Chapter Two

Waiting

((A/N Yay~ It's finally been two weeks. I am so amazed at how much attention this got! Like, holy crap. Thank you so very much to subscribers and those who upvoted and Cougousterstixs for being my first comment on a story ever uwu

I know I said in one of the author's notes the chapter before that this was gonna be a lot of overview or the like, but I changed my mind. And there's gonna be one more chapter after this one before we get to the good stuff owo

Any way, I hope you all enjoy this chapter ^^ ))


11084847_912444025443266_1012086245_n.jp

Chapter Two: 
You Decided This Was All for the Best

 

When he woke back up his sister was where his mother had been sitting the first time he had woken up. The IV had also been replaced with a small band aid, and Chanyeol curled his hand into a lose fist and relaxed it again a few time before his sister looked over at him.

“At first I thought mom was just imagining it when she said you woke back up.” She said, turning to face him. “I don’t think I can express how good it is to see your eyes open again.” She added. Chanyeol tried to smile but he was sure it didn’t meet his eyes.

“Never thought I was uncoordinated enough to end up unconscious… let alone in a coma.” He said, trying to push himself into a sitting position. A sharp pain shot down the back of his neck had him gasping in pain and Yura placed a hand on his shoulder to get him to stay down.

“Hey, don’t try to move. You’re fine right where you are, so just relax.” She said. “When they took out your IV they said you could start taking pain killers. Do you want me to call in a nurse to give you some?” She asked as Chanyeol finally laid back. He gave a small nod and Yura pressed the call button on the control bad on the side of his bed. A nurse came in asking what they needed, then returned shortly with two small cups, one with a couple small red pills and the other with water.

“You should try to rest. The doctor cleaned you for discharge in the morning and says in a week you need to come by for a checkup. After that you should be able to return to school.” Yura explained tucking the blanket around him before sitting back in her chair.

Chanyeol’s gaze shifted around the room to find the clock on the wall; it was already half past seven in the evening. He wasn’t even sure what time he had woken up in the first place, but he was pretty sure the sun was still up.

“I’ve been asleep for almost two weeks. I think I’ve rested enough, Noona.” He replied, earning a laugh from his sister.

“Mom said you fell back asleep when she was talking to the doctor, so obviously not.” She teased. “Besides, if you sleep then tomorrow morning will be here before you know it, and you’ll be able to come home. I’m sure your own bed is more comfortable than the ones here.” She added as he shifted a little on the bed, trying to find a position that didn’t make his legs feel stiff or cause discomfort for his knees. He looked to the TV on the wall once he was comfortable enough, drifting in and out of consciousness for close to an hour before he fell back asleep.

~

He was falling. At least, he was pretty sure he was. The weightless feeling mixed with the almost fearful feeling in his stomach... But why was he falling? He opened his eyes only to be greeted with the blue sky above him, and a faceless figure who was getting further away and the building roof he was standing on was growing higher and higher and- wait. The building wasn’t growing… he was falling off the building.

The fearful feeling in his stomach grew into more of a panic just before a forceful shock rocked his body and he was sure he had hit the ground until he realized that he was now staring up at a ceiling.  His sister’s face entered his line of sight and he swallowed hard, feeling a bead of sweat roll down the side of his face.

“N-noona?”

“Chanyeol, what’s wrong?”

“I… don’t know… what you mean?” He said between trying to catch his breath

“You were screaming in your sleep.” She stated, eyes wide as she watched his face, looking from one eye to the other and back again.

“I was… What?”

“I heard you scream, so I ran in here to see what was wrong and you didn’t answer me when I spoke to you. I tried to shake you awake and you just screamed again until you woke back up.” She explained, worry dripping from her voice.

“I’m… I’m alright. I was just having a bad dream.” Chanyeol said, shifting to lie on his side, hiding most of his face into his pillow. Yura shifted so she was sitting so she could see what little of his face he hadn’t covered the best that she could.

“Even when you had bad dreams when you were little, you never screamed. I’ve never heard you scream like that.” She argued, placing a hand on his forehead. When he didn’t reply she sighed, moving her hand to the side of his head, stoking a few strands of his hair back from his forehead before moving her hand to his shoulder. “I wonder if it’s from all the stress from the hospital… maybe they should have kept you a couple more days and waited for you to adjust a little more before coming home. I can’t imagine the shock you must still be going through.” She murmured, rubbing his shoulder.

“Noona, I’m fine. You can go back to be now.” He said, receiving a frown in response. “Really. I’m okay.” He pressed and she shook her head, pulling his blanket up and tucking it around him.

“Alright, alright. I’m just worried.” She said, standing from beside his bed. She walked to the open door into his room, stopping in the doorway to look back at him. “I’ll see you in the morning. Come get me if you need anything.” She added. “I love you, Chanyeol.”

“Love you too, Noona. Good night.” He said, curling in on himself a little. She closed the door softly and he laid there for close to half an hour before he fell back asleep.

~

The next three nights were almost exactly the same as his first home. Yura would wake Chanyeol up when she was woken by his screaming, and the morning of his fifth day home she ignored him when he tried to stop her from telling their mother about it. His mother didn’t hesitate to call the doctor’s office to move his check up a few days, and two hours later the three of them were in the car on the way to the doctor’s office. As their house disappeared in the rearview mirror he gave up his argument, closing his eyes and laying his head back on the headrest.

 

A short doctor’s visit, that his sister and mother took full control of, later they were back in the car and Chanyeol was starting at an orange bottle, the label saying it help 30 small, white, round pills... When his sister had brought up his screaming in the middle of the night the doctor had been quicker to diagnose what was wrong with him than Chanyeol liked, but he hadn’t gotten the chance to voice his opinion on the matter. He turned the bottle in his hand, the pills making soft tac tac tac noises as they shifted and hit the plastic of the bottle. Yura looked back at him from the passenger seat, turning in her seat and reaching to try to hold his hand.

“It’s not forever, Chanyeol. You shouldn’t have to take it for more than a month. It’s probably just because of how your mind’s reacting to all the stress you’ve been under while trying to adjust back to normal.” She tried.

“They gave me enough medication when I was in my coma… I don’t want to take more.” He said, shifting out of her reach and setting his hand down in his lap so he was no longer staring at the label as if it was going to change the situation.

“Just try it for a week. If it doesn’t help by then, you never have to take it again. Alright?” She asked, placing her hand on his knee to try to comfort him the best she could. She stared at him as he kept his gaze from her, and soon their mother pulled into the driveway and turned off the car, looking to Yura and then to him. “Chanyeol…”

“I don’t really have a choice, do I?”

~

His attitude changed over the next few ways, and Yura would have been glad to make an ‘I told you so’ comment, if it wasn’t for just how much the other changed.

“See, he’s doing much better.” Momma Park said, sitting across the dining room table from Yura, who was watching Chanyeol. The dark haired male was sitting in a chair at the other end of the table, staring at the back door as he had for the last hour straight, and it was easy to say Yura was growing worried again.

“Maybe this was a bad idea.” She said, and their mother frowned,.

“What do you mean? He’s all better now.” Momma Park replied.

“Mom, just because he doesn’t scream in the middle of the night doesn’t mean he’s better.” He said, looking back at their mother. “When was the last time he ate?”

“He says he hasn’t been feeling hungry recently. He’s wanted to sleep mostly. The few times I’ve made him food, he fell back asleep by the time I bright it to him.”

“If he can’t stay awake for more than two hours, how is he supposed to go back to school?” Yura argued. “And if he doesn’t eat, he’s going to end up back in the hospital.” Her voice rose a little at the end in minor frustration and she stood, making her way over to Chanyeol.  She placed a hand on his shoulder, cringing a little at how slow he was to look up at her.

“Noona?”

“It’s time to eat something.”

Chanyeol’s gaze turned back o look out the back door, “I’m not hungry.” He replied and she sighed, tightening her grip on his shoulder as she forced a smile, a guilty feeling entering her stomach.

“I know, but you haven’t eaten in a while. We need to make sure you eat well so you can get better.” She pressed, sliding her hand down his arm to take his hand and pull him to his feet – steadying him when he almost fell over. “There we go. Now c’mon, let’s get you dressed.” She said, carefully guiding him to his room and sitting him on the bed. With some effort she changed him from his sleep pants to a pair of denim jeans, and a simple long sleeve button up. She helped him back up, smiling as he was responding better this time, and didn’t try to eat carpet. To the door to help him with his shoes and out the door, Yura nabbed the car keys without giving their mother a second glance.

~

Thirty minutes later they were seated at Yoogane Myeongdong, a waiter coming to take their order shortly.

“We’ll get the chicken Dalgakbi with fried rice, with only a little spice…. And an order of galbi.” Yura said, handing the waiter their menus. She looked to Chanyeol who was, thankfully, not staring off into space. Maybe he just needed to move around? Yura wondered.

“I hope your checkup next week goes well.” She said, Chanyeol meting her gaze. “That way you can go back to school. It’ll get you out of the house and away from…. Our ‘help’.” Chanyeol was about to ask something when the waiter came over and started to prepare their meal for them. Chanyeol took a couple meek bites of the fried rice before he started to shovel the food into his mouth as fast as he could swallow, and Yura smiled, turning her attention to her own food.


((A/N Yay~ Poor Chanyeol. This would have been up an hour earlier if I wasn't struggling with a title for the chapter xD It's inspired by Imogen Heap's song Hide and Seek, and I'm hoping to work more on the playlist for this fic so I don't run into today's problem again. I've just been spending so much time with a different playlist because Trinity wanted to get it mostly done and finished asap.

Anywho~ I hope you liked it ^^ See you again in two weeks~ ))