing to weekly updates~ :D And will probably be complete by the new year ))


Chapter Eight:

Why don’t you fix me? I can’t help myself 
 

 

Jongdae changed his dealing of the pills again, and Chanyeol was pretty sure it was because of his change in behavior when the other was in his dorm. He watched Jongdae a little closer, worried about what the other would do if he found the bottles he had been buying off Yixing for almost three weeks.
 

The pill in the evening that Jongdae gave his was the closest thing to a constant in his life, and now he was getting half a pill every other day as well; something he wished Jongdae had switched to instead of just one pill a day as he had earlier that month. That seemed like the logical option if Jongdae was trying to ween him off of them. He had been able to hide what he had been doing for three weeks, letting his guard down as Jongdae stepped into his dorm without any waring and Chanyeol nearly jumped out of his skin.
 

“My door was locked,” he stated and Jongdae shrugged, digging in his bag.
 

“I’ve seen you grab your key from atop the door enough times to know it’ll be there,” Jongdae told him, pulling out a small plastic bag with round orange pills inside. “I’m going out of town for the weekend. I should get back Monday, but I don’t know how late, so you get a six pill stash. Don’t be stupid with them,” he warned. Chanyeol sat up on his bed as Jongdae made his way into the bathroom.


Jongdae opened the medicine cabinet, placing the bag inside and closing it. He was about to turn towards Chanyeol when something orange in the trash bin caught his eye. He bent down, pulling out two orange bottles turning to glare at a wide eyed Chanyeol. “What the is wrong with you?” He snapped, causing Chanyeol to cringe, and he stepped out of the bathroom. “How long have you been buying pills off Zhang?” He asked, holding up the bottle when Chanyeol opened his mouth to try and feign ignorance

“R-remember the day I called you… and you were busy in the library?” He asked, Jongdae’s hand lowering as the harsh look on his face faded. “A friend in class gave me his number… said he would have something to help me.”

“For ’s sake,” Jongdae muttered, rubbing his face with his hand before his glare was back. “Do you want to die?” he hissed, a furious look in his eyes catching Chanyeol of guard.

“I’ve been taking those pills for over a year, I don’t think they’re going to kill me if I take the amount I was taking for the couple of months before I met you.”

“That’s not the point! The ones you were taking were from the pharmacy, straight to you. You don’t know what these have been laced with!” Jongdae snapped, throwing the empty bottle at the other, hitting his square in the forehead. “ it. If I come back to you rotting on the bathroom floor, it’ll make my life a hell of a lot easier,” he growled, opening the door and slamming it closed behind himself.

Chanyeol watched the door for a few moments, half expecting the other to burst through the door again. Hoped even. But when there were no signs that he was coming back today the black haired male sighed, picking up the empty bottle, frowning at it as the other’s words ran through his head. How long have you been buying pills off Zhang?

He looked over the bottle. How did the other know who he had gotten the pills from? Setting the bottle on the night stand he flopped onto his back, staring at the ceiling. That whole situation could have gone a lot better.  



Jongdae wasn’t fully aware of where he was heading once Chanyeol’s door slammed behind himself, soon finding himself banging his fist against some other dorm door. The door lock clicked and he lowered his fist as it opened to reveal Yifan, rubbing his eyes and Jongdae only caught a glimpse of his confusion before he pushed the blond inside. He kicked the door close behind him, pushing Yifan against the wall as he crashed his lips against the other’s. He felt the older’s hands move to his shoulders, forcing him back and breaking the kiss.

“J-Jongdae, what are you-”

“Clothes off,” Jongdae interrupted him, grabbing the hem of the other’s sleep shirt, trying to pull it up.

“What?”

“Clothes. Off. Now.” the brunet demanded, pulling the blond’s shirt up as far as it would go with the other’s arms causing a problem. He leaned forward, taking one of Yifan’s s between his lips, swirling his tongue around it as he took it into his mouth, causing Yifan’s pushing him to weaken as he gasped.

“Jongdae, wh-why are you here?” He asked, letting the brunet pull his shirt over his head, leaving him in his just boxers.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m seducing you.” Jongdae stated, pulling his bag strap over his head, dropping it onto the floor. “But you don’t… do this.” Jongdae grabbed the other’s crotch, pleased to feel the older was starting to harden already.

“Do what?” He asked, his lower lip.

“Sleep with the same person twice,” Yifan groaned, swallowing hard.

“You complaining?”

“No, I just-”

“Then shut up and me,” he said, pulling the other from the wall and walking him backwards to the couch.


 

Chanyeol was surprised to wake up Tuesday morning to the familiar brunet carrying a large paper bag in each arm, kicking the door closed before going into Chanyeol’s kitchen. Chanyeol sat up, rubbing his eyes before he got out of bed and padded after him.
 

“It’s like… 8 am. Why are you here?” he asked, yawning. When he opened his eyes to look at the other he flinched back to see Jongdae standing right in front of him.

“So who’s pills have you been taking? The ones I gave you, or Zhang’s?”

“That doesn’t answer my question.”

“That could answer mine.” Chanyeol sighed.

“I haven’t gone to get any others from Yixing. So the ones you left me,” He replied.

“You better ing keep it that way. Who knows what else you’ll get hooked on by taking the he’ll sell you.”

“You seem to have a deep hated for his guy. What did he do to you? And how do you even know who I got those pills from?”

“The bottom of the pill bottle has a symbol. Each dealer on this campus has their own.”

“So what did he do to you?”

“I’ve had some friends buy thing off of him, and it put them in the hospital.” Chanyeol tensed a little, looking away from the brunet.

“I didn’t know.”

“No, you didn’t. And that’s what’s going to get you killed.”

“If you would just give me the bottle of-” He was cut off when Jongdae smacked the side of his head and he looked back at him, rubbing the throbbing side of his head as he stared at the other with wide eyes.

“Don’t you ing try to blame me for you going to some shady dealer because you got yourself addicted to something,” He said in a low, even tone that scared Chanyeol more than his yelling.
 

“S-sorry.”

“Prove it.”

“W… What?”

“You’re sorry? Prove it.” “How do you expect me to prove that?”

“I dunno. But if you’re sorry, you’ll figure it out,” he said, walking past Chanyeol out of the kitchen. Chanyeol tried to follow him, but the door shut before he was out of the kitchen so he sighed, looking back into the kitchen at the bags the brown haired man had brought. He wasn’t sure if he should smile or feel sick with himself at the realization that the bags were filled with groceries.

 



Things stated to go back to normal between the pair after Jongdae came back from his trip, but he refused to answer any of Chanyeol’s questions about it. At least, as normal as they could be between them until Jongdae got a job two weeks later and Chanyeol went back to not knowing when the other was going to show up to give him a pill.

“When are you going to trust me enough to give me a week’s stash of pills at a time?”

“When are you going to be responsible enough that I entertain that thought as being an option?” Jongdae asked in response, looking through his order book and typing things in on the touch screen at the host stand. Chanyeol sighed, slumping against the counter of the restaurant.

“You treat me like a child.”

“I treat you how you act,” Jongdae replied, pulling the receipt from the printer, ignoring the pout on the other’s lips as he counted out the total on the receipt the printer spat out and disappeared to give it to his manager. He came back out of the kitchen, reaching into his apron to count out the bills he hand left, holding up a fan of single bills.

“Hey, let’s go to a strip club,” he piped up, laughing at the look Chanyeol gave him in response.

“How about no.”

“Fine. A bar then.”

“I don’t see how that’s much better,” Chanyeol argued, letting Jongdae pull him by his wrist from his stool and into the first bar they came to.


((A/N shorter chapter than usual, but the next one is longer to make up for it, this was just the best place for a pause that didn't feel sudden

Also, my lovely Beta reader brought up Jongdae taking Chanyeol to a bar and asked if that was actually a good idea since most medication says not to drink with it. No, no he shouldn't, he's very much trying to get Chanyeol to take a hint after showing up randomly at the end of Jongdae's shift at work

Also the title makes me cry because of how fitting it is from both Chanyeol and Jongdae's point of view ))